Kaggath Heats - Ascending Empire vs Alliance of Worlds

Beniboybling

Alliance Defense Fleet should be called navy not fleet, not one of those fourteen fleets is larger than the Death Squadron.

So? He can send 4-5 fleets against Death Squadron and still sit happily at home with another 9-10 fleets for defense or counter attack. Numbers have a way of evening the odds.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superior numbers, yes. Superior firepower? Perhaps not.

I can put a stop to your Battle Meditation via a boarding party sporting Obi-Wan Kenobi and several Imperial Knights.

I can nullify your tactis with Plo Koon.

And finally, you face Garm Bel Iblis. A man intimately familiar with the tactics sported by rebel forces. Had I kept Jan Dodonna, I could have put your rebel tactics down with little effort, but Iblis shall do.

Boarding party is going to have difficulty getting on since they would have to fly their and once their they would have to deal with Luke and hundreds if not thousands of highly trained Spec force Marines..... don't think they will get passed that.

Garm Bel is good, but his specialty is ground combat not space Akbar was the better space tacticition and Wedge proved to be a better tactitian the Akbar during several of their war games.

Also not sure Plo Koon would be completely able to invade Wedge's mind as I believe Leia could defend comrades against such an assault..... Also with a command gun used on him or any one of your Imperial knights or Obi-wan the tactics there would be turned against you....... and with the small number of ships you have in the air this makes a boarding party even more difficult to pull off since you would have to get passed all the fighters which I don't see as lilkely.

Also firepower If you want we can compare ship to ship...... trust me I have more firepower.

I am not forgetting your second naval force at all.... its still small and lacking in firepower by comparison.

Also not to mention.... espionage.... hacking ....... stealth ships.... underground criminal contacts.......that would all likely be taking place at the same time.

Edited by tunewalker

Are you so unsure of your actual ground forces that you have to rely on your supplier? :confused:

Not at all, but I picked the Techno Union to add some backbone to my forces. Just in case I face a numerically superior foe.

A mis-type on my part.

Correction: I was informed that the Techno Union supplies me with their droid forces.

Why would we bother picking other forces then if we already get the army of out supplier?

I say Beni will have to explain this all to us when he gets on cause I'm having trouble justifying this.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Everybody seems to be forgetting about my second naval force: Thrawn's armada.

Unfortunately, that's 36 ships.

Any minor fleets were shrunk down to 36 apparently, My open circle was allowed if shrunken, which he said is the size of death squadron.

I argued if, but *shrug* something for Beni to think on given the indisputable evidence of the size of the GA fleet.

I think it should also be noted that Wedge is from Corellia. This would be critical in a battle for Corellia, or in placing spies there.

I was prepared to argue that..... but...... Garm bel is also Corellian.... Aurbere was smart he didn't leave that giant back door open.

That being said it does make the Corellian citizens a bit neutral in our fight an advantage no one else will have against Aurbere's forces.

Honostly part of me hoped he had picked Akbar which would have made me

Edited by tunewalker

Boarding party is going to have difficulty getting on since they would have to fly their and once their they would have to deal with Luke and hundreds if not thousands of highly trained Spec force Marines..... don't think they will get passed that.

They can make it. If necessary, they can just destroy whatever ship Leia's on.

Garm Bel is good, but his specialty is ground combat not space Akbar was the better space tacticition and Wedge proved to be a better tactitian the Akbar during several of their war games.

Iblis did pretty good against Thrawn in their battle. He eventually lost, but at least he was able to do something.

Also not sure Plo Koon would be completely able to invade Wedge's mind as I believe Leia could defend comrades against such an assault.....

Any proof that Leia can shield Wedge and use Battle Meditation? Any proof that she can shield Wedge's mind at all?

Also with a command gun used on him or any one of your Imperial knights or Obi-wan the tactics there would be turned against you....... and with the small number of ships you have in the air this makes a boarding party even more difficult to pull off since you would have to get passed all the fighters which I don't see as lilkely.

I guess you forgot about tri-fighters and their buzz droids. The buzz droids can take over enemy starfighters. That should clear things up, hmm?

Also firepower If you want we can compare ship to ship...... trust me I have more firepower.

Not in a single fleet. But that firepower can be turned against you.

I am not forgetting your second naval force at all.... its still small and lacking in firepower by comparison.

Roughly two hundred vessels is not small.

Also not to mention.... espionage.... hacking ....... stealth ships.... underground criminal contacts.......that would all likely be taking place at the same time.

Yes, yes. But how do you intend to protect your command staff? Imperial Knights are not easily defeated, nor is Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Why would we bother picking other forces then if we already get the army of out supplier?

I say Beni will have to explain this all to us when he gets on cause I'm having trouble justifying this.

I don't make the rules.

Unfortunately, that's 36 ships.

Any minor fleets were shrunk down to 36 apparently, My open circle was allowed if shrunken, which he said is the size of death squadron.

I argued if, but *shrug* something for Beni to think on given the indisputable evidence of the size of the GA fleet.

No, it's about two hundred ships. Thrawn's personal fleet was about the same size as Death Squadron, but his entire armada was much larger.

They can make it. If necessary, they can just destroy whatever ship Leia's on.

Iblis did pretty good against Thrawn in their battle. He eventually lost, but at least he was able to do something.

Any proof that Leia can shield Wedge and use Battle Meditation? Any proof that she can shield Wedge's mind at all?

I guess you forgot about tri-fighters and their buzz droids. The buzz droids can take over enemy starfighters. That should clear things up, hmm?

Not in a single fleet. But that firepower can be turned against you.

Roughly two hundred vessels is not small.

Yes, yes. But how do you intend to protect your command staff? Imperial Knights are not easily defeated, nor is Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I don't make the rules.

No, it's about two hundred ships. Thrawn's personal fleet was about the same size as Death Squadron, but his entire armada was much larger.

You wouldn't have access to the droids right out the gate.... and again.... IG-88..... can take over those droid ships you just named and turn them against you talk about a double wammy of take over being taken over by your own forces.

While the Imperial Knights are not easy to fight off they are not invincible either, Luke would be capable of taking at least 2 of them even Leia has enough training to take 1, and the Rebel spec forces numbers would be more then capable of out numbering them and taking them down with all sorts of weapons.

Oh proof that Leia can use battle meditation.... she used it in 11 ABY to help Luke against the Emperor.... her abilities in this grew by the time of the Leia I have at 24 ABY right before the start of the YV war.

Edited by tunewalker

Thrawn's armada:

9 Imperial-class Star Destroyers.

2 Victory-class Star Destroyers.

3 Interdictor-class Star Destroyers.

178 Dreadnought-class Heavy Cruisers.

12 Strike-class meduim cruisers.

22 Carrack-class light cruisers.

30 TIE fighter squadrons(not including the ones already stationed on the afore-mentioned vessels).

Not exactly that out-numbered now.

Edited by LadyKulvax

I was prepared to argue that..... but...... Garm bel is also Corellian.... Aurbere was smart he didn't leave that giant back door open.

True. Very, very true. I pulled out my copy of the Star Wars Complete Visual Dictionary, found a quote that could be interesting, seeing as boarding parties are being discussed.

Charged with carrying out specific military objectives, Alliance Special Forces(SpecForces) brigades are trained for specialized services ranging from zero-gravity combat to stealthy demolitions. SpecForce wilderness fighters are trained to use their terrain for the best tactical advantage in combat. During the Battle of Endor, wilderness fighters wear full forest-camouflage fatigues to infiltrate an Imperial base.

EDIT: We need Beni to clear the rules about suppliers up. This is getting confusing and annoying.

Edited by Canino

You wouldn't have access to the droids right out the gate.... and again.... IG-88..... can take over those droid ships you just named and turn them against you talk about a double wammy of take over being taken over by your own forces.

I am aware of IG's presence. But you have contradicted your strategy several times now. What are you planning to do with IG? Is he a bounty hunter, or hacking superweapon? Both?

Bah, humbug. Also, another question, how is IG going to hack my droids? I'm fully aware of the Mechis takeover, but I don't think he can hack the droids when they are 'independant of the system'

While the Imperial Knights are not easy to fight off they are not invincible either, Luke would be capable of taking at least 2 of them even Leia has enough training to take 1, and the Rebel spec forces numbers would be more then capable of out numbering them and taking them down with all sorts of weapons.

That's great, and all, but there's more than three Knights. And you forgot about Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Now you're using your supplier to boost your naval forces too?

This has seriously gone too far.

Almost every supplier posted is able to provide military forces. Heck, MandalMotors is going to be providing heavy mandalorian vessels and vehicles for whoever has them.

Edit: Even the Commerce Guild can provide heavy vehicles for whomever has them.

Edited by Aurbere

Thrawn's armada:

9 Imperial-class Star Destroyers.

2 Victory-class Star Destroyers.

3 Interdictor-class Star Destroyers.

178 Dreadnought-class Heavy Cruisers.

12 Strike-class meduim cruisers.

22 Carrack-class light cruisers.

30 TIE fighter squadrons.

Not exactly that out-numbered now.

*sigh*

first off the Dreadnoughts would be the one ship that we could note as being under in tech as it was noted as such at the time in the fleet. second

GADF

3 Star defenders

at least 10 Mediators

at least 30 MC 140

at least 50 Bothan Assault Cruisers

at least 50 Hapan Battle dragons

at least 50 Majestic-class heavy cruiser

at least 40 MC 80B's

At least 50 MC 90's

35 Nebula-class Star destroyer (the smallest number ship wise of the destroyer or cruiser lines)

at least 40 Rejuvenator-class Star destroyer

At least 100 Republic-class Cruiser

At least 50 Republic-class Star destroyer

This is not to mention Carriers....Frigate.... Corvettes...... Or support craft such as Freighters.