Kaggath Heats - Ascending Empire vs Alliance of Worlds

Beniboybling

Ok, one mistake has been made when assessing my forces...... Assuming I ONLY have brute force at my disposal.

The rebels were more then just masters of attrition warfare they were also master spies and espionage. Leia was a leader who knew how to focus on the big picture while Luke and Wedge are more then capable of focusing on the here and now for strategy.

I forgot. Wedge was a tactician, wasn't he. Well, kiddies, guess you'll get to see my Plo Koon strategy after all.

The spy and espionage part helps even more with access to Command guns from Hapes, able to take over the minds of any one even force sensitives and force them to do anything the wielder asks even kill themselves, making those that were already good at espionage and sabotage even better.

Interesting. I'm betting they don't work on droids. Would that be a safe bet?

To top this out Brentaal has a large criminal underground and so does Corucaunt, my people have both the money and the known affinity for using such a criminal underground to get intel or do damage from the inside with assassinations or bounty hunters.

Speaking of Bounty hunters as most have already figured IG-88 would be capable of hacking Aurbere's fleet, but this would not be his end goal. Ultimately he would be assigned to find and kill Mon Mothma and Garm Bel Ibilis.

You're hiring bounty hunters? What ever will I do? :rolleyes:

Even if you hack my fleets (elaboration on this scenario is required), I can just trade ships with you via boarding parties.

So ultimately while a large scale assault is likely, its not going to be the only thing the AoW is doing, as always their main target is clear and while the battle will serve as a distraction the main thing that needs to be watched out for are the assassins and bounty hunters going for Mon Mothma and Garm Bel Iblis.

Or I could force a large scale assault by attacking you directly while you waste time hunting my leaders?

For defense against such an assault on Leia she is a capable Force wielder at this time, while not a fullfledged knight she still has Lightsaber training in Jar'Kai, Battle meditation and the ability to ward off and use all kinds of Mind Tricks and Telepathy. She is capable of keeping in contact with her brother during any engagements. Also the Rebels defense strategy was based around a "let the worthless thing go and make sure the important thing stays". If ever in trouble the Rebels would purposely give up useless ground to protect the more important things. This of course would include Leia, likely by the time any one tried to be knocking on her Door she would be long gone especially with the number of force sensitives heading her way both Luke and her would be more then capable of sensing them coming.

Ah, yes, Leia. How to kill her... Cortosis Battle Droids? I'm sure a single B3 could handle it.

Nah, don't do that, I want to see their reactions to the quotes you're going to pull out. :jawa_evil:

As you wish.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only one Gun of Command.

A rifle version developed by Charubah Armaments Guild turned up on Kabal around 0 ABY,

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gun_of_Command

The fantastic amount of wealth available to them also included unique treasures such as rainbow gems and guns of command fetching high prices on both legal and illegal markets

Seems to suggest other wise. Also I am pretty sure Han had one and so did the Queen Mothers gaurds in courtship of princess Leia. So while their were few there was more then 1.

I forgot. Wedge was a tactician, wasn't he. Well, kiddies, guess you'll get to see my Plo Koon strategy after all.

Interesting. I'm betting they don't work on droids. Would that be a safe bet?

You're hiring bounty hunters? What ever will I do? :rolleyes:

Even if you hack my fleets (elaboration on this scenario is required), I can just trade ships with you via boarding parties.

Or I could force a large scale assault by attacking you directly while you waste time hunting my leaders?

Ah, yes, Leia. How to kill her... Cortosis Battle Droids? I'm sure a single B3 could handle it.

As you wish.

No command guns do not work on droids..... but IG-88 does, he is famous for pretty much tacking over an entire planet of droids.

Also Boarding parties would have to Board the ship, and not get killed, Boarding would be difficult in the midst of battle and once aboard you would have to deal with 1st Regiment - SpecForce SpaceOps Regiment, as well as again any infiltration or espionage teams which were more then happy to take themselves out along with their enemy if need be, and as we have already stated I am more then capable of fighting a war of Attrition.

I am not sure how you would "Force" a large scale assault...... even during such an assault the rebels would still utilize special ops and Special forces along with assassins and bounty hunters to attack the your commanders while simultaneously fighting the larger war. This is actually their preference and most effective method they generally use doing so is just putting them in their comfort zone.

And wow are we underestimating Leia or What, she still kept her assortment of weapons on her in addition to lightsabers she had her blaster pistol was a trained and noted marksman as well as her martial arts training and even some grenades. 1 battle droid isn't going to cut it...... Also not sure where your getting the droids is the Techno union giving you access to droids that would normally not be part of the regiments you chose.

Edit: Aurbere you are going to need every force you have to take this team. I have a huge numbers advantage, but I did not neglect strategy or stealth for those numbers.

Edited by tunewalker

Also not sure where your getting the droids is the Techno union giving you access to droids that would normally not be part of the regiments you chose.

This.

It was my understanding that suppliers give you supplies, not super-power units that aren't part of the ground forces you chose.

Just a note on training.... I have Carida so all of my troops would be trained far above and beyond normal, just a note.

Edit: I can see why beni put the 2 of us together in the first heat, I do not actually believe either one of is going to be all that successful at the infiltration aspect going for the leaders...... The more I look at it the more improbable this would be, at least in the early portions of the war. Unless you don't have the droids for some time if it takes time to get droids there is a good possibility that my team could hit hard and cut off supply routes right from the start preventing the droids, but if you start with them this looks to be a very long war with everything going on spies and espionage as well as direct assaults and war of attrition. I am eager to see your arguments Aurbere and am partly glad it was you that was my first opponent.

Edited by tunewalker

Alright Rayla. Here are the sourcebooks.

(My New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels books is in really poor condition, so no quotes from that book at this time)

An arsenal of built-in weapons gives the ultra battle droid its bite. Two smaller arms have retractable rapid-fire blaster cannons in their forearms. The right primary arm is equipped with a tight-spray flamethrower, while the left sports a wide-spray plasma cannon. Built into the left shoulder is a rocket launcher, armed with semi-sentient brilliant missles that can track their targets.

Jedi Masters Mace Windu and Saesee Tiin faced the Avatar-7 prototype at the Battle of Iktotch.[1] Though their individual skills were not enough to overcome the behemoth, the Jedi worked together to defeat it, eventually destroying it by crushing it under the remains of a Hailfire droid.

Cortosis battle droids were a frightening variant on Baktoid Combat Automata's super battle droids-made even more dangerous thanks to their lightsaber resistant armor.

Wat Tambor convinced Count Dooku to mount a raid on Coruscant using the new droids. Ten months after the start of the Clone Wars-and more than two years before General Grievous would do the same-Dooku invaded Coruscant with an army of cortosis droids and several of his dark side minions. The droids laid waste to the city's underlevels and broke into the Jedi Temple, nearly allowing Dooku to destroy the Jedi Archives.

Eventually, the Separatists were forced to withdraw, but the cortosis droids had performed extremely well against Jedi opponents. So well, in fact, that Darth Sidious considered the droids a destabilizing factor in the war that he was carefully orchestrating.

A droideka has two double-barreled blaster cannons where its arms should be, and both can spit out rapid-fire crimson energy powerful enough to chew enemies to pieces. The cannons can also fire high-intensity blasts, at a slower rate, that are capable of exploding light vehicles. Droidekas possess their own deflector shields, making the droid virtually immune to small-arms fire. The shields, hazy blue and sherical, are polarized so that the droideka's own bolts penetrate outward while return fire splashes uselessly against the shield's periphery.

Nute Gunray was savvy enough not to completely trust the Colicoids. For this reason (and also to knock down the extravagant price), he insisted that his droidekas be manufactured without individual intelligence matrices. Trade Federation droidekas, like battle droids, were powered and controlled by a central control computer and would shut down in the absence of their guiding signal. Standard droidekas from Colla IV are self-aware and twice as deadly.

What the heck. Let's pop open the Vehicles guide!

Intended for frontal assaults, the AAT's primary weapon is a turret-mounted laser cannon designed for long-range strikes. Secondary laser cannons enable targeting of smaller vehicles. Finally, a pair of short range anti-personnel blasters located near the foot of the tank concentrate on enemy troops.

The vehicle is equipped with six launch tubes that fire standard high-energy shells. Armor piercing antivehicle shells and explosive "bunker busters" designed to level buildings are often standard.

Baktoid went on to produce a number of specialized AAT variants boasting increased mobility or dedicated deflector shields.

Alright, that's what I have for now.

Alright Rayla. Here are the sourcebooks.

(My New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels books is in really poor condition, so no quotes from that book at this time)

What the heck. Let's pop open the Vehicles guide!

Alright, that's what I have for now.

one moment.... did you just assume I have no vehicles.......

AAC-1 hovertank

AAC-2 hovertank

All Terrain Tactical Enforcer

All Terrain Attack Pod

All Terrain Experimental Transport

Energy Pummel (Rebel Alliance)

Heavy Assault Vehicle/wheeled A5 Juggernaut

Heavy Assault Vehicle/wheeled A6 Juggernaut

Heavy Tracker

Mobile Defense Unit

Rebel Armored Freerunner

Rebel attack tank

Rebel combat speeder

T1-B hovertank

T2-B repulsor tank

T3-B heavy attack tank

T4-B heavy tank

TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank

Ultra-Light Assault Vehicle

ArtilleryEdit

MATL PACKEDA MPTL-2a artillery unit firing.

1.4 FD P-Tower laser cannon

Artillery (Rebel Alliance)

Blaster Cannon

DF.9 anti-infantry battery

FPC 6.7 Anti-Aircraft Battery

M102 Fire Arc

MLC-3 Mobile Laser Cannon

MobileMortar-3

Mobile Proton Torpedo Launcher

Mobile Proton Torpedo Launcher-2a

SP.9 anti-infantry artillery vehicle

V-188 Penetrator

Mechanized InfantryEdit

Armed transport

Armored hover train

A-A5 heavy speeder truck

Arrow-23 transport landspeeder

Endor Forest Ranger

HTT-26 heavy troop transport

Infantry Support Platform

PDT-8 Personnel Deployment Transport

Personnel Skiff Model IV

Aerial AssaultEdit

AHS-1 heavy assault airspeeder

GR-75 medium transport

Hover Transport TC9

Light Corvette (air cruiser)

T-47 airspeeder

Tachyon fast-attack airspeeder

No command guns do not work on droids..... but IG-88 does, he is famous for pretty much tacking over an entire planet of droids.

Yes, yes he is. Though, I don't know how effective this will be on my droid armies. They aren't linked with a central control. So how would he go about hacking the entire force?

Also Boarding parties would have to Board the ship, and not get killed, Boarding would be difficult in the midst of battle and once aboard you would have to deal with 1st Regiment - SpecForce SpaceOps Regiment, as well as again any infiltration or espionage teams which were more then happy to take themselves out along with their enemy if need be, and as we have already stated I am more then capable of fighting a war of Attrition.

Not really an issue for Imperial Knights.

I am not sure how you would "Force" a large scale assault...... even during such an assault the rebels would still utilize special ops and Special forces along with assassins and bounty hunters to attack the your commanders while simultaneously fighting the larger war. This is actually their preference and most effective method they generally use doing so is just putting them in their comfort zone.

"Force" the large scale assault as in forcing you into a full-scale war. I have ways of doing this. You'll see.

And wow are we underestimating Leia or What, she still kept her assortment of weapons on her in addition to lightsabers she had her blaster pistol was a trained and noted marksman as well as her martial arts training and even some grenades. 1 battle droid isn't going to cut it...... Also not sure where your getting the droids is the Techno union giving you access to droids that would normally not be part of the regiments you chose.

Mace Windu was unable to take on a single B3 alone.

Edit: Aurbere you are going to need every force you have to take this team. I have a huge numbers advantage, but I did not neglect strategy or stealth for those numbers.

You have numbers, yes, but I have several strategies to nullify your numerical advantage.

Hmm.

There has to be a limit to how much you get from a supplier, we have to wait for Beni before we decide how much that trumps it for you.....

I don't think a limit is necessary. If limits were put in place, that would only decrease the value of a supplier.

Edit: I can see why beni put the 2 of us together in the first heat, I do not actually believe either one of is going to be all that successful at the infiltration aspect going for the leaders...... The more I look at it the more improbable this would be, at least in the early portions of the war. Unless you don't have the droids for some time if it takes time to get droids there is a good possibility that my team could hit hard and cut off supply routes right from the start preventing the droids, but if you start with them this looks to be a very long war with everything going on spies and espionage as well as direct assaults and war of attrition. I am eager to see your arguments Aurbere and am partly glad it was you that was my first opponent.

I'm sure they are not all in place, but luckily, Balmorra sits right next to my worlds. And you would have to fight these units if you attacked Balmorra.

Hmm.

There has to be a limit to how much you get from a supplier, we have to wait for Beni before we decide how much that trumps it for you.....

We may be over estimating that.... as far as I can tell droids take time to build, are not always as tactical as their human counter parts especially the throw away B1's which would make up the bulk of any force since they are cheap and easy to produce, and besides IG-88 hacks droids with ease and he isn't the only one the Rebel Army had a fine team of engineers and hackers honestly many of his best droids will likely be turned. While the cannon fodder are just that cannon fodder even against the "cannon fodder" rebel troops.