Was there a patch today? Please tell me no....

sandyrocks

Maybe you're sensitive...

And the second post was "snark" for a reason...he was "snark".

Yes, they were snarky, but they also had a valid point.

Personally, I have no sympathy for people who complain about something before it happens. (Unless such complaints are constructive and preventative in nature- and yours isn't.)

Have you done your patch yet today? Did you have the same issue? If not, then wait to see if it's an issue.

If so, you should present your facts- x number of the last y patches required you to do z to get the game working. You've recently checked that software/hardware/OS is up to date and not conflicting with the game software. Ect.

Oh, and you put the thread in the Customer Service area where the people who can most help you can see it.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah...I have. I'm lost on what could be the hang-up at this point.

That probably explains your lack of tact and patience with fellow forum-goers. I suggest you take your issue to Customer Service, who may be able to pin-point the issue better than anyone on this forum.

Fact is we have what? Half a million subscribers? That's an estimate. We don't know for sure. But BWEA's own statistics show that something like 1.7 million people have downloaded and run the game. A few dozen, maybe a few hundred, have "the problem." So that's something like .0001%. And it's always the same refrain:

"My computer works perfectly on every other known game in the universe. Only SWTOR gives me the problem, therefore it must be BW's problem. Fix it."

Well, no. It must be your problem because so few people are experiencing it. Nobody seems to know what "the problem" is. Specs between computers look identical or nearly so. I sure can't see any commonality between systems. I'm suspicious of one area, and that's the modem/router/WiFi connection which may be corrupting files. I'm not sure, of course, but that's one place people should look.

Bioware is NOT GOING TO FIX THIS ISSUE BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW.

Is that plain enough for you?

I did, and every result is related to patching issues with 1.2.

There are a few hits for more recent internetz content, but not much.. leading me to believe the problem is extremely situational and largely non-existent now days.

You guys are fraking funny, it's not happening to most or you so it's not a real problem. If it's only a few hundred it MUST NOT be Bioware's issue. And nevermind that the problem has been reported for over a year....Oh NO...could not be an issue on Biowares optimization.....NEVER!

Amazing...

You guys are fraking funny, it's not happening to most or you so it's not a real problem. If it's only a few hundred it MUST NOT be Bioware's issue. And nevermind that the problem has been reported for over a year....Oh NO...could not be an issue on Biowares optimization.....NEVER!

Amazing...

No one said that there wasn't a problem. What we are saying is that the problem is probably on YOUR end and that Bioware has nothing to do with all the crap that's clogging your own PC. Millions of people don't have your problem, so what makes you entitled to accuse Bioware?

Because it's the SAME *&%KING problem that has been around since launch....it's all over google. OMG why can you fans not see this.

It's not all over google. the number of google hits for this in 2013 are very small.

Your steadfast conviction to dig in like a tick on year old data will only result in protracted misery on your part. Be part of your solution rather then part of your problem IMO. ;)

I can prove it's a problem that's been around since launch with links and even youtube videos but I'm trolling.

According to google.. people die.. people are dying every day. Yet they are NOT related deaths in almost all cases.

Prove that the same general "symptom" reported by "Joe Random" on the internet a year ago is in fact the same "problem" (as in cause that can be corrected) as you personally are experiencing.

Heck, you have yet to even present an error log.. so for all we know.. you are making this all up (I'm not suggesting you are, I am simply making a point that you are doing NOTHING to help solve your problem that any of us can see)

I'll wait.

Edited by Andryah

Ahh Andryah, I really admire you. You never give up on trying to put some reason and common sense into this troll-fest of a community.

You really deserve a medal for your patience! :)

I learned patience by sustaining active discussion in gaming forums. :D

Because I'm sure I'll get another error and have to repair 5 times....

Do not misunderstand what I am about to say. The game itself is riddled with bugs, but NEVER have I ever had to run a repair tool or experience a crash. In most cases, crashes are caused by systems which are unstable or unable to handle the request being put forth by the software. If you experience constant crashing and repairs, it is likely your system which is to blame, and not always the patch upload. If it were patch related, it would happen to ALL players, and not just a few.

Edited by Superman_AZ

Well I don't know what to say guys. I'm not able to repair the game and this has been happening every patch for about 8 months.

I have tried everything I can including a new hard drive and clean windows install....nothing is helping.

You can say it's my pc all day long but the fact that people have been reporting this issue since launch and the fact that I have other MMOs and FPSs on my PC that run without a single problem...I just don't think it's on my side.

I will probably unsub at this point as I am not about to instaill the game again. Bummer...

This is my PC...I'm pretty sure it's not on my side considering that all the other MMOs and FPS work with not one problem and I'm running on a brand new Samsung SSD. Not to mention that there are a lot of people with this same issue.

CPU Model: Intel i5-3570K

Video Card: Gigabyte GTX-670

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LE LGA 1155

Ram: Corsair 8GB DDR3

Storage: Crucial M4 SSD

Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1

Power Supply: Corsair GS800

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 922

It happens to you, but hardly anyone else, it seems. Yeah, it's most likely the game.

It's amazing to me that you idiots can say it's just my PC when this problem has been around from launch for some people. Typical that the players not having the issue say you're whining, moaning and trolling if you have an issue that they don't.

Still the fact is that this issue has been around a long time and it might not be as common as it once was but it's still there.

By the way I have tried uninstalling different softwares, drivers, disabling virus scanners / firewalls and a clean install of Windows and new hard drive. I have done everything I can think of.

You've replaced everything, it seems, but one.