Was there a patch today? Please tell me no....

sandyrocks

By the way there are 3 topics on the front page of the support forum right now with similar issues.

Yep...I'm the only one...must be my pc.

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=664749

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=664780

http://www.swtor.com/de/community/showthread.php?t=654142

Yep I'm the only one....

Which frankly is where you should be posting.. in the Customer Support Forum.

1) nobody said you were the only one

2) yep.. in the million players accessing this game.... a few are having problems.. and I would bet money that it's something that can be resolved on your end, either in your PC, or in your network, either hardware, or software, or both.

You constantly attack anyone who does not agree with you + hand you a tissue to cry into. You don't want help.. you want to complain. So.. off to /ignore with you.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's amazing to me that you idiots can say it's just my PC when this problem has been around from launch for some people. Typical that the players not having the issue say you're whining, moaning and trolling if you have an issue that they don't.

Still the fact is that this issue has been around a long time and it might not be as common as it once was but it's still there.

By the way I have tried uninstalling different softwares, drivers, disabling virus scanners / firewalls and a clean install of Windows and new hard drive. I have done everything I can think of.

First of all -- no need to call people idiots because you lack understanding of hardware and software.

Guess what? Some configurations of software + hardware produce errors that are not easily tracked down and fixed -- or simply cannot be fixed by BioWare. Does it suck? Yes!

Do we have a CS forum filled with excellent community members willing to help? Absolutely!

Have you updated your BIOS? Your chipset drivers? Have you looked at any similarities between you and other people who are having this problem?

The last 2 patches (prior to this one) I was constantly blue-screening and, upon restart, getting a "Disk-read error." This issue didn't exist when installing anything else (surprise). Know what fixed it? Updating my BIOS. It isn't something people usually think of -- and not something that *should* cause problems, but it is always possible.

To complain that a company makes a product that only works well on 80% of machines, is to lack understanding of software.

Yes, it sucks. No, it isn't fair. But, it is reality. I've yet to find a piece of software that doesn't have edge cases that create moronic problems and are insanely difficult to fix. Hell, there are some pieces of software that even tell you NOT to use specific combinations because it doesn't work, and there is no workaround.

In the end -- your best bet is to compile as much information about your personal setup (hardware, software), the errors you are receiving, and any alterations that have managed to fix the problem in the short-term (if applicable). Take all that information to the CS forums, and POLITELY ask the community for help. Some of us actually ENJOY troubleshooting for other people -- especially when they realize we are doing it out of the kindness of our hearts, and they don't attack us for asking questions.

Good luck! Hopefully, in the end, a solution can be crafted to assist you.

It's amazing to me that you idiots can say it's just my PC when this problem has been around from launch for some people. Typical that the players not having the issue say you're whining, moaning and trolling if you have an issue that they don't.

Still the fact is that this issue has been around a long time and it might not be as common as it once was but it's still there.

By the way I have tried uninstalling different softwares, drivers, disabling virus scanners / firewalls and a clean install of Windows and new hard drive. I have done everything I can think of.

We're not idiots. You attack anyone who does not agree with you and you are still farming the same old rhetoric....my pc rocks...its configured perfectly with no pr0n and runs all other software perfectly :)

i would suggest that less than 1% of the total player base encounter this problem therefore people are logically pointing out with the tiny numbers of people experiencing this problem it is FAR more likely to be a problem your end.

You are clearly not interested in fault finding at your end or listening to any advice thats not based on BW are sux0Rz and thats why people are less than sympathetic. Like Andryah said...try being part of the solution instead of being part of the problem :)

Driz

1.) I never stated you were the ONLY person.

2.) You ignored the relevant points in my post, giving you sound advice and attempting to explain some of the possible problems to you.

3.) You continue to call people names like a 5-year-old throwing a temper tantrum.

Seriously -- if you HAD any understanding of technology, maybe you wouldn't sound like such a jerk.

There are MILLIONS of possible setups that can run this game, and even more when taking software into consideration. If 1% of those configurations did not work, it would be considered a MAJOR success. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE to program something to work on every single setup unless you use a virtualized machine to handle everything -- which would make the game even more of a resource hog, and require top-end computers to run.

Take a look at the forums of EVERY other computer game out there. They ALL have people who got unlucky and are in your position. It is an inevitability that at least one person will have software problems. That is the nature of software, especially with our current fragmented "infrastructure."

Once again. Instead of complaining about something that very well could be out of BWs control -- maybe you should take the polite advice given in my first post.

Gather data on the issues you are having.

Gather data on the rig you are currently using.

Gather data on any similarities between your issues/rig and other people.

Post ALL of this information in the CS forums here, or any other forum that may be applicable.

Hope that you are polite enough in your post to warrant responses.

Hopefully, fix the problem with the help of other people.

Believe it or not, it isn't BWs job to handle every single problem that occurs. And, when I call something an edge-case, it means it is not affecting the majority of consumers. It doesn't mean it is only affecting one person.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

1.) I never stated you were the ONLY person.

2.) You ignored the relevant points in my post, giving you sound advice and attempting to explain some of the possible problems to you.

3.) You continue to call people names like a 5-year-old throwing a temper tantrum.

Seriously -- if you HAD any understanding of technology, maybe you wouldn't sound like such a jerk.

BLAH, BLAH......

Listen man, I have been a PC gamer a long time (and have been building my own PCs for as long as I can remember) and I'm very aware that programing for a massive number of different pc configurations is a huge undertaking. That said, this particular issue is not new and not limited to just a few people.

There are three reasons I'm irritated to the point that I'm rude.

One, all the people who instantly say "I have not had an issue so it's your computer". This is so ignorant and drives me mad because truth be told it's been an ongoing problem for some people and it's been around since launch for some people.

Two, this problem has been ignored for the most part due to a somewhat small number of people being effected. Even though there are several people on the support board right with this issue it's largely ignored. If this were a issue where one person was having the problem then yeah...it's isolated problem. That's not the case, it's an ongoing issue for TOR for a fairly small number of people that has continued for a long time. Instead of trying to fix it they just try to find work arounds...that ticks me off.

Three, I have done a lot of crap to fix it. Like I said I tried uninstalling software, drivers, new windows install, new hard drive ext. Nothing has worked and at this point I'm a bit aggravated and it's even more aggravating when people who don't have the issue say "it's just your PC" when it clearly is not considering it's been around from launch and there are post about it on the support boards right now.

So I'm not saying everyone is an idiot...but I am saying that some of the people that posted in this topic are.

Edited by sandyrocks

lol...ok.

Well I guess Bioware has noting to do with optimization.

I'm an idiot...ok. It has nothing at all to do with the game...got it. Tell you what I bet this would not be an issue if the patch could be put in the cartel market...that's for damn sure.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

There are actually games out there which are surprisingly bug-free. Try the offline Drakensang, for example. ;)

And if you have a Radeon card built in - turn anti-aliasing off for it. Fixed a bug in Drakensang 2 for me this way.

Apart from that - I'm re-working my own PC every now and then as well. One game refused to start because of an very rarely found = uncommon DVD drive. It just didn't.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Do not misunderstand what I am about to say. The game itself is riddled with bugs, but NEVER have I ever had to run a repair tool or experience a crash. In most cases, crashes are caused by systems which are unstable or unable to handle the request being put forth by the software. If you experience constant crashing and repairs, it is likely your system which is to blame, and not always the patch upload. If it were patch related, it would happen to ALL players, and not just a few.

Actually that is not ture, in a sense. I have seen many games give updates which actually conflicted with certain graphic cards or certain graphic card drivers. Therefore it wouldn't effect EVERYONE but those who had those cards. On the flip side though, that would be a BW problem (for this example) and I am sure would fix it quickly like the other companies have done in the past.

With that said, I hate to say it but for now it looks like it may be on your end and those with those same issues. I understand your frustration trust me. Our of curiosity and you may have said this already but you seem to at least get the updates/patches because you are still playing. What do you do to fix that?

Just wanted to add this post which is a reply to my post in the CS forum TODAY.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6586473#post6586473

"It will never get fixed, I've been dealing with it every patch since launch and no one in the customer service department knows how to fix it or get around it. I've sent in more tickets on this single issue than any other game combined yet it still exists and they don't care anymore, they just close my tickets now without a reply.

All you're going to get for your time is the cookie cutter response,

1. Delete:

- "Patch" folder

- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders

- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")

- "Patcher.version" file

- "Launcher.settings" file

- "Launcher.exe" file

2. Run FixLauncher.exe

3. Reboot in Safe Mode with networking

4. Run the swtor installation file again.

If the CS guy is rather savvy he might also remember to tell you to turn off your anti-virus, make sure swtor is in your firewall allow list, cycle your router, make sure it's the right phase of the moon, etc...

When you watch the launcher repair tool corrupt itself and then have to repair the repair feature, you know they screwed up. The reality of the situation is that no game, since the dawn of the internet, has ever required a person to install/patch in safe mode and trying to do this with swtor has no effect on being able to install/patch or not. They have no clue what the issue is, so either deal with it or unsub. "

Edited by sandyrocks

Just wanted to add this post which is a reply to my post in the CS forum TODAY.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6586473#post6586473

"It will never get fixed, I've been dealing with it every patch since launch and no one in the customer service department knows how to fix it or get around it. I've sent in more tickets on this single issue than any other game combined yet it still exists and they don't care anymore, they just close my tickets now without a reply.

All you're going to get for your time is the cookie cutter response,

1. Delete:

- "Patch" folder

- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders

- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")

- "Patcher.version" file

- "Launcher.settings" file

- "Launcher.exe" file

2. Run FixLauncher.exe

3. Reboot in Safe Mode with networking

4. Run the swtor installation file again.

If the CS guy is rather savvy he might also remember to tell you to turn off your anti-virus, make sure swtor is in your firewall allow list, cycle your router, make sure it's the right phase of the moon, etc...

When you watch the launcher repair tool corrupt itself and then have to repair the repair feature, you know they screwed up. The reality of the situation is that no game, since the dawn of the internet, has ever required a person to install/patch in safe mode and trying to do this with swtor has no effect on being able to install/patch or not. They have no clue what the issue is, so either deal with it or unsub. "

Ummmm so? That reply was from a random person. They aren't a BW employee. Notice the post above you replied in where they asked you for some pc info? Maybe do that and do what they ask vs. taking what that random person said.

Ummmm so? That reply was from a random person. They aren't a BW employee. Notice the post above you replied in where they asked you for some pc info? Maybe do that and do what they ask vs. taking what that random person said.

The point was that it's not new....and it's not just me.

Optimization has NOTHING to do with a patch causing a large number of issues for you.

You clearly are the idiot. You haven't understood a single damn word I've said.

FOR THE THIRD AND FINAL TIME:

Not once did I say it isn't BWs fault. Not once did I say it has nothing to do with the game. In fact -- I said the EXACT opposite! But the GAME ALONE isn't to blame -- it is the way the game AND your computer are interacting.

YOUR computer AND the game, together, are the problem. If you cannot understand that, there is absolutely no hope for you, and I'm very sorry I even tried to help -- because you don't deserve the help.

I understand....isn't that part of optimization? Making the game work with the different hardwares / softwares?

The point was that it's not new....and it's not just me.

I'm not disagreeing with you on that, but it is also quite possible people could be having different pc issues causing the same thing you are experiencing. Just paste your specs like the mod asked and go from there.

You have to also understand a couple hundred people out of at least 500k is very small and the odds for so few to have this issue could likely be on the persons end and not BW. Just work with an actual CS rep like you seem to be doing now and go from there.

No it's you plus a tiny, tiny fraction of the playerbase.....clearly it's all BWs fault

But you do know that there do exist nearly bug-free games out there ?

Although they are a tiny, tiny fraction of the PC games market ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

But you do know that there do exist nearly bug-free games out there ?

Although they are a tiny, tiny fraction of the PC games market ...

Yes...this would be a great example of just such a game.

For a MMORPG this game has very few bugs in my experience...

Are there somewhere annoying bugs? Of course...but compared to my personal experience SWTOR is pretty robust and a hell of a lot less bug ridden than many single player games :)

Driz

And still won't replace that one, final thing which is the likely culprit.

OMG...please fill me in and take the suspense away.

But really if you think you know what it might be I'll look into it. Then if it works I'll post it in the CS forum and help out the other having the issue.

By the way I posted the error in CS boards...waiting on a reply.

And isn't that the appropriate action, rather than just generally complaining in general in General, generally?

It depends on if they answer with a solution.

Are you going to keep the suspense building up or tell me what the likely problem is?