Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Double exp weekend

Greenify

I loved double xp weekends, because planetary and side quests are such a drag after you done them the first time. Sure you can do flashpoints and pvp but it gives little xp after the daily & weekly.

Double xp & all the legacy boosts & xp booster & guild buff = full enjoyment of class story :D

I always forgot what the story was about when I got burned out from an alt and quit playing them for weeks. Doing a whole chapter on a weekend feels a lot more immersive than breaking the story down in many playtime sessions over many weeks.

I want a multi-tiered legacy perk that requires a reasonable legacy level + a bunch of credits that, when the top tier is purchased, gives a +100% bonus to all experience, all the time, just the way double exp weekend works.

If I had this, I would purchase more character slots more quickly. Are you reading this, BWEA? I just told you how to shake more cash out of my wallet. :eek:

Edited by DarthTHC

I want a multi-tiered legacy perk that requires a reasonable legacy level + a bunch of credits that, when the top tier is purchased, gives a +100% bonus to all experience, all the time, just the way double exp weekend works.

If I had this, I would purchase more character slots more quickly. Are you reading this, BWEA? I just told you how to shake more cash out of my wallet. :eek:

On the flip-side - if something like this happens there is a good chance I'd see the change as even more "pandering to the lowest common denominator" and close my account.

Are you reading this BWEA? I'm telling you a way to get less cash out of my wallet.

well, downside is, you get people going 50HM, 55HM in leveling greens. l55 pvp with lowbie mentality (why guard a turret when I can wonder off, we can take it back, it's MY fun that counts, why call incs before I die, maybe I can kill those 2 by my self, and I'm sure they don't have any stealth with them since I don't see them).

well, downside is, you get people going 50HM, 55HM in leveling greens. l55 pvp with lowbie mentality (why guard a turret when I can wonder off, we can take it back, it's MY fun that counts, why call incs before I die, maybe I can kill those 2 by my self, and I'm sure they don't have any stealth with them since I don't see them).

so true on that part :p

On the flip-side - if something like this happens there is a good chance I'd see the change as even more "pandering to the lowest common denominator" and close my account.

Are you reading this BWEA? I'm telling you a way to get less cash out of my wallet.

If it's completely optional, why do YOU have a problem with it? You can choose not to participate.

Plus if you notice, my suggestion had a reasonable legacy requirement. To get to that point, any player would have almost certainly leveled through all the repeatable content more than once.

Bah, I feel like the people who are going to burn through a class in a weekend are experienced players.

The majority of the game is played by casuals. Casuals like the CM and the double XP weekends. BWEA knows that. The lag was HORRIFIC that first Friday night during double XP. There were 5 full instances on Harbinger. They know double XP is a success.

Feel free to vote with your wallet. Some casual who plays 8 hours a week, has a sub, and still spends $200 a month will make up for the lost revenue from your account. :D

For the record. I am in favor of a TRIPLE XP WEEKEND.

Edited by Superman_AZ

The majority of the game is played by casuals. Casuals like the CM and the double XP weekends. BWEA knows that. The lag was HORRIFIC that first Friday night during double XP. There were 5 full instances on Harbinger. They know double XP is a success.

Feel free to vote with your wallet. Some casual who plays 8 hours a week, has a sub, and still spends $200 a month will make up for the lost revenue from your account. :D

And for some reason you assume I'm the only one who thinks double XP weeks are a ridiculous idea?

I would indeed vote. Who is to say I'm not spending £££££'s on the game on top of subbing? Who is to say that every other player who thinks of them as crazy isn't also spending serious coin on this game?

BW keep on pandering to the minority complainers and moaners and "want it nows" and simply put if they keep on doing so I'll be one of the first out of the door, and I know I'm not the only one who feel that way.

And for some reason you assume I'm the only one who thinks double XP weeks are a ridiculous idea?

I would indeed vote. Who is to say I'm not spending £££££'s on the game on top of subbing? Who is to say that every other player who thinks of them as crazy isn't also spending serious coin on this game?

BW keep on pandering to the minority complainers and moaners and "want it nows" and simply put if they keep on doing so I'll be one of the first out of the door, and I know I'm not the only one who feel that way.

For me, extra experience isn't about "wanting it now". I already have one of each class at 50+. It's about wanting to see something different without also being forced to see so much of the same old, same old.

Maybe I want to play back through a class story except go dark/light side - whichever I didn't do before. Maybe it's been while since I saw one of the class stories and I'd like to see it again. But I sure as heck don't need to see all the planetary and side quests for the 5th or more time per side. That's just brutally painful.

And if you put a reasonable legacy requirement onto it, as in my suggestion to make it a legacy perk, you're not going to get the newbies who out-level their ability to learn their class/role and to equip themselves.

Seems like a win all the way around, doesn't it?

Well, as I said before. We "want it nows" are more than just a vocal minority. We are the majority. We are the reason the CM gets cool toys, why Double XP is so successful, and why new ideas end up in the right place at the right time. Like the gear and mounts in the CM, or all of the cosmetic pets, or the color dyes and light saber crystals.

"Real" gamers care about content and progression. They couldn't care less about cosmetic items. Double XP was wildly successful, so they brought it back. It was wildly successful again. They will bring it back again. It is because of casuals, there are CM and complimentary 25% XP buffs in game, and 30% xp increases through Legacy Unlocks with CCs.

If the "Real" gamers plan to close their account, unsub, or walk away, most of us (myself included) casuals wish they would just do it already. The game would be a lot more fun to play without hardcores and elitists jamming up Fleet.

See ya! Lol

I love dbl xp weekends! Because of them, it only took me 6mo to get my 1st toon to 50! And I've now got 2 in their mid 20's & a 34! See I have a family & work 50+hrs a week. I don't have a lot of time to play. And I don't PvP & could care less about HM's. But I love the stories & if dbl xp was every weekend, I'd run thru all the story classes ls, then ds, then ls again, then with female toons, etc. & I'd never bother y'all elitist cause I'd be having waaaaaaaay to much fun playing solo!

Ijs

See ya! Lol

I love dbl xp weekends! Because of them, it only took me 6mo to get my 1st toon to 50! And I've now got 2 in their mid 20's & a 34! See I have a family & work 50+hrs a week. I don't have a lot of time to play. And I don't PvP & could care less about HM's. But I love the stories & if dbl xp was every weekend, I'd run thru all the story classes ls, then ds, then ls again, then with female toons, etc. & I'd never bother y'all elitist cause I'd be having waaaaaaaay to much fun playing solo!

Ijs

This is the best thing I have read all day. I happen to completely agree. Sounds like we have very similar lives. :D

wow we agree for once, I don't like it.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Also, this would be a nice reason to raise the legacy cap to 55 and put this unlock all the way at the top.

Log off in a Cantina or your ship. Problem solved. You can have 2XP any day you want.

Bah, but then i have to kill every group I see, whereas with the double exp, as long as I get a cheeky side quest in now and then I can keep in level with the content. It's much more fun, I would never had made it through bounty hunter without double exp.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.