Its kind of crazy how terrible Sentiels and Marauders are at PVE

Mikeaj

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Annihilation marauders are among the best DPS builds in PVE. The AI isn't smart enough to move out of the way, so it just ends up eating all of those bleeding effects over and over again. PVP is where marauders and sentinels suffer because players no how to disable and escape.

If you were using Kira that is your problem because Kira is useless for Sentinels. Even the ship droid is better than Kira. Kira eats Bantha poop for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and was a full time nerf-herder before she met you. At least if you are a Sentinel. Pure DPS on Pure DPS is like putting wasabi in Sriracha. It gets stronger but is useless because they don't go together at all. T7 is good until you get Doc, who is the only companion you'll ever need really. If you are doing all this already then I have no idea what you are doing wrong.

I usually doesn't play with doctor companions, and i can assure that Kira is a very good companion for a DPS. If you don't use any tactics (or use the wrong ones) then you are dead. Another kind of fun, but saying that Kira is useless is a wrong idea.

Might as well start from the top. I play a guardian tank and sage healer. Looking to level my commando healer and vanguard tank.

Guardians are a tad clunky due to rage mechanics and not that amazing at aoe threat, though they have improved greatly with the expansion. Lately I haven't been using any CC during pulls, mostly because the dps don't know what CC is and because if they do apply a CC they break it two seconds after it is applied.

This has been my experience, too. I could see Vanguards having a much easier time with tanking, but Guardians really have to work. Healing on my Sage is *yawn*.

I usually doesn't play with doctor companions, and i can assure that Kira is a very good companion for a DPS. If you don't use any tactics (or use the wrong ones) then you are dead. Another kind of fun, but saying that Kira is useless is a wrong idea.

My jk was my first proper character.. and honestly i was really thrown when i got doc.. see i enjoyed kira in my story ("because titz lol") but as soon as i got doc, i had to make heavy decision on whether i wanted the rp bonus with kira or the infinitely more fun gameplay with doc. In the end i couldn't play with kira anymore as having a healer companion made the play so much more fun.

I'm having fun with kira at end game soloing fp's and running dailies.. but it was pretty unfortunate to have her leave my main story. And im a guardian even.

If you were using Kira that is your problem because Kira is useless for Sentinels. Even the ship droid is better than Kira. Kira eats Bantha poop for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and was a full time nerf-herder before she met you. At least if you are a Sentinel. Pure DPS on Pure DPS is like putting wasabi in Sriracha. It gets stronger but is useless because they don't go together at all. T7 is good until you get Doc, who is the only companion you'll ever need really. If you are doing all this already then I have no idea what you are doing wrong.

Actually double DPS is the most efficient way to level if you are an advanced player.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.