Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Would THIS quell the complaints?

Denyantras

There still seems to be a huge number of players who refuse to understand that and mmo is a 'massively multiplayer' game. It's not just multiplayer, it's MASSIVELY multiplayer. They all encourage group play, hell this game even gives bonuses to XP, social points, and more just for being in a group. Still, people refuse to group with others, especially for warzones. Here's my little rant on that.

-If you claim to solo queue because you're a casual player, then your win/loss ratio shouldn't mean a hill of beans to you.

-I promise, losing while in a premade is a lot easier to handle than losing solo, because in a premade you know for certain that those in your group tried their hardest, but were outplayed. It was an honest loss, so props to the other team.

-if you don't want to group and feel you deserve to be able to have fun by only solo queuing, try this then. One night go downtown by yourself, see how long you last. One night go with a group of friends, see how much longer you last and how much more fun you have.

I know this will fall on deaf ears, but what about this? For those who still insist on solo play, what if BioWare added an in-game voice chat function, that way the PUG groups in warzones can still use voice communication. See their biggest reason for saying premades own pugs is voice communication. While this may be true, an in game voice chat option will remove that excuse from the table. Pugs get voice communication, premades have their voice communication, now it's all about who has the ability to work together and get sh*t done.

I think it's a decent idea in a world of unlimited resources, but I'd personally rather have Bioware deal with more important issues than developing an ingame VOIP.

I predict that not a lot of casual players would use the VOIP anyway. Most of the people who utilise it would be the type of people who run premades and are in mumble/TS already.

Casuals will be casuals no matter how many helpful tools you throw at them, which is fine; people play the game differently.

Edited by Morde_

Entitled little kids is the problem. This is what happens when they don't keep score and everyone gets a trophy. Guess what, everyone is not a winner. And no one owes you ****. If you want to win earn it. Edited by Boch

I think it's a decent idea in a world of unlimited resources, but I'd personally rather have Bioware deal with more important issues than developing an ingame VOIP.

I predict that not a lot of casual players would use the VOIP anyway. Most of the people who utilise it would be the type of people who run premades and are in mumble/TS already.

Casuals will be casuals no matter how many helpful tools you throw at them, which is fine; people play the game differently.

I agree with that, and that's my biggest point. But if the option is available and they still refuse to use it, then they can no longer blame a lack of voice communication on their loss. It's simply a refusal to work with others in a coordinated effort to win a warzone.

-I promise, losing while in a premade is a lot easier to handle than losing solo, because in a premade you know for certain that those in your group tried their hardest, but were outplayed. It was an honest loss, so props to the other team.

I don't ***** about pre-mades, but i will point something out here. This is what solo-queuers look for. I don't think they're all just ************ because they lose more, they're ************ because they find themselves in games where there teammates are so outmatched they're not even trying. Personally when I end up in a game that's really close, win or lose, I have a blast. Both teams are trying hard and it's fun, you don't ***** when you lose you say congrats to a game well played. It's not pre-mades that are annoying, it's when a bunch of premades end up melting face on one team and the other team is made up of almost all bads, or only 6 players, etc. BW should try to create a matchmaking system that puts 8 reasonably similarly skilled players against each other.

@Denyantras

There still seems to be a huge number of players who refuse to understand that and mmo is a 'massively multiplayer' game. It's not just multiplayer, it's MASSIVELY multiplayer. They all encourage group play, hell this game even gives bonuses to XP, social points, and more just for being in a group. Still, people refuse to group with others, especially for warzones. Here's my little rant on that.

Please find me the definition on how having a multiplayer game with more players means you need to have premades vs pugs.

Now only that nobody wants group to be removed from the game.. Just put premade vs premade...

-If you claim to solo queue because you're a casual player, then your win/loss ratio shouldn't mean a hill of beans to you.

Translation. If you que solo you should be nothing more then farming material for the premades, get stomped on in 70% + of games to the point you quit the game or stop PVP'ing.

Don't know about the rest but that is not why I que.

This is not only about losing. Its about not having ANY fun.

-if you don't want to group and feel you deserve to be able to have fun by only solo queuing, try this then. One night go downtown by yourself, see how long you last. One night go with a group of friends, see how much longer you last and how much more fun you have.

Facedesk...Comparing a game I pay to have fun in with ... I don't even know what... Going downtown to what? I have no idea where you live but it must be a HORIBLE place to be... I can go downtown and get back home just fine...

I know this will fall on deaf ears

Assuming you would post something that makes sense I would assume not... Thing is if you post nonsense I don't think anybody can take you seriously...

but what about this? For those who still insist on solo play, what if BioWare added an in-game voice chat function, that way the PUG groups in warzones can still use voice communication. See their biggest reason for saying premades own pugs is voice communication. While this may be true, an in game voice chat option will remove that excuse from the table. Pugs get voice communication, premades have their voice communication, now it's all about who has the ability to work together and get sh*t done.

That would be a start... Then make sure I can:

1-Pick in my team at least 3 other people who are going to listen to commands.

2-Pick in my team at least 3 other people with top of the line gear.

3-Choose what classes I can bring for those 3 other player.

4-Pick at least 3 other people who have great skill in this game.

Now let me tell you what they need to do as what you posted is garbage. If its a puzzle to you why they don't pick random people from the street and put them in a football game with Barcelona and call it a fair game then you must have some problems in logic.

They need to make sure both sides have a premade of equal numbers. That is the most simple fix to this.

You could also make a que for premade or pugs but that would increase que times... Not good... Just go with the first option.

Edited by Xanas

@Denyantras

Please find me the definition on how having a multiplayer game with more players means you need to have premades vs pugs.

Now only that nobody wants group to be removed from the game.. Just put premade vs premade...

Translation. If you que solo you should be nothing more then farming material for the premades, get stomped on in 70% + of games to the point you quit the game or stop PVP'ing.

Don't know about the rest but that is not why I que.

This is not only about losing. Its about not having ANY fun.

Facedesk...Comparing a game I pay to have fun in with ... I don't even know what... Going downtown to what? I have no idea where you live but it must be a HORIBLE place to be... I can go downtown and get back home just fine...

Assuming you would post something that makes sense I would assume not... Thing is if you post nonsense I don't think anybody can take you seriously...

That would be a start... Then make sure I can:

Now let me tell you what they need to do as what you posted is garbage. If its a puzzle to you why they don't pick random people from the street and put them in a football game with Barcelona and call it a fair game then you must have some problems in logic.

They need to make sure both sides have a premade of equal numbers. That is the most simple fix to this.

You could also make a que for premade or pugs but that would increase que times... Not good... Just go with the first option.

Now now, just because you disagree with something, does not mean its garbage. But to sum up everything you just said, here's my counter to that. Gamers have a right to choose exactly what game(s) they want to play, whether it be console, PC, fps, tps, rts, mmorpg, rpg, etc. by choosing to play an mmo, you volunteer to play in a game where a large population will in fact group up, find a guild, play with each other (get your head out of the gutter you nasty hooligan). So why people are still shocked about premades is still inconceivable. If the fact that players enjoy grouping and working together and outplaying their enemies makes players want to quit, they have every right to. But when a player chooses an mmo, he chooses to run that risk.

I know this will fall on deaf ears, but what about this? For those who still insist on solo play, what if BioWare added an in-game voice chat function, that way the PUG groups in warzones can still use voice communication. See their biggest reason for saying premades own pugs is voice communication. While this may be true, an in game voice chat option will remove that excuse from the table. Pugs get voice communication, premades have their voice communication, now it's all about who has the ability to work together and get sh*t done.

I admire the initiative but I would loathe to be in any sort of public voice chat with most of the creatures that live on the internet. If you think fleet general is bad wait until people can actually yell at you.

I admire the initiative but I would loathe to be in any sort of public voice chat with most of the creatures that live on the internet. If you think fleet general is bad wait until people can actually yell at you.

so they include a toggle button...

WoW had that and the only ones that used it where the people I queued with to Scolds point. I don't think it makes a difference the issue is that plus group comp. In HB if I queue with a Jug, Op Healer and a DPS, I stealth to the end zone and setup to fire pull fools we pretty much have a win unless the other teams comp can match us. It's a multi part problem with no real resolution that is easy. Not all pugs are bad players but even the best can't lead a pug to count a good comp regardless of skill and teamwork. This debate will rage on but as long as there is no penalty for bailing on a march that's the solution really.

Entitled little kids is the problem. This is what happens when they don't keep score and everyone gets a trophy. Guess what, everyone is not a winner. And no one owes you ****. If you want to win earn it.

I am not entirely sure, are you talking about puggers or premade players? Yes, yes, I can see your idiotic signature, it suits you well. Your lack of self-awareness is laughable. Que solo and see if you are a weinner.

Edited by Aelaias

so they include a toggle button...

Cool, so you don't hear calls or people can't hear you.

It would be nice but it will once again be one of those things we can't have because the internet turns people in to a**holes. It would be a great feature to have for pug groups but I'm afraid there would just be too many people abusing it to make it something I would want to use.

As said above, the players utilizing this system would most likely be the kind of players who already form premades anyhow. And to be fair, I'd rather not be on voice chat with random peeps - I mean, you sometimes get people having fits of e-rage in a WZ, and having to listen to nerd-rage on voice chat...yea no.

This isn't an issue in premades, since you can ultimately regulate who you want to form it with, and if a player is toxic then you simply do not invite them into your group, but as far as PUGs are concerned...I imagine it would be something like General chat: on some planets you just turn it off anyway.

Apart from that there are more crucial issues, and this would actually require quite a bit of BioWare attention. It's not just a "let's wave a magic wand and voilá, voice chat" issue. Which, considering this is something players can sort by themselves by downloading TeamSpeak, Vent or Mumble is unnecessary.

I am not entirely sure, are you talking about puggers or premade players? Yes, yes, I can see your idiotic signature, it suits you well. Your lack of self-awareness is laughable. Que solo and see if you are weinner.

Its not really targeted at either. Its for people who blame there lack of skill on something other than there skill, and want something for nothing. As for the sig it was for some bad troll on one of my servers. BTW I haven't been in a premade in about 6 weeks and I do just fine. But I don't come to the forums and throw a fit because the other team was just better. And way to jump to conclusions.

Are you mad because I dissed your participation trophy?

Edited by Boch

Last night we ended up in a team with 2 premades vs 8 solo queuers. The outcome of the match was never in question and nobody on either side had any fun. Why couldn't our premade plus 4 of the randoms face the other premade plus the other 4 randoms? Would have made for a much more entertaining match. Facerolls aren't fun no matter what side of it you're on. The game should at least attempt some matchmaking when the pieces are there, which would improve play for both premades and solo queuers. The only ones that should feel threatened by that are people that group to farm easy wins.

Then make sure I can:

This is uber BS. where talking about a max of 4 ppl premade for regs not ranked.

1) Lies if ur a good player u already know what to do and how to react all u got to do is inform of your actions such as "I`m going ahead and will pull you", "he called for snow I`m on my way, or well since ur going i`ll stay behind to secure mid" ,"focus star(healer marked)", etc oh and also these "commands" every noob argue about will not FEEL like commands once u get past the L2P issue, ofc i`m not gonna make the sniper walk the ball because he was "commanded", or ofc i`m not gonna send the tank and healer away from the main fight because snow called;

2)Bolster was implemented for ppl like u....................BW argued that "some player" we`re not smart enough to equip pvp gear aka Recruit so they brought up bolster to the table so u can jump straight in the fire

3)no1 gives 1 F**k what class u bring in a regular, if u actually know such ppl i`d tell them Goodbye immediatly

4)I never did mind taking 1 or 2 lesser skilled in our 4mans, My only rule is:- do not be tunnel vision see what`s going on around u

Edited by iDraxter

I don't ***** about pre-mades, but i will point something out here. This is what solo-queuers look for. I don't think they're all just ************ because they lose more, they're ************ because they find themselves in games where there teammates are so outmatched they're not even trying. Personally when I end up in a game that's really close, win or lose, I have a blast. Both teams are trying hard and it's fun, you don't ***** when you lose you say congrats to a game well played. It's not pre-mades that are annoying, it's when a bunch of premades end up melting face on one team and the other team is made up of almost all bads, or only 6 players, etc. BW should try to create a matchmaking system that puts 8 reasonably similarly skilled players against each other.

This is were I think valor can come into play in some form of match making system.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.