Dos and Don'ts in PvP

Denyantras

This is copy/paste of something I posted on the forum for another game a while back, but edited a bit to fit this game's PvP.

Star Wars PvPers, this is my guide on how to be successful in PUG PvP. There are a few simple steps to follow and to keep in mind, but if you follow them, then you will see results and it will make PUG PvP a lot more worth while until you can find a guild or a group to run premades with.

DOs

---------

Communication: This is critical. If you lack communication, you'll have no coordination. If you lack coordination you'll never take or defend any objective successfully. Call out incs, even if you're fighting. Better to lose a few seconds in combat and receive backup than to never call out an inc and lose the objective, resulting in the chat box used by your team mates to spew out profanities, often times about your mother and how she fell out of the ugly tree, hit every branch on the way down, and was found gnawing on the roots.

Positioning: This one applies to NC, VS, and ACW. There are eight players on each team, use that even number to your advantage. Leave three players at each of the two objectives to be defended (turret, artillery emplacement, door, etc.). With three at each of your two that leaves two to roam and respond to inc calls. This way, you've got three ALWAYS defending each node, and five at the one being attacked, providing for much better defense results.

DON'Ts

---------------

Stand on node to defend: This sets yourself up for ninja cap if you're alone. If you follow the above positioning guide then this doesn't apply, but if you find yourself guarding by yourself, listen up. If you're standing on the node, a stealth class will sap you and immediately start taking the objective, forcing you to break your CC and set him/her up to CC you again, at which point there's nothing more you can do. Stand a good distance away from the node so that if you DO get sapped, there's no way the stealth class can make it to the node in time to cap it before your CC wears off.

Play selfishly: Your team mates want to win as much as you do, so help them out. Work together in a coordinated effort to complete the objective and outplay the enemy team. If you play selfishly, and only go for highest dps or highest healing, or most objective points, you end up disregarding the objective of the warzone and will most likely lose. The other team can boast all they want about how many more kills they have than you do, but all you'll have to do is flash that big green "Victory" at them and let them boast all they want.

Do these things, and I promise you, you'll see a huge improvement in PUGs, and in PvP in general. Thank you for your time, I hope this has been helpful to you.

if people cant follow certain things "inc(random number)" or "focus marked" what makes you think they'd be able to read through all of this? :eek:

To weed out and consolidate those who are willing to learn and improve, and those who will always be bad.

stand on node to defend is precisely what a pt/vg should do. shoulder cannon has a 10m range and can be fired while stunned. the only way you could lose the node is to be killed or sapped more than 10m away from where the stealthy stands when he caps your arse.

..... There are eight players on each team, use that even number to your advantage. Leave three players at each of the two objectives to be defended (turret, artillery emplacement, door, etc.). With three at each of your two that leaves two to roam and respond to inc calls. This way, you've got three ALWAYS defending each node, and five at the one being attacked, providing for much better defense results. .....

not sure about that one. it will result in five people getting beaten down by eight attackers while three are doing nothing.

this should be more dynamic depending on the situation at hand.

not sure about that one. it will result in five people getting beaten down by eight attackers while three are doing nothing.

this should be more dynamic depending on the situation at hand.

Yeah 3 is definitely too many. Two is what we always aim for on our server. "Two at each door at all times, call early" gets said at the start of every game and it works very well.

I prefer to have a mininum of two on a objective being guarded. Unfortunately we are lucky if we can get one person to guard the location. Most of the matchs I have lost is because the one person get's sapped or doesn't knowtice or call he's in trouble until its to late. I have seen at times when having two defenders one is itching to go fight instead of guard and when the other calls for help they just stand there not paying attention. To me it seems like people just prefer to be fighting instead of objectives but for me it just makes my blood boil because I prefer to be situationally aware of whats happening all the time then worry about my numbers. Edited by Zohkar