Pot5 RWZ results!

lordkhouri

not streaming atm, i figured any guild that beat us last night would post their victory screenshots. I forgot to screenshot one of our wins against hex, but we also lost 3 times against pkers, all in ancient hypergates :\.

too many hypergates

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

legend b team right thur bruh

If you read up we are counting guild tags. B team excuse can kick rocks. If you dont want them representing your guild. Make an alt guild like Hostile Takeover is doing or kick them from your guild. These arent social guilds, these are PVP GUILDS. We are assessing the best PVP GUILD on the server, not the best 8 man team. This means all players wearing your tag in ranked matches.

Edited by EmblemElite

If you read up we are counting guild tags. B team excuse can kick rocks. If you dont want them representing your guild. Make an alt guild like Hostile Takeover is doing or kick them from your guild. These arent social guilds, these are PVP GUILDS. We are accessing the best PVP GUILD on the server, not the best 8 man team. This means all players wearing your tag in ranked matches.

I support this 100%

If you read up we are counting guild tags. B team excuse can kick rocks. If you dont want them representing your guild. Make an alt guild like Hostile Takeover is doing or kick them from your guild. These arent social guilds, these are PVP GUILDS. We are accessing the best PVP GUILD on the server, not the best 8 man team. This means all players wearing your tag in ranked matches.

+1

/5char

If you read up we are counting guild tags. B team excuse can kick rocks. If you dont want them representing your guild. Make an alt guild like Hostile Takeover is doing or kick them from your guild. These arent social guilds, these are PVP GUILDS. We are assessing the best PVP GUILD on the server, not the best 8 man team. This means all players wearing your tag in ranked matches.

This is why we wont be following the doc.

Don't tell us how/what to run our guild as.

Edited by Jakev-

This is why we wont be following the doc.

Don't tell us how/what to run our guild.

This is actually a reasonable post.

Not everyone wants to be in a guild with 8-10 people that make up a core ranked team. Not to mention, guilds like <I Am Legend> that have plenty of players to always queue and often have 2 teams queuing help keep your ranked queues popping. If you take the stance that a team is represented by anyone playing with their guild tag, then keep in mind your list won't tell you who the best team is. It may tell you who the best guild is, but more likely it will only tell you which guilds always run the same people.

I'm still waiting to see <Hostile Takeover Academy> running around pub fleet.

I'm still waiting to see <Hostile Takeover Academy> running around pub fleet.

I think it's just two different philosophies on how a guild should be run.

If you don't trust your guildmates to perform, why are they there in the first place? These are competitive ranked pvp guilds, not social leveling guilds.

If you look at baseball (relievers, closers, etc) or international football (squad players, 2nd half subs) the same players aren't taking every minute. The other guys get to contribute too, unless they're not good enough and will be traded away or released.

If you don't trust your guildmates to perform, why are they there in the first place? These are competitive ranked pvp guilds, not social leveling guilds.

If you look at baseball (relievers, closers, etc) or international football (squad players, 2nd half subs) the same players aren't taking every minute. The other guys get to contribute too, unless they're not good enough and will be traded away or released.

how about we have casual post their full roster. a few people in that guild are invited because they are friends, not because they will ever see rated action (to the best of my memory). like brobi said a while ago, guilds shouldnt have to treat this game like a job and make sure everything is perfect before qing, its for fun. people who win against alt comps and treat it like a straight up win are obviously not top of the line and are fishing for wins, otherwise you would know which games were taken seriously and which were just for *****s and giggles. you can compare all you want, but this is a game played for fun, and unlike the mlb nba nfl nhl, brobi isnt making 7 grand off of every minute of playtime like lebron...so chill out

yeah it's laughable at best to judge a guild by their whole roster. people actually have friends

too many pve tryhards trying to assert themselves. we all know who the "best" players are in each guild.

can't wait to see you pvepers in arena

Since this isn't professional sports, I'll give you a good example of what I'm talking about that is relevant.

League of Legends has professional gaming. Curse is a very popular and well known team that participates in LCS. They also have plenty of team members who wear their tag in games, but aren't on their LCS team. They've also had multiple teams enter tournaments under Curse A and Curse B. Would we count their record as the total of both these teams? No, that wouldn't make sense.

There are plenty of games you will play against a given guild over the course of a week, so why force every game to count towards these rankings just so that people can update them more often? Have teams submit a list of 8-10 players that they consider the core of their team(s) and if those players are present on both sides then count it. This list can be updated monthly rather than bi-weekly since there would be less games played, but you really don't need a weekly update on this.

It would encourage teams to bring randos or alts more often to have more teams in queue. The more teams that get exposure, the bigger the ranked scene will grow and the better it will be for the community. And it doesn't affect your ability to say you're the best at the end of the day either.

Some people like to use guild chat as a way to talk to friends, oddly enough.

Edited by namesaretough

I don't think the issue is how many people are in the guild, but rather whether the games are counted.

For ID, we Q up all the time with alts and random comps because of people logging on/off (no jugg tank, merc heals, PT dps, w/e). We never had any qualms about any of our games being counted.

That's just our philosophy though, so if other guilds don't want their "alt" or "B" teams to count I respect that too.

In practice it is hard to enforce. If you specify 8 people as your "A" team, then at what point does the games not count? Is it when you swap 1 person out? 2? 3? Or if 2 of people on the A team swapped roles to alts but maintained the same comp, does that count too?

I think the intent of the author of the doc is to make things as simple as possible. Of course simple has certain drawbacks, but it is, well, uncomplicated.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by ParagonAX

how about we have casual post their full roster. a few people in that guild are invited because they are friends, not because they will ever see rated action (to the best of my memory). like brobi said a while ago, guilds shouldnt have to treat this game like a job and make sure everything is perfect before qing, its for fun. people who win against alt comps and treat it like a straight up win are obviously not top of the line and are fishing for wins, otherwise you would know which games were taken seriously and which were just for *****s and giggles. you can compare all you want, but this is a game played for fun, and unlike the mlb nba nfl nhl, brobi isnt making 7 grand off of every minute of playtime like lebron...so chill out

I think you're missing my entire point completely and got hung up on my example for some reason. I was more saying that everyone on the team has something to contribute if they proved they should've there. I assume most guilds dont't advertise in gen chat for rands to do ranked unless it's kickball.

To your Casual example, how does this in any way affect what we're talking about if those players aren't doing ranked. Did you just want to use their name for some oomph?:rolleyes:

It's about asking the spreadsheet manager to confirm every person on each roster, in each game. Then there will be disputes between teams about a and b, and I can see further problems but you get the picture.

I support what he's doing because it streamlines the process and makes It easy to follow for the community. Like you said, this is a game not a job, and I doubt He wants to spend copious amounts of time confirming teams and what not.

That figure about lebron made me laugh though. Damn that guy is making bank.

Edited by EnzoForMe

That's ok no one is forcing you to.

Look man, I really hate to say it but you're taking this doc a little too seriously. I understand everyone's desire to improve and move up the ranking (or perhaps prove themselves to the server) but that doesn't give you the right to set the standards for guild rosters.

This list was an undertaking by Brobi to stir the pot and diversify competition. And it's doing just that. A win is a win, a loss is a loss. If you want to treat a win against a bunch of people playing different roles for FUN and fail to realize how insignificant that is, than I have to agree with one of the previous posters in that you're fishing for wins.

We will continue to play alt rateds because they are good fun, and a chance for people to get comfortable with new classes in a ranked environment.