How would YOU thank Subscribers?

ZionHalcyon

Why would I thank subscribers, they are suckers if they are subscribing. Fine, I would make one of the advertisements on Nar Shaddaa say Thank You in wookiee. That should suffice, now move along I need to count my money.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want my freaking rep with the CRC MAXED OUT I should not have to pay sub and also pay cc to get ONE rep boost per pack.

have no idea if there are other ways to get rep with them if so there should not be. subs should have there rep

maxed out. A 6 month sub requirement would be fine by me.

Then give us actual good looking exclusive. gear and cool items on there that are only available. with the certificates. And give every sub a monthly pack of certificates like 5 of them so that we would be able to also make a decent amount of credits in game when we list gear. KEEP CERTIFICATES BOUND TO LEGACY so market will not get flooded

Edited by alphazoolou

I myself would have given either a pet or a title or a speeder etc. that could NOT be obtained any other way other then being a subscriber. Even a special subscriber emote etc. something that no way shape or form could have been bought with cartel coins.

Good question actually!

I think the CC's were fine, but very self serving.

I would thank my customers with different tiers of "rewards":

0-6 months (of subscribing) = choice of a pet

6-12 months = choice of pet and a mount

12-18 months = choice of pet, mount and an armor piece (mask or weapon)

Another idea, maybe in addition to what I had posted before, but have Subscriber story content.

Maybe it fills in some blank, and focuses on where the Emperor is and him coming back. Or another story that is brand new. You could send the subs encrypted data cubes, which starts a chain. Every 3 months, maybe you add a few quests. Maybe it's every 6 months. I don't know.

Good question actually!

I think the CC's were fine, but very self serving.

I would thank my customers with different tiers of "rewards":

0-6 months (of subscribing) = choice of a pet

6-12 months = choice of pet and a mount

12-18 months = choice of pet, mount and an armor piece (mask or weapon)

I actually like this idea.

Make it from the Cartel Market as well, and I think we have a winner.

The thing here is, there are things on the market more than just 500 ccs. And subs already get CCs for subscribing.

The ability to periodically get to pick one free thing from the market, even if it is more than 500 cc, over a period of subscription time really sounds nice. And the devs still make some $$ off it because you'd still need to pay CC to unlock it with your other characters, not to mention this would also be a good incentive for collectors to subscribe.

I'd say this:

Sub 3 months: choice of Pet or Crystal from Cartel Market

Sub 9 Months: choice of Speeder and Pet or Crystal from Cartel Market

Sub 1 Year: Choice of Armor or Speeder and Pet or Crystal from Cartel Market (repeat from here every 6 months)

Another idea, maybe in addition to what I had posted before, but have Subscriber story content.

Maybe it fills in some blank, and focuses on where the Emperor is and him coming back. Or another story that is brand new. You could send the subs encrypted data cubes, which starts a chain. Every 3 months, maybe you add a few quests. Maybe it's every 6 months. I don't know.

I'd be against subscriber story content. Its the main selling point of the game. Story should be available to all, especially the work that goes into making it.

I support the idea of a periodical reward system. For those who place no value in pets,mounts,etc. there could even be an option to get a certain amount of CC instead.

Also such a system doesn't only reward a player for being subbed at X date but rewards loyal players who have been subscribing and therefor supporting the game for a long time.

I'd be against subscriber story content. Its the main selling point of the game. Story should be available to all, especially the work that goes into making it.

You mean like how there is story content in some of the cartel packs? The only way for people to access that is to either have cartel coins or buy out second hand from someone so used cartel coins.

Look, no content released since crartel first start up has been for subscribers, and I am not talking about exclusivity. The only thing released for subscribers was Section X. An area that subscribers had access to immediately, it was fine that F2P could gain access via cartel coins, but subscribers had access through just being subscribers. The Section X model should be used more it would definitely appease most subscribers.

Instead we 've had story being unlocked through the cartel market, and this new companion. This was an opportunity to make subscribers feel their subscription is worth more only for them to screw the pooch as it were. This new companion should have been unlocked through missions in dealing with new FP. Subscribers would have inherent access to FP and F2Pers would need to buy an unlock off cartel market to go to new FP. This would add value for subscriptions and eased a lot if this current unrest.

I have been a subscriber since 5 days after release. While I appreciate the "subscriber appreciation" gift of 500 CC, I will agree with a statement earlier in the thread...it is self-serving. It is a very impersonal way to thank your subscribers. Personally, I would like something that is legacy or account bound. A weapon or armor or something like that. With 500 CC all I am going to do is unlock something or buy something that has no uniqueness to it. That should have been what they gifted subscribers. Something unique that non-subscribers do not have. That's just my 2 cents.

I agree.

People seem to forget that 1-50 story content is the core value of the F2P side of the business model. It's the compelling value in fact of the F2P. Probably one of the best compelling F2P components in any MMO on the market that runs a blended model.

I guess the reasons people do not realize this is because some players do not respect the value of story content, and others just do not respect the value to the game (and by association, the players) of the F2P side of the business model.

I agree.

People seem to forget that 1-50 story content is the core value of the F2P side of the business model. It's the compelling value in fact of the F2P. Probably one of the best compelling F2P components in any MMO on the market that runs a blended model.

I guess the reasons people do not realize this is because some players do not respect the value of story content, and others just do not respect the value to the game (and by association, the players) of the F2P side of the business model.

How is giving something away for free the "core" of a business model?

A business model describes how an organization intends to generate revenue and earn profit. That is the core of any business model.

The core of the f2p business model in this game is to inflict sufficient pain on f2p players to convince them to relent and spend money to reduce the pain being inflicted.

I have been a subscriber since 5 days after release. While I appreciate the "subscriber appreciation" gift of 500 CC, I will agree with a statement earlier in the thread...it is self-serving.

All customer loyalty rewards are self-serving, in all business in the free market. They are all designed to create good will on the proven business premise that customer good will = more sales.

It is a very impersonal way to thank your subscribers. Personally, I would like something that is legacy or account bound. A weapon or armor or something like that. With 500 CC all I am going to do is unlock something or buy something that has no uniqueness to it. That should have been what they gifted subscribers. Something unique that non-subscribers do not have. That's just my 2 cents.

All customer loyalty rewards are impersonal, unless they are delivered in person, with a handshake and a kiss.

Something unique that non-subscribers do not have.

I have received, as a subscriber, unique customer rewards from this game as well as monetized ones. In the monetized cases, it's been a free month of subscription, a big arse pile of free coins at F2P launch, and yet another free stack of coins this last week.

My point? They have done both unique digital content AND monetized (and not exclusively CC) rewards. They will likely continue to do so. The thing is.. no matter what type of award they give.. people complain. I imagine they thought that there would be fewer complaints (and more freedom of choice to the player) in giving CCs.

And, in the end.. CCs have no more (and no less) value then any other digital component of this game. You can't trade them in for real $$, and you can't take them with you when you leave. The same is true for any non-monetized digital reward as well.

How is giving something away for free the "core" of a business model?

A business model describes how an organization intends to generate revenue and earn profit. That is the core of any business model.

The core of the f2p business model in this game is to inflict sufficient pain on f2p players to convince them to relent and spend money to reduce the pain being inflicted.

The core of the business model on the F2P side is to give just enough away that is compelling, entertaining, and draws the player into the game, and withhold just enough to encourage a strong conversion rate from pure free to revenue generating (either via unlocks, or direct subscription.

The stories provide compelling fun to most players, and leave them craving more of the game and more freedom to enjoy the game. For you to suggest that leading players into the game with their most compelling single component of the game is NOT core to their business model.. is short sighted on your part. It's genius, even though it causes possessive anxiety disorder in some subscribers.

Um, good then?

F2Pers are not loyal, they have not invested time and certainly not money in the game.

Why should they have it easy?

They get access to a great game and most importantly, unlimited access to what is arguably its best feature: its stories. F2P is a way to make people say "hey, let's give this a try", not a viable way to play for a long time.

And it makes total sense. The Cartel Market might have stuff for F2Pers and they obviously spend money from time to time, but do you honestly believe that a company can rely on those who are too cheap or just unwilling to pay $15/month to enjoy the game the way it was supposed to be played?

I think some people misunderstand the intentions of companies who use F2P.

It's not their goal to get people to play for free and never spend anything on the game, you know.

Edited by TheNahash

All customer loyalty rewards are self-serving, in all business in the free market. They are all designed to create good will on the proven business premise that customer good will = more sales.

All customer loyalty rewards are impersonal, unless they are delivered in person, with a handshake and a kiss.

I have received, as a subscriber, unique customer rewards from this game as well as monetized ones. In the monetized cases, it's been a free month of subscription, a big arse pile of free coins at F2P launch, and yet another free stack of coins this last week.

My point? They have done both unique digital content AND monetized (and not exclusively CC) rewards. They will likely continue to do so. The thing is.. no matter what type of award they give.. people complain. I imagine they thought that there would be fewer complaints (and more freedom of choice to the player) in giving CCs.

And, in the end.. CCs have no more (and no less) value then any other digital component of this game. You can't trade them in for real $$, and you can't take them with you when you leave. The same is true for any non-monetized digital reward as well.

Not arguing with any of that. But with the way that they hyped it, I was just expecting something, I dunno, a little more? Maybe that isn't the right word. Not sure what it is. I just think that giving subs something that everyone has access to isn't a way to thank them. It's almost like when your boss is gets you all excited about a raise you are going to get and you find out it's only like .25 cents. It is more, but lets face it, it's not what they led you to believe you would be getting.

Honestly? I'd make a nice huge post addressing all of the problems with the game that the subs have been complaining about. That, by far, is more important to people than any freebee. They want their game to work well, so they can enjoy their hobby, and believe the company that sponsors their hobby is listening to them, and caring about producing quality. Freebees are like a bandage, the wound is still there.

More bw-realistic ideas:

I'd then give out some sort of Orange gear thing, it could be a damn cowboy hat for all I care, or even a speeder mount, that is only for subs. Make it look neat.

Heck, give all the subs a free server transfer, name change, or legacy name change. Give them choices of rewards, heck I'd take a free level or 5 of my legacy over any of that.

All I did was buy more packs to sell on the GTN with that 500. It's nice and all, but it doesn't really say anything neat about being a sub. Just a bonus of something we already get monthly. Big whoop in the grand scheme of things - FTPs can get 500cc as well by spending less.

Not arguing with any of that. But with the way that they hyped it, I was just expecting something, I dunno, a little more? Maybe that isn't the right word. Not sure what it is. I just think that giving subs something that everyone has access to isn't a way to thank them. It's almost like when your boss is gets you all excited about a raise you are going to get and you find out it's only like .25 cents. It is more, but lets face it, it's not what they led you to believe you would be getting.

Exactly - thats what Andryah is missing - its not what we got - its how what we got was communicated.

Its a communication issue. And there are enough people at least bothered if not outright upset about it that just because some people are fine with it does NOT negate those that aren't.

Communication needs to improve, and the devs need to learn when to be less coy and more forthright. If from the livechat on this was refered to as a form of CC grant, everyone would be satisfied. Its because since they decided to play coy and get all cute about it that it led people to think it was going to be something more, because while more CC is nice, its not something in the minds of most worth getting all secretive over.

The devs need to learn to manage expectations better - not in what they say, but moreso in how they communicate it.

Edited by ZionHalcyon

It's almost like when your boss is gets you all excited about a raise you are going to get and you find out it's only like .25 cents. It is more, but lets face it, it's not what they led you to believe you would be getting.

1) they did not lead you to believe anything other then "something" is coming. followed by 500,000 players all projecting what that would be onto their own expectations stimulator.

2) It's more like your boss said I have a little something special for you, as a thank you for all that you do. He told you about it on Monday, but you are not going to get it until Friday. You were thinking it was a uniquely engraved watch, but instead he gave you a gift card to let you have the freedom to convert his appreciation into something that would make you happy. [bTW.. this is quite common now in companies.. they give appreciations awards to employees...in the form of gift cards. You know what else companies do?... they don't let you know in advance that something special is coming.. so you don't have time to project what it will be onto your expectations stimulator.]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.