How would YOU thank Subscribers?

ZionHalcyon

It is not about enough, it is about creativity and advertising.

CC as one time reward are pure laziness, nothing new here, subs got some included in price of sub.

Advertising it with secrecy created high expectations.

Combination of both is not really well taken.

This.

If you're going to take the lazy man's approach, don't hype it. Hype builds expectations. Any manager or PR person worth a bent nickel knows this.

Also, you can thank subscribers by putting more of the stuff we subscribe for into the game. Flash points. War zones. Operations. Space missions. All without Cartel Coin gates. THAT would be plenty of thanks and far more appreciated than yet more cartel coins or even silly little gifts like fireworks or speeders or pets.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. I'm not going to piss & moan about the OP or the idea....but seriously. Why is 500 bonus CC not enough? I mean it's not like you are owed anything....the "Thank You" is the 525 monthly sub coins.

1. First and foremost: A guarantee that all longtime known bugs get fixed with the next update. E. g. all broken codex entries, all armor clipping errors, all glitches, all graphic issues, imbalances, not working achievements (like imperial space missions being stuck at 99%) and all that. THAT would have made me feel extremely appreciated AND it is even for everyone. (...)

Well, according to the patch notes, they finally fixed some of the codex entries and the space missions achievements. That's a start! When I read these lines in the patch notes I felt much more appreciated than when I read about the 500 CC. Please continue like this, BW. It is the right road to take (assuming the fixes work, haven't checked it yet).

Dude, I've posted in many of the same threads as you for a long time. I would have thought you would have read a post or few of mine by now and know my style. Sorry you took it wrong.

We kool?

:cool:

Yep :D I was just yanking yer chain. Could not resist.

1k Cartel coins, 1million credits, the bad *** black light saber crystal starkiller gets in the death star in TFU.

Of course if EA cared about customers, then I would not be on a broke *** busted crappy server full of spam bots, homophobic sexist bigot morons who nit pick spelling but can not even spell colour correctly.

I subbed without knowing I would get the CC monthly. How many other MMO's that people pay for give you free crap monthly? None?

Most, if not all MMO's that are f2p/sub with a store give you currency with your sub. Many of them have some form of veteran/loyalty program on top of that.

City of Heroes had a very nice veterans program. You got costume pieces, powers, badges (titles), free respec tokens, free costume change tokens, pets, supergroup base items, early access to travel powers, bonus storage slots, character slots, and more. Granted, not every reward was great, but many of them were.

I subbed without knowing I would get the CC monthly. How many other MMO's that people pay for give you free crap monthly? None?

I subbed when it was my only option. now its no longer my only option - the game is free. so... why pay when you don't have to? that's where subscriber incentives come in. making subscription worth it.

I, personally, think that giving us anything to show appreciation is more than I've gotten from any other MMO. I enjoyed the 500 cartel coins. I used them to unlock a couple items in my collections for my other characters. Remember, they didn't have to give us anything. Thank you Bioware.

I subbed when it was my only option. now its no longer my only option - the game is free. so... why pay when you don't have to? that's where subscriber incentives come in. making subscription worth it.

Oh? Go ahead and drop your sub and play as a "free" preferred. Let me know how long you last. If you last more than 20 ingame hours of actually doing stuff (quests, flash points, pvp, real game action not standing around) and you're on my server, I'll mail you 100k credits.

Oh? Go ahead and drop your sub and play as a "free" preferred. Let me know how long you last. If you last more than 20 ingame hours of actually doing stuff (quests, flash points, pvp, real game action not standing around) and you're on my server, I'll mail you 100k credits.

I already did. I'm just waiting out the rest of my subscription. originally tested it out on SO's account - questing, pvping, flashpoints ( the main drawback of f2p was no secure trade or mail access.. and preferred actually get both). I have said it before and I'll say it again. the longer you play, the less valuable subscription actually becomes, unless you are super hardcore player pvping/doing flashpoints and ops on same multiple characters every day.

I doubt we are playing on the same server though.

I already did. I'm just waiting out the rest of my subscription. originally tested it out on SO's account - questing, pvping, flashpoints ( the main drawback of f2p was no secure trade or mail access.. and preferred actually get both). I have said it before and I'll say it again. the longer you play, the less valuable subscription actually becomes, unless you are super hardcore player pvping/doing flashpoints and ops on same multiple characters every day.

I doubt we are playing on the same server though.

I've played since game test, and live since day 1 of early access. I did create a f2p account and tried a character on it. I got as far as the Jedi Temple on Tython before I had enough.

My subscription still matters every single day. Even one tiny aspect - cash - makes it worth it. I would loathe this game if I were limited to the preferred credit cap.

I've played since game test, and live since day 1 of early access. I did create a f2p account and tried a character on it. I got as far as the Jedi Temple on Tython before I had enough.

My subscription still matters every single day. Even one tiny aspect - cash - makes it worth it. I would loathe this game if I were limited to the preferred credit cap.

see, that's the problem. you created a NEW f2p account. there's an enormous difference between fresh account and someone ha's been playing for a while, unlocking legacy conveniences etc. even difference between newly preferred (which is what my SO's account is) and pure f2p is considerable (yes, I tried that too, and it IS pretty bad)

my account though? I'm 1.5 legacy levels away from 50 (I have been playing since third day of early access in case you are wondering). I have multiple conveniences unlocks. I have security key, so fast traveling to fleet is not an issue. I have most races already unlocked. I have ability to wear custom gear, both regular and event, extra GTN slots, title,s companion customization, all 3 crew skills etc. I can keep my headpiece from showing. operations passes I can buy for 200k or less and a single run of TfB pays that investment back. flashpoint and warzone passes sell for even less. assuming i need them in a first place (5 warzones per character is more than sufficient to tide me over, with my gaggle of alts)

as for cash? maybe for people who are better at credits then I am. 300k is my standard per character, and a lot of times i dip lower. but still... even if I was better at cash - its minor convenience. mailing 8 items instead of 1 - is minor convenience. I suppose for some people $15 a month is worth paying for minor conveniences. I also know of people who will spend extra money to buy an identical item for more, just because of the place they are buying it from.

but having grown up on a tight budget, i cannot justify to myself spending $15 a month unless it gets me something extra something significantly better than what I can keep getting for free. (and yes, i don't go to movie theater either, 95% of the time, its not worth it, and the other 5% is reserved for eye candy 3d movies that I'm super interested in)

Edited by Jeweledleah

Uh all hybrid subscription MMO's? And it's really irrelevant what you did or didn't do.

which reminded me - of original post I made on this thread.

I haven't played LOTRO in a while, so I don't know what their current terms are, so I'll go with the other MMO I'm currently playing - secret world.

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/subscription_no_longer_required

and since its a fairly well known game that recently went free to play - here's rift.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/store/#patron

their terms are not as good as TSW, but its still bunch of bonus stuff you get for subscribing vs playing for free. since the question was "what other MMO gives people extra stuff for subscribing"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.