Smash Monkeys: You might not get a nerf, but don't expect respect.

Comfterbilly

Best survivability, best dps, best utility (Maras)

100% fine.

Combat/Carnage has better single target DPS tbh, it just became a lost art once people realised they could smash everyone around them for 8k+ :D

Smashmonkey gets more overall dmg because of smash's AOE dmg, but when it comes to bursting people down, Combat/Carnage is still king.

Edited by IGotRawr

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watchman and Vigilance also have better single-target damage than smashers last time I checked. And many classes have better survival than smashers: any healer or stealth or ranged dps class will typically die much less than smashers and most of them will take less overall damage (and win 1v1 fights), too. But hey, can't have a game where melee characters can occasionally top the damage charts - because wzs are all about topping damage charts and non-stealth melees are for the beginners/simpletons (many of the original muds and rpgs were actually built that way, the prejudice is still out there).

I dont like smash spec either, but blame bioware for making the spec so powerful it will always top the damage charts and is relatively easier to play compared to the other dps specs knights and warriors have. you would have to be a idiot NOT to play it. Edited by UrbanSaint

Who made this thread? Combat does more dmg than focus unless the other rated team is dumb as rocks. Neither spec is hard AT ALL imo and you can pop trans/inspiration for your team. Why all the hate on focus/rage?

tanks: protect your healers

healers: don't put yourself in a position to get triple smashed/sweeped

whats the problem here?

EDIT: Are you SERIOUSLY on rage/focus witchhunt with sniper and sorc burst out there...lol. People like you will never be happy with anything.

Edited by haterglowstick

LoL @ your sig Urban 'Pug groups is like playing the lottery' you play a million times and still never won? :p

Glad someone laughed at it at least :p. But in all honesty i probably would have better luck playing the lottery than I do in warzones. Maybe it's just me that's bad :(

I DESPISE the bunny hopping in circles, it's so far from the epic Star Wars combat...I wish the devs would implement something like a stamina bar that would deplete after a couple of jumps/running around.

Or, cut the chance to hit while jumping down to 1%.

I dont like smash spec either, but blame bioware for making the spec so powerful it will always top the damage charts and is relatively easier to play compared to the other dps specs knights and warriors have. you would have to be a idiot NOT to play it.

Every double premade I faced since the mass transfer to ToFN was composed by two classes: smashers and operatives.

Possible to counter that cheesy team? Sure!

Do they totally roll whatever they meet in regular WZs with a 90% win ratio? Yeah!

Smash Monkeys: You might not get a nerf, but don't expect respect.

So tired of easymode in this game. One of the saddest forms of easymode is a ring of smash monkeys all hoppin up and down in a circle around a healer. You make the game so boring.

A healer should easily be able to survive 3 or more dps attacking him. If the healer dies, it means the 4 dps players attacking him are overpowered.

Conversely, if a dps player can't kill a healer, healing isn't overpowered, the dps player just needs to "learn2play baddie".

I DESPISE the bunny hopping in circles, it's so far from the epic Star Wars combat...I wish the devs would implement something like a stamina bar that would deplete after a couple of jumps/running around.

I agree with this. I'd also like to see a 'mind' bar as well, deplete when mentally intensive abilities were used. And a Force bar when force abilities are used! So then there would be a Health, Action, Mind and Force bars that players would have to skillfully balance and manage at the same time!

Oh wait, i think this has been done before...

:)

i agree with this. I'd also like to see a 'mind' bar as well, deplete when mentally intensive abilities were used. And a force bar when force abilities are used! So then there would be a health, action, mind and force bars that players would have to skillfully balance and manage at the same time!

mind fire ftw!!!

Edited by Freedannad

I agree with this. I'd also like to see a 'mind' bar as well, deplete when mentally intensive abilities were used. And a Force bar when force abilities are used! So then there would be a Health, Action, Mind and Force bars that players would have to skillfully balance and manage at the same time!

I think we need to do that with the forums too, so if someone posts a stupid idea or a whining tantrum, the "idiot" bar would fill up, and at full idiocy, the person gets banned from the forums for 24 hours.

That'd certainly help with the average intelligence of these boards by an IQ point of 30.

I think we need to do that with the forums too, so if someone posts a stupid idea or a whining tantrum, the "idiot" bar would fill up, and at full idiocy, the person gets banned from the forums for 24 hours.

That'd certainly help with the average intelligence of these boards by an IQ point of 30.

I'm afraid you're ******e bar has been filled for the current cycle and you will be barred from responding for 24 hours or until you can not come off as an ******e.

If they did this, how would I entertain myself at work?

Your problem isn't that smash is "OP" it is that you are not smart enough to move out of the range of smash. When I see a bunch of smashers crowding me on my sorc take a guess what I do. OVERLOAD AND RUN AWAY!!!! If you stand there and try to heal through it you deserve to go down fast. Learn to play the game that exists now instead of hoping they will change the game to your playstyle. That is just childish.

WHAT? Are you trying to say that face tanking sorc should not QQ :eek:?

Even though my main is sorc healer, I strongly don't support smash nerf. Smashers do exactly what they are designed, create space for allied healers and ranged dps and demolish piled up enemies. The unfortunate part is aside from snipers, warriors and deception sins, none of the dps classes and most dps trees do not work well in PvP, thus most people come crying for smash nerf, but PvP problems run way much deeper than that.

Even though my main is sorc healer, I strongly don't support smash nerf. Smashers do exactly what they are designed, create space for allied healers and ranged dps and demolish piled up enemies. The unfortunate part is aside from snipers, warriors and deception sins, none of the dps classes and most dps trees do not work well in PvP, thus most people come crying for smash nerf, but PvP problems run way much deeper than that.

Deception Sins...working well as a DPS class? lol. I love being useful every minute and 15 seconds. Because if you're playing against good teams and are one of the main DPS, you're not getting out of combat to benefit from Electric Ambush. Without Recklessness Shock hits for 2.5k, Discharge with less than 3 stacks hits for less than Voltiac Slash. Terror.

Smash is whatever. One is usually not a problem. But the way it works is why every good RWZ team runs 2 or more smashers. Because Double Smash is OP. Too much burst AoE damage. And as someone who has a marauder and usually plays Rage in rateds (except Civil War and Huttball where I Carnage), I don't think its very fair that Rage will pull the highest damaging numbers and also be the tankiest out of all marauder specs. I would love to run Annihilation more because its my favorite spec. But you have less CC and defense than the other two trees while doing no more damage than either of them. As a tradeoff, you get some crappy nerfed self-heals. Oh, and every healer can cleanse my ****. Fk. So I get pissed off and go Rage so I can piss everyone else off, too.

Edited by Aetrus

A class is not over-powered because it is better then the other classes, at least that's not what bothers me. What I don't like is when a spec is just plain better then the other speccs, which limits you. Rage is a good example, in that carnage is really really fun, but rage will give you better over-all damage and survivability. It just leaves you in an hawkward situation where you want to help your team as much as possible, but you also want to play your preferred spec.

A class is not over-powered because it is better then the other classes, at least that's not what bothers me. What I don't like is when a spec is just plain better then the other speccs, which limits you. Rage is a good example, in that carnage is really really fun, but rage will give you better over-all damage and survivability. It just leaves you in an hawkward situation where you want to help your team as much as possible, but you also want to play your preferred spec.

I really prefer vengence, as a jugg. I was not aware it was so popular with Maras. I'm not much a Mara-man, though.

I really prefer vengence, as a jugg. I was not aware it was so popular with Maras. I'm not much a Mara-man, though.

I'm just QQing because they for some reason decided to nerf my specc, and I really don't want to switch to Rage.

You say carnage is not as good as rage, but in half of the warzones we use a carnage spec for rateds.

The really thing that smash is overpowered is that you can do 10k dmg to 5 targets at the same time , the really easy rotation (leap , force crush, smash, master strike, zealuos leap force crush smash) , and the more basic gearing (power and surge) , that being said im not saying that all the people using smash are crappy pvpers couse i know some from my server are really good with it, the thing is that is so easy that everybody can pull great numbers without learning the espec well, and since you aoe dmg with smash 4 smasher can take a whole team in close encounters like in hypergate on voidstar (the tunnels) or wen the team is trying to stop cap i can understand wen 4 people are on you , you wont live long , but a entyre team diying becouse 4 smashers smash that is overpowered