Smash Monkeys: You might not get a nerf, but don't expect respect.

Comfterbilly

The really thing that smash is overpowered is that you can do 10k dmg to 5 targets at the same time , the really easy rotation (leap , force crush, smash, master strike, zealuos leap force crush smash) , and the more basic gearing (power and surge) , that being said im not saying that all the people using smash are crappy pvpers couse i know some from my server are really good with it, the thing is that is so easy that everybody can pull great numbers without learning the espec well, and since you aoe dmg with smash 4 smasher can take a whole team in close encounters like in hypergate on voidstar (the tunnels) or wen the team is trying to stop cap i can understand wen 4 people are on you , you wont live long , but a entyre team diying becouse 4 smashers smash that is overpowered

Your really easy rotation is wrong and would be putting up average numbers using that

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say carnage is not as good as rage, but in half of the warzones we use a carnage spec for rateds.

No what I said was Rage gets better overall damage and survivability, it's in your quote field.

Rage it's easier to live for longer

Rage will put up higher damage

On top of that I'd say Rage is a lot easier to play, I'm coming back from a 6 month hiatus and from what I can tell they've butchered my rotation on a carnage.

Smash Monkeys: You might not get a nerf, but don't expect respect.

So tired of easymode in this game. One of the saddest forms of easymode is a ring of smash monkeys all hoppin up and down in a circle around a healer. You make the game so boring.

u no respect Hulk. Hulk smash you! HULK SMASH! SMASH SMASH SMASH!

/endtroll.

Honestly all you complainers telling me smash is OP. That is great. But until Bioware gives me an alternative I have no reason to switch. Pre-1.2 I was a tank on my guardian. From patch 1.2 to 1.4 I went vigilance. From patch 1.4 on I've been smash. Why? Cause they completely RAPED my preferred spec in 1.4. It is not my fault Focus/Rage is most viable spec for guardians atm. At least Sentinels have the option of Combat which still has utility in ranked warzones. Vigilance does not.

Class X beat me = class X is OP/easymode/noob-friendly/for-bads logic is so last monday.

If Annihilation was more viable in PvP, we wouldnt be stuck playing Rage. Just like Concealment and Lethality are barely viable in PvP, so most Operatives play as healers.

I'd rather have a Carnage Mara (over a Rage Mara) on my team in a WZ.

And on a similar topic, I'd rather have a Mara leap at me (on my Merc) than a Jugg.

carnage is inferior to ranged dps and is rage starved. Not sure why you would want that on your team other than it being cool and good at 1 on 1 combat, especially since smash is one of the best tree in the game right now. annihilation and carnage need to be worked on.

I don't like smash. if I play annihilation or carnage I get lower numbers than people using the rage tree. if I play smash I get top damage but it isn't nearly as fun as the other trees.

Edited by MarkXXIV

carnage is inferior to ranged dps and is rage starved. Not sure why you would want that on your team other than it being cool and good at 1 on 1 combat, especially since smash is one of the best tree in the game right now. annihilation and carnage need to be worked on.

I don't like smash. if I play annihilation or carnage I get lower numbers than people using the rage tree. if I play smash I get top damage but it isn't nearly as fun as the other trees.

Previous comments were comparing Carnage and Rage, so I compared them as well. Wasn't really talking about ranged people.

And maybe I confused Carnage with Annihilation. What I was trying to say is that I prefer the Mara with the Predation buff over a Smash Mara. Smashers are simply DPS, like everyone else. But the spec with the Pred Boost can easily win a game of huttball by using Pred at all the right times. Not to mention speed up the defensive switching on other maps.

A single smasher cant win the game, but the pred boost actually CAN win the game in rare cases.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Previous comments were comparing Carnage and Rage, so I compared them as well. Wasn't really talking about ranged people.

And maybe I confused Carnage with Annihilation. What I was trying to say is that I prefer the Mara with the Predation buff over a Smash Mara. Smashers are simply DPS, like everyone else. But the spec with the Pred Boost can easily win a game of huttball by using Pred at all the right times. Not to mention speed up the defensive switching on other maps.

A single smasher cant win the game, but the pred boost actually CAN win the game in rare cases.

Any decent mara will respec to carnage in Huttball (unless there is already one or 2 carnage mara). Outside of Huttball and ranked warzone play on specific maps / scenarios, carnage is very inferior. The problem, in my opinion, is that hte cooldown on their burst abilities is too long (force scream, execute does not proc enough and isn't reliable). Need to increase the proc rate of Execute and lower the 20 second cooldown of Slaughter to about half that.

Any decent mara will respec to carnage in Huttball (unless there is already one or 2 carnage mara). Outside of Huttball and ranked warzone play on specific maps / scenarios, carnage is very inferior. The problem, in my opinion, is that hte cooldown on their burst abilities is too long (force scream, execute does not proc enough and isn't reliable). Need to increase the proc rate of Execute and lower the 20 second cooldown of Slaughter to about half that.

the CD on FS is fair IMO but yeah when they lowered the execute proc rate and got rid of the refunded rage for massacre they ruined our burst. Occasionally we're going to drop someone incredibley fast, and it's cool, but the next time we may not get the proc we need and we're just swatting at them. If they brought carnage back to how it was before 2.0 (even w/o the ravage alacrity increase while zerked) I would be happy. I agree with most of what you'd said, I'm not one to complain about one particular spec being OP, but i want the speccs to be balanced enough that I can choose based on taste and not what's good at the moment.