The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ability failing yet still applying the GCD bug Bumping daily Devs acknowledge plz

OcTwenty

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. This has been happening for a long time and it's pretty annoying especially for someone who really tries to maximize their DPS. It happens with a few of my sentinels abilities, my Merc Slash and most noticeably Master Strike just to name a couple.

Please let us know that you know about it and are at least trying to fix it.

This was reported multiple times way, WAY back in closed beta and to this day has never been fully addressed outside of one or two "bandaid" patches that have made it happen a bit less frequently. I definitely have it happen a whole a lot more on my Sentinel than my Assassin or Commando.

Will it ever be fixed? I highly doubt it. For such a big problem to persist for so long (longer than two years now) one can only assume that the problem is a core game engine issue that can never really be fully fixed outside of a major engine overhaul.

Edited by Exertim

In a warzone the other night, popped stealth only to see the cool down but I wasn't actually in stealth! Personally I think we are stuck because the game engine is rotten and it's out of the coders hands.

The worst idea in gaming history to chose the Hero engine for an MMO

Someone over on the Guardian subforum was at the Chicago event and posted this

However, the highlight of the night was being to talk to Eric Musco and one of the combat team devs. When I brought up the leap bug and ability delay/ ghost Masterstrikes, Eric said that the issues are very complex and because they don't have any way to consistently reproduce the issues, they are very hard to track down to the source.

Source

Edited by Lesaberisa

Source

That's reasonable - but why can't EM just come into this thread and say that? Hell, with all the players in here experiencing the issue, there may well be someone that can come up with an actual reproducible scenario, i.e. on class X, ability Y in warzone Z ALWAYS fails to fire.

tl;dr - @EM - ask the question! Maybe we can help!

Source

Thank you for the heads up, and thanks to that guy who asked the question. Face to face confrontation was probably the only way the issue was going to be acknowledged.

Eric, why couldn't you just say that on the forums months ago? I wasted my time bumping these threads. It's unfixable, it's a cancer deep inside the garbage Hero engine. That's all I needed to hear. I'm still going to play but now I can stop posting about it.

While you're at it Bioware, please take a look at the significant delay on vital shot, compared to corrosive dart which functions correctly. You can fire vital shot, run behind an obstacle and then it shoots, really annoying and it can also lead to double tapping targets because its not immediately clear it fired off the first time... as instant cast abilities should.