The REAL Most Powerful Jedi

Totally off-topic, but why Wokieepedi changed Palpatine's description? Before, it's was written "the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history". Now it says "one of the most powerful Sith Lords of galactic history". Any statements that can expalin such change?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything true, still he knew that lightsaber combat was neccessary, to the point he became onde of the best duelists of history. And he never stopped carrying a lightsaber, there's numerous cases he used a lightsaber, even after the estabilishment of the Galactic Empire.

Yoda was more powerful than Fay with the Force, yet he knew, too, that lightsaber combat was essential to a Jedi. Even before the invention of lightsabers, the Jedi needed to use weapons. I suppose all those Force users had no wisdom.

Actually you are wrong, after TFU he wasn't known to use a lightsaber until Dark Empire.

The Purge of Bothawi, Empire at War. Yes, it's canon.

The Essential Chronology says otherwise.

Regardless that extremely small mission could easily have taken place during those events, as a matter of fact during Empire at War(the original campaign) I believe Vader's Executor SSD is still in construction.

Totally off-topic, but why Wokieepedi changed Palpatine's description? Before, it's was written "the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history". Now it says "one of the most powerful Sith Lords of galactic history". Any statements that can expalin such change?

Luke Skywalker isn't even noted as the most powerful Force user on the wookiee.

In my incredibly most biased opinion, I think Plo Koon should be a candidate for a spot on the list.

In my unbiased opinion, I could make a case for Plo Koon, but it would just be me posturing pointlessly.

Luke Skywalker isn't even noted as the most powerful Force user on the wookiee.

Well that becomes obvious as to why when you know Wookie's policies they try to keep the posts as unbiased as possible so they consider it wrong if there is something in it that definitively states how powerful or how much better some one is in comparison to others unless its specifically a character feat (such as so and so beat so and so but they still wont say one is neccisarily better then the other) or it is a statement made by another character as such they aren't being biased and putting there own info in they are just telling you what an in-universe person said which isn't debateable the person said it whether the person that said it is right or wrong is an opinion the person saying it isn't. So ultimately they will never say X person or Y person is most powerful or great ever with out editing it out as it would be considered bias.

In my incredibly most biased opinion, I think Plo Koon should be a candidate for a spot on the list.

In my unbiased opinion, I could make a case for Plo Koon, but it would just be me posturing pointlessly.

Don't give into biased opinion, that leads to the darkside.

Well that becomes obvious as to why when you know Wookie's policies they try to keep the posts as unbiased as possible so they consider it wrong if there is something in it that definitively states how powerful or how much better some one is in comparison to others unless its specifically a character feat (such as so and so beat so and so but they still wont say one is neccisarily better then the other) or it is a statement made by another character as such they aren't being biased and putting there own info in they are just telling you what an in-universe person said which isn't debateable the person said it whether the person that said it is right or wrong is an opinion the person saying it isn't. So ultimately they will never say X person or Y person is most powerful or great ever with out editing it out as it would be considered bias.

It wouldn't be biased because Luke and Sidious are the best, per G-canon. Not only that, but they had those details for the longest time before. What prompted the change?

This is why I don't fully trust the wookiee.

It wouldn't be biased because Luke and Sidious are the best, per G-canon. Not only that, but they had those details for the longest time before. What prompted the change?

Probably because the new movies, and perhaps the overriding of post-ROTJ. Though funny thing is...even if the post-ROTJ is overriden...Sidious would still be the strongest Sith lord given previous sources. Now with Luke...could be the same way as per the ROTJ novel, was noted he had the potential to surpass the Emperor.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Its just it sounds like potential bias thus they don't want it to be in there it doesn't mean they aren't the most powerful ever as we can clearly see and know but to avoid any kind of ranking system set up on Wookie itself as it isn't there job to rank charaters they will never definitively say any one is most powerful or greatest XYZ they just give you what they did and what people around them said and let you make your own opinion on it thus I trust it I just don't take any statements about XYZ being powerful or weak or what not to heart cus it can mean so many different things and so many different degrees I form my opinion on what they did and who they did it to as well as known statement by GL and LC.

Never trust the Wookiee. :w_wink:

Oh and the reason why they changed a lot of the outright 'this guy was most powerful, in blah blah at blah blah' is in anticipation of whatever the hell announcement will be made on the future of the Expanded Universe.

In other words they are getting prepared for a major revamp, especially with main movie characters.

In-fact I was reading a talk page where a few of the higher ups have already saved edited versions of the current pages in the event of a Post-ROTJ Nuke at any point in time.

Probably because the new movies, and perhaps the overriding of post-ROTJ. Though funny thing is...even if the post-ROTJ is overriden...Sidious would still be the strongest Sith lord given previous sources. Now with Luke...could be the same way as per the ROTJ, was noted he had the potential to surpass the Emperor.

The movies haven't even come out yet, so I don't see why everyone is just ignoring these things.

But like you said, they'll still be the most powerful.

Its just it sounds like potential bias thus they don't want it to be in there it doesn't mean they aren't the most powerful ever as we can clearly see and know but to avoid any kind of ranking system set up on Wookie itself as it isn't there job to rank charaters they will never definitively say any one is most powerful or greatest XYZ they just give you what they did and what people around them said and let you make your own opinion on it thus I trust it I just don't take any statements about XYZ being powerful or weak or what not to heart cus it can mean so many different things and so many different degrees I form my opinion on what they did and who they did it to as well as known statement by GL and LC.

I see what you mean.

Never trust the Wookiee. :w_wink:

Oh and the reason why they changed a lot of the outright 'this guy was most powerful, in blah blah at blah blah' is in anticipation of whatever the hell announcement will be made on the future of the Expanded Universe.

In other words they are getting prepared for a major revamp, especially with main movie characters.

In-fact I was reading a talk page where a few of the higher ups have already saved edited versions of the current pages in the event of a Post-ROTJ Nuke at any point in time.

Well that's their business, but we still have the G-canon statements.

Something else about the wookiee. I was searching Dooku's page for the inspiration behind Dooku's name, and I found that the Battle of Boz Pity is believed by them to be non-canon.

Oh also in Shadows of the Empire, tis was noted Luke had potential to surpass Sidious too, and also of course GL statements. So the removal of the post-ROTJ, won't really affect them...unless of course they also retcon every other source stating such things. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Oh also in Shadows of the Empire, tis was noted Luke had potential to surpass Sidious too, and also of course GL statements. So the removal of the post-ROTJ, won't really affect them...unless of course they also retcon every other source stating such things.

Not only that but Vader also talks about how he was the best saber duelist he had ever faced which says a lot about Luke in ESB and RotJ.

It is unfortunate that Fay isn't a more fleshed out character, but I think we could actually disregard Obi-Wan's opinion and still make the conclusion that she is more powerful than Mace Windu, if only slightly (imo).
This really, I mean the few things she has done are nothing short of exceptional. Rendering Asajj Ventress unconscious with her mind? Being able to survive having two lightsabers piercing your lung and heart? Who else has done this? Really I can't see Windu being able to survive such injuries or disable Ventress in such a way. And that's without including the fact that Fay had effectively become immortal living for centuries without aging past 20.

I'd say she is considerably more powerful than Windu. We could argue that Windu simply did not dedicate himself to the Control aspect of the Force on the level that Fay did, but really her abilities are merely a by-product of an incredibly intense connection to the Force.

That said I think Windu should definitely take #6. Are we all in agreement?

EDIT: To be quite honest, I'd consider putting her above Kyp Durron, and maybe even Jaina. She hasn't made many appearances but I feel we know enough about her to reach a conclusion.

This really, I mean the few things she has done are nothing short of exceptional. Rendering Asajj Ventress unconscious with her mind? Being able to survive having two lightsabers piercing your lung and heart? Who else has done this? Really I can't see Windu being able to survive such injuries or disable Ventress in such a way. And that's without including the fact that Fay had effectively become immortal living for centuries without aging past 20.

I'd say she is considerably more powerful than Windu. We could argue that Windu simply did not dedicate himself to the Control aspect of the Force on the level that Fay did, but really her abilities are merely a by-product of an incredibly intense connection to the Force.

That said I think Windu should definitely take #6. Are we all in agreement?

EDIT: To be quite honest, I'd consider putting her above Kyp Durron, and maybe even Jaina. She hasn't made many appearances but I feel we know enough about her to reach a conclusion.

No from what I can see she wouldn't be that substantially above Windu.... Maybe above Kyp but I think that's stretching our limited knowledge of the character a little to far and is a bit to large of a jump to truly conclude and as we really want to be as sure of this as we can that stretch is not one I think we should make. Definitely not Jaina though.

Edit: everything here is talking about your edit not your original post.... lets make that clear.

Edited by tunewalker

No from what I can see she wouldn't be that substantially above Windu.... Maybe above Kyp but I think that's stretching our limited knowledge of the character a little to far and is a bit to large of a jump to truly conclude and as we really want to be as sure of this as we can that stretch is not one I think we should make. Definitely not Jaina though.

Edit: everything here is talking about your edit not your original post.... lets make that clear.

I think we know more than enough about her to reassess her position. Really what do we know of Windu? He was second to Yoda, mastered Vaapad, and was highly proficient with telekinesis. What do we know of Kyp? He was extremely powerful and chucked a freighter. What do we know of Fay? She possessed an immensely strong connection to the Force, lived for centuries without aging, was extremely proficient with mental assaults and was able to recover from mortal injuries. Really just because a character has made more appearances by no means makes it harder to gauge their Force ability. Often one appearance is more than enough.

Again I don't think we should dismiss Fay because she's made few appearances, if a comparison can be made, make it.