The REAL Most Powerful Jedi

I think we know more than enough about her to reassess her position. Really what do we know of Windu? He was second to Yoda, mastered Vaapad, and was highly proficient with telekinesis. What do we know of Kyp? He was extremely powerful and chucked a freighter. What do we know of Fay? She possessed an immensely strong connection to the Force, lived for centuries without aging, was extremely proficient with mental assaults and was able to recover from mortal injuries. Really just because a character has made more appearances by no means makes it harder to gauge their Force ability. Often one appearance is more than enough.

Again I don't think we should dismiss Fay because she's made few appearances, if a comparison can be made, make it.

OK to clarify I agree Fay should be above windu the feats are there..... but I believe it to much of a stretch that the powers she displayed are better then Kyp's he just seems to edge out from what I can see a little ahead slightly better telekinetics argueably equal mind capabilities he has force lightning (the black variety) and we can say likely better saber force powers (force leap enhanced strength senses) along with Luke's statements about him Vs Obi-wan's about her I just think Kyp edges out a little ahead I just feel its just to much of a stretch to put her ahead of him.

Edited by tunewalker

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Beni, whilst both Kyp and Jaina have shown exceptional mastery over numerous abilities, from the norm to esoteric. What we know of Fay and what we have seen simply signifies a far deeper understanding of the Light Side of the Force and whilst the combat abilities that both Kyp and Jaina have pulled off are nothing short of the highest level, Fay has simply shown abilities that put her on that highest echelon of command in the force.

A mind assault that knocked out Asajj Ventress, someone considered to be too powerful for any one Jedi besides Yoda and WIndu.

Her vast connection to the Force was so strong that she didn't age a day past twenty despite being centuries old.

Her incredible connection to the force would have kept her alive despite being basically blown up and then immediately being impaled through the chest by both of Ventress' lightsabers, instead her last vestiges of force power were used as a form of immense healing that took Obi-Wan from near-mortally wounded to being 100% again.

Not to mention her telekinesis stopped the construct they were in from falling completely on top of them all and this was an ENORMOUS building to.

OK to clarify I agree Fay should be above windu the feats are there..... but I believe it to much of a stretch that the powers she displayed are better then Kyp's he just seems to edge out from what I can see a little ahead slightly better telekinetics argueably equal mind capabilities he has force lightning (the black variety) and we can say likely better saber force powers (force leap enhanced strength senses) along with Luke's statements about him Vs Obi-wan's about her I just think Kyp edges out a little ahead I just feel its just to much of a stretch to put her ahead of him.
I can't imagine Fay would not be capable of lifting and launching a freighter, perfoming Force leaps etc. Because simply put all that she has displayed points to an incredibly deep connection to the light side of the Force, incredibly deep. And that gives her the ability to do many things, some of which she has already displayed. Really I can't imagine Kyp or Jaina possessing a deeper connection to the Force, it would be more than obvious if they did.

1)Yoda

2)Obi-wan

3)Luke Skywalker

4)Revan (redeemed)

5)Mace Windu

Maybe pre-Return of the Jedi, but not post-Return of the Jedi, Luke the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order learns every technique, becomes so skilled with a lightsaber that he can deflect an AT-AT's blasters despite being in a bubble where the force doesn't exist, and becomes more powerful than Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious combined. Also Mace Windu is way more powerful and skilled than Revan, Revan was good, but he was never in Windu's league.

1. Luke Skywalker
  2. Yoda
  3. Obi-Wan Kenobi
  4. Mace Windu
  5. Revan

So I am not seeing any strong arguments against us Beni, should we update and move onwards?
Updated both lists. I also placed Windu as #6 as I doubt anyone would disagree with that.

Onto to #7! I personally would nominated Revan, Sunrider, Thon or Satele Shan...

Updated both lists. I also placed Windu as #6 as I doubt anyone would disagree with that.

Onto to #7! I personally would nominated Revan, Sunrider, Thon or Satele Shan...

I am by no means pushing for S. Shan to be #7 with this but just a genuine question regarding SW EU. Is Shan the only person we see to block a lightsaber (yet alone from a powerful opponent) with his/her bare hands in combat?

I am by no means pushing for S. Shan to be #7 with this but just a genuine question regarding SW EU. Is Shan the only person we see to block a lightsaber (yet alone from a powerful opponent) with his/her bare hands in combat?
Yes, but this is merely a variant of tutanimis. Similar to how Darth Krayt, Darth Wyyrlok, Grand Master Yoda, Karness Muur and Revan were able to catch lightining. I'd assume all of these would be able to catch lightsabers as well as the same principles apply.

So yes, while Shan is the first known Force user to catch a lightsaber the technique she used to do it was by no means unique. Regardless it does point to a considerable level of power.

Yes, but this is merely a variant of tutanimis. Similar to how Darth Krayt, Darth Wyyrlok, Grand Master Yoda, Karness Muur and Revan were able to catch lightining. I'd assume all of these would be able to catch lightsabers as well as the same principles apply.

So yes, while Shan is the first known Force user to catch a lightsaber the technique she used to do it was by no means unique. Regardless it does point to a considerable level of power.

Though take into account she does state her powers did wane over the years....so her prime probably would be her as a JK/JM rather then GM, just to clarify. However the blocking a saber with her hands, I think could be accomplished with anyone having Tutaminis(refined) and a strong connection to The Force.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

For number 7 or 8 I'd like to toss in the name of Kyle Katarn. Guy is the Chuck Norris of Star Wars. Back up or he'll kick you in the face, shoot you in the nuts then slice you in half and not get any on the beard.

For number 7 or 8 I'd like to toss in the name of Kyle Katarn. Guy is the Chuck Norris of Star Wars. Back up or he'll kick you in the face, shoot you in the nuts then slice you in half and not get any on the beard.

Kyle Katarn isn't really all that. Sure he is a strong Jedi Master, but others have done more stuff then he has. I'm not recalling any big displays of power from him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yea, no way does Satele even make the top 20 list, she failed to defeat Darth Baras as a jedi master and really hasn't defeated anyone noteworthy, at least Jaric Kaedan mastered Form Vii and defeated th dread masters, while Master Wyelete defeated Baras.

Also I am surprised no one has nominated Obi-Wan, so...I nominate Obi-Wan. :p
Kenobi is no doubt powerful, but I feel he is outmatched by the heavyweights of the Old Republic era i.e. Revan, Satele, Nomi and Thon.

Query: Is it ever stated that Nomi surpassed her Master, Thon? I would say she did as she was chosen to lead to Wall of Light, not Thon, and later she became Grand Master of the Order rather than anyone else. I'd say she's the most powerful Jedi of that very particular era.

Kenobi is no doubt powerful, but I feel he is outmatched by the heavyweights of the Old Republic era i.e. Revan, Satele, Nomi and Thon.

Query: Is it ever stated that Nomi surpassed her Master, Thon? I would say she did as she was chosen to lead to Wall of Light, not Thon, and later she became Grand Master of the Order rather than anyone else. I'd say she's the most powerful Jedi of that very particular era.

Obi-Wan outclassed by Revan and Satele? What?...By what suggests this?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Obi-Wan outclassed by Revan and Satele? What?...By what suggests this?
The have performed far more exceptional feats than he has ever done. Really all Obi-Wan did was take the basics and perform them to a high standard.

Revan and Satele among others have gone above and beyond on more than one occasion.

The have performed far more exceptional feats than he has ever done. Really all Obi-Wan did was take the basics and perform them to a high standard.

Revan and Satele among others have gone above and beyond on more than one occasion.

Proof? Though now wait a second....now were encompassing all feats, instead of just 1 thing now?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi