Recruitment Thread For RWZ Teams

iheartnyc

Since that other thread seems to be focused on teams that are currently queing, and I've been seeing a lot of /general messages from teams recruiting for their RWZ teams which appear to be new teams, I though it would be helpful to open up this resource to facilitate recruitment efforts, and let potential players know where they may find a place. So keeping it simple, if you are a guild that's focused on creating a RWZ team, please reply with the following:

Team Name:

Officers: (including PVP officer in charge of rateds)

Guild type: (PVE with a RWZ team / only do RWZs / casual PVP guild with RWZ team)

Number of Active Members:

Current Number on Core RWZ Team:

Prior Experience in RWZ: (list approx. games played and win ratio)

Times Playing/Queing: (including Time Zone)

Most Needed Classes:

Note: If your team is no longer recruiting, or has already filled an A-team AND a B-team, and any future recruit would have no serious chance of doing ranked with you, then it would be helpful for you to indicate this.

Hopefully this will help people who are looking for a team know where to look, and help those teams that need a few extra bodies fill their teams.

Edited by iheartnyc

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guild name: Scope's Heaven

Officers: Scopeate

Guild type: hardcore RWZ

Number of Active Members: 1 so far

Current Number on Core RWZ Team: 1 so far

Prior Experience in RWZ: 6-0 in RWZ's

Times Playing/Queing: PST nights

Most Needed Classes: All except stupid powertechs

Guild name: Scope's Heaven

Officers: Scopeate

Guild type: hardcore RWZ

Number of Active Members: 1 so far

Current Number on Core RWZ Team: 1 so far

Prior Experience in RWZ: 6-0 in RWZ's

Times Playing/Queing: PST nights

Most Needed Classes: All except stupid powertechs

my powertech is looking for a guild? Is your guild in need of powertechs?

I make a thread to help out the community and I get trolled. Never again.

Breakfast will help you / the thread out.

Guild Name: Breakfast

Team Name: It's Breakfast Time B****!

Officers: Whisper anyone in Breakfast

Guild type: (RWZ)

Number of Active Members: 7

Current Number on Core RWZ Team: 6

Times Playing/Queing: (8pm-12am server time)

Most Needed Classes: Scoundrel Heals, Commando or Sage DPS, "TANK"

Looking for players for the A team, who can go on a constant basis.....

p.s.Now let the trolling begin

To be honest we haven't had any community events for the longest time. Maniac tried to do the toruny thing, but there wasn't enough interest(I think he got trolled as well), even with all the goodies he offered. It just shows that no one here really cares enough to do anything community wise. I mean we had a lot of guilds transfer, but there really was no real welcome other than RWZ. Some of the players in the top guilds act like they don't care about anything else but actual competition in RWZ, and if they do it's for comm farming purposes. I guess kickball is nice now and then. I don't understand why you're getting trolled, it helps no one at all and hurts the community.

Edited by Aewu

To be honest we haven't had any community events for the longest time. Maniac tried to do the toruny thing, but there wasn't enough interest(I think he got trolled as well), even with all the goodies he offered. It just shows that no one here really cares enough to do anything community wise. I mean we had a lot of guilds transfer, but there really was no real welcome other than RWZ. Some of the players in the top guilds act like they don't care about anything else but actual competition in RWZ, and if they do it's for comm farming purposes. I guess kickball is nice now and then. I don't understand why you're getting trolled, it helps no one at all and hurts the community.

pot5 ;)

We actually have had a lot of community events here on the bastion. We have done the speeder racing, 1v1 tourney, and the 2v2 tournament. The thing about maniac's tournament was at first he was asking for a lot of money from each team. I think it was around 1 mil a team and the prize for first place some money and cartel packs? I think someone showed it that maniac was going to be able to pocket around 3 mil from the event alone. After that he changed the entry to around 200k but nobody still wanted to trust a random stranger with money. The thing that has made scold events successful is the fact it's not set on one particular day. It was spread out throughout weeks, which allowed people to do it on a time they found fit. Maniac tournament was on a Sunday and a lot of people use Sunday noontime to hang out with family, go out to eat. So it was pretty hard to spark interest under these conditions

We actually have had a lot of community events here on the bastion. We have done the speeder racing, 1v1 tourney, and the 2v2 tournament. The thing about maniac's tournament was at first he was asking for a lot of money from each team. I think it was around 1 mil a team and the prize for first place some money and cartel packs? I think someone showed it that maniac was going to be able to pocket around 3 mil from the event alone. After that he changed the entry to around 200k but nobody still wanted to trust a random stranger with money. The thing that has made scold events successful is the fact it's not set on one particular day. It was spread out throughout weeks, which allowed people to do it on a time they found fit. Maniac tournament was on a Sunday and a lot of people use Sunday noontime to hang out with family, go out to eat. So it was pretty hard to spark interest under these conditions

What I'm saying is it's has been a long time since we had one.

When Cilas first did these world events he was not getting the turnout he did now. He just kept on doing them and posting them on youtube. It got more and more popular and eventually it became what it is now. If our community wants something like this the person running the event has to keep doing it without getting discouraged. I would say this on pot5 the pvp tournaments (3v3, 4v4, 2v2, etc....) all had the same issues as Bastion. I went to one of these world pvp events on pot5 and it is fun for the first few minutes then just gets redundant.

When Cilas first did these world events he was not getting the turnout he did now. He just kept on doing them and posting them on youtube. It got more and more popular and eventually it became what it is now. If our community wants something like this the person running the event has to keep doing it without getting discouraged. I would say this on pot5 the pvp tournaments (3v3, 4v4, 2v2, etc....) all had the same issues as Bastion. I went to one of these world pvp events on pot5 and it is fun for the first few minutes then just gets redundant.

Yeah that's a good point. To bad we don't have any event planner saints.

How did you think this thread was gonna go? It's more than a little redundant, Guild Recruitment section is there for a reason. Plus all this stuff can be done just as easily in-game. Not to mention the better ranked teams will spot you and invite you if they need you.

Breakfast will help you / the thread out.

Guild Name: Breakfast

Team Name: It's Breakfast Time B****!

Officers: Whisper anyone in Breakfast

Guild type: (RWZ)

Number of Active Members: 7

Current Number on Core RWZ Team: 6

Times Playing/Queing: (8pm-12am server time)

Most Needed Classes: Scoundrel Heals, Commando or Sage DPS, "TANK"

Looking for players for the A team, who can go on a constant basis.....

p.s.Now let the trolling begin

I am a commando dps/tank guardian. Hit me up if you need another, and you can check out my experience at http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

Most transfers looking for guilds are regstars who come over guns blazing talking big **** because they are valor 94, can get 600k damage in a Voidstar, or are a rank one glad every season of WoW. And they only want to play with the top teams on the server because they're #1 bestia killa.

Most of the top teams already have a strong core and don't really need to recruit because it's easiest to just play with who you know.

Guild matchmaking is a tough thing these days.

Most transfers looking for guilds are regstars who come over guns blazing talking big **** because they are valor 94, can get 600k damage in a Voidstar, or are a rank one glad every season of WoW. And they only want to play with the top teams on the server because they're #1 bestia killa.

Most of the top teams already have a strong core and don't really need to recruit because it's easiest to just play with who you know.

Guild matchmaking is a tough thing these days.

I doubt a regstar would be a rank one glad for one season let alone multiple seasons and there never was someone who did it every season.

Rank one glads would probably just start dominating regs to the point where you would take notice of them because other players server wide would be complaining about how said god like player is ruining them every time they come across them. The said rank one glad every season player would be able to beat 8 man guild groups with a full pug group on every map becuse ...well he's a rank one glad and they make lesser guild groups look foolish and spoil there fun of curb stomping pugs.

Eventually this player would just tell his other rank 1 glad team mates of this easy pvp game and that they should play it and reach rank 1 here which they would do since they're sitting on there rank 1 title in wow waiting for the season to end. They would come over and beat all the top teams then laugh and stop playing with the top ranking of any guild on the server.

So if anyone tells you they were a rank one glad I would tell them shenanigans and put them on ignore unti lyou see them beating everyone then take them off ignore and ask them if you can join his guild and /gquit yours.

I doubt a regstar would be a rank one glad for one season let alone multiple seasons and there never was someone who did it every season.

Rank one glads would probably just start dominating regs to the point where you would take notice of them because other players server wide would be complaining about how said god like player is ruining them every time they come across them. The said rank one glad every season player would be able to beat 8 man guild groups with a full pug group on every map becuse ...well he's a rank one glad and they make lesser guild groups look foolish and spoil there fun of curb stomping pugs.

Eventually this player would just tell his other rank 1 glad team mates of this easy pvp game and that they should play it and reach rank 1 here which they would do since they're sitting on there rank 1 title in wow waiting for the season to end. They would come over and beat all the top teams then laugh and stop playing with the top ranking of any guild on the server.

So if anyone tells you they were a rank one glad I would tell them shenanigans and put them on ignore unti lyou see them beating everyone then take them off ignore and ask them if you can join his guild and /gquit yours.

From what i can see im the only Rankone walking around.

Lot of talk for the same exact **** from wow players. Kind of funny really, the only difference in the gameplay is the size of the player pool. Which obviously makes it more impressive but let's get real, these games are pretty damn simple and granted some players may play perfectly but it's not hard with some time spent to get to the limits of your character.......And obviously learn pertinent information about other classes. May be a slight gap but nothing even close to as drastic as 1 v 8 wins lol

How did you think this thread was gonna go? It's more than a little redundant, Guild Recruitment section is there for a reason. Plus all this stuff can be done just as easily in-game. Not to mention the better ranked teams will spot you and invite you if they need you.

I agree the top guilds won't have a problem spotting talent and filling their ranks. But for other teams, it's easy to get lost in the crowd. I've encountered at least 3 guilds alone on Monday who were each trying to get a team together to que for ranked, and each one was short just 1 or 2 players. Several more are just short 3 or so players preventing them from queing up for ranked at all. I've also seen probably at least 3 guys posting general chat last night looking for a PVP guild to do ranked with. But then an ambitious guild is not going to want to spam fleet chat for ranked for fear of looking like a scrub auto-invite guild, which nobody will want to join.

Also, if a team needs a Shadow node-guard to fill their 8th spot, obviously any available Shadow should probably go there as opposed to a general "PVP guild" that already has 5 Shadows and 6 other players with a Shadow alt, so that recruit will just get lost and forgotten and discouraged and end up /gquitting.

Anyways, I'm sure there are plenty of "B" team players in top teams who rarely get any games but are only sticking around due to social reasons. And there are probably plenty of bad teams that simply have no potential of getting better unless they replace some players from their "core" team with better players or change their team composition. And then there are going to be those teams that can get better, but just need 1 or 2 experienced RWZ players to show them the way. My guess is that there are an additional 5-6 teams out there that are on the "cusp" of being able to put together a competitive RWZ team on this server that have not yet been able to do so. Whether these teams make it, or end up giving up and dissolving, is really up to our ability to link the right players to the right teams, and maybe a leap of faith from a few good players from being simply a B-team player for a top team to maybe taking on a leadership role at a new team.

General chat/fleet chat is so dependent upon who happens to be in fleet at that exact time (and not on an Alt or a WZ or another instance), so the point of my OP was to leave a permanent record and point of reference to overcome these difficulties.

Edited by iheartnyc

I agree the top guilds won't have a problem spotting talent and filling their ranks. But for other teams, it's easy to get lost in the crowd. I've encountered at least 3 guilds alone on Monday who were each trying to get a team together to que for ranked, and each one was short just 1 or 2 players. Several more are just short 3 or so players preventing them from queing up for ranked at all. I've also seen probably at least 3 guys posting general chat last night looking for a PVP guild to do ranked with. But then an ambitious guild is not going to want to spam fleet chat for ranked for fear of looking like a scrub auto-invite guild, which nobody will want to join.

Also, if a team needs a Shadow node-guard to fill their 8th spot, obviously any available Shadow should probably go there as opposed to a general "PVP guild" that already has 5 Shadows and 6 other players with a Shadow alt, so that recruit will just get lost and forgotten and discouraged and end up /gquitting.

Anyways, I'm sure there are plenty of "B" team players in top teams who rarely get any games but are only sticking around due to social reasons. And there are probably plenty of bad teams that simply have no potential of getting better unless they replace some players from their "core" team with better players or change their team composition. And then there are going to be those teams that can get better, but just need 1 or 2 experienced RWZ players to show them the way. My guess is that there are an additional 5-6 teams out there that are on the "cusp" of being able to put together a competitive RWZ team on this server that have not yet been able to do so. Whether these teams make it, or end up giving up and dissolving, is really up to our ability to link the right players to the right teams, and maybe a leap of faith from a few good players from being simply a B-team player for a top team to maybe taking on a leadership role at a new team.

General chat/fleet chat is so dependent upon who happens to be in fleet at that exact time (and not on an Alt or a WZ or another instance), so the point of my OP was to leave a permanent record and point of reference to overcome these difficulties.

...passes the reins to eliteduelist

Not to mention the better ranked teams will spot you and invite you if they need you.

This is certainly not the case. They will pull from other ranked guilds they play against rather than pick up an unproven/semiproven.

This is the truth.

Edited by haterglowstick

This was a good read. So the bastion has undiscovered potential. Sounds enticing. I like the ideas you display for coordinating higher levels of warzone play. There must be the possibility of some sort of official rwz hub, or at least should be.