Assassin vs Shadow 1v1?

Zackmack

From my understanding the Shadow actually has an advantage in this one, reason being that when a Shadows stance crits it will proc exploitive strike where a sins does not do this. I'm not sure though if this was every fixed but regardless of that it wouldn't make a difference unless discharge didn't crit with the 60% crit buff.

I remember reading that project (Shadow ability) doesn't apply its damage until the animation plays, while shock (Assassin mirror ability) applies its damage immediately. So if that's true, then Assassin's would win at a greater than 50% pace. I'm guessing something very marginal, like 50.1% :p I think what others have said is true, whoever gets the first hit in wins greatly increases their odds of winning, and that'd make more of a difference than some delay in the application of damage for one ability. Edited by gocard

Assassin vs Shadow 1v1?

who wouid win?

same gear, same skill level.

if = skilled the player that got the first hit out of stealth would be at an advantage and win . There direct mirrors both gear spec and skill.

Edited by Neoforcer

This maybe true, I haven't played a shadow in forever but sins have lots of hitching issues.

Dunno, I run both Shadow and Sin, and I haven't noticed any significant differences in this regard.

Shadow animations have less hitching issues as well.

Same thoughts here, I play both and within my experiences and feelings, the shadow animations are alot "smoother" and have a shorter duration time (personal feeling only!). Eventually it's my personal impression only, but I have the same experiences as Racter ....

Dunno, I run both Shadow and Sin, and I haven't noticed any significant differences in this regard.

^This. I've had both Shadow Strike and Maul hitch before, and noticed very little difference in play feel between Shadow and Sin.

Edited by RGMetal

I remember reading that project (Shadow ability) doesn't apply its damage until the animation plays, while shock (Assassin mirror ability) applies its damage immediately. So if that's true, then Assassin's would win at a greater than 50% pace. I'm guessing something very marginal, like 50.1% :p I think what others have said is true, whoever gets the first hit in wins greatly increases their odds of winning, and that'd make more of a difference than some delay in the application of damage for one ability.

That was changed, the small rocks in the beginning applies the damage. Beside if that wasn't true, it would make no difference, but once the ability is activated both will do the same damage.

well, FOTM reroller will lose...

specially ex vanguards/PTs who run out of stealth with no accuracy on their gear...

dueled one guy 3 times last night on a WZ, every time he went look for me out of stealth. didn't even use his CD, and used CC break after spike...

oh, and he tied to use whirlwind..

I've had Shadow Strike fail to go off in many duels at a node. One night I would swear it had almost a 60% fail rate. Sometimes failing as many as three times in a row. Haven't had as many issues with Spinning Strike as people say there is with Assassinate, I've never played a Sin so I don't know.

I've had Shadow Strike fail to go off in many duels at a node. One night I would swear it had almost a 60% fail rate. Sometimes failing as many as three times in a row. Haven't had as many issues with Spinning Strike as people say there is with Assassinate, I've never played a Sin so I don't know.

this comes from people with lack of accuracy.

one of things they didn't biofail is, when SS/Maul fails it doesn't lose a proc and you can hit that button again.

this comes from people with lack of accuracy.

one of things they didn't biofail is, when SS/Maul fails it doesn't lose a proc and you can hit that button again.

I didn't say missed I said failed. I know what a miss is.

When your char goes through half an animation, a GCD goes off and there is no fly over text that is a failed ability not a miss.

Glad we have 3 pages of people trying to find a reason one class is better than it's mirror. If you think one side is bugged, go post in the bug forum where it belongs with your screenshots and combat logs, otherwise these classes are the same.

I didn't say missed I said failed. I know what a miss is.

When your char goes through half an animation, a GCD goes off and there is no fly over text that is a failed ability not a miss.

ah, yeah, that is annoying. can't say I expierienced much of it besides few glitches which seemed more like sync lag.

more annoying is 'I'm behind target, back attack is active, hit back attack and boom 'you are not behind target'' - well thank you very much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.