Give Bioware feedback please

Ignobull

If you care about your next companion for the next patch (2.3) please take time to post on the pts forum. Bioware needs feedback on these things.

The new companion is a female Ewok. Endor is discovered by the Empire around the time of the clone wars, this is why the Ewoks are so primitive in Return of the Jedi. If you do not like lore breaking, or if you would rather see a different companion please slip over to the pts forums and give bioware some feedback

Thanks

there's a lot of planets in the star wars universe. I don't see why a moon being discovered multiple times over thousands of years would be lore breaking at all. In the clone wars nobody knew that Kamino existed just by removing the records of it and that planet had a highly advanced basic speaking population. Seems believable that Endor would be discovered and forgotten many times.

If you care about your next companion for the next patch (2.3) please take time to post on the pts forum. Bioware needs feedback on these things.

The new companion is a female Ewok. Endor is discovered by the Empire around the time of the clone wars, this is why the Ewoks are so primitive in Return of the Jedi. If you do not like lore breaking, or if you would rather see a different companion please slip over to the pts forums and give bioware some feedback

Thanks

Actually, it is not lore braking . . .

Treek explains that a ship crashed on her home planet, which I assume means the forest moon of Endor. She found them and offered help but they refused, shooting at her. Over the next few days, she killed them all apart from the droid. That droid surrendered and took Treek to Nar Shaddaa, where she made contacts and became a mercenary for hire. There is nothing lore braking here, nobody even knows what species she is, let alone where she came from!

Edited by Cyberwoman

Actually, it is not lore braking . . .

Treek explains that a ship crashed on her home planet, which I assume means Endor. She found them and offered help but they refused, shooting at her. Over the next few days, she killed them all apart from the droid. That droid surrendered and took Treek to Nar Shaddaa, where she made contacts and became a mercenary for hire. There is nothing lore braking here, nobody even knows what species she is, let alone where she came from!

There is going to be more than one, anyone who buys the companion will have her. It might make sense if you were the only one, but how do you reason seeing them all over the place.

There is going to be more than one, anyone who buys the companion will have her. It might make sense if you were the only one, but how do you reason seeing them all over the place.

that's the same problem every companion in the game has.

Because video games. Same way you reason seeing a dozen other folks running around with the same lore gear on. There aren't 12 masks of Darth What'shisface, there's only one, but this is a multiplayer video game so you make continuity sacrifices for the sake of better game design.

Also, feedback about how we don't like this companion isn't going to change this companion now; it's way too late. Give them feedback about the next companion maybe.

Edited by ReverendAnderson

that's the same problem every companion in the game has.

Exactly. Every companion is meant to be unique in the Star Wars universe, be they Khem, SCORPIO etc . . . how is Treek any different? Its not lore-braking.

I get the feeling that this argument may have less to do with lore, and simply down to a dislike of Ewoks . . .

Edited by Cyberwoman

Rail against the COMPLETELY OPTIONAL companion. Let the fact that for some reason, Chiss are well-known in this galaxy, but in the next 3000 years, all record and memory of them will be wiped from galactic memory...

That makes sense.

Khlem is not the only one of his species(companion storyline). Also there are tons of droids about, explaining Scorpio.

As for the mask comment or armor comment, it is not like armor or masks were just discovered, this is an entire race being added into the game, it is like giving Gandalf a spaceship, this is world changing.

Your so slow it's sad. Stuff like this has been argued in every MMO. Treat this like it was a single player game and ignore the thousand others, there is only one Treek. There cant be a thousand Treeks.

Lore-wise there is only one Elera, Khem, Blizz, Vette, etc. Why is Treek any different?

Edited by Desolaytore

Khlem is not the only one of his species(companion storyline). Also there are tons of droids about, explaining Scorpio.

As for the mask comment or armor comment, it is not like armor or masks were just discovered, this is an entire race being added into the game, it is like giving Gandalf a spaceship, this is world changing.

No it isn't. I seriously am failing to understand how you see this as lore -braking? :confused:

This is one, individual Ewok being added as an optional companion. Treek will be the only Ewok outside of the moon of Endor. Yes, you may see other Ewoks around the fleet but they are just copies of one individual Ewok. This is not lore-braking.

How do you see reason in being one of the 1 million Emperor's Wraths?

Or one of the millions of Barsen'thors?

Exactly. Lore in this game should be treated via your experience as a character, not a player.

Edited by Cyberwoman

"Think of it this way, we are living in the Star Wars universe at a certain point in time, what came before and after are set (according to lore) There is a point in time when a certain species is introduced into the history of the universe, the point that the companions species is introduced is not the time we are living in. We can debate about weather each companion is unique to each person playing the mmo, but it is the introduction of a completely new species that is the problem."

"Think of it this way, we are living in the Star Wars universe at a certain point in time, what came before and after are set (according to lore) There is a point in time when a certain species is introduced into the history of the universe, the point that the companions species is introduced is not the time we are living in. We can debate about weather each companion is unique to each person playing the mmo, but it is the introduction of a completely new species that is the problem."

Its only a problem if you insist on making it one. You assume that nothing is ever lost or forgotten, that's not how it is in real life, why should fiction be any different? Columbus got credit for discovering north America for a long time, but he certainly wasn't the first to do so. Inconsistencies like this make the Star Wars fiction more believable to me, not less. It is much more realistic for the history of Star Wars to be as flawed as our own, 100% all knowing, never wrong canon would be stale and lifeless.

is this a joke, a ewok companion are you freking kidding me?

my god bioware how much lower can you sink.

An optional companion. Not everybody feels the same way about Ewoks as you do, and she has a good backstory. Also, she is a healer/tank.

Look on the bright side, at least you can kill this companion over and over again if you like... :(

Edited by Cyberwoman

No they are not introducing a new species. They are introducing one member of a species no one has an idea what it is in this setting.

We may know what it is but if you want to get techincial about it no one knows what it is in this time period and it that regard you are overstepping what is released. It is not mention it is an ewok in the dialogue. No where is it mentioned that this is an ewok.

and Note remember the requirements for the getting this companion makes it where not everyone will have one.

Requirements: Legacy Level 40

Credits -1M

So there are going to be quite a few that will not have it based on that requirements.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

We get a new ewok companion instead of more companion stories or SGR options with companions? :(

Oh well. Still a good thing!

It would have been great if they added a SGR companion, but at least an Ewok is cool and its a good hint that BW plan to add more companions in the future.

is this a joke, a ewok companion are you freking kidding me?

my god bioware how much lower can you sink.

i dont think they can go much lower, ewoks and jawas are the shortest things here, except for maybe the guys from bespin, the little piggy face guys

:rak_03: did you see what i did there?

Personally i'm Happy to see a Ewok Compaion Especially because Ewoks are 1 of my top 10 things i like most about star wars + i hate most Jawas so this Ewok compaion will piss off those ppl that love jawas and hate ewoks