Official BC Progression Thread 2.2

Tmanarl

No one said that I was making a legitimate claim to the kill and we should be recognized here as the first guild to complete it. I AGREED that it wasn't a legit mechanic completion and that Bartemaeus is making solid points to what is considered "exploitation". I merely stated for my own peace of mind and that of my guildmates and groupmates, I am not removing the downed boss from my site's Ops Tracker. That is my site on which I make the decisions. That has nothing to do with the community as a whole and nothing to do with trolling. So let's keep the conversation to a positive and stay on point, pretty please. :D

I take it as you claiming it on your site as claiming you beat it, even when probably most of the SWTOR community will not count it as a kill. But again its your choice on what you want to do, I'm just saying reign will not have my respect for claiming the kill on here or your site( which I am banned from for some reason).

Edited by raidmac

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying reign will not have my respect for claiming the kill on here or your site

Are you trying to say you will have no respect for REIGN or you do not see the kill as legit? Very blurry line there and it reads in a very negative light, which I was hoping we would stay away from.

I take it as you claiming it on your site as claiming you beat it, even when probably most of the SWTOR community will not count it as a kill. But again its your choice on what you want to do ....

Mr. T, if I may, what does the Enjin ops tracker say? Killed or Alive. We killed it. End of story. It shows the guild that we are PROGRESSING. Nothing more.

( which I am banned from for some reason).

That is another matter and is not for the community. I will talk to you in-game or in your TS (which I'm not allowed in:p) later today, if you are on.

I take it as you claiming it on your site as claiming you beat it, even when probably most of the SWTOR community will not count it as a kill. But again its your choice on what you want to do, I'm just saying reign will not have my respect for claiming the kill on here or your site( which I am banned from for some reason).

I came back to the BC forums for the first time to find that DJO is trying to assimilate the server. Thora, honestly just let them act how they want. They can only poison the waters so much. Now we just hope the OP is smart enough to avoid DJO. How delusional can someone be. Anyways, I hope its going well on this server. ;)

I came back to the BC forums for the first time to find that DJO is trying to assimilate the server. Thora, honestly just let them act how they want. They can only poison the waters so much. Now we just hope the OP is smart enough to avoid DJO. How delusional can someone be. Anyways, I hope its going well on this server. ;)

See Mr. T this is what I'm freakin talking about. I just want to be part of the community and I get dumped on. Is DJO/REIGN not allowed to be part of the cool kids club. We get this yahoo coming in here ruining the point of this thread with his uninformed, non-constructive comments.

Furthermore, why is it this thread has 3 pages of replies and as soon as a DJO/REIGN person says anything it jumps to 6? Mob mentality at work again. For the last time, because I lack the patience and energy, don't count it as REIGN's progression. Thank you and have a pleasent tomorrow. :D

Pictures as required

Picture 1

Picture 2

Edited by Regnar

I genuinely feel bad for you. I honestly, and genuinely feel bad for you. You must have the worst life ever. Honestly, you must have a really crappy Job/Wife/Something. But Sheesh. I feel bad for you. I do hope your life improves, that is just a really bad predicament.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

For Rybe's blatant attack on Megan, I am recommending that we remove them from posting in this forum. In no situation is it okay to say this about anyone. And because Rybes is the GM/ leader of reign his actions should not go unpunished

Ok so i was just passing by and i found this comment and wow ... im from ecuador tiny little country and i dont understand everything in how northamerica manners are ( and im not judging them) but man learn to respect i mean shes a woman ... back up and think that your mom is a lady too and you wont like if someone call her the same way you call megan and i think you owe her an apology

Regnar, I respect what you're trying to do here, but there's a difference between allowing your members to express themselves and allowing them to rampage about like children. I don't always agree with what Ascension members post on the forums, but I'm also pretty sure they haven't engaged in this level of personal attack. REIGN members have wronged me in the past, but I didn't come to the forums, and I certainly didn't resort to insulting them. I noted it and moved on.

Say what you want about me. But an attack like this on one of my guild's members? I'm forced to hold your guild responsible as an entity for that, since I have no idea who Ajumawins even is.

I won't stand for this nonsense.

Edited by Zenithan

The sweet spot that I'm talking about is about ten or so meters in front of the walker (between the walker and the center siege droid). Healers and ranged dps can stand there during the siege droid phase. Depending on the strategy, the majority of the raid group can stand there during the add phase. The entire raid group can stand there while fighting the first and second Baradium Bomber (7 out of 8 for the third bomber) and completely ignore saturation fire.

Also, would using a sage's Rescue on someone who is zip-lining up a walker count as an exploit? It allows the raid group to ignore what seems to be the developers' intended mechanic, i.e. having to heal through the damage that results from planting the bomb in the walker.

You're wrong. Here is why. By skipping the zip-line up the walker you are essentially mitigating damage. That can be done via bubble or simply healing up the taken damage. You are not dodging a mechanic. By standing in the sweat spot which is really only used by healers and rDPS you are dodging saturation situationally. You cannot sit there for most of the fight. Lastly NiM Kephess is actually a hard fight and by doing both of these things you really aren't making it much easier.

Pulling Dash OUT of the sandstorm essentially making it a tank and spank is completely avoiding all mechanics of the fight. It is just as bad as when you could pull thrasher into the sarlac pit and kill it without even putting a single point of damage into it. That is your difference. Dispute me all you want you are trying to make something out of nothing.

You my boy are a pathetic little child. One who simply needs to grow up. To attack Megan out of all people is uncalled for. I may not always see eye to eye with what Megan has to say but I can say this. If there was an award for nicest and most helpful person on this server. Megan would win that award year in and year out.

And are you even smart enough to understand what Diabetes is? I mean by simply reading your post you seem to be a 4 year old child who got his toy taken away and he is super pissed out it and needs to rant about it.

People of REIGN/DJO claim that the whole server is against them and it is unwarranted. That we are so jealous of their supremacy (lolwut?) that we need to all tackle them collaboratively. The people of BC do not dislike DJO/REIGN because of the size of the guild but because of examples like this one. Arrogant immature little children who simply resort to personal attacks because they do not know how to properly handle a situation. You want to earn the respect of the community? Then start acting mature and cut the crap.

Regnar I appreciate what you are trying to do when it comes down to controlling this stupidity but this is the PRIME reason why people do not like REIGN/DJO. If there was an example THAT would be the example. That attitude is just unwarranted. And the funny thing is. If that is any resemblance as to how his/her real attitude is in real life scenarios then I really feel bad for the guy. He won't make it 1 day in the real world. He'll fail miserably.

Never thought I'd be the voice of reason here, but let's give it a shot:

People, please. Of course, it may be kind of weird for you to see it this way, but both members here of DJO/REIGN are, in fact, trolls. Regnar and Ajumawins are attempting to incite anger and hostile actions from the members of this server community through an actually simple system, using a path similar to something like "good cop, bad cop".

The obvious troll, who is blatantly insulting another with the obese woman comment above, is obvious. However, the second troll comes in the form of a Regnar, who is trying to paint an image of reason and respectful defense of his guild. However, if you look at it, it's very clear that this member is also trolling considering that he has not taken action against his guildie for the clear disrespect and harassment of other server community members, which he is attempting to fool you all into believing he, along with many members of his guild, is respectable.

If this "co-leader" of REIGN was really interested in creating a respectful relation with the server community as he tries to do in the posts above, why would he continue to allow this "Ajumawins", who claims to be an officer of REIGN, continue to post around with his tag without so much as a "this person isn't apart of our guild"? This is not the first thread this two have derailed, and it is clear that they are both trolling by not only Regnar's lack of recognition of his guild officer's trolling, but actual support of it by criticizing forum members for falling for it (See the QQ thread where he criticizes Konts for not talking to him instead of Ajuma, saying something about realizing pigs enjoy rolling around in mud and all that.)

Sorry guys, but those of you who are smarter than this, realize that a real co-leader from a respectable guild would not allow a member of their officer core to run around these forums and make comments like the one above without banning a member that continues to troll with their tag. They are both trolling you, in an attempt to incite anger, which they have clearly accomplished.

So in order to preserve a records thread from further derailment and deletion, I would advise you guys just ignore members of that joke of community's posts, as I'm sure the OP knows to avoid their attempts at records. Personally, I would love to continue this mudslinging fest too, but let's be respectful to the OP's thread of records and move on.

This is not acceptable, not only is it against the terms of service to call out another player but to slander them is just out of line. I respectfully ask that BW look into this persons account and see the type of comments that have been made by them.

Regnar, as other people have already stated the reason why your guild has a low reputation on the server is exactly because of this type of vitriol being spewed by your members. As one of the officers in the guild I am in I would have voted to kick this person out a long time ago. If they are the GM I would have left the guild.

The type of behaviour that Ajumawins is exhibiting on both the forums and in game (assuming they are Rybes) would in most games be enough to get perma-banned.

While a lot of the members of BC may have differing opinions on in-game features I don't think any of us would accept this type of behaviour in our guilds and one of the reasons we have over the last year been able to foster a strong sense of community is due to the ability of the vast majority of players being respectful to each other. I admit we did have a period of time where certain PVP players were measuring their glowsticks and the BW admins had to come in to delete the threads but on the whole most of the discussions on this forum are cordial or at worse minor banter.

Please stop de-railing the threads. In future if you want to post on a progression or records thread just post in the format that the OP has denoted and apply a screenshot where appropriate (no doctoring screenshots as has been proved on the PVP records thread), no further comments need to be made. Comments such as good job, nice work, well done, are acceptable. The OP will decide whether to accept the progression/record.

This will be my last post on the SWTOR forums.

I am severely disappointed in what this all turned into. I wanted to have my guild entered into the community progression and posted accordingly. No where were there rules posted, but I did say I was fine with not claiming the kill as a clear "per the community". But in no way was I going to be told what I can and cannot post on MY operation tracker on MY site. The fact that no one responds or listens to me is shocking to say the least. Numerous times I replied with "let's stay on point" and "I don't want negativity on this thread". What happened? You guessed it, derailed by mob mentality once again. If DJO/REIGN is not welcome on the forums or to be a part of the community then so be it. But don't sit back and pretend that if H&R or DL posted what I posted about NiM Dash that the reaction would have been the same. The thread OP would have come in and said "No that doesn't count" and that would have been the end of it, but not for DJO.... DISAPPOINTING!

As far as Ajuma goes, I have no clue who he is or why he posts what he posts. I don't know why people think he is part of DJO/REIGN just because he posts that he is management. I can put whatever I want in as my signature. At one point he was saying he was Battkt from H&R. So saying I need to put a stop to this is ridiculous and can not be accomplished. So go on and continue to eat up whatever is thrown at you to continue this feeling of supremacy... DISAPPOINTING!

I am just so overwhelmed with disappointment and sadness that so many of you lack to see the potential of being cordial and working with such a large guild such as REIGN. Last night a guild that we raid with often decided that they didn't want to run with REIGN anymore just because of what was being said here by the community. Now if that isn't being bullied into a frame of mind by the fear of being outcast by "the elite" I don't know what is. Fact of the matter is we run 4 sets of 16man TfB, S&V,TC, and our HM progression groups every week. We don't NEED to include any other guilds to complete content but thought it was fun running with people we thought could see past all the BS (created in places like this) and that were our friends.... DISAPPOINTING!

Sorry it ended up this way, but it was steered here once you all jumped down my throat. You only have yourselves to blame for being shallow and petty, AGAIN! We just wanted to be part of "the community".... DISAPPOINTING!

See you all around the fleet!

P.S. If you didn't see it the first time.... DISAPPOINTING!

/ignore

Edited by Regnar

Is it possible to perma ban someone for saying something like this? I mean, how I was raised anyone who talks like this about anyone else would get some come-uppance, and if said about a woman, well, you can imagine my position on this. In all honesty, I'm sick of DJO/Reign's drama on these forums lately. Their attitude reminds me of star treck's BORG. "resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.". Something needs to be done, as even though I have met some good guys in that guild, they are seriously giving this server a bad name.

This will be my last post on the SWTOR forums.

I am severely disappointed in what this all turned into. I wanted to have my guild entered into the community progression and posted accordingly. No where were there rules posted, but I did say I was fine with not claiming the kill as a clear "per the community". But in no way was I going to be told what I can and cannot post on MY operation tracker on MY site. The fact that no one responds or listens to me is shocking to say the least. Numerous times I replied with "let's stay on point" and "I don't want negativity on this thread". What happened? You guessed it, derailed by mob mentality once again. If DJO/REIGN is not welcome on the forums or to be a part of the community then so be it. But don't sit back and pretend that if H&R or DL posted what I posted about NiM Dash that the reaction would have been the same. The thread OP would have come in and said "No that doesn't count" and that would have been the end of it, but not for DJO.... DISAPPOINTING!

As far as Ajuma goes, I have no clue who he is or why he posts what he posts. I don't know why people think he is part of DJO/REIGN just because he posts that he is management. I can put whatever I want in as my signature. At one point he was saying he was Battkt from H&R. So saying I need to put a stop to this is ridiculous and can not be accomplished. So go on and continue to eat up whatever is thrown at you to continue this feeling of supremacy... DISAPPOINTING!

I am just so overwhelmed with disappointment and sadness that so many of you lack to see the potential of being cordial and working with such a large guild such as REIGN. Last night a guild that we raid with often decided that they didn't want to run with REIGN anymore just because of what was being said here by the community. Now if that isn't being bullied into a frame of mind by the fear of being outcast by "the elite" I don't know what is. Fact of the matter is we run 4 sets of 16man TfB, S&V,TC, and our HM progression groups every week. We don't NEED to include any other guilds to complete content but thought it was fun running with people we thought could see past all the BS (created in places like this) and that were our friends.... DISAPPOINTING!

Sorry it ended up this way, but it was steered here once you all jumped down my throat. You only have yourselves to blame for being shallow and petty, AGAIN! We just wanted to be part of "the community".... DISAPPOINTING!

See you all around the fleet!

P.S. If you didn't see it the first time.... DISAPPOINTING!

/ignore

Two things before I never say anything about this topic again, I would never allow my guild to cheat a boss and claim a kill on it to the server, we have known for a while that you can fight dash and ignore all the mechanics. Would we attempt is before we could actually kill him? no, and if we did the people of the community would treat us the exactly as they have treated Reign. And if the lemmings did it, which I know they would not, they would get the same treatment. And this is why no one here did this with Zorn and Toth, dont CHEAT and claim you did something.

Lastly, on my many occasions you and other people have admitted to me in game that Ajumawins is indeed rybes Mcnasty, so dont tell me you dont know who it is. Its disgusting that you and your guild supports someone like him. And dont you dare to try to pin this on Battkt again, everyone who knows him in game knows he would never say anything like that.

Edited by raidmac

Never thought I'd be the voice of reason here, but let's give it a shot:

People, please. Of course, it may be kind of weird for you to see it this way, but both members here of DJO/REIGN are, in fact, trolls. Regnar and Ajumawins are attempting to incite anger and hostile actions from the members of this server community through an actually simple system, using a path similar to something like "good cop, bad cop".

The obvious troll, who is blatantly insulting another with the obese woman comment above, is obvious. However, the second troll comes in the form of a Regnar, who is trying to paint an image of reason and respectful defense of his guild. However, if you look at it, it's very clear that this member is also trolling considering that he has not taken action against his guildie for the clear disrespect and harassment of other server community members, which he is attempting to fool you all into believing he, along with many members of his guild, is respectable.

If this "co-leader" of REIGN was really interested in creating a respectful relation with the server community as he tries to do in the posts above, why would he continue to allow this "Ajumawins", who claims to be an officer of REIGN, continue to post around with his tag without so much as a "this person isn't apart of our guild"? This is not the first thread this two have derailed, and it is clear that they are both trolling by not only Regnar's lack of recognition of his guild officer's trolling, but actual support of it by criticizing forum members for falling for it (See the QQ thread where he criticizes Konts for not talking to him instead of Ajuma, saying something about realizing pigs enjoy rolling around in mud and all that.)

Sorry guys, but those of you who are smarter than this, realize that a real co-leader from a respectable guild would not allow a member of their officer core to run around these forums and make comments like the one above without banning a member that continues to troll with their tag. They are both trolling you, in an attempt to incite anger, which they have clearly accomplished.

So in order to preserve a records thread from further derailment and deletion, I would advise you guys just ignore members of that joke of community's posts, as I'm sure the OP knows to avoid their attempts at records. Personally, I would love to continue this mudslinging fest too, but let's be respectful to the OP's thread of records and move on.

This is true. But bioware really needs to take action, as trolls are sabatoging every thread on the server thread now.

This is Rybes leader of REIGN and I am stating that we are in no way affiliated with Ajuma nor care. Witch hunt needs to stop.

If Ajuma isn't associated with Reign, it sure does look mighty funny that he's the one who posted the Reign entry in the guild directory thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=649801&page=3

I guess that is on heck of a testament of the greatness of Reign, someone, not even associated with your guild, thinks you're so amazing that they're making sure your guild information is on the guild directory. Most impressive.

Alright guys, let's wrap this up. It's clear who Rybes is and it's also clear Ajuma is an acting member within their community. No need to argue with him to confirm it, we all know the truth.

I would like to ask, as I have a suspicion, if the NiM version of Stryak will possibly drop his mask as part of his loot? I have been looking around for server clears and more information on the loot, but I haven't found anything indicating what Stryak drops in the NiM version. If someone knows, could you possibly help me out? :D

Edited by ZooMzy

Boy oh boy I never knew our server was going for most locked and deleted posts due to pointless pages of arguing and repetition.

That aside count it or not, it's the OP's decision what to count and what not we don't need 20 post from people chiming in their opinions be concise (if you don't know what that is look it up).

All that was needed was a couple posts of opinions without any insulting, etc. and then the OP would make his decision end of story, you all are acting like little children, that's not fair that somebody did something that I don't agree with.

Those are my two cents and that's all I will be saying as I don't continue pointless arguing for more than a post or two.

Edited by Pride_Lion

Grab a beer, grab a seat, it’s time for a “Come To Jesus” speech.

Let me start by quoting the very last thing I said before all Hell broke loose:

Awesome! I would love to get some friendly competition started between BC's top guilds for the NiM server first distinction.

This was and still is my wish for us, but after 2 days, MULTIPLE PMs and 8 pages in this thread (3 of which are actual on-topic progression), it is clear to me that this is not the case. Friendly being the word that I was hoping to get across. What has transpired here recently is anything but.

Let’s start by identifying the overlying issues arising from this thread:

1. Should the NiM Dash’roode kill by REIGN be tracked in this thread and counted towards progression?

2. Should they be recognized with a “server first” distinction?

3. Should any kill by any guild that uses hacks, exploits, or tactics recognizably departing from the norm be tracked in this thread and counted towards progression?

4. If a single member of a guild makes disrespectful, sexist and vile comments on a public forum towards another guild or individual, should the entire guild be held responsible?

Let’s go through these 1 at a time.

1. Should the NiM Dash’roode kill by REIGN be tracked in this thread and counted towards progression?

This to me is a moot point as the declaration did not follow the pre-established ground rules discussed in the original post regarding screenshotting as proof of the kill. Here is a quote from the pertinent section:

Hard Mode/Nightmare Operations - When completing a new kill or full clear of a hard/nightmare mode operation, please post your guild name, raid size, difficulty and link to accompanying screenshot proving the kill.

This screenshot will need to show the following in order to be acceptable evidence:

1. Screenshot taken while still inside the instance.
  2. *If OpsLead, show phase info that details group size and difficulty.
  3. *If not OpsLead, show achievement which details group size and difficulty of boss kill.

As you know, in the past we have had some issues arising over the validity of claims of boss kills, and in order to combat that, this will be the system we use. Including a screenshot is really only for current max-level endgame content. We don't need to see screenshotted proof of Hard Mode Eternity Vault clear. But for current content HM and NiM, Screenshot or it didn't happen.

These rules were established at the creation of this thread to circumvent the issues that arose with the closing of the previous. As the pictures linked in the pages that followed did not satisfy the primary requirement of the screenshot being taken while still inside the instance, the kill will not count towards progression.

To me there is a sliding level of leeway when it comes to claims of boss kills. Any claims to boss kills on story mode do not require any kind of proof. These fights are certainly within reach of most competent guilds who approach them, and requiring a screenshot as proof will only waste everyone’s time, yours and mine included. Either way, if someone wishes to make a false claim of a story mode boss kill, they have their own problems (which I will discuss later).

Hard mode boss kills do require a certain level of proof, as the increase in difficulty also decreases the number of guilds who will successfully down it, thereby raising the chances of false claims being laid. A screenshot with obvious proof is thereby required.

Nightmare mode, ESPECIALLY for newly-released content which is currently the most difficult in the game, will require fairly rigid, undeniable proof. This is content that a very small percentage of guilds who attempt it will complete successfully. If there is any room for doubt on a claim of a Nightmare mode boss kill, it more than likely will not be acceptable. These rules are fair, equitable and only serve to uphold the integrity of this thread as well as the raiding community on Begeren Colony.

2. Should they be recognized with a “server first” distinction?

This also is irrelevant as the proper protocol was not followed.

Whenever we enter a race for server firsts on new content, a world clock showing UTC time will need to be added to the screenshot as well. For it to count as a server first completion, each boss must be cleared in the order they are encountered in the operation. Boss skipping is not progression and will not count towards a server first clear.

Fairly plainly written. In other progression threads I have viewed, this is the common, accepted practice. I have a feeling that server first distinctions are not terribly important to most guilds on our server, which is perfectly alright. If you want that distinction and are truly racing for it, toss in a clock.

3. Should any kill by any guild that uses hacks, exploits, or tactics recognizably departing from the norm be tracked in this thread and counted towards progression?

Here’s where the situation gets most convoluted and is frankly a difficult problem to come to a decision on. So many people feel VERY strongly on both sides of this issue that it will be impossible to come to a conclusion that will satisfy all parties. So let’s talk about it first. I used 3 terms in the question that while similar, all mean something different, however, from a certain perspective could all mean the same thing.

Hack. A “hack” is probably the most self-explanatory one. It is the malicious breaking into game systems to achieve something not added, intended or accepted by the game developers. This term has the most negative connotation out of the 3. Example: using a 3rd party system to hack the game to alter your character’s health pool would be considered a hack. While this is not acceptable to me or any rational player, it is also against the Terms of Service and could result in action against your account. Obviously boss kills achieved with “hacks” are not accepted.

Exploit. I have seen multiple definitions of this, all typically carrying the slant of the person giving it. I have seen things like, “the intentional utilization of specific game systems in a manner not intended by the game developers to achieve a certain goal”, or “pulling a boss to a certain location in order to mitigate certain mechanics of the fight”, or even “cheating”. This is tricky, as it really comes down to the person viewing the situation to determine their thoughts on it. I will save my thoughts until after discussing the last term:

tactics recognizably departing from the norm. This would include such things as:

• Standing on the ship parked next to Captain Grimyk in order to avoid any damage from the adds in Cademimu.

• Pulling Thrasher from his arena into the sarlacc pit, killing him instantly.

• Pulling Dash’roode out of the sandstorm, thereby mitigating several fight mechanics.

• Grouping with players many levels higher than you in order to gain massive experience during Double XP Weekend on Ilum while the Gree Event was occurring.

These are 4 examples (of which there are numerous more) that I pulled off the top of my head. All 4 of these are examples of situations where players can manipulate their surroundings in order to mitigate certain mechanics or make things easier to achieve their desired goal. I think everyone will admit that these examples are “tactics recognizably departing from the norm”. Out of these 4 however, only 2 of them have different distinctions. 2 of these were altered by Bioware to prevent said action from continuing. The Thrasher example was discovered while on the PTS and was fixed before making it to live, and the Ilum example was fixed after the second time it occurred.

This is where I would draw the line between an exploit and using your surroundings to your advantage; does Bioware do anything about it? Some things might be too trivial for them to worry about and they don’t bother changing it. Some situations might arise where a group uses their surroundings to their benefit in a way the developers never even imagined, and perhaps they chalk it up to player creativity and leave it in-game. Or perhaps even still, (and this might blow some minds), maybe the developers intentionally provided a way out, just to see what would happen? Why else do you think a shuttle craft is parked so conveniently near the Grimyk fight? It’s certainly not for looks as the entire fight happens underneath a large smuggler type craft. Grimyk didn’t use it to fly there, he has his own ship. While I am not advocating for or against the Dash’roode “technique”, as it has not yet been addressed by Bioware, we have to consider it a tactic that recognizably departs from the norm.

Now, before anyone gets in a tizzy, let me finish. I have a lot more to say.

4. If a single member of a guild makes disrespectful, sexist and vile comments on a public forum towards another guild or individual, should the entire guild be held responsible?

This was probably the most disturbing portion of the thread that I had to read. What was posted was absolutely one of the most despicable things I have ever read, ESPECIALLY as it was posted (presumably) by a member of our server, directed towards another member of our server. While at the time of this posting, the post in question had been removed by moderators, the damage was certainly already done. I read it, I had the post PMed to me by other concerned community members, and in what was probably most disturbing of all, a user from outside our server and country for that matter saw the post and felt the desire to express his/her disgust. Now, I do not know this person, or even if they are truly from another country, but I couldn’t help but think, “What if this is the only exposure they have to our server. What will they think?” Will they think the entire server is full of sexist bigots? Will they think this kind of behavior is acceptable to us, or even encouraged?? Now expand that thinking from this one person to everyone who visits our server forum. Is this the kind of impression we want to give to others?

In driving home tonight, I had a lot of time to think about how I would respond to this issue. While going back and forth between issues, I kept coming back to the same question, “What do I want for Begeren Colony?” Here’s what I came up with:

• I want for this server to be a community that fosters friendship, teamwork and acceptance for any chosen playstyle.

• I want for this server to be recognized and respected by other players, servers, guilds and developers as demonstrating the above.

• I want for this server to be a friendly place that players of all style, skill-level and interests can call home.

These are the things that I want for our server, and I do not want anything to detract from that. I would want for any of the established “hardcore” raiding guilds like Drop It Like It’s Hoth or Suckafish to be able to browse our forums, check out the raiding community and think, “They’ve got a good thing going there.” We already have a bit of an obstacle to overcome as it is coming from an RP server, where people already think, “Oh God, those roleplaying weirdos probably try to squeeze in some LARPing in between their PvP matches.” Why would anyone want to put us at an even further disadvantage? No we’re not on a powerhouse PVE or PVP server, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still be respected for accomplishing the EXACT same things they do on other servers.

Now what was posted in this thread was awful, there’s no denying that. It was unacceptable, uncalled for and unwanted. While many community members placed the blame on a certain individual, unfortunately there is no way for us to be certain if they are who they say they are, or even who we think they are. I will say that evidence points strongly in one direction, and that doesn’t look good. Is there a chance that it is a random troll that actually has no connection with the guilds in question? Sure, it’s possible. But on the chance that it is a member of a guild residing on our server, then action must be taken.

We all would agree that what was said was completely out of line and unacceptable, and that kind of behavior should not and WILL not be tolerated. A lot of what action should be taken falls to the guild leader to carry out. As a guild leader myself, I am constantly aware of how my actions in and out of game will affect others perspective of myself and my guild. I have always strived to represent myself the same in game as I would in real life, and that mind-set has served pretty well so far. I think I have made a lot of friends that way and have only ever upheld the respectability of my guild, Sigma Squad. However, the sad fact of the matter is, the guild leader is not the sole representative of a guild. No, every time you type “/ginvite” someone else automatically becomes a representative of your guild, whether you like it or not. Everyone in your guild carries around your guild tag, from the moment they log in to the moment they sign out, they represent YOU. Most guilds I know have some sort of application/screening process, and each guild is different. There is no denying the fact, however, that when someone in your guild does something stupid, in effect, your guild did something stupid. This relates to the example I discussed above, how if one person on Begeren Colony posts something stupid, that leaves a bad taste in the reader’s mouth in regards to our representation. This was illustrated brilliantly just a few pages back when a former member of Begeren Colony who very recently transferred to Bastion, and listed that information in their signature, decided to post in our thread, inciting the anger of one of our community members. Now how does that make Bastion look?

Because of this, I cannot allow any type of disrespect, trolling, sexism or prejudice of any kind to be attached to this progression thread. While I understand a guild leader cannot control everything their members say, know that there will be consequences. I am not into blind justice. Questions, PMs and conversations will occur between pertinent parties before any thread banning, but know that this is a possibility.

Really and truly, what it will come down to is having respect for yourself and for your guild. If your guild downs a boss using “unsavory” techniques and you wish to advertise your kill in this thread, feel free to do so. However you do this knowing full well that you and your guild may lose quite a bit of respect from your fellow community members. This is where it comes down to each individual to do the right thing.

Now, I realize this was a tough read, and rightfully so. There were things in this post that needed to be said, and things that I hope were heard. I do not presume to be the leader of Begeren Colony; that’s not my place. Who am I? I’m just a guy who cares about the perception of our server. I’m just a guy who leads a guild on our server and happens to moderate a progression thread. I’m just a guy who is SO passionate about this game and our community that I have an OCT 2008 forum account, Day 1 early access on Begeren Colony and a sub that’s never lapsed.

I’m just a guy on Begeren Colony.

Edited by Tmanarl

Let me clarify, when it comes to the most challenging content in the game, which in this case would be 55 level Nightmare mode operations, any guild claiming a kill using exploits or any means not originally intended by the developers WILL NOT be counted towards progression or server first clears. This is in effort to protect the integrity of this thread, our server reputation as well as the guilds putting forth the effort to clear it how it was intended.

Alright guys, let's wrap this up. It's clear who Rybes is and it's also clear Ajuma is an acting member within their community. No need to argue with him to confirm it, we all know the truth.

I would like to ask, as I have a suspicion, if the NiM version of Stryak will possibly drop his mask as part of his loot? I have been looking around for server clears and more information on the loot, but I haven't found anything indicating what Stryak drops in the NiM version. If someone knows, could you possibly help me out? :D

"Loot: Kell Dragon Chest, 2 random Shadowed piece, chance for new mount called Titan 6 Containment Vehicle."

There Zu.. quoted off Dulfy's site if your still looking :)