The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Getting off a mount causes comp to return from gathering mission.

Ashenti

Send a called companion on a crew skill task

Cancel a mount

The companion is recalled, cancelling the crew skil task.

edit...

Bug is even worse than I thought

If you do not have a companion called when you dismount, the last companion you have used will be summoned, cancelling any task they are on.

Very annoying :/

Edited by Ashenti

Case scenario:

As my current companion, sending forex to do scavenging.

Mount.

Get to my destination.

Dismount.

Forex returns. So do the credits for the scavenging mission, but the mission gets effectively aborted.

Edited by Tachenko_Yuri

I agree this is a bug and should be fixed; but...

Why are you sending your current companion out to do a mission? you should be sending your inactive companion(s) out.

not sure about OP, but sometimes, when i want to speed up my materials acquisition and only have as many companions as missions slots - I send all 2-3-4 of them out, while doing other stuff.

I do something similar at lvl 55 (because my ship droid has no affection or crew skill bonuses, and only 2 of my characters currently have HK, so normal companions get to go instead)

anyways, regardless of the reason, there's nothing wrong with sending active companion on crew skill missions, there is however an issue with them returning before finishing the mission, without you recalling them first.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Why are you sending your current companion out to do a mission? you should be sending your inactive companion(s) out.

I know when I'm running around doing things on fleet, I usually just grab the highest affection companions for missions. Most of the time, my active companion is the highest or one of the highest affections.

Commando healer with Cybertech and using Forex as my main companion, can solo most areas that aren't makeb, and not gonna just have a +5 critical on scavenging sitting there :)

Although I have a questionable model of how I'm making my crew skill work, broken patch isn't something I brought in. :(

I agree this is a bug and should be fixed; but...

My two preferred comps to run with on my sage are Zenith and Nadia, both of which have crit in crew skills (Underworld Trading and Diplomacy respectively). So a lot of time one of them will be my current companion, but I send them out whenever I'm not in combat situations so I can get that increased crit chance.

• Dev Post

We have confirmed this bug internally and have it slated as a top priority fix for Game Update 2.2.2.

The Known Issues will be updated as follows today:

• If an active Companion Character is on a Crew Skill mission, dismounting a vehicle will cancel the mission and summon the companion.

If testing causes the fix to push back or if any further information develops, we'll be sure to post an update for you.

:ph_thank_you:

We have confirmed this bug internally and have it slated as a top priority fix for Game Update 2.2.2.

• If an active Companion Character is on a Crew Skill mission, dismounting a vehicle will cancel the mission and summon the companion.

If testing causes the fix to push back or if any further information develops, we'll be sure to post an update for you.

Using inactive companion as a workaround, but thanks for the tempestive answer :)

Work around : Summon a companion not on a crafting/gathering mission. "Working as intended"

judging by Amber's post? not even remotely.

also - "workaround" is useless when you the same number of companions as you do available mission slots.

its a bug. its an annoying bug. please stop making it sound like its nothing.

Edited by Jeweledleah

judging by Amber's post? not even remotely.

also - "workaround" is useless when you the same number of companions as you do available mission slots.

its a bug. its an annoying bug. please stop making it sound like its nothing.

All he was saying was it's not a "curl up in the fetal position and fall on the floor" level of bug. You can work around it in a number of ways until they fix the "KNOWN" bug.

All he was saying was it's not a "curl up in the fetal position and fall on the floor" level of bug. You can work around it in a number of ways until they fix the "KNOWN" bug.

who is curling up in fetal position here?

"working as intended" doesn't sound like admission of a problem to me.

its a bug. its a known bug. its a minor annoying bug, but its NOT working as intended.

Since Patch 2.2.1 my companions are now summoned every dismount from a speeder. My guess is this is connected to the patch changes ...

Dismounting a vehicle will summon Companion Characters as intended for players who are in a group.

Players will now properly receive Companion affection when entering a conversation while riding a vehicle.

... which thankfully fix those two issues.

However, by "summoned" every dismount I mean every time I dismount I receive the system message "Companion summoned." and, what's decidedly annoying, the companion's summoned dialogue ("I'm back." "Let's go" Did you miss me?").

More problematic, however, is that the summon command now included in dismount will also cancel any ongoing Crew Skills - missions or crafting - if the currently active companion is the one performing it.

I have tested this with multiple speeders, classes and companions. The issue - assuming/hoping it is an unintentional one - is consistent.

Stupidly I somehow missed this thread prior to posting my own bug thread. But one thing I'll add, if by chance it is a second issue instead of being connected, is that the companions' unique summoned dialogues - "I'm back." "Let's go." "Ready for anything." etc. - occur every dismount... it's particularly annoying. Likely they are connected, but just thought I'd add a bit more.

EDIT: thanks for moving my original here.

Edited by AlyoshaCephas

Forex returns. So do the credits for the scavenging mission, but the mission gets effectively aborted.

Worth noting is that if you're doing a discovered mission -- IE, one of the ones you have to "consume" first -- and it gets aborted, you just lose the mission. You don't get the consumable refunded, nor is the mission still in your list.

Ask me how I know. :(

EDIT: After relogging, the mission appears to still be there in my list after all. Sorry for the false info. :)

Edited by Sarielle

Worth noting is that if you're doing a discovered mission -- IE, one of the ones you have to "consume" first -- and it gets aborted, you just lose the mission. You don't get the consumable refunded, nor is the mission still in your list.

Ask me how I know. :(

It was still in my list when my Slicing 450 mission got aborted. Had to restart it but it did not disappear.

Posted this in customer service as well...

Apparently with today's patch another bug was introduced which concerns your ACTIVE companion and sending them out on missions. Here's what is happening and how to reproduce it...

Have any companion out, send them on a mission, go into another zone or hop onto your mount. When you zone in or dismount the companion will be back at your side. No mission failed. Cost of mission not refunded. I lost at least 30k before I noticed something was up as I was running warzones. This was happening with Jaesa on my Jugg, so I switched to my sorc to see if it was just Jaesa specific and it happened with Ashara as well. I specifically sent her out on a mission, hopped on my mount, disembarked and she was back at my side.