Oricon

Lovethebeard

Three words Bruce gave us in the Summer of SWTOR update for patch 2.4! Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters.

Well this is Oricon for those who do not know.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oricon

An insignificant world, it was once home to Darth Vitus, before its location was lost to the wider galaxy. Vitus experimented with Sith alchemy on the world, creating monsters strong with the dark side. During the age of the Great Sith War, a group of Sith tracked the world down from clues in a holocron, eventually leading them to Darth Vitus's compound.

Not much more information. Quite looking forward to more lore on this planet and how its going to come into play with 2.4

Torhead leaked patch notes from over a year ago id's Oricon as the world Operation: The Dread Masters is on. So lets see how many PVP'er will lose their mind, when they discover that 2.4 has an Operation in it. Knowing BW track record I would beat 2.4 is 75% PVE and 25% PVP.

Torhead leaked patch notes from over a year ago id's Oricon as the world Operation: The Dread Masters is on. So lets see how many PVP'er will lose their mind, when they discover that 2.4 has an Operation in it. Knowing BW track record I would beat 2.4 is 75% PVE and 25% PVP.

just checked out these "leaks" and a conversation does kind of confirm the Dread Masters on Oricon.

Hmmm im not terribly fussed about a new operation, they are always welcome, but yes apart from that it looks like the only major pvp update is Warzone Arenas. But no all is confirmed as of yet. Still looking forward to more details

Edited by Lovethebeard
spoilers

I always thought Oricon was the big dental & oral hygienist convention that changed the meaning of the phrase 'Floss properly' forever. :eek:

(Seriously, though, pretty cool. Now I just gotta get back into running the other OPs before this one comes out, heh.)

just checked out these "leaks" and a conversation does kind of confirm the Dread Masters on Oricon.

Hmmm im not terribly fussed about a new operation, they are always welcome, but yes apart from that it looks like the only major pvp update is Warzone Arenas. But no all is confirmed as of yet. Still looking forward to more details

It'll be whatever it's going to be, but this post inspired a random thought: What if the warzone arenas take place on Oricon or at least make use of monsters said to be taken from there? Maybe it's a game that one of them came up with where he abducts people from across the galaxy and forces them to compete against each other while fighting Oricon's beasts? I'm thinking: more teams, small teams, kill beasts to claim some sort of token which must be deposited somewhere for your team to get credit for the kill, can kill other players for a chance to steal some of their tokens if they're carrying any, maybe some of the beasts are tough enough that it kind of requires some cooperation between teams to take them down in the first place.

I was just thinking, just because a couple of the clues already point to one thing doesn't mean that they can't refer to something else as well. Who knows, maybe the arena for the warzone could even be something that gets passed through during the operation and you fight a boss in there that's a tougher version of one of the types of beasts seen in the warzone?

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

It'll be whatever it's going to be, but this post inspired a random thought: What if the warzone arenas take place on Oricon or at least make use of monsters said to be taken from there? Maybe it's a game that one of them came up with where he abducts people from across the galaxy and forces them to compete against each other while fighting Oricon's beasts? I'm thinking: more teams, small teams, kill beasts to claim some sort of token which must be deposited somewhere for your team to get credit for the kill, can kill other players for a chance to steal some of their tokens if they're carrying any, maybe some of the beasts are tough enough that it kind of requires some cooperation between teams to take them down in the first place.

I was just thinking, just because a couple of the clues already point to one thing doesn't mean that they can't refer to something else as well. Who knows, maybe the arena for the warzone could even be something that gets passed through during the operation and you fight a boss in there that's a tougher version of one of the types of beasts seen in the warzone?

Oricon could also have the new daily area too. I have no idea where else they would put it.

Based on leaks, the new daily area will be the planet Varl.

Many people are wondering if it will be Varl or Rakata prime, both were datamined a long time ago. Rakata prime was set to go stop the dread masters from getting a super weapon. Oricon is the name of the planet for the dread masters raid, it woudn't make much sense to release rakata prime after the dread masters are dead.

Its also been specualted that Varl was changed into Makeb. Varl was supposed to be fighting against the hutts who are forming an army. Pretty much what Makeb is now.

I am betting the dailies area is Rakata Prime.

For everyone that's deeply confused and speculating that Oricon will be a new daily area or implemented into WZ Arenas, the leaks that were released a year ago have done a pretty good job in sticking to whats been released so far id say they are about 98% correct. Judging from what Bruce posted and what the leaks say, this is what is going to happen.

New FP (Not Oricon)

New Daily Area (Rakata Prime, not Oricon)

New Recurring Event - Bounty Hunter Stuff (Not Oricon)

Warzone Arenas (Not Oricon)

New Operation: Dread Masters (Located on Oricon)

Hope that clears up the confusion and I can guarantee, what I just mapped out for you there will almost certainly be whats happening.

Oh, you're right; I was thinking of origami. Oricon is the precious metal that one ancient Greek dude talked about Atlanteans using to decorate their buildings.

That is Orichalc (or Orichalcum) :rak_03:

Oricon is a moon in SW universe where Darth Vitus performed his xperimets with sith alchemy sometimes prior to Exar Kun Wars

New Daily Area (Rakata Prime, not Oricon)
I think that will not be true, New Daily location will probably be located on some old planet in separate instance (like Section X or Black Hole). Rakata Prime is a huge planet with so much potential for more story that it will probably feature as next expansion, not just a lame daily area.

I always thought Oricon was the big dental & oral hygienist convention that changed the meaning of the phrase 'Floss properly' forever. :eek:

(Seriously, though, pretty cool. Now I just gotta get back into running the other OPs before this one comes out, heh.)

Haha, I wonder if all the dentists nerd out over new toothbrushes like we nerd out at comicon.

I thought 2.4 was going to be the big PVP savior patch. It's just one new wz and MAYBE some arena's? A new operation is time that could be spent creating MULTIPLE new wz's. Is BW's pvp team down to just one man or something because this is unacceptable. The big pvp patch will end up having more pve than pvp.

At the same time, 25% is a lot more than 0%