Let's work together

Frankenseuss

As you may or may not know, I am always thinking, looking for ways for us to improve PvP in both the actual gameplay mechanics and in the general fun as a whole. Here's one of those instances where I bring to you an idea of the community making the game more enjoyable for everyone, as we aren't developers and can only hope and pray for the developers to hear our pleas. With that being said, I'll move on to the point of this thread.

It always breaks my heart to see people being rude to other players. One of the ones that hurts the most is the notorious "L2P". Yes, there are some players who will not be as good as you, and there are some who are better than you. But it may be possible that the player you say this to actually is new to the game, and is more than willing to learn how to play. L2P doesn't help them, it only insults them. Next time, instead of just saying "L2P noob" or "L2P baddie," instead offer helpful tips on how they can improve their gameplay. Remember that the only true mistakes are the ones you repeat twice.

Another one that really gets to me is the name calling. It doesn't matter what faction we play for, or what skill level we have, because in the big picture, behind each character is a human being, who deserves the same kind of treatment as you do: kindness, uplifting, constructive criticism, and an overall good attitude. When you throw insults at people, it starts to turn everyone against each other, which puts a bad reputation on the community and yourself. It will always pay off to treat people with kindness, because those who are mean will be known for it, and many people will refuse to play with them.

Finally, the last one I will mention here is the sore loser. I remember when I was just a little girl, and my dad (RIP <3) put four cards face down in front of me. He said that I win if I find the Ace. So I flipped one over and it was an Ace, and I was thrilled because I won. He told me to do it again, so I did. Another Ace. Oh I was feeling on top of the world, I won again. He praised me, told me good job, I was really good at this game. He told me to do it again, so I did. Another Ace. My happiness finally turned into boredom. He asked me to do it again, and I said no, I had grown bored. He flipped them all over and they were all Aces. The point was that in a game where you win every single time, you will grow bored really fast. Losing gives a lot of positive outcomes, such as an opportunity to learn from mistakes and improve yourself, diversity to the game being that you know it's possible to lose, it makes competing worth while. Be prepared to lose, and when it happens, instead of insulting your team mates, try congratulating them on giving it their best effort, because in the end, remember that every one of us is on the same team.

A little bit of kindness goes a very long way. Please, help me make this community the best one in the mmo world. I love you all, and I enjoy playing with you. <3

Very nice post. It would be nice if we could have conversations that were positive. PvP communities do suffer from bad reps based on negativity and would be great to see that change.

Another one that really gets to me is the name calling. It doesn't matter what faction we play for, or what skill level we have, because in the big picture, behind each character is a human being, who deserves the same kind of treatment as you do: kindness, uplifting, constructive criticism, and an overall good attitude. When you throw insults at people, it starts to turn everyone against each other, which puts a bad reputation on the community and yourself. It will always pay off to treat people with kindness, because those who are mean will be known for it, and many people will refuse to play with them.

A little bit of kindness goes a very long way. Please, help me make this community the best one in the mmo world. I love you all, and I enjoy playing with you. <3

But Huttbal encourages name calling!

Always a good idea (atleast in game).

Generally (I can only speak for myself) I do try to give some advice or at least instruction. When they're not followed I even bite my tongue most of the time.

There does come a time where you can do no more, and the frustration is just too much as you see someone do the same thing wrong over and over again. Make no mistakes, no matter how informative someone is, there will be someone who simply will not learn.

If they are willing to learn, I am willing to teach. If they are willing to teach, I'm willing to learn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you'll find it's often a different story on the forums. Generally complaint threads are made by people completely unwilling to learn.

PvP is not for everybody. It's been like this forever, actually SWTOR PvP is the wimpiest PvP I've ever seen. It's not even real PvP, it's more like a PG-13, care bear party, but for softies there are other things out there less scary, like stamp collecting, origami, domino or chess is an awesome game.

PvP is not for everybody. It's been like this forever, actually SWTOR PvP is the wimpiest PvP I've ever seen. It's not even real PvP, it's more like a PG-13, care bear party, but for softies there are other things out there less scary, like stamp collecting, origami, domino or chess is an awesome game.

So where's the real pvp at?

lolwut? I thought were going to answer with doac or gw.

Honestly Dark Age of Camelot had the best PvP I've ever had the priveledge of being a part of. Guild Wars 2 got my hopes up but the servers couldn't really handle WvWvW too well, which was what made DAoC so awesome.

Honestly Dark Age of Camelot had the best PvP I've ever had the priveledge of being a part of. Guild Wars 2 got my hopes up but the servers couldn't really handle WvWvW too well, which was what made DAoC so awesome.

Exactly. I thought since he was belittling swtor he was going to name a good pvp game.

Edited by Kovaos

Good try OP, and while I commend your initiative... it's really not going to help. :)

This sub-forum (moreso than many others) is replete with people that only feel good (and superior) when talking down to someone. Now either they are just immature kids, or insecure adults who lack the self-confidence that comes from real achievements in life.

My advice to whoever takes this too seriously... grow a thicker skin, and remember that it is just a silly game. Try to have fun, and ignore the idi0ts who talk down.

Edited by CBRGhostRider

So where's the real pvp at?

Seriously every MMO I know has better PvP. I don't like the stun, heal, interrupt based PvP and obviously I am not the only one. There is a reason why SWTOR ended up as the biggest failure in the MMO history.

Seriously every MMO I know has better PvP. I don't like the stun, heal, interrupt based PvP and obviously I am not the only one. There is a reason why SWTOR ended up as the biggest failure in the MMO history.

I know it's not the ideal style, but I can't find anything better at the moment. To say it's for care bears to support your contempt for the game isn't quite fair. End game PvP is very fast paced, strategic, and there are some serious ballers out there.

The games' biggest failure was/is content. Content doesn't determine how good you are though.

To me, Chess actually IS an awesome game !

You won't win against masters of chess. Not with a fast-clicking mouse.

And, by the way, what did you want to say with your post about helping people ?

Or do you rather believe that helping others is useless ?

And HOW exactly would you like to help Newbies ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer