The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New NERF in 2.2

As usual this silly forum seems to have no clue whats happening to this class, so I will enlighten. Our one redeeming move that was allowing PT's to hang by a thread in WZ's in the sense of a "unique" and useful ability in our class has been totally nerfed.

Stealth scan is now LINE OF SIGHT ONLY/ Thanks alot Bioware, you continue to screw us harder each patch. This talent was so cool for node defense and popping annoying stealth behind pillars and such, and now its line of sight like any crappy aoe. What diseased nerd programmer nerfed this? WHO THE HELL WAS COMPLAINING (other then some really weak stealth), that this was a problem?

Suggestion to Mr. Peckinpaugh: Next major patch make railshot cost half your heat and give it a range of 4m. I know you laugh now, but what if I said stealth scan was about to be nerfed two weeks ago?

These guys continue to take a big fat turd on us and we do nothing about it.

You do know that Trooper's stealth scan could not be used without line of sight, and this was a KNOWN issue. This was a fix to the class that should have never been there in the first place, so please learn to play like any Trooper's has since the start. Also, you might want to check forums for known bugs due to many other threads have been made on this and how it should have been fixed. Thanks for the old news, guy. Edited by Soobydoo

honestly doesn't make much of a difference lol, walk like 2 or 3 metres in a certain direction and you will have line of sight on the position like 99% of the time

True, but of all the possible changes to do to the class, especially, when the class is under performing in PvE dps wise, and PvP wise is excluded from any competitive play, a nerf of stealth scan comes as :rak_02:

Edited by Ottoattack

Apologist morons. Sorry trooper was screwed from the beginning, but stealth scan was the only decent thing about BH left. Our ability to pick off stealth around corners was something that has value that no other class has. We are non-factors in every possible way, this is coming from a full conqueror geared player who does rateds. Don't listen to these PVE or occasional PVPer's nonsensical "everything is ok" tripe.

Wake up.

The line of sight isn't a nerf it's a bug fix to balance the mirror class, just like how trooper's ammo was changed in 2.0

It's not a nerf it's a fix

Maybe next time they'll fix the mando's green beam and giant heal droids vs merc green specks and near invisible scans

They also fixed the sweltering heat bug, meaning the slow works now when re applying the CGC.

Was that a nerf too somehow?

Look I can't stand the devs either, the PVP designers are short sighted and none too bright.

Let's hold off complaints until the PVP patch.

Look I can't stand the devs either, the PVP designers are short sighted and none too bright.

That's 4 month from now if we are lucky. Why should players wait 4 month plus of the class being under performing without fix?

Sure if they hold off the monthly billing on my account! :mad:

Was it a nerf or a fix? WHO bloody cares! :eek:

1) If it was a fix! - They applied it, to something that was working while beeing broken. They should have left it alone because it was no where near overpowered. Now it will just be an annoying feature :rolleyes: that you will have to deal with on top of the other silly stuff this game contains at present!

2) If it was a nerf! - Arent nerfs not supposed to be applied to overpowered abilities to make sense? Since when has the mechanics of scanbots been an overpowered ability in this game! To me it seems perfectly resonable to drop scanbots on what is visible to the user and within range of the users toon :cool: !

I view this FIX/NERF as another nail in the coffin, af coffin that contains the brains of the developers in a rotten composition!:D

/Gajol

Edited by GostGajol

in 2.4 we are getting a new nerf its gonna be called pt/vanguard deletion. were they just delete our class from the game :rolleyes: ya the Stealth scan nerf isn't that big of a deal but hey lol deletion is where it looks like we are heading

oh, and btw smasher, snipers, shadows will be getting buffed again because its not like they never get buffed or anything :rolleyes:

best game devs in the world :rolleyes:

Edited by mfourcustom

Mr. Peckinpaugh has no idea what he's doing and is clearly bias towards jugs and snipers. You never see any balances put in to fix op dps, powertech dps or sin dps but the sec anyone else has an issue he is throwing it into the next patch.

Also making accuracy needed for tech/force. What a stupid idea.

As usual this silly forum seems to have no clue whats happening to this class, so I will enlighten. Our one redeeming move that was allowing PT's to hang by a thread in WZ's in the sense of a "unique" and useful ability in our class has been totally nerfed.

Stealth scan is now LINE OF SIGHT ONLY/ Thanks alot Bioware, you continue to screw us harder each patch. This talent was so cool for node defense and popping annoying stealth behind pillars and such, and now its line of sight like any crappy aoe. What diseased nerd programmer nerfed this? WHO THE HELL WAS COMPLAINING (other then some really weak stealth), that this was a problem?

Suggestion to Mr. Peckinpaugh: Next major patch make railshot cost half your heat and give it a range of 4m. I know you laugh now, but what if I said stealth scan was about to be nerfed two weeks ago?

Maybe they are planning on removing the class all together - by nerfing the hell out of it so no one will care when it disappears...;p

/slap

I hope you do know that the troopers ability Stealth Scan could only be used in LoS. The trooper was badly bugged from the beginning, such as ammo regen, full auto and talents not working. So please do a little bit of research before raging over something that is a bug.

/thread

Our ability to pick off stealth around corners was something that has value that no other class has..

just to be clear, you're saying that stealth scan is completely useless now that it needs LoS and the only reason it was useful in the first place was because it could break stealth without LoS?

This isn't worthy to complain about.... Why do you need to use stealth scan at a distance so much? It's not like its a super useful ability,and it seemingly never actually works in pvp unless they HAVE to walk through it to go somewhere, they can easily avoid it. That being said, I usually put mine underneath me so if he gets near me I can burn him.