The Jetson's didn't have Blaster Pistols

AGSThomas

Anyone else have a problem with the way most blaster pistols look? They look like something out of the Jetsons cartoon. I started a Bounty hunter and have nothing to look forward to : /

Yeah, it's a shame they don't look like real blaster pistols.

If you've seen Star Wars, you know that the in-game blasters are very much in keeping with the way Han Solo's blaster looked (for example).

Yeah, it's a shame they don't look like real blaster pistols.

If you've seen Star Wars, you know that the in-game blasters are very much in keeping with the way Han Solo's blaster looked (for example).

Only the Grek and Aurek Cartel models and only if you removed the stupid clip hanging off the side.

No, most of the blasters in the early game look like sci-fi flintlocks (pirate guns), especially for Bounty Hunters.

Really, the best looking pistols are end game only (level 50+) unless you have half a million or more credits to buy one of the Cartel models off the GTN.

I like the D-200 Military Enforcer myself. It's simple, usually fairly cheap and has a few glowing parts.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

Two comments:

1) There is plenty of variety in game for blaster pistols. Something for everybody really.

2) I don't recall the Jetsons having weapons of any kind (unless you consider Rosie a weapon).

1) Not in the early game.

2) I think he's talking about the aesthetics looking more like something out of the Jetsons than something from Star Wars (especially early in the game), and he's right.

:cool:

funny, i have yet to see rings magically floating around the barrels of any of my Blasters, nor have i seen blasters with an ovalish main body and a long cone with rings around it for a barrel... the aesthetics don't even come close to the Jetsons style, maybe some cheap Sci-Fi B-Movie, but definitely not even close to Jetsons aesthetics of basic shapes and magic rings...

OP, have a look through the Planetary Com vendors there are a couple of nice pistol designs there. I can't recall all of the planets that have weapons as options but that is less of an issue now coms are universal. Taris definitely has a nice selection of pistols including the archetypal Imperial Officer pistol. Just make sure they are mainhand as a coupel of the vendors only have offhand weapons on their list.

Quite a few of the heroic quests on your way through the game have nice pistol rewards as well. And, as a last resort, unless of course you love PvP there are the PvP weapon vendor.

All in all plenty of pistol design and variation even for the petite body type 1 Bounty Hunters out there that don't want to use a pistol bigger than they are :eek:

I just wish there were more beefy looking pistols available. My type 3 powertech feels like Will Smith in Men In Black with the noisy cricket. "I feel like I'm gonna break this damn thing."

2) I don't recall the Jetsons having weapons of any kind (unless you consider Rosie a weapon).

I'd pay CC to have Rosie as an alternate model for SCORPIO or HK.