Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Mercs / Commandos need a Nerf!

Vikassi

I don't think people realize Commandos/mercs are turret classes. There for they have high damage for a reason.

Their surv is not good, stop acting like it is.

A sniper/gunslinger is better in almost every single way then a merc/commando.

I don't think people realize Commandos/mercs are turret classes. There for they have high damage for a reason.

I totally agree with you falgarr.

Is no one else seeing this? They wear heavy armor, but hey, lets give them a bubble and then throw in a resist to everything .. ?

^This makes me think he might actually believe what he's saying rather than just trolling with such obviously incorrect comments... well obvious to most, that is.

If by "bubble" you are referring to the Reactive shield that reduces damage by 25% for 15 seconds that has a long cooldown, that has always been a trooper ability since day one. Many would argue it's woefully inadequate especially compared to similar abilities of other classes, but okay. In terms of the "resist to everything," there is no such ability that gives trooper a resist to everything. Just flat out wrong.

How should a heavy armor class have mobility? How does that make sense?

Heavy armor class like the leaping leapsters: Vanguard, Juggernauts who also wear heavy that can jump to enemies (2 abilities) and friendlies (a third ability)? Like that? lol. By the way, Hold the Line is not a new ability given by the devs. Vanguards had access to it in the Tactics branch of the skill tree. The devs just moved it to the trooper base class abilities, but it's not new. Speaking of Vanguards you must really go berserk over Storm (heavy armor wearing Vanguards leaping like Jedi to enemies, in a TANK spec no less: wow, that sounds *heavy* lol) :eek: !!

Once you've played more and/or rolled other classes -- or maybe take the time to go to internet sites where you can examine various abilities -- you'll understand a bit better.

Edited by BoushhDC

Survive-ability is not good? Thats the whole reason why i started this post .. They're like tanks - always a bubble and then resisting everything .. combine that with good DPS and you have a very hard to kill player .. the ones who are whining about them not having survie-ability are just bad players ..

Survive-ability is not good? Thats the whole reason why i started this post .. They're like tanks - always a bubble and then resisting everything .. combine that with good DPS and you have a very hard to kill player .. the ones who are whining about them not having survie-ability are just bad players ..

im sorry, i just cant take you seriously.

what youre whining about is probably the worst primary defensive cooldown in the game. and hold the line doesnt make us immune to stuns, only root/slows/physics

I also have a Gunslinger which has WAY more survivability (medium armor wearing) and of lower tier, than my commando. (Prior to 2.0, the Gunsliner had more survivabilty in Recruit Gear than my commando had in Elite War Hero.) I point out prior to 2.0 because now there is no more Recruit and because the "gear gap" was supposedly so large between those tiers, that the survivability differences were starkly obivous. And that is to say nothing of all the tools in the Gunslinger's toolbox to shred pretty much anybody before their opponent can hardly lay a finger on them.

And btw, there is NO WAY they "always [have] a bubble" unless you're seeing a Force Armor "bubble" that a Sage is putting on them. Incidentaly, the FA bubble has no cooldown. As I posted earlier, the Reactive Shield (if that's what you insist you're seeing) only lasts 15 seconds and has a 2 minute CD, therefore it is used extremely situationally since it can't be maintained as in "always." lol

Edited by BoushhDC

I also have a Gunslinger which has WAY more survivability (medium armor wearing) and of lower tier, than my commando. (Prior to 2.0, the Gunsliner had more survivabilty in Recruit Gear than my commando had in Elite War Hero.) I point out prior to 2.0 because now there is no more Recruit and because the "gear gap" was supposedly so large between those tiers, that the survivability differences were starkly obivous. And that is to say nothing of all the tools in the Gunslinger's toolbox to shred pretty much anybody before their opponent can hardly lay a finger on them.

And btw, there is NO WAY they "always [have] a bubble" unless you're seeing a Force Armor "bubble" that a Sage is putting on them. Incidentaly, the FA bubble has no cooldown. As I posted earlier, the Reactive Shield (if that's what you insist you're seeing) only lasts 15 seconds and has a 2 minute CD, therefore it is used extremely situationally since it can't be maintained as in "always." lol

Thats fine but I dont see how you can say the dont have any survive-ability? Does everyone think they are a squishy class? They dont go down easily 1v1 - I could understand if you're focusing - but they have high damage output and great armor / survive-ability ..

• 3 weeks later...
Nerf em! They also have this ability that allows them to accept incoming heals from a healer on their own team! That's WAY too much survivability for a heavy armor class who can already heal themselves. I also saw a Merc flying around in circles the other day while shooting laser beams from his eyes. NERF NAO!

nerf assassins too, i mean GEEZ they use a DOUBLE-BLADED saber???????????

So lets make a list of all the classes bw needs to nerf before it's balanced:

-Mercs/Mandos

-Ops/scoundrels

-Jugger/guardian

-sorc/sage

-assa/shadow

-maro/sent

-sniper/slinger

-pt/vanguard

now we subtract the ops class and then we're ready to roll the nerf-hammer out :rolleyes:

So lets make a list of all the classes bw needs to nerf before it's balanced:

-Mercs/Mandos

-Ops/scoundrels

-Jugger/guardian

-sorc/sage

-assa/shadow

-maro/sent

-sniper/slinger

-pt/vanguard

now we subtract the ops class and then we're ready to roll the nerf-hammer out :rolleyes:

sooooooo, nerf ops?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.