Any other leapers falling short of their destination?

madcappah

I've posted multiple times on this topic, and on the ghost GCD bug - the two issues that cripple gameplay the most (especially for Juggs/Guards). At this point, I really think (for the medium term at least) that we need to consider buggy leaps/cedes as part of the game's new class balance. Screwed up as that may sound, to pretend otherwise will result in a downward spiral of frustration for the hopeful.

In an effort to be constructive, just want to ask all leapers facing this problem (which is pretty much every leaper I know): does the problem increase dramatically if you're jumping to get LoS on your target? Huttball involves a lot of forward motion with the ball, trying to reach people at different elevations and it's instinctive (and, pre-bug, hugely beneficial) to jump-leap to secure the earliest possible window on your Charge/Intercede. Try a few matches of Huttball where you FORCE yourself to not jump for a single Cede/Leap, and see if the problem is lessened.

Just to be clear: I am NOT advocating that we should be barred from jumping to get LoS on our gap-closer. I'm just trying to build a consensus on what the problem is, so if Bioware ever looks at this thread again, they might maybe investigate why jumps are affecting point-to-point leap accuracy.

Watch out, I think there is some kind of rule against constructive well thought out posts:cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there,

We are absolutely investigating the issues that you're reporting with leaps and intercepts.

When posting about ability bugs of this nature, details are always going to be very helpful(we saw the video, thanks!). Does this happen with every leap ability? Is it every time, and if not how often? Do you notice it more in any particular instances (some said Huttball, for instance)?

Thanks so much for your patience! As we have details regarding what's causing this or when a fix is incoming, we'll be sure to let you know.

2014 and this is still one of the biggest issues on my Jugg and Guardian

I rember this started away back around 2.2-2.3 that time told you as many time before.....

but you need to look at what had change around that time compair the codes that have changed over that time

wether some code was missed our or don't work at all with the old game play.

Ive had a gutfull of this stupid glitch, its been going on for over 7 months now & if anything it has only gotten worse

FIX IT ALREADY! its totally ruined the guardian/jugg class

I cant understand how a bug bioware introduced can take so Fking long to fix

The best way to help them is try to find a solid way to get it to happen the most often possible. That way the engineers can do it themselves with code running to see what's messing up.

I haven't been able to find any pattern yet. There may not be an easily recognizable reason it's happening, which is what makes it a difficult fix.

And it is very frustrating. I missed a leap up to the ledge for Thrasher adds. That was the biggest annoyance I've had with it so far.

The best way to help them is try to find a solid way to get it to happen the most often possible. That way the engineers can do it themselves with code running to see what's messing up.

Ha! Just run into pit, jump like a mad monkey, and then leap/intercede to finish line or a ramp!

But this is too hard for dev/pvp "teams"... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

This bug is still happening and it's pretty bad. Last night many times in hut ball force leap falls way short and it's difficult like 70% fail when leaping from one platform to another to target, you fall short and all the way down to bottom level.

It's been over 6 months since this thread started and it's now 2014, any update or clue when this will be addressed?

• 1 month later...

This will become a major issue with the new vertical huttball map. I've already watched some videos of the new map showing this happening often with leapers.

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US, BIOWARE? WHEN WILL THIS BE FIXED?

There are too many parts of this game where it's more than just an inconvenience. This needs to be fixed. I'd start making analogies but there's no point - it's just like any other move in the game not working. This needs fixed and fast, please.

Same here. usually, it's not such a big issue. However, it turns into something very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very VERY nasty when Brontes, Raptus and other such baddies are suddenly turned into the raid due to this bug. I mean feature! It's a feature!

Fix this ASAP please!

• 2 weeks later...

So has this ever been addressed? Didn't find any dev posts and this is rather crucial for Juggernauts/Guardians in PvP who already got issues with mobility. If you need some instances to be able to reproduce it:

1. If the target stands on the ledge there is a huge (70% imo) chance that your leap/intercede will have you end up before it, not beside it, making you fall off (probably to your doom). This is gamebreaking in Rated PvP where you lose 15 seconds because you need to make your way back up to where the target is.

2. Jumping. A lot of players do jump before using Force Charge/Leap to get closer and a clearer vision of their targets. I noticed, however, that if using Force Charge while jumping has a big chance of making you Charge in place or halt while midway to the enemy.

3. Terrain. Small obstacles which do not obscure vision but nevertheless stick out and can be jumped on (rocks, small walls) can cause your leap to stop. If the terrain is uneven (if you jump from downhill to enemy who's uphill) there is a chance you'll fail the leap and a small chance that you'll glitch out of the map (speaking specifically about the hill on the way to the Southern bunker on Denova PvP map).

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Many threads in many places, still ignored.

Of course given the seeming hatred for force warriors that the devs have I don't find it all that surprising.

And powertechs/vanguards too! ;) But bioware seems don't care. :rolleyes:

Edited by Glower

And powertechs/vanguards too! ;) But bioware seems don't care. :rolleyes:

At least they don't get penalized for stopping to do ANYTHING, even the simple act of clicking on a mission objective blue object means your power (focus/rage) level is dropping, need to heal, lose power, wait for a debuff to timeout, lose power .... with all the other classes these actions don't present a penalty to combat effectiveness

• 2 weeks later...

L O L! This crap is still not fixed, even with new four-level (!) huttball warzone with a lot of jump spots. This is just incredible. :eek::(

I have not seen so much laziness and indifference in any other "AAA" MMORPGs, well maybe in Warhammer Online? But this is not a good example. :t_confused:

Edited by Glower

• 1 month later...

Things got a lot better on my guardian and everything seem to be fine but recently guardian leap/intercede now falls short and force leap/charge in huttball map hits the edge and stops to fall down to previous level. The worst i have had so far is on my marauder though. Hitting invisible walls in mid air and falling more then 10m short sometimes i can't even use force scream so i am literally slowed and walk to my target.. Let's be honest that in pvp, at the moment mars/sents are the easiest to stun cluster and slow so we really need that leap. Mar's and sents have been nerfed enough so that they are now either a combat glass cannon, moderate yet survivable annihilation and nerfed smash.

Please I'm not asking for mar/sent buff, just that the leaps are working correctly so they are at least playable.

I can tell for sure it doesn't only affect abilities. I've noticed many times that even a regular jump varies much in distance crossed. I've had occurrences where from standstill I jumped across at least 5m and other times when in the middle of a full speed run, my character just does some kind of crouching before jumping in the typical 'girl' cliche manner and not getting any farther than if I had kept running.

I can't even count the times where you are required to make a jump and even with the use of all of the 'boosts' such as certain speeders or rocket boots I still fall just short of an edge. I wish it were in mid air, but at a distance that hanging on by the eyelashes seems like a real possibility? that hurts even more.

Edited by LeJarC

• 3 months later...
Hello there,

We are absolutely investigating the issues that you're reporting with leaps and intercepts.

When posting about ability bugs of this nature, details are always going to be very helpful(we saw the video, thanks!). Does this happen with every leap ability? Is it every time, and if not how often? Do you notice it more in any particular instances (some said Huttball, for instance)?

Thanks so much for your patience! As we have details regarding what's causing this or when a fix is incoming, we'll be sure to let you know.

So how it's going? Any news after 10 months of "investigations"?

Seriously, Bioware... Please fix it. :(

• 1 month later...