[Guide/Video] Min-Maxing DPS, Stat / Gear Check

Xinika

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand the point of Accuracy for the hatred spec. Great guide as always and enjoyed the video.

1/2 your attacks still use melee attacks which are subject to debuffs from tanks + base consular / inquisitor dodge chance. You have to understand; missing is a gigantic DPS loss. It's a, could-have-been 11k hit etc. After a month of testing with no acc / vs acc, I can confidently confirm acc is a DPS gain overall, assuming your opponents are not globaled within the first 5 seconds.

Edited by Xinika

so my stats are

Willpower - 4185

Endurance - 4578

Critical Rating - 143

Surge Rating - 360

Accuracy - 99.61%/109.61%

Alacrity - 1.58%

i cant seem to get more then 3.1k solid on boss fights (standing still) and like 2-2.5ish chasing the boss (like the bird in ravagers)

am i doing something wrong or should i change my stats?

any help would be appreciated

1/2 your attacks still use melee attacks which are subject to debuffs from tanks + base consular / inquisitor dodge chance. You have to understand; missing is a gigantic DPS loss. It's a, could-have-been 11k hit etc. After a month of testing with no acc / vs acc, I can confidently confirm acc is a DPS gain overall, assuming your opponents are not globaled within the first 5 seconds.

Understood, so I guess the next question would be if you are mainly doing solo ranked were you chance of going up against a tank are slim (current trends) is it still worth it when tackling other classes (minus Sorcs). As you pointed out Sorcs and Tanks are the reason for the accuracy stat.

Thanks for the input!

so my stats are

Willpower - 4185

Endurance - 4578

Critical Rating - 143

Surge Rating - 360

Accuracy - 99.61%/109.61%

Alacrity - 1.58%

i cant seem to get more then 3.1k solid on boss fights (standing still) and like 2-2.5ish chasing the boss (like the bird in ravagers)

am i doing something wrong or should i change my stats?

any help would be appreciated

Here's a guide you might find useful. It doesn't go a lot into chasing bosses, but should help you to work out a rotation that will get you better than 3.1k on boss fights.

One thing I'll say here is that you don't have enough accuracy. Hatred desperately needs to never miss an attack, as certain attacks are worth more than their own damage when you miss, namely Discharge and Death Field, and especially your first hits in a fight. Missing those moves is going to hurt your damage more than (almost) anything else.

ok so atm im 718 accuracy (with comp buff) those extra 40 points will make that much of a difference? and yup i been looking at ur guide on dulfy

It's not going to be a 1000 dps difference, but it can range between 50 to 250 dps, depending on how lucky you are.

Understood, so I guess the next question would be if you are mainly doing solo ranked were you chance of going up against a tank are slim (current trends) is it still worth it when tackling other classes (minus Sorcs). As you pointed out Sorcs and Tanks are the reason for the accuracy stat.

Thanks for the input!

It is always worth it and overall a DPS gain, assuming your opponents do not die in 5 seconds. Even PTs have defenses against no-acc. Better safe than 'woops, there goes the hit that could've changed this game'

PvP, how many accuracy pcs are you talking about for hatred?... i wasnt running any @ first then been playing with stats here and there... need to kinda find a spot for this thing called accuracy ;D

Depends. I'd recommend just getting the implants over the enhancements; assuming you're swapping between all specs.

Edited by Xinika

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so, why are we stack power and not defensive stats as a "TANK"?

Second is what is the power rating goal?

you want us to get surge to 75%, without sacrificing defensive stats how?

So im basically at the 40/40/20 mark for my tanking stats are you saying i need to drop those as well?

Edited by allexj

Ok so, why are we stack power and not defensive stats as a "TANK"?

Second is what is the power rating goal?

you want us to get surge to 75%, without sacrificing defensive stats how?

So im basically at the 40/40/20 mark for my tanking stats are you saying i need to drop those as well?

I think why you're confused is because the suggested stats aren't for an actual tank. They're for a DPS hybrid that has the tank survivability and can still do some decent damage. You actually don't run any defensive stats, other than by carrying a shield generator.

I think why you're confused is because the suggested stats aren't for an actual tank. They're for a DPS hybrid that has the tank survivability and can still do some decent damage. You actually don't run any defensive stats, other than by carrying a shield generator.

then why play the tank spec at all?

then why play the tank spec at all?

Your argument is really dumb. "Hatred Sorcs can do okay healing, and do superior damage, so why should I play a healer?" is what you've basically said.

You play a real tank because the tank has better survivability than the "hybrid." A real dps also does better dps than the hybrid. You only play the hybrid if you want to be decent at both roles and excel at neither.

Your argument is really dumb. "Hatred Sorcs can do okay healing, and do superior damage, so why should I play a healer?" is what you've basically said.

You play a real tank because the tank has better survivability than the "hybrid." A real dps also does better dps than the hybrid. You only play the hybrid if you want to be decent at both roles and excel at neither.

not what i was saying at all! i was saying we are over all squishier in pvp then in pve compared to the other classes that's all i was saying, and on top of that i wanted to know what the best way to set up the gear was but its only tank, hold out tell your team mates get here and then die because their are no heals and come back and repeat, so basically i have to lower my stats in ranking for pvp because i have to die in order to protect my team mates i feel like this make no sense.

Excuse my noob question.

I'm on infiltration lvl 60 and i'm trying to gear up a little, as it is difficult to pay those prices on gtn, for 192 rating mods.

I understand most of those specs right now, and the following problem may be clearly my mistake from rotation side.

So my question:

Why we don't need alacrity? I have notice that this spec increases force regen rate, and helps me a lot, as i'm running out of force many times in combat(newcomer in correct rotations, or i don't use proper cooldowns). Just to check if it helps, i put an alacrity relic and 2-3 augments to increase it, and i do see a difference.

If from dps side we really don't need it, i can understand it.

My question is not for supporting alacrity of course, but to understand my play style and become a better player.

At this time i have not spend any specs to pvp(expertise), as i'm mainly in fp's and pve, ( occasionaly pvp just for fun).

Thanks in advance...

Edited by Sotmax

Excuse my noob question.

I'm on infiltration lvl 60 and i'm trying to gear up a little, as it is difficult to pay those prices on gtn, for 192 rating mods.

I understand most of those specs right now, and the following problem may be clearly my mistake from rotation side.

So my question:

Why we don't need alacrity? I have notice that this spec increases force regen rate, and helps me a lot, as i'm running out of force many times in combat(newcomer in correct rotations, or i don't use proper cooldowns). Just to check if it helps, i put an alacrity relic and 2-3 augments to increase it, and i do see a difference.

If from dps side we really don't need it, i can understand it.

My question is not for supporting alacrity of course, but to understand my play style and become a better player.

At this time i have not spend any specs to pvp(expertise), as i'm mainly in fp's and pve, ( occasionaly pvp just for fun).

Thanks in advance...

Alacrity is definitely a DPS increase. You should run at least a little Alacrity, as even with as much Accuracy as you need to hit 100% accuracy, you still get more dps trading a Surge piece for an Alacrity piece.

Alacrity is definitely a DPS increase. You should run at least a little Alacrity, as even with as much Accuracy as you need to hit 100% accuracy, you still get more dps trading a Surge piece for an Alacrity piece.

As im adding augments at this time, that was exactly what i expect as an answer, as i m between alacrity and surge.

About accuracy, i was thinking to push it above 100, but i m not sure if it has a sweet point, or suffers from diminishing returns.

Edited by Sotmax

As im adding augments at this time, that was exactly what i expect as an answer, as i m between alacrity and surge.

About accuracy, i was thinking to push it above 100, but i m not sure if it has a sweet point, or suffers from diminishing returns.

Accuracy is literally useless above 100% in PvE. Do not push it past. And all stats always suffer from diminishing returns, unless it's the contribution to bonus damage from primary stats or power.

Accuracy is literally useless above 100% in PvE. Do not push it past. And all stats always suffer from diminishing returns, unless it's the contribution to bonus damage from primary stats or power.

Accuracy straight 100%, no more for now.

I have droped critical to 18% and need to increase it till 24. Then all other to power.

Accuracy straight 100%, no more for now.

I have droped critical to 18% and need to increase it till 24. Then all other to power.

You're good on Accuracy, but that's not how Critical works. Your percent chance is a combination of your Critical Rating, Willpower, and Strength (only for melee). You should be aiming for a specific Critical Rating, not a percent.

Gearing & Stats Priority

• Accuracy is not mandatory as this spec since it receives the accuracy tank bonus. It is not recommend to use any accuracy pieces for this spec.
  • Absolutely no Crit
  • Absolutely no Alacrity
  • Must at least hit 75% Surge
  • All in Power (Due to Auto-Crits and the high uptime on Shock, Darkness' burst potential benefits greatly from stacking as much Power / Surge as possible)
  • Power / Main Stat Relics
  • Requires A Shield instead of a Power Generator
  • Resolve Augments (Makes it easier to hit the necessary crit without sacrificing enhancements / mods) or Power Augments for the all-burst style
  • Note that in 3.1, Alacrity may become more important due to Discharge changes.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether to take any Alacrity for Darkness PvP, or just go with full Surge?

You're good on Accuracy, but that's not how Critical works. Your percent chance is a combination of your Critical Rating, Willpower, and Strength (only for melee). You should be aiming for a specific Critical Rating, not a percent.

Wow...that was a huge mistake of mine.

Really thank you for that...

So, some help if it is possible.

Are they good or not?

Melee crit chance 19.20%

Base 5%

Bonus +14.20%

Strength (118): +0.36%

Willpower (3417): +8.24%

Critical rating (329): +5.60%

I think i read in a guide that crit rate has to be ~400 is that correct?

I have to inform that i m not fully geared right now as i'm on 186 rate gear and need to increase it to 192-198

Edited by Sotmax

Wow...that was a huge mistake of mine.

Really thank you for that...

So, some help if it is possible.

Are they good or not?

Melee crit chance 19.20%

Base 5%

Bonus +14.20%

Strength (118): +0.36%

Willpower (3417): +8.24%

Critical rating (329): +5.60%

I think i read in a guide that crit rate has to be ~400 is that correct?

I have to inform that i m not fully geared right now as i'm on 186 rate gear and need to increase it to 192-198

Your crit rating looks to be a smidge high, but not bad overall. If you drop it a little bit, and maintain the crit to power ratio in your gear (as in number of pieces of each) you'll be good for when you get into better gear. Get that Crit buff from an Agent/Smuggler, though, it's really important to have.

Your crit rating looks to be a smidge high, but not bad overall. If you drop it a little bit, and maintain the crit to power ratio in your gear (as in number of pieces of each) you'll be good for when you get into better gear. Get that Crit buff from an Agent/Smuggler, though, it's really important to have.

Well, i will follow your guidance on that.

I also read some posts about dps difference between serenity and infiltration, as serenity is DoT, so i m 99% to choose serenity right now.

I think serenity don't have that "burst over time depth" , and of course the dps numbers are way bigger than infiltration....

Edited by Sotmax