Please give us less adaptive bra's and more actual clothes for females

Look at this picture of princess Leia, the bounty hunter:

http://www.jedidefender.com/collect92/boushh%20rotj.jpg

That's what I want in this game. How hard can it be to make something like that? I would think it would be a lot easier than painting armor on the character models.

Not that hard at all really. Exact copy, no. But its like you haven't looked at the adaptive heavy armor styles. :p

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dancer Top (different color versions, but with dye packs, that's now pointless), Slave Bikini Top (Republic Dancer top is the same), Imperial Dancer Top...that's 3!

Light Armor belly shirt/wrap (Red side), that belly shirt a butt cape (med/heavy armors), and Aspiring Jedi Knight Vest (which I want as a CM purchase!)...

That's it for all the belly shirts/bras I can think of, outside of Energy Armor. Soooo, exactly how is there a lot of them and all there is?

Or was the OP being sarcastic?

What is the beret?

It's called something like Confiscated Mercenary's Headgear. It's Legacy-bound, and you buy it from a rep vendor on the Republic space station above Makeb. Requires Champion rep and costs 25k credits.

I really don't care about having a lot of female clothes from the GTN just have a skirt and a sort of sleeveless top thingy.

Though I'd prefer to see more lived in kind of armours.

sure I've worn these outfits, and yes I know some of them are nude pretty much. But look at Ayla secura, she didn't wear a lot too.

My suggestion is.

More 'normal' clothes

My female BH wears the adaptive mandalorian armor. Only the shape of the body gives her away as a woman. not revealing or tight fitting. Its similar to what the red-headed bounty hunter wears in the games art, only different colour.

My female BH wears the adaptive mandalorian armor. Only the shape of the body gives her away as a woman. not revealing or tight fitting. Its similar to what the red-headed bounty hunter wears in the games art, only different colour.

And if you had gone BT3, it wouldn't have likely been given away.

So, let me get this straight... you want armor for your female character to make it so that nobody can tell that you are a female? Because if that's REALLY what you want, you need to get a copy of the book (written mostly by women and is more making FUN of the "chainmail bikini" idea in fantasy fiction before you object) Chicks in Chainmail and read the short story (and I can't find the book on my shelf to get the story title) about some warrior women. Basically, the King thinks women shouldn't be warriors, so he decides to not allow them to wear anything other than the standard male armor because "customizing armor for women is expensive". This seems like a great way to keep most women from being able to join his military as many of them have medium to large breasts so they need custom armor. So, they go to a wizard and get a spell to remove their breasts (and even the women with smaller breasts that would have no problem and probably already do just wear the male armor still participate out of principle) so they can wear the male armor with no problem and the King is like "Arrrgh plan failed." because now their husbands (many of which are soldiers themselves) are mad at the king because their wives have no breasts. SO they all demand the king rescind his stupid rule and let the women have their custom armor, or they'll all quit!

I mention that, because... aside from making fun of the idea of women in chainmail bikinis, it also points out and pokes fun at many other issues fighting women must face (another gem is when Hillary Clinton dies and accidentally goes to Valhalla, where she stands up to Odin and tries bring to women's rights to medieval Norse society) and that's what this story kind of us, but it shows that women tend to have breasts... form fitting armor (as others have said, heavy armor needs to be) is going to have to be made to fit to the woman's form, if she's anywhere close to well-endowed. You can only smush big breasts so much.

As for the picture of Leia as Bouush, I'd say Leia is probably body shape 2. So, take body shape 2 and put it in most armor in the game, it's going to look VERY similar to that. Now, Body Shape 4 like most of my characters are (that many people say is fat, and I just want to slap their teeth out) yeah you're going to have a much much more feminine big-breasted shape, which is realistic, because like I said, you can only smush big breasts so much.

I love to shop on the GTN, and I buy the occasional adaptive armor, as some of it looks pretty good. The problem is a lot of the adaptive armor for females are just a bra. Some look fancy, some have short sleeves and so on, but most I find are just variations of the slave girl outfit. Which I hate, for that matter. (But considering how often I see a female companion wearing it, I know it's gotta be one of the most popular armors in the entire game after the Eradicator mask.)

What I don't get is why you have to sink so low to make it very difficult for female players to not look scantly clad. My jedi fortuately wears a heavy robe, but even she got to wear a bra at some point. Listed as heavy armor. How does that even make any sense? I'm just really tired of it. I know there are a lot of pigs in the game, but I really hope the developers can ignore them and focus on us normal people for a while. Newsflash: Women play games too, in case you didn't know.

That's nothing. Try playing a korean or chinese mmorpg. Swtor has very little revealing gear compared to games like Tera or any other mmorpg. Yes, there is that slave girl set, but it's only one piece of gear that comes in different colors. The remaining sets look more like sport bras, which aren't exactly in the same league as the slave girl set. I really think your just complaining for the sake of complaining. There are way more descent looking sets than there are revealing sets in swtor.

That's nothing. Try playing a korean or chinese mmorpg. Swtor has very little revealing gear compared to games like Tera or any other mmorpg. Yes, there is that slave girl set, but it's only one piece of gear that comes in different colors. The remaining sets look more like sport bras, which aren't exactly in the same league as the slave girl set. I really think your just complaining for the sake of complaining. There are way more descent looking sets than there are revealing sets in swtor.

Of course, this post misses the point, that, that is in fact, the point of TERA. :p

Hmmm...let's see...

Dancer Top (in many different colors, but that's pointless now with dye packs)

Slave Top (2 versions)

Imperial Dancer Top (1 version)

Total of 3 bra style armors.

Investigator Armor

Aspiring Jedi Knight Vest

Energized Force Master

Elder Seekers

Enshrouding Force (which looks very close to Investigator anyways)

Inspiration Vest (Despot version covers all)

Total of 6 belly shirt style.

Yup! 9 skin showing outfits compared to 100+ other tops that show no skin. OP is complaining to complain. :p

10 if we include Covert Armor.

Just open the collection window and go the the armor section and preview the equipment. As I have a female main character I can tell you for certain that most of them are not skimpy on female characters. Some you can't even tell that they have breasts. Which I want to add, if that is what you're looking for, doesn't make sense because the female characters do have breasts and any armor they wear would have to accommodate in some way.

Just open the collection window and go the the armor section and preview the equipment. As I have a female main character I can tell you for certain that most of them are not skimpy on female characters. Some you can't even tell that they have breasts. Which I want to add, if that is what you're looking for, doesn't make sense because the female characters do have breasts and any armor they wear would have to accommodate in some way.

Why I suggest BT3 for the OP. I saw a bald, female, BT3, in the heavy Trooper/BH armor and thought it was a male until they changed into the slave bikini.

the probem is you get it tooo easy and to many and the head gear is limited to females even with the dye don't allways help and if you take into account that you only have 1 or 2 female compains barring wether you are playing he or she it soon becomes junk........also need more headgear to many out fits dont have it or its a pain to get one.

ps if you say that scorpio is a female the you need help!!!

Ok, I took offence at this. Not for the usual reasons, but more for the lack of factual material. If you look HERE, there are 24 full armor sets. Only one has a midriff motif. Then there are 8 more that are chestpieces only. Not one is bra-like.

On to the more probable complaint, Cartel Packs. There are 41 armor sets that include a chest piece. Of those 41 there are 6 that can be classified as bra-like or midriffs. Ok, break down the math. Taking in all the gear, you have a grand total of 9.5% (or 14.6% of Cartel Packs) of the gear availible to women being classified as bras. Really?! You are talking less than 10%.

What you SEE is the preponderance of people who like the look, for whatever reason. It could be purely sexual or it could be purely iconic. There is a reason Leia's Metal Bikini gets so much business. I know you might think that Jamin started it because of some perverse fixation, but in reality, he has ALWAYS been into costume making. I met him LONG before he started the company and he loved dressing up in period and fantasy clothing. When women came to him at sci-fi conventions after finding out he made all his own clothing, Leia's bikini was a common request. Yes. Women frequently asked him to make that for them. The requests became so common, that he started the business of making them. Many women see Leia's slave bikini as empowering, not sexist.

TL:DR: Don't push your ideas on the community. If that is what they want, let them have it. I would love to see more of the Relaxed gear, where there is no more male/female clothing.

Agree with the OP!

But yeah, as others have said, I'm grateful this game is not as bad in that respect as some others out there...

As bad? o.O Even the 6 the previous poster mentioned are basically the same costume in different colors. In fact, they probably released them knowing they'd make more money on the packs with them, and then release the dyes, having made it waste for people searching for a color they like better than the first white one.

We need MORE bra/feminine options, not fewer. What do we actually have:

Bra-ish:

Slave Girl Top (no dye option) / Republic Dancer's Top (no dye option)

Imperial Dancer's Top (no dye option)

Stylish Dancer's Top / Fancy Reveler's Top / Reveler's Fine Top / Elegant Loungewear Top / Etc.

Feminine-ish:

Relaxed Jumpsuit Jacket

Relaxed Uniform Shirt

Aspiring Knight's Vest (no dye option)

Grand Inquisitor's Robe / Elder Battlemind's Vestments

Investigator's Robe

Marauder's Renowned Tunic / Inspiration Vest / Ablative Lacqerous Vest / Etc.

* So we have only 3 basic bra-ish tops, none of which are "combat-ready", as in they aren't armored at all, just fabric. Meanwhile, we have 100's of full robes and trooper-like armors out there that all look basically the same. We definitely need more feminine variety for our female characters, and not just recolours which don't make any sense now with dye packs.

There are so many amazing chest pieces and outfits out there that would look so awesome in SWTOR, just check out deviantart.com for the most and best examples of what could be.

Edited by PetFish

Bra-ish:

Stylish Dancer's Top / Fancy Reveler's Top / Reveler's Fine Top / Elegant Loungewear Top / Etc.

Feminine-ish:

Relaxed Jumpsuit Jacket

Relaxed Uniform Shirt

Investigator's Robe

* So we have only 3 basic bra-ish tops, none of which are "combat-ready", as in they aren't armored at all, just fabric. Meanwhile, we have 100's of full robes and trooper-like armors out there that all look basically the same. We definitely need more feminine variety for our female characters, and not just recolours which don't make any sense now with dye packs.

There are so many amazing chest pieces and outfits out there that would look so awesome in SWTOR, just check out deviantart.com for the most and best examples of what could be.

When did we ever see Jedi, Padme, Han Solo (outside of pretending to be a storm trooper), Lando, ect ect use armor in Star Wars?

It's like none of you actually watched Star Wars, to think "Combat Ready" means armor. They wore fabric clothing pretty much all the time UNLESS you were a Storm Trooper or Bounty Hunter, and even then, not all BH's wore body armor.

The problem is the only clothes in the entire game i've seen that isn't skin-tight are the robes, and honestly, robes are getting boring. Why can't we have normal clothes? What about baggy pants, or a loose shirt? Anything other than painting my clothes on me.

Robes, trooper armour, long skirts, diplomat's outfits, Padded shouldered jackets...

Honestly, there's a lot of armour which isn't "skin tight" out there. Sure, it's figure hugging, but the game has trouble rendering things which are too long and flowing, which is why the robes, skirts and capes look like they've been drowned in starch, and everything else is "figure hugging" whether it's male or female gear.

Just about all medium armour trousers would make my mother seriously worry about her chances of grandchildren. It's not just the females who have figure hugging outfits, but I think you're exaggerating the lack of "padded" or "bulked out" armour.

I do agree that "long and flowing" or "baggy" is troublesome, but I think that has more to do with the rendering engine than any idea of male chauvenism. It is no more true for female characters than for male ones. There are more "bikini" options for females, as there are a couple of "female only" outfits but no "male only" ones. Thank god for that...

When did we ever see Jedi, Padme, Han Solo (outside of pretending to be a storm trooper), Lando, ect ect use armor in Star Wars?

It's like none of you actually watched Star Wars, to think "Combat Ready" means armor. They wore fabric clothing pretty much all the time UNLESS you were a Storm Trooper or Bounty Hunter, and even then, not all BH's wore body armor.

So out of my entire post you focus on the one line about "combat-ready (armored)" bras and then say something stupid like we never actually watched Star Wars?

Would I like a few "armored" bra options? Sure. But what I really tried to get across was that there are so few feminine options right now and that I wished there were a lot more. Looking at any of the fantastic artwork on Google Images, and especially deviantart.com, really shows how many cool possibilities there are.

I'd love to post some direct images but some are risque and I don't want to get into trouble. If you go to deviantart.com, Aphrodite-NS is the absolute authority in wicked-cool Star Wars artwork, and specifically female artwork, and even more specifically SWTOR female artwork since she's an avid player also.

So out of my entire post you focus on the one line about "combat-ready (armored)" bras and then say something stupid like we never actually watched Star Wars?

Would I like a few "armored" bra options? Sure. But what I really tried to get across was that there are so few feminine options right now and that I wished there were a lot more. Looking at any of the fantastic artwork on Google Images, and especially deviantart.com, really shows how many cool possibilities there are.

I'd love to post some direct images but some are risque and I don't want to get into trouble. If you go to deviantart.com, Aphrodite-NS is the absolute authority in wicked-cool Star Wars artwork, and specifically female artwork, and even more specifically SWTOR female artwork since she's an avid player also.

The rest was covered in previous posts. :p

However, if you think it's to risqué to link here, why would they put those examples in game?

I'm really not against more options. As for the comment about SWs, seeing as how there are in fact players who don't seem to know anything about SW and play TOR because it's a game to play, seems like a valid question, especially when they say "Why would I go out to war in cloth armor?" Which, pretty much, everyone did in SW :p

Bra-ish:

Feminine-ish:

Relaxed Jumpsuit Jacket

Relaxed Uniform Shirt

Investigator's Robe

Agreed we need more. I'm still waiting on a simple tube top (like the Relaxed Uniform Shirt without the mummy armwraps and even skimpier) or a simple bikini top that's even skimpier than the Slave Girl Top and minus the butt/crotch flaps.

Edited by Projawa