My character was inspired by....

Talsalus

Technically speaking - my actual characters (at least the way they look ) weren't really inspired by anything, however when I first started making them - I named them the same as characters I have in WoW since those names hold a lot of sentimental value for me.

So I have 4 characters who share a name on WoW and SWTOR

EDIT: Actually I made my Jedi Sage look like my first character from SWG - a pink female Twi'Lek (albiet she was a Dancer) named Leah Jenday - since that name is too long; her name is now Leah'Jen.

This thread was too good for me to pass up...

First toon - Tiggs Thunderheart, names which will be familiar to anyone who played SWG

Second named for Tintin's dog

Third - Plooie, well, believe it or not.... a passing character from The West Wing

Fourth - Ootinni - needs no explanation

The rest - some spin or variant of the above (Flooie, Blooie, Wootinni, Plootinni)

thanks for starting :)

I wouldn't say my Sage was inspired by Stana Katic (Kate Beckett from Castle), because I created her before I started watching the show, but the resemblance is pretty uncanny...

http://imgur.com/eiNZYGK

Similar face, similar build (type 3), similar hair, similar voice. I pretty much copied her entirely by accident. She's awesome, though, so I'm not complaining.

My Imp side main, a Juggernaut, was named after the daughter of a Roman Emperor. No particular reason why; I liked the name, and I thought Anthemios was a quality ruler. They don't share biographical information.

My Pub side main, a Guardian, was named after a character in Matthew Stover's Acts of Caine named Marade. The main character of the stories, Caine, is basically a ghetto street thug, an assassin, whose main job was to kill people in entertaining ways. Marade? She was kind of a superhuman knight, parfit gentil, all that jazz. A Real Hero type of person. But some pretty...bad things happened to her (Caine himself being one of those things), and then a few more bad things happened to her, and eventually she got herself killed. So I wanted to make a Marade who did all that knightly Real Hero stuff, but who got a happy ending instead. Because I'm a sentimental person like that.

I made my main to look like the perfect woman. By the time I was done, it looked just like my wife. That seemed to pump her ego a bit lol

awww <3

and also

great trick :p

Whenever she starts whining you should remind her that or, you know, just have this post handy.

My first character was male, but my second one was as close to the ideal woman as I could get with the customization options we had at the time. Long red hair, green eyes, body type 2 :D

Edited by TheNahash

No not really. But I think it's quite a good idea now when you mention it. I'll do it in the future. Now my characters are inspired by my very own imagination. Of course they might be influenced by a lot of things I've seen during my life.

Speaking about names though. My first character was to be named after my favourite character from Scott's book "Ivanhoe". Unfortunately the name was already used, so I picked part of the name of another character from the same book which I didn't like so much as the previous one, but I didn't hate him either.

Then the name of my female trooper is inspired by character from 1981 movie "Excalibur".

Names of my other 2 characters are inspired by something I've heard or seen in the past as well, but nothing I'd remember particularly.

Edited by zzoorrzz

I just made my main 8 characters (one of each AC across both factions) to look like my other half. He's rubbish and doesn't play games much, so at least this way I still get to play with him.... sort of.

After that, I ended up making some leveling groups for fun with friends. Best one is the Charlies Angels trooper group, although keeping in line with the personalities is pretty hard, especially when what you actually say doesn't relate that well to what's on the dialog wheel. :p

My entire legacy was based off of the Teen Titans (even named it the Teen-Titans legacy.) My main is Ravyn (Raven was taken already) she's a Chiss Consular- Chiss for the nearly-grey skin and glowing red eyes. She's mostly light side but will go dark for specific reasons. Alts are as follows: Arella- Miriluka Jedi Sentinel based off of Raven's mom; Beast-boy- Mirialan scoundrel for the joking and the green skin, not to mention that BB is always trying to be a lady's man; Cyborg, the Cyborg Trooper because Cy's the tank of the group; Richard-Grayson the human bounty hunter because Robin is the one who actively hunts people down; Koriand'r the Cathar Sith Inquisitor based off of Starfire and made Cathar in homage to the episode when the team were made into animals; and finally there's Trigon, my Pure-blood Sith Juggernaut based off of Raven's demonic father.

I have many different characters. In looks, I just go by what I think fits that class. In personality, it depends.

Many of mine are inspired by the characters they model (My Warrior is like Vader, my Hunter like Jango Fett, my Trooper like Commander Code/Captain Rex.) However, a few of therm are quite unique.