Fps problems

JediHodgi

i know plenty of threads have been made like this, but i was just wondering, my fps is running at around 3-4 which is a disgrace. it occasionly has a little boost to 11-12 which is still disgraceful. just wondering will it be my laptop, internet or the game itself. im not all big on what the specs etc of a computer is but all i know is this

it has 4gb ram

pentium dual core t4500 @ 2.30ghz (dont know what that is but its on the same line)

64-bit operating system

mobile intel® 4 series express chipset family

please help

i know plenty of threads have been made like this, but i was just wondering, my fps is running at around 3-4 which is a disgrace. it occasionly has a little boost to 11-12 which is still disgraceful. just wondering will it be my laptop, internet or the game itself. im not all big on what the specs etc of a computer is but all i know is this

it has 4gb ram

pentium dual core t4500 @ 2.30ghz (dont know what that is but its on the same line)

64-bit operating system

please help

That's your problem right there.

Make sure you have shadows turned off, It pretty much doubled my framerate instantly.

This. For some reason Shadows dropped mine from 60 fps to 15. I didn't have those problems in the beta so no idea what changed, but I just turned them off.

I also forced anti aliasing to 16x through my video card control panel, and turned my texture quality UP and saw a significant boost (from 30 after shadows disabled, back up the the 60 I expect).

You have a slow, 2 year old, dual core, non-hyperthreading cpu and an integrated graphics card which shares your system memory. This system is sc****** the bottom of the system requirements for this game. Your experience is probably to be expected.

it has 4gb ram

64-bit operating system

please help

It sounds like a problem with the game. Whats your average internet? Or perhaps computer I have a friend with a quad core graphics card, and he never ever lags.

In the meantime, set the graphics on high and apply the settings... Then set them to low and apply the settings. Turn off shadows, reduce the grass/trees to 0, make sure Bloom is unchecked.

Then, check your resolution (native should be something like 1366*768) If the game is running at a high res, change it to something lower like 1024*768... see if that helps. I ran this game on a notebook that has a Intel GMA 4500mHD and it seemed to do ok, I wasn't rockin' 30-60 fps. And you shouldn't expect it too.

The Intel Series 4 chipsets are decent enough to run old games (even then, iffy) but new(er) games you should consider buying a desktop, or a new notebook/laptop....

WHY are there so many laptop idiots with integrated graphics thinking that it's Bioware's fault that they can't play the game?

It's like being angry about gas prices when you don't own a car.

i didnt say its the games fault, i was just checking, not exactly raging, i know it isnt a great laptop thats why i asked for other peoples oppions, they know more than me

by the way it is a laptop im running on not a desktop, i know desktops are better for gaming though so what processer etc is reccomended

Check the home page of swtor.com they should have a min sys req. It used to be listed on the Pre-Order page, but Im not sure where it is now...

This is what I have:

2nd Generation Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.3GHz

4GB DDR3 RAM

XFX GeForce 9500GT 512MB DDR2

My computer runs TOR just fine... even getting 20-60 fps (did the fix I mentioned above, and on the Republic Fleet/Corsucant).

My card is 3yrs old...

Don't mean to hijack this op thread but perhaps others could be of assistance. If you have a quad core processor and 2 are parked, is it best to "unpark" these to get a better experience in the game. I have 8 gig ram and integrated graphics card (shares chipset with memory), and im not sure if unparking these additional cores will boost performance at all or if there are negative affects in doing so (reduced battery life, overheating, etc.) If anyone has experience doing this please let me know.

(The reason why I posted on this thread is because if I attempt to create a new thread I cannot enter a title, thus, I cannot submit a new thread. If anyone in the community has experienced this please let me know as well. Thanks in advance.)

Don't mean to hijack this op thread but perhaps others could be of assistance. If you have a quad core processor and 2 are parked, is it best to "unpark" these to get a better experience in the game. I have 8 gig ram and integrated graphics card (shares chipset with memory), and im not sure if unparking these additional cores will boost performance at all or if there are negative affects in doing so (reduced battery life, overheating, etc.) If anyone has experience doing this please let me know.

(The reason why I posted on this thread is because if I attempt to create a new thread I cannot enter a title, thus, I cannot submit a new thread. If anyone in the community has experienced this please let me know as well. Thanks in advance.)

i cant help you on this but the reason you cant create a title is because the box is invisable, try highlighting the area ad the box will show while highlighted, then just click it