ETA on Advanced Class change?

But the game could arguably be worse for it. Let's use your example of planetary comms. Under the old system, you had to earn comms specific to a given planet and the gear you could purchase with those comms was equivalent to the content that awarded those comms. Under the new system, I can use my 55 assassin to go back to DK and farm planetary comms and then use those comms to buy the mods from corellia, a VERY substantial increase in level versus the content that awarded me those comms. Is this really an improvement?

yes. its a huge improvement. why? because in a way, it replaces tionese gear, among other things.

low level characters cannot buy mods above their level. but they CAN keep their gear upgraded. since you cannot have more than 100 coms at a time, it pretty much ensures that they stay upgraded - and/or make a tiny bit of extra income on a side selling their level mods on GTN. higher level characters who need to beef up a few pieces of gear here and there, or gear a companion? can do couple of lower level heroics and have lighter time questing through Makeb (or performing in lvl 50 hardmode flashpoints). it takes time to travel to various planets and finish those heroics. its not a good source of credits, since you get better credit return per time spent, just doing high level dailies. and high level mods that are not operations level - tend to sell for less than their lower level counterparts.

this change is good on many levels. it helps people gear. it removes all those odd coms sitting in currency tab doing nothing. is makes mod prices less insane, it gives extra options in gearing companions, creating less incentive in needing gear in flashpoints from actual characters of other people.

I literally see NO downside to planetary com change. now that they changed the limit from 50 to a 100 - it works splendidly.

people keep saying that someone switching AC's will be someone who doesn't know how to play. I see people who don't know how to play all the time already. someone who levels as a dps, switching to healing or tanking at max level won't be significantly worse than someone who switches AC's. someone who wears wrong gear for their class will STILl be wearing wrong gear for their class.

there are differences, significant differences between playstyles even within advanced class, depending on which tree you are specializing in.

Edited by Jeweledleah

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is exactly your opinon, and one that is baseless IMO. I believe you have chosen to ignore sensible arguments against because they do not line up with your views, instead of considering them. That, IMO, does not help move the discussion forward, and actually makes things worse.

"I don't like it" not a worthless argument, as I have said more than once. No amount of window dressing is going to turn "I don't like it" into anything more compelling than "I don't like it" (or "I do like it").

I'm pretty sure your not the person that defines or determines the scope of my comments or their intent. I believe only I can do that.

You can make up your own definitions for words, too:

punish: 1 a : to impose a penalty on for a fault, offense, or violation; b : to inflict a penalty for the commission of (an offense) in retribution or retaliation

2 a : to deal with roughly or harshly; b : to inflict injury on : hurt

It comes from both the pro and con crowd in this discussion. Predatory behavior for the sake of argument with no intent to further the discussion.

You are trying to give a discussion about something utterly trivial an air of weightiness. Cut it out.

"I don't like it" not a worthless argument, as I have said more than once. No amount of window dressing is going to turn "I don't like it" into anything more compelling than "I don't like it" (or "I do like it").

That is not the scope or breadth of the argument. It is what you have chosen to focus on to support your view.

You can make up your own definitions for words, too:

punish: 1 a : to impose a penalty on for a fault, offense, or violation; b : to inflict a penalty for the commission of (an offense) in retribution or retaliation

2 a : to deal with roughly or harshly; b : to inflict injury on : hurt

Well, thank you for your permission to do so, though I expect I wouldn't need it....in fact I'm sure I do not. It's pretty likely I can define what I mean without your assistance or approval.

You are trying to give a discussion about something utterly trivial an air of weightiness. Cut it out.

And your trying to iceskate uphill. It's more likely I will be successful than you will...but of course you can continue to try.

Edited by LordArtemis

That is not the scope or breadth of the argument. It is what you have chosen to focus on to support your view.

You and others can try to expand the "scope and breadth" of the argument to infinity and beyond. That doesn't alter the fact that there are two sides with equal footing: "I like it" and "I don't like it."

Well, thank you for your permission to do so, though I expect I wouldn't need it....in fact I'm sure I do not. It's pretty likely I can define what I mean without your assistance or approval.

But you have it nonetheless. Carry on.

And your trying to iceskate uphill. It's more likely I will be successful than you will...but of course you can continue to try.

I don't care whether AC is introduced or not. The only people ice skating, up hill or otherwise, are those who don't like the idea and have themselves in a dither over it, and you, with your attempts to turn the discussion into something akin to the Lincoln-Douglas debates.

You and others can try to expand the "scope and breadth" of the argument to infinity and beyond. That doesn't alter the fact that there are two sides with equal footing: "I like it" and "I don't like it."

Um....ok? So you have condensed the meaning, posted the simplified version and believe it therefore has validity, and any contention against that notion (IE: not that simple) is not logical or sensible?

Sure...lets toss that against the wall and see if it sticks.

But you have it nonetheless. Carry on.

Fair enough.

I don't care whether AC is introduced or not. The only people ice skating, up hill or otherwise, are those who don't like the idea and have themselves in a dither over it, and you, with your attempts to turn the discussion into something akin to the Lincoln-Douglas debates.

LoL.

.....a house divided against itself cannot stand.

Um....ok? So you have condensed the meaning, posted the simplified version and believe it therefore has validity, and any contention against that notion (IE: not that simple) is not logical or sensible?

It's simply a matter of preference. The people opposed to it could just own up to the fact that they don't like it and not try to couch their arguments in terms of "It promotes laziness, it's unfair, it hurts me, blah, blah, blah," as if such assertions can lend the weight of objectivity to their position.

While I'm sure that change is abused that way, consider one way that it helped:

On my first toon, with no legacy, no alts, no high level toon to help me out, I tended to be overleveled on content. (I was also not very good, so overleveling helped.)

Every single planetary commendation I received was worthless, as I could only buy armoring, mods, enhancements and other pieces that were many levels below me and tended to be worse than the available drops.

So an entire set of rewards (planetary commendations) were rendered largely valueless on my first character, all the way to 50.

Had this system been in place last year, I would always have a way to purchase at-level rewards with planetary commendations.

So the change to the commendation system has both a good side and a bad side. For every recommended change to the game, it is important to weigh both sides, rather than just see the potential for bad and immediately dismiss it as a possibility.

That change has a good side and a bad side. I feel it is more negative than positive due to the abuse I described. In point of fact, I do know for a fact that it is being abused in that manner. I know many people both in my guild and just friends in the game who are abusing in that manner. For every one person like yourself who may be working on their first character who may out level the content, there are many more who are working on alts and using their main to farm ultra low level content to outfit that alt in high level mods.

This may be great for the casual, but changes like this only lead to those "casual" players demanding more and using the "casual player with limited time" as an excuse for those demands. I am by no means a hard core gamer. In fact, I rarely get to play more than 3 hours a week, but I do not expect everything handed to me due to my limited time to play. I recognize the value of putting the effort into obtaining something, even if I obtain after 99% of the player base already has it.

yes. its a huge improvement. why? because in a way, it replaces tionese gear, among other things.

low level characters cannot buy mods above their level. but they CAN keep their gear upgraded. since you cannot have more than 100 coms at a time, it pretty much ensures that they stay upgraded - and/or make a tiny bit of extra income on a side selling their level mods on GTN. higher level characters who need to beef up a few pieces of gear here and there, or gear a companion? can do couple of lower level heroics and have lighter time questing through Makeb (or performing in lvl 50 hardmode flashpoints). it takes time to travel to various planets and finish those heroics. its not a good source of credits, since you get better credit return per time spent, just doing high level dailies. and high level mods that are not operations level - tend to sell for less than their lower level counterparts.

this change is good on many levels. it helps people gear. it removes all those odd coms sitting in currency tab doing nothing. is makes mod prices less insane, it gives extra options in gearing companions, creating less incentive in needing gear in flashpoints from actual characters of other people.

I literally see NO downside to planetary com change. now that they changed the limit from 50 to a 100 - it works splendidly.

people keep saying that someone switching AC's will be someone who doesn't know how to play. I see people who don't know how to play all the time already. someone who levels as a dps, switching to healing or tanking at max level won't be significantly worse than someone who switches AC's. someone who wears wrong gear for their class will STILl be wearing wrong gear for their class.

there are differences, significant differences between playstyles even within advanced class, depending on which tree you are specializing in.

I use the term you in a generic and not specific sense.

You may feel it is a good thing. i do not.

Do you feel that farming DK heroics for comms with which to buy the highest level mods available from a vendor is reasonable or in any way does anything other than to promote laziness by handing those comms to players for little to no effort? I know the "casuals" love it with their "limited play time" excuses, but not everyone with limited play time wants to everything handed to them. I know you can say "you want to to work for those high level mods, go ahead, this is a game and I'm gonna take the easy road because I can choose to do so".

If the devs had left the planetary comm system alone, then people could still farm those high level mods to fill in the gaps they had in their end game gear, and even to outfit alts and companions. They just wouldn't be able to farm ultra low level herp derp content to do so, and might actually have to <gasp> put a little effort into doing so.

I use the term you in a generic and not specific sense.

You may feel it is a good thing. i do not.

Do you feel that farming DK heroics for comms with which to buy the highest level mods available from a vendor is reasonable or in any way does anything other than to promote laziness by handing those comms to players for little to no effort? I know the "casuals" love it with their "limited play time" excuses, but not everyone with limited play time wants to everything handed to them. I know you can say "you want to to work for those high level mods, go ahead, this is a game and I'm gonna take the easy road because I can choose to do so".

If the devs had left the planetary comm system alone, then people could still farm those high level mods to fill in the gaps they had in their end game gear, and even to outfit alts and companions. They just wouldn't be able to farm ultra low level herp derp content to do so, and might actually have to <gasp> put a little effort into doing so.

it still takes effort to find which heroics give which mods, travel there, "derp" as you put it their way through the quests to buy a few mods here and there. its not exactly "handed" to them. less so than giving people starter tionese gear. and that's really all this is. starter gear. its good enough to get you through Makeb but its not even as good as the gear that drops from lvl 50 hardmodes. the lower level heroics are, the less credits you get. there are only a few heroics per planet and even travel time between them adds up. if someone wants to "derp" their way through it? why not. its neither time efficient nor credit efficient and the only thing it does is make farming those early planet kill achievements have an extra purpose.

basic gear? you have to "earn" arkanian gear? you definitely have to earn. one way or another, whether through crewskills and farming (I decided that I like crafting better then I like dailies, so I learned how to craft 66 mods, armorings and enhancements, as well as barrels and hilts, personally), making lots and lots of credits to afford to buy them (or learn how to craft them yourself)

before the system? I had a ton of those coms sitting on my currency tab, because sometimes I would outlevel them and sometimes, there just weren't the right mods for me to buy, and sometimes there would be that one lone comm that was good for nothing.

now? they are always good. low levels cannot "abuse" them because system prevents them to, and high levels who think its a better use of their time then doing something their own level? well... let them?

you are making a mountain out of a molehill. getting those coms from easy content doesn't offer nearly enough advantage over doing higher end content unless you think being able to do content instead of giving up trying to find a group at level is an advantage. (I dare you to try and find groups for Voss heroics, or let alone Corellia heroics on a regular basis. I dare you. one of my favorite things about being able to level to 55 - is being able to solo Voss heroics with relative ease. before expansion I've pretty much given up on Voss rep. now I'm about to hit legend.) actually... it offers no advantage at all, other than incentive to maybe go back and do old content every once in awhile.

That change has a good side and a bad side. I feel it is more negative than positive due to the abuse I described. In point of fact, I do know for a fact that it is being abused in that manner. I know many people both in my guild and just friends in the game who are abusing in that manner. For every one person like yourself who may be working on their first character who may out level the content, there are many more who are working on alts and using their main to farm ultra low level content to outfit that alt in high level mods.

You and I went a couple of rounds on the datacron thing in a similar capacity. The biggest divide between your viewpoint and mine is that I believe that the alt-leveling experience vastly benefits from convenience and shortcuts.

If I had to repeat every single side quest, every single planetary quest, every single heroic and every single space mission for every single alt I leveled, I wouldn't have made as many alts as I have. And I would have missed out on a lot of the story this MMO offers. Some of the things that help shortcut this process:

1. Legacy XP Boosts

2. Cartel XP Boosts

3. Presence Bonus for companion power

4. Making money on my 55 and sending to my new alt.

5. Crafting on my 55 and sending it to my new alt for free.

6. Using unlocked +41 power crystals from my collections.

7. Buying gear with comms on my 55 and sending it to my new alt through legacy gear.

You see #7 above is abuse. As cheating the system. As getting something they don't deserve. As if somehow, this fact is indicative of some general laziness and character flaw, bleeding into a videogame and will somehow eventually poison the game and turn it into something bad.

I see #7 above as a way to avoid some of the drudgery of an MMO to see more of the fun parts. I watched a friend of mine play EQ. He would spend uncountable hours doing the same things over and over again. It was about as appealing to me as watching paint dry. I laughed and instead played Baldur's Gate, Planescape and Kotor.

This game isn't devoid of grind, as would be the case in any MMO. But the fact that there are ways to avoid the grind, added by the devs, is a good thing.

Often times players will see anything as abuse or lazy behavior if it makes the leveling process easier or more palatable. That is the nature of how some players view gameplay, and it's really not the wrong way to look at it since it is subjective and we all have a right to our opinions.

However, generally speaking the market favors making MMOs more palatable to casual players. IMO planetary comms is one of those changes, and the game is more appealing to a wider audience as a result.

It was a wise choice to make for the health of the game despite the complaints from hardcore players...and I hope they continue down this wiser path.

You and I went a couple of rounds on the datacron thing in a similar capacity. The biggest divide between your viewpoint and mine is that I believe that the alt-leveling experience vastly benefits from convenience and shortcuts.

If I had to repeat every single side quest, every single planetary quest, every single heroic and every single space mission for every single alt I leveled, I wouldn't have made as many alts as I have. And I would have missed out on a lot of the story this MMO offers. Some of the things that help shortcut this process:

1. Legacy XP Boosts

2. Cartel XP Boosts

3. Presence Bonus for companion power

4. Making money on my 55 and sending to my new alt.

5. Crafting on my 55 and sending it to my new alt for free.

6. Using unlocked +41 power crystals from my collections.

7. Buying gear with comms on my 55 and sending it to my new alt through legacy gear.

You see #7 above is abuse. As cheating the system. As getting something they don't deserve. As if somehow, this fact is indicative of some general laziness and character flaw, bleeding into a videogame and will somehow eventually poison the game and turn it into something bad.

I see #7 above as a way to avoid some of the drudgery of an MMO to see more of the fun parts. I watched a friend of mine play EQ. He would spend uncountable hours doing the same things over and over again. It was about as appealing to me as watching paint dry. I laughed and instead played Baldur's Gate, Planescape and Kotor.

This game isn't devoid of grind, as would be the case in any MMO. But the fact that there are ways to avoid the grind, added by the devs, is a good thing.

I know that this game has gotten, shall we say, a lot more alt friendly, to say the least. They've added things like allowing people to farm ultra low level content for the highest mods available from a vendor.

I also know that since they started adding things like allowing players to "cheat the system" as you put it, by farming ultra low level content for the highest mods, we have seen an upsurge in the numbers and types of things players are asking be given to them for little to no effort, or asking to made available for purchase.

We've seen players asking to be handed datacron stat bonuses on characters that did not earn them because they did not want to put the effort into finding the datacrons on that character since they had already found them on one character. We've seen people asking to be able to buy the class buffs because they don't want to actually level characters to earn the buffs. We've seen people asking to be able to change class because they do not want to put the effort into leveling a character of the actual class they want to play.

Do I need to continue?

Sometimes, people can actually be harmful in an attempt to be helpful, and it's possible the devs are treading dangerously close to that line. I said it before, but if you give a mouse a cookie...

I know that this game has gotten, shall we say, a lot more alt friendly, to say the least. They've added things like allowing people to farm ultra low level content for the highest mods available from a vendor.

I also know that since they started adding things like allowing players to "cheat the system" as you put it, by farming ultra low level content for the highest mods, we have seen an upsurge in the numbers and types of things players are asking be given to them for little to no effort, or asking to made available for purchase.

We've seen players asking to be handed datacron stat bonuses on characters that did not earn them because they did not want to put the effort into finding the datacrons on that character since they had already found them on one character. We've seen people asking to be able to buy the class buffs because they don't want to actually level characters to earn the buffs. We've seen people asking to be able to change class because they do not want to put the effort into leveling a character of the actual class they want to play.

Do I need to continue?

Sometimes, people can actually be harmful in an attempt to be helpful, and it's possible the devs are treading dangerously close to that line. I said it before, but if you give a mouse a cookie...

if you give lazy people an inch they will try to take a mile.

There is also a MASSIVE difference in doing things to make a game more alt friendly and then changing the game so people don;t need to make alts, like AC changes.

Bioware said back in beta to the full time beta tester that they added in all the confirmations at the AC select screen because they were never going to allow AC changes. Now being political they will not tell people that it will never happen now that the game is live because that is a negative, but saying it won't happen anytime soon is just a positive way of saying "no will will never happen."

you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

For some reason, it just sticks in the craw of these busybodies who want to dictate to everyone else that the best way to play the game is how they (the busybodies) play and anyone seeking to do it in a more relaxed fashion is lazy or entitled or whatever meme-of-the-hour they choose to run up the flagpole.

For some reason, it just sticks in the craw of these busybodies who want to dictate to everyone else that the best way to play the game is how they (the busybodies) play and anyone seeking to do it in a more relaxed fashion is lazy or entitled or whatever meme-of-the-hour they choose to run up the flagpole.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I am not against all conveniences. You may not understand, but it is possible to favor certain conveniences while at the same time believing that some things should remain in the "a modicum of effort is required if you want this" category.

I was not against speeder training being dropped to level 15 for subs, nor the cost for that training being lowered. I was not against the introduction of XP boosts, or even the double XP weekends. Lowering the time required to reach max level allows new players to join the game and not feel overwhelmed by the leveling process as well as making it easier and quicker for those wishing to level alts to reach max level.

Lowering the time to reach max level is far different than allowing class changes or handing someone a character of a new class at any level.

If a player wants to play a new class, then they can make use of those time saving conveniences to actually level that new class. It takes little time or effort to reach max level, even for a player with limited time. Will that player have it today, instantly? No, but they can probably reach max level within 2 weeks, not an unreasonable amount of time. If they instead choose to use their "limited" time for other pursuits, then I guess maybe they do not want that new class, after all.

Edited by Ratajack

.....but saying it won't happen anytime soon is just a positive way of saying "no will will never happen."

Just to be clear they didn't say it wouldn't happen any time soon. I think your confusing the statement about Faction change (....so this isn’t on the horizon anytime soon) with AC change.

What they said, or he said I should say is that they were seriously talking about it recently and that it is likely to happen eventually.

First, the question...

18. Will be there any faction or Advanced Class change option available for purchase in the future?

Then the answer, in stages....first he speaks to Advanced Class change directly....

We have had serious talks recently about offering an Advanced Class change option – I think that one will likely happen eventually.

The very next sentence he speaks to Species change...

Species is likely as well.

Then the very next sentence he talks about FACTION SWITCH...

Doing a FACTION SWITCH is considerably more difficult for us, though, due to the various quest flags set throughout the level up process, so this isn’t on the horizon anytime soon.

Other than bringing emphasis to the words faction switch the entire section is posted here VERBATUM. It is undeniable....he is saying no to FACTION CHANGE.

swtor f2p/future content interview with Damion Schubert on Duffy.net

Edited by LordArtemis

The only compelling reason bioware should give lazy people what they want is because they can make money selling it on the CM. Thanks all you tree sloths.

People willing to pay RL money for things in game, and EA/Bioware pushing the limit on what is "acceptable" to sell on the CM is the reason this, or any other change wont matter much longer.

The only compelling reason bioware should give lazy people what they want is because they can make money selling it on the CM. Thanks all you tree sloths.

Why must you (and a handful of others) persist in being nasty, arrogant and derogatory in your arguments.

There are plenty of good reasons to disallow AC swapping, but you make our side sound like a bunch of whiny children. Knock it off - you're not helping make the point.

Here is an example where a change could be useful. I didn't realize it until I decided to do a bit of crafting.

I have a crafting bot...my smuggler. He's a scoundrel, was pushing him up the scrapper line because I already had too many healers.

Well, I discovered scrapper was not fun to play at all. Not a good healer, not a good dps, only really effective at close range and even then not as good as other melee classes on average. Overall a pretty underwhelming class to play in PVE.

So, at level 15 I quit playing him...and there he has sat ever since. I don't even have his ship. I just didn't bother to continue to level him since I couldn't change the AC but didn't want to sink the substantial cash into gearing a reroll.

It means I haven't played the smuggler storyline past that level. It means it's unlikely he will ever see 16. I use him to make mods and earpieces, and run around to harvest mats on Coruscant every once in a while.

Here is where an AC reset would be useful....first, he's just at 15. I've just barely started playing the class. Second, it

s unlikely I would level him, or any other smuggler for that matter because I'm theoretically stuck in stubborn limbo. If I could pull him out of this weak AC (as I see it) and put him into a better PVE spec I would level him to the top.

So there you go. One way it could be helpful, and I doubt it would hurt other folks in the game if I did that.

Ok you want a Class change for a LEVEL 15?! Seriously? Just make a new char and use your old one for crafting.

I hope when it ever comes that it costs so much Cartellpoints/money that the people have to think 500 times about it before they do it. And when they do it it must be so expensive that they can do it only for 1 char.

I dont know ANY game where a Class change is possible. It feels wrong in 100 ways. Not even WoW has a class change and they do **** to money there.

Please bioware never allow a Class change. There are so many experience boosts out there it is no problem to get a new char in 2 /played days or less to maximum. Thats ENOUGH.

Edited by DragonClaVV

Ok you want a Class change for a LEVEL 15?! Seriously? Just make a new char and use your old one for crafting.

I hope when it ever comes that it costs so much Cartellpoints/money that the people have to think 500 times about it before they do it. And when they do it it must be so expensive that they can do it only for 1 char.

I dont know ANY game where a Class change is possible. It feels wrong in 100 ways. Not even WoW has a class change and they do **** to money there.

Please bioware never allow a Class change. There are so many experience boosts out there it is no problem to get a new char in 2 /played days or less to maximum. Thats ENOUGH.

Come on. Roll a THIRD smuggler? You don't think that might be just a bit ridiculous?

First, I don't want AC change. If it comes, great (I think it is the smart move for the game), if it doesn't that is fine for me as well. The character is staying at level 15 and I won't roll another. Two is enough.

The point was presented as a reason to allow it. If you think that it's unreasonable to allow an almost brand new character to change AC...well...that just shows there are folks that are dead set against this idea no matter how much sense it might make...

And there is nothing wrong with that. But in the end I strongly doubt there is ANY reasonable reason someone could give as to why a new character shouldn't be able to change their AC. All of the other arguments go out the window with a character this low.

Edited by LordArtemis

Just to be clear they didn't say it wouldn't happen any time soon. I think your confusing the statement about Faction change (....so this isn’t on the horizon anytime soon) with AC change.

What they said, or he said I should say is that they were seriously talking about it recently and that it is likely to happen eventually.

First, the question...

Then the answer, in stages....first he speaks to Advanced Class change directly....

The very next sentence he speaks to Species change...

Then the very next sentence he talks about FACTION SWITCH...

Other than bringing emphasis to the words faction switch the entire section is posted here VERBATUM. It is undeniable....he is saying no to FACTION CHANGE.

swtor f2p/future content interview with Damion Schubert on Duffy.net

do you still not grasp that it is a political answer? He is not gonna shoot down an idea to keep lazy players dreaming of short cuts.

They said back in beta that AC changes will never happen as your advanced class is your class. They are just now being political and not saying negatives. If you notice any time they answer something that is not going to happen they say something like "It is always a possible" or some sort of non answer. It is to keep hope for the simple mind playerbase that want eveyrthing handed to them without earning anything.

It is never going to happen unless they want to kill off the game. EA is making money they will not do something that has the rick of turning off the bulk of their subscription crowd.

Come on. Roll a THIRD smuggler? You don't think that might be just a bit ridiculous?

First, I don't want AC change. If it comes, great (I think it is the smart move for the game), if it doesn't that is fine for me as well. The character is staying at level 15 and I won't roll another. Two is enough.

The point was presented as a reason to allow it. If you think that it's unreasonable to allow an almost brand new character to change AC...well...that just shows there are folks that are dead set against this idea no matter how much sense it might make...

And there is nothing wrong with that. But in the end I strongly doubt there is ANY reasonable reason someone could give as to why a new character shouldn't be able to change their AC. All of the other arguments go out the window with a character this low.

while being a tester for the game i have made 18 jedi knights to 50. leveling a character in this game is no big deal. If you are too lazy to level a new character you really do not want that character anyways, which inturn means you are not going to be a long term player. That is exactly the type of player MMOs do not want.

do you still not grasp that it is a political answer? He is not gonna shoot down an idea to keep lazy players dreaming of short cuts.

Do you not grasp that this is completely your opinion? You have no more basis in fact than anyone else, except that you ASSUME a different meaning where it clearly means what it means.

You MIGHT be right, but it's more likely he meant what he said. I'll concede it's possible, but acting like your more likely right than someone who reads it as it's written is just ridiculous. The Con side lacks the credibility here, not the Pro side.

So cut the attitude.

Now, do I think your slant is more likely? Sure. but remember that you should pose it as your opinion, what you think they meant, not as absolute fact. Otherwise you cast a lack of credibility on your post.

They said back in beta that AC changes will never happen as your advanced class is your class. They are just now being political and not saying negatives. If you notice any time they answer something that is not going to happen they say something like "It is always a possible" or some sort of non answer. It is to keep hope for the simple mind playerbase that want eveyrthing handed to them without earning anything.

Your using a past quote from a now defunct development team to debunk a recent comment from the current team. Again, you might be right, but your being speculative.

Simple mind playerbase? Do you really feel insulting other players furthers your point or gives it even a shred of validity? Are you incapable of making your point without violating forum rules?

It is never going to happen unless they want to kill off the game. EA is making money they will not do something that has the rick of turning off the bulk of their subscription crowd.

Well, other than this comment being just plain silly IMO, it is completely speculative AND tired by now. Really, you guys should come up with some new ones....F2P will ruin the game, Cartel Market will ruin the game....appearance changes, cross class armor, shorter QT times, CC legacy unlocks...it's getting pretty old.

The changes made recently SAVED the game, like it or not. It had all of the restrictions and narrow design elements that hardcore players loved and the game fell FLAT ON IT"S FACE. The dev team is gone.

Like it or not the game is changing. That might be something hardcore players have to learn to live with.

The argument that they meant something else, or that it was doublespeak is a SENSIBLE argument. Just lose the attitude and perhaps folks will take it seriously.

Edited by LordArtemis

That was your response to my post. Why does that not surprise me?

I'm thinking your point might be directed precisely at you. I think your keyboard really needs a rest. Your violating forum rules left and right and that is not a good thing...trust me on that one.

Edited by LordArtemis