No PvP content until 2.4...I think this is it for this guy.

cycao

You guys are conveinently forgetting that you have had PVP since 2.0. The Gree Event returned so there is some "new" PVP action for you so technically BW did not forget about you. Yes I would kill for a couple fo new WZ's just like everybody else but until then either go attack people in the open world PVP or click on your button to Q up for the normal PVP. Face it, if you like to PVP then you are gonna play it no matter if it is the same maps from forever ago. Just play it, have some fun with it, or just go ahead and click your UNsubscribe button and do the rest of us a favor so we don't have to listen to the QQ'ing... Or come to The Harbinger and feel the wrath of the Republic side!!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL... def take some friends with you or make friends. It's not the type of game that's solo play friendly because of it's massive scale.

I drive even my RL friends nuts because I do not have a set gaming schedule. I just jump in when I can. Guild I just joined here hoping to run premades with has seen me like 2 times in game in the past week. lol Just hard to coordinate with someone like me.

Could just stick to single player games, but I like facing other people and even do like a team environment as it adds more layers than fighting NPCs.

You guys are conveinently forgetting that you have had PVP since 2.0. The Gree Event returned so there is some "new" PVP action for you so technically BW did not forget about you. Yes I would kill for a couple fo new WZ's just like everybody else but until then either go attack people in the open world PVP or click on your button to Q up for the normal PVP. Face it, if you like to PVP then you are gonna play it no matter if it is the same maps from forever ago. Just play it, have some fun with it, or just go ahead and click your UNsubscribe button and do the rest of us a favor so we don't have to listen to the QQ'ing... Or come to The Harbinger and feel the wrath of the Republic side!!!

lol. A "pvp" event that no one does pvp at and all it has generated is pve players complaining that they get attacked while doing it. It is pve content disguised as wannabe pvp.

I don't understand why people have such a problem with pvp players requesting some truly new pvp-oriented content.

And I don't have to go cancel. I already did that 2 months ago. Just waiting for my 6 month sub to expire... which is too bad. I have kept up 6 month subs since the game launched.. but no more.

Gree open world PvP

Well this is part of the issue. While the gree event was a change of pace it, its still only a 4man FFA with no rewards (achievements are broken for some so they don't even get credit for kills) and queuing for warzones is my issue right now, after doing thousands of them they get stale.

the gree event is not PvP content.

its PvE content, inside of a PvP zone.

by that same logic, Black Hole and Section X are PvP content (theyre not; its PvE content)

agreed. The case could have been made that it was a pvp event back in the day but since BW caved to carebears and changed the orb quest, it has just been a daily area with better reputation rewards.

agreed. The case could have been made that it was a pvp event back in the day but since BW caved to carebears and changed the orb quest, it has just been a daily area with better reputation rewards.

Pretty much, yes.

BioWare said in a Blog from 1.2:

"In Game Update 1.2, any level 50 player will be able to queue up for Ranked Warzones by themselves or in a group of any size up to eight players."

"The Ranked Warzone matchmaking system will match full groups of eight against one another, solo players against one another, players with similar ratings."

"We know that the flexible matchmaking and mixed matches are not ideal. They are only in until cross-server queuing is available and are the primary reason Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2 are Pre-Season."

Patch 1.2 was released 12/4/2012.

They pulled RWZ at the last possible moment and released it in 1.3, ONLY 8 man teams able to que(still are). The Solo/grouphowevermany feature was pulled. The cross-server queing was never again talked about. We are over 1 year into Pre-Season and still we havent seen or heard anything of what they stated in this blog. BioWare need to respond because 2.4 is far away atm.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/blog/pvp-game-update-1.2

Edited by Chrisarn

Link is here.

Honestly the one thing we are getting is our CC break will now reset on death (which I think is pretty stupid) However, I have been hoping and praying for some content because I find myself less and less motivated to do anything in game. I log in, see whats going on and I log off. I don't think I can justify waiting another 3 months for one more warzone.

My god. No new warzones, no fixes for Civil War to be less boring crafting time, healing adjustments or even an acknowledgement? Ridiculous.

Edited by dcgregorya

BioWare said in a Blog from 1.2:

"In Game Update 1.2, any level 50 player will be able to queue up for Ranked Warzones by themselves or in a group of any size up to eight players."

"The Ranked Warzone matchmaking system will match full groups of eight against one another, solo players against one another, players with similar ratings."

"We know that the flexible matchmaking and mixed matches are not ideal. They are only in until cross-server queuing is available and are the primary reason Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2 are Pre-Season."

Patch 1.2 was released 12/4/2012.

They pulled RWZ at the last possible moment and released it in 1.3, ONLY 8 man teams able to que(still are). The Solo/grouphowevermany feature was pulled. The cross-server queing was never again talked about. We are over 1 year into Pre-Season and still we havent seen or heard anything of what they stated in this blog. BioWare need to respond because 2.4 is far away atm.

Source: http://www.swtor.com/blog/pvp-game-update-1.2

The game would certainly have been better if they had given us what they said they would way back then. Now I wonder if we will ever get them.

The problem is that WZ objectives don't line up with the newer mechanics of the game. Refreshing stun break on death is going to further mess of the sync between game objectives and player mechanics. Already we're seeing more and more stalemates in CW, VS and NC. Guarding a node will be trivial if you know you can come back to your post with a stun break every time.

We've waited a very long time for a PVP update. This is disheartening news.

Disheartening indeed. I have to say, i'm just seeing how long leveling alts keeps me interested, then I'm probably gone. I'm sick of the state of PvP, especially end game.

So what game is everyone going to play and can I come?

This. I have no doubt I'll be a part time player as FTP and Ill come back for .4, but I need something fun to play (i.e. with people I kinda know) for this summer.

Edited by islander

Link is here.

Honestly the one thing we are getting is our CC break will now reset on death (which I think is pretty stupid) However, I have been hoping and praying for some content because I find myself less and less motivated to do anything in game. I log in, see whats going on and I log off. I don't think I can justify waiting another 3 months for one more warzone.

Enjoy your summer cycao, nothing else to do! :) I got 4-5 days left on my sub too, but I log in and I can't even get myself to finish the dailies on my two mains. Usually I'll just do one toon and log off.

I'll come back in the Fall and see if the staff has changed a bit and if they are starting to get the needs and the wants of the pvp crowd. Balance needs another look over as well.

Enjoy your summer cycao, nothing else to do! :) I got 4-5 days left on my sub too, but I log in and I can't even get myself to finish the dailies on my two mains. Usually I'll just do one toon and log off.

I'll come back in the Fall and see if the staff has changed a bit and if they are starting to get the needs and the wants of the pvp crowd. Balance needs another look over as well.

Yep I have one goal this summer and its to get my handicap down to single digits which should happen soon.

I was amazed how fast PS2 downloaded for me. Seems like 8GB took a LOT longer for SWTOR.

Anyway; playing it, I thought it would be awesome if an MMO used its territory capturing system for an OWPvP planet/area. Could just use MMO combat as well. Would be freakin awesome!

Don't think this game is capable though; and I think you have to be careful about one side being cooler than the other(s) which after playing both sith and pub toons to 50, I can tell you this game made that mistake. Just look at the counselor voice compared to inquisitor. Game over.

I have been looking at Wildstar and it looks pretty cool. Been trying to get into the Beta. It won't be out until the fall though I think. That would be awesome if they make a new Battlefront game. Supposedly it's going to be built on the Dice engine like Battlefield

Wildstar sounds amazing, they have arenas in for launch, so just get a team of 2vs2 3vs3 etc and get that rank :)

Wildstar sounds amazing, they have arenas in for launch, so just get a team of 2vs2 3vs3 etc and get that rank :)

Wildstar looks too cartoony for me. I've been holding out for ESO for quite a while. It's in beta right now. 3 different factions should make pvp interesting.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.