No PvP content until 2.4...I think this is it for this guy.

cycao

Link is here.

Honestly the one thing we are getting is our CC break will now reset on death (which I think is pretty stupid) However, I have been hoping and praying for some content because I find myself less and less motivated to do anything in game. I log in, see whats going on and I log off. I don't think I can justify waiting another 3 months for one more warzone.

Edited by cycao

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gone, cba... They said on Cantina meeting that SHORTLY after 2.0 we would get an PvP update. Do they call 2.4 SHORTLY after 2.0?

...but....but...it's only .4 of a difference :rolleyes:

Haha, joking aside yea it's disappointing, but it does sound like it's going to be something good from what he alluded to.

Let's hope it's not a bait and switch and it doesn't wind up being lame.

Getting your CC break after death is stupid. Pretty sure THAT will make me quit.

Yeah was just thinking about that, might be to early for me to actually think how negative of an effect this will have potentially.

PvP content post-August 6, meaning at least 8 months in between PvP patches (and obviously more, given reality). 8 months. In that time there is / was a new Op, a new difficulty mode for TfB, a new difficulty mode for the new Op, new flashpoints and a new daily area.

The problem is that WZ objectives don't line up with the newer mechanics of the game. Refreshing stun break on death is going to further mess of the sync between game objectives and player mechanics. Already we're seeing more and more stalemates in CW, VS and NC. Guarding a node will be trivial if you know you can come back to your post with a stun break every time.

We've waited a very long time for a PVP update. This is disheartening news.

The problem is that WZ objectives don't line up with the newer mechanics of the game. Refreshing stun break on death is going to further mess of the sync between game objectives and player mechanics. Already we're seeing more and more stalemates in CW, VS and NC. Guarding a node will be trivial if you know you can come back to your post with a stun break every time.

We've waited a very long time for a PVP update. This is disheartening news.

Those side nodes in CW need to have the speeders moved anyway.

Yeah was just thinking about that, might be to early for me to actually think how negative of an effect this will have potentially.

MM Snipers = CC immune. Period.

Between almost always having the breaker plus Entrench and Entrench after Roll It'll be tough to keep them controlled.

The next biggest thing they have to do for PvP is cross-server ques. They pretty much have to if they want to stablize server population because paid sever transfers could be a problem for them if they make PvPers wait till ~November to have more rated competition.

MM Snipers = CC immune. Period.

Between almost always having the breaker plus Entrench and Entrench after Roll It'll be tough to keep them controlled.

Yeah I shall remove that comment, was made in a fit of rage.

So what game is everyone going to play and can I come?

Thinking of busting out my ps3 and giving that a shot I have literally not turned it on since this game launched. All else fails new BattleField looks good so far.

so we will have waited at least 1 year and 9 months for Preseason 1 to turn into Season 1..............

the only consolation here is that cross server queues would require a significant time investment to implement. maybe thats why we have to wait so long

Planetside 2 is a great game... The new BF4 looks sick and hopefully it's more than just rumor that there's potentially a Battlefront game in the works.

Well I play with some avid BF players so I shall be getting ahold of you to put some holes in people.