WarZone quitters on the rise?

FourPawnBenoni

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I expect you to answer now : "Then they shouldn't do PvP".

I would but you have done that for me ;)

What PvE people should understand is that while they focus on PvE and decide to PvP from time to time, there are people who only PvP.

I do not go and queue for PvE instances even though i could as i have cleared most of them many times before. If i didn't i would never ever queue without any experience and even then i would at least try to learn what to do so that i DO NOT SPOIL THE GAME for players that focus only on PvE.

This is what PvE people don't get.

There are PvP players out there who do not wan't their time wasted. Simple.

If you are a PvE player and join a WZ, listen to hints, directions, tips etc. Don't act like "i'm an uber PvEer that cleared everything on nightmare so i know everything better and you will not teach me anything as i'm better than you anyway".

Edited by Endel

It's funny that most of the leavers leave at the first sign of trouble. Enemy caps 2 at the start, 1 bomb is planted in the voidstar, enemy scores once in huttball. It's even more funny when we actually win the match, even though the start wasn't as good as it could have been.

There are more signs than you seem to understand. If any team is half competent, then:

1. (ACW) You will have a stalemate in the middle for a good 2-3 minutes.
  2. (Huttball) You will have a 0-0 stalemate for a good 2+ minutes.
  3. (Huttball) If the enemy team scores, your team has mid 100% locked down.
  4. (AHG) You have a fairly even fight (10-30 point difference), no double-capped side nodes
  5. (Voidstar) On offense you are burning people down (even if not capping)
  6. (Voidstar) On defense you are holding the first door for at least 2-5 minutes
  7. (All) Classes that can heal, respec heals whenever there are no dedicated healers on your team

If your team doesn't satisfy any of these conditions, you aren't playing with a competent team, or one that is actually trying to win (some premades on Po5 that like to troll the regular WZ's by going around in a coordinated 4-man group that just attack-caps objectives).

You might win in the off-chance you have a stroke of luck and your opponents make mistakes in their arrogance of thinking they've already won. But in situations where the above aren't met, and you're on the loosing side, it is almost certain you'll loose. This is purely due to the fact that the team obviously lacks skill with either class mechanics, situational awareness, or any team work (just want to DPS-derp everything they see).

If the above conditions are met, your team likely has people playing and willing to do anything to secure the win. Meaning you actually have a GOOD shot at coming back.

Edited by Yeochins

Why would i wait until the game is over and totally lost? I leave, requeue and have much better team with people who use their brain.

You haven't eggs sir. That's ok. Heroism isn't for everyone.

Do you keep sitting in a cinema if a movie you went for turned out to be a complete boring crap after 15 mins.

Yes. I already paid the money, and watching a movie is about being with my wife or my kids. It's about who you're with, not where you are.

The worst thing about WZ quitters?

Having my queue pop, and then entering a game of 0-5 huttball or a triple capped game of civil war. On top of it, people are busy arguing over whose fault it is while they sit in front of the spawn point.

It's like - thanks *******. You suck and left a crap game. Now I have to put up with it?

Seriously - happened four times in a row last night. Then two MORE times in a row, after I managed the only win of the night in the one game I actually started.

TL;DR hate you quitters. So bad.

I dont care about quitters.

but i care about the crappy backfill system putting me into their quit games when its 5-0 or theres 25 seconds left in a match...

And thats on EA/Bio... poor matchmaking, poor backfill, poorly thought out pvp.

I dont care about quitters.

but i care about the crappy backfill system putting me into their quit games when its 5-0 or theres 25 seconds left in a match...

And thats on EA/Bio... poor matchmaking, poor backfill, poorly thought out pvp.

I've had several occasions where your typical nerd rager, like the types defending leaving here, will quit only to be replaced by someone better and we come back to win. Separating the chaff from weat :D

You haven't eggs sir.

Let me get this straight. You say that to continue in a game with people with 0 clue means one has balls and is heroic?

I would say that such a person tends to have some masochistic issues as he loves to torture himself :rolleyes:

It's about who you're with, not where you are.

I agree completely. I refuse to stay in a WZ with people who refuse to learn. Again, it would be a sign of me becoming a masochist if i would stay with people who refuse to learn.

Losing a WZ but with people who actually try to learn is a different story and i always stay in such lost WZ because there is a chance that after such WZ people will know better and will not make the same mistakes (if any) in the future.

Edited by Endel

Do you keep sitting in a cinema if a movie you went for turned out to be a complete boring crap after 15 mins? I leave the cinema as i'm not desperate in wasting my time...

When you leave a cinema half-way through it very rarely has any impact on anyone else but you. The other people in the audience are not usually affected by a choice like that. Team based games are different and (to adapt your analogy) it'd be the equivalent of deciding to get up and have a 5-10 minute conversation at the top of your voice on your phone before leaving the cinema.

Yes, in some cases someone quits and they are replaced by a player who accepts the queue almost immediately and then plays on. Minimal disruption all round. But of the 20-30 quits I see a day maybe 2 fall into that category. It's much more common for there to be a gap and then the next person to quit when they see that the games in progress (rinse, repeat).

People who justify leaving usually leaves at a bad time, like when your team is finally mounting a comeback and then found out they're suddenly down a man which generally kills any chances of the comeback being successful.

It's one thing if you see 5 guys with 24K HP and say 'this team looks weak' and bail as soon as you joined. At least that team usually has enough time to get someone to replace you so that they don't just start the match being down a man. But quitters are rarely like that. They will play for a bit thinking they know what they're doing, but they don't and they'll usually just quit at a time where they're actually needed. They rarely quit at a time that is truly hopeless because if it's that hopeless, they should've quit at the beginning of the match, not to mention hopeless matches tend to end very fast and nobody will complain if you're AFK while down 5-0 in Huttball.

When you leave a cinema half-way through it very rarely has any impact on anyone else but you.

Ok but in this case the question is: if i'm playing with PvE people who refuse to learn, will my quit have any impact on them? I doubt it will as they are there just for the ride to complete the daily so if i leave or not is not making any change to those people.

Let me clarify one thing here: i raraely quit WZ's (even though you may have a different feeling from my posting) but i'm here to defend the point that quitting a WZ from a PvPer point of view can often be justified.

Edited by Endel

There are more signs than you seem to understand. If any team is half competent, then:

1. (ACW) You will have a stalemate in the middle for a good 2-3 minutes.
  2. (Huttball) You will have a 0-0 stalemate for a good 2+ minutes.
  3. (Huttball) If the enemy team scores, your team has mid 100% locked down.
  4. (AHG) You have a fairly even fight (10-30 point difference), no double-capped side nodes
  5. (Voidstar) On offense you are burning people down (even if not capping)
  6. (Voidstar) On defense you are holding the first door for at least 2-5 minutes
  7. (All) Classes that can heal, respec heals whenever there are no dedicated healers on your team

If your team doesn't satisfy any of these conditions, you aren't playing with a competent team, or one that is actually trying to win...

I put this at the bottom of the thread, originally, but then I saw how wordy I got, and decided no one would read that far, so first a question... How often do you get to experience the "come from behind victory"? I really wonder that. Because, for me, that's one of the greatest feelings in a WZ, and I don't see how you can ever get that if you decide to abandon the WZ when there is trouble.

Anyway... Your examples above don't jive with my experience. In my experience, it is not uncommon to have a team that takes a few minutes to find its legs, so to speak, and so fails one of your above tests, but then goes on to get it together and win. It's not common, I'll agree, but it's not so rare (again, in my experience) as I think you are implying. Examples (for me)...

I've seen plenty of CWs where we start out losing mid, then take it back later and go on to win. I've also seen the opposite, where we take mid and a side node, and then manage to lose it and the game.

I've seen A LOT of VS where we allow the first door to go down almost immediately, and then hold at the second doors, and then go on to win.

I've been in some AHG where we were double capped because of carelessness towards the beginning, and then, again, learned our lesson and still out killed/orbed them for the win.

I agree with the voidstar offense one. If you are not burning people down while on offense, you're going to have a rough go of it. I think you pretty much have to get lucky and get a plant on the "off" door because the other team makes a mistake there. (Although, I just had a game yesterday where we were having trouble burning them down. Then I stealthed out at almost zero health, went and grabbed the health powerup, came back - decided to give the old "lets hope they don't look this way while I cap behind their backs" cap a go - and it worked because my team noticed what I was doing and kept their positioning so as to keep the other team from turning around and seeing me... and we won with that.)

Sure, I've been in games that start out the way you describe, and then just go down hill from there. But I've seen enough that recover that I don't give up on the team immediately. ('Course, in previous posts in this thread, I've already come down on the side of "I don't leave", so maybe that biases my tolerance for the bad start and the willingness to wait and see what happens).

Pretending quitting is a test of character is hypocrisy, pure and simple. Is running in a premade farming pugs a test of character? Please,

Warzones are rarely competitive. In lieu of a matchmaking system, quitting and trying your luck at the next one is the next best thing. In fact once I get a character a full set of pvp gear, I quit pugging that character into pvp groups altogether.

• 3 weeks later...
It's funny that most of the leavers leave at the first sign of trouble. Enemy caps 2 at the start, 1 bomb is planted in the voidstar, enemy scores once in huttball. It's even more funny when we actually win the match, even though the start wasn't as good as it could have been.

It has become pretty clear that a lot of folks are only interested in staying in a WZ if it looks like an *easy* win for their weekly, because at the first sign of trouble they are gone...I'm sure in search of the easy win elsewhere. It is becoming endemic on my server. Without fail if the other team caps two first or scores a point first, etc. three folks are gone in a snap. They don't even stay around to see if it will be competitive, they just want an easy win.

I think a five minute time-out penalty to re-join another WZ when you quit or eliminate the Wins requirement for the weekly is in order. I prefer the penalty, and I know folks will say "but some people disconnect all of the time and it would be unfair." Hey, it is a five minute penalty...do something else for five minutes, like call your ISP if it happens all the time.