Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

Icebergy

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cost is relatively cheap for 1 toon, but can get very expensive for several. They definitely need a "Legacy Transfer" for 5000 CC's or so. All of your character to the same server.

That being said, there really should be a 1 time free option for players who meet certain criteria.

My suggestion is the following.

IF you have a character that was moved during one or more of the mergers, you can move it once for free.

This would be true for all of your characters that were forced to move (due to EA/Bioware issues of making too many servers and everyone quitting).

But... All of your "free" moves have to go to the same server.

So basically, you pick a server and any toon that was forced to move last year can be moved to the selected server for free. Of course, all future moves cost the normal amount.

A slight modification of this could be that you get one free move if your character was created before a certain date (ie. before the forced moves).

The cost is relatively cheap for 1 toon, but can get very expensive for several. They definitely need a "Legacy Transfer" for 5000 CC's or so. All of your character to the same server.

That being said, there really should be a 1 time free option for players who meet certain criteria.

My suggestion is the following.

IF you have a character that was moved during one or more of the mergers, you can move it once for free.

This would be true for all of your characters that were forced to move (due to EA/Bioware issues of making too many servers and everyone quitting).

But... All of your "free" moves have to go to the same server.

So basically, you pick a server and any toon that was forced to move last year can be moved to the selected server for free. Of course, all future moves cost the normal amount.

A slight modification of this could be that you get one free move if your character was created before a certain date (ie. before the forced moves).

one free move for all stranded characters right? i have a few on 2 abandoned servers i would like on my 3rd active server, but i have problems with paying bioware extra for that poor and thoughtless of a system. that would be rewarding bad behavior, which i'm not comfortable with.

why 5,000cc? does that number have some significance that 1,800 or 10,000 doesn't have? bioware would be able to charge more if they went with 7,000cc. if the goal is just to make subscribers pay more, i would say keep raising it. doesn't matter to me, because i won't be paying for new content that is that screwed up.

my solution would be to scrap single-character transfers altogether. there is no point. have server transfer = legacy transfer. create an option within the legacy transfer to omit characters if the player wants, since character slots on the destination server are limited.

there isn't any benefit to the player i can think of where breaking up a legacy is beneficial. every character i've started is valuable to me (except for the 2 i don't like). every character, and every alt, in my guild is valuable to me. to say any of them should be abandoned is wrong and insulting. for any new system or mechanic, they should be asking 'how does this benefit our players?' without the players, they don't have jobs. EA's investors will not be enough to keep the lights on in austin. the only reason they would have single character transfers is for bioware to screw over their subscribers by splitting up their legacy or milking more post-subscription money out of us by making us pay extra for each alt. that's just not good for those of us actually playing the game.

if they need to modify their already stated 1,800cc price to accommodate that, then fine. i don't see how this is tied to some sort of real cost, as in i don't think there would be an additional labor cost or material cost to transfer the block compared to what they have now, so i'm not sure there is a need to raise it, but whatever.

This limitation is ridiculous. I've been waiting for this for like a year. I got all excited knowing it was coming soon for the past month or two, only to find out days before the release that I will not be allowed to transfer toons from EU to NA server. No valid reason given, just a limitation. It makes no sense. I refuse to get excited about anything coming out anymore, I'm always disappointed. It just one head scratcher after another with you guys.

Me to I vill vote with my wallet this time no more sub to this game.

I was wondering this. Got a Sentinel on a US server and I want to move it to the EU server I play on.

There will not be US to EU transfers when transfers finally are available, some hints at it coming at a later date but nothing concrete it will ever happen.

Returning player with characters spread across 3 servers, Am I correct in stating that the transfers are NOT in place right now? Main reason I came back was I thought I could finally move all my toons onto one server.

Returning player with characters spread across 3 servers, Am I correct in stating that the transfers are NOT in place right now? Main reason I came back was I thought I could finally move all my toons onto one server.

That is correct, they are NOT in place yet. They should be coming soon (within the next month). They continue to have problems getting the transfers to work correctly.

There will not be US to EU transfers when transfers finally are available, some hints at it coming at a later date but nothing concrete it will ever happen.

Well maybe with this delay on transfers, with any luck they are sorting out whatever the problem is and once transfers go live, it will be any server, anywhere in the world. If Bioware wants to do this right, they will listen to what the community wants and give us EU to NA transfers. Can't be that hard, it was just done for APAC.

I live in New Zealand and first rolled on a europen server, as there were no APAC servers. The time I play the fleet has an astounding 8 people on it so as you can tell it's really enjoyable to sit there and look through the GTN for 2+ hours and no do WZ's and Raids because there is no one on. When they had the APAC transfers I wasnt active so I missed them. I was looking forward to the paid transfers so I could move to a US high pop server and finally do end game content :D, when I heard transfers were bring postponedI was sorta pissed off as I had just renewed my sub so I could have the monthly cartel coins as I needed an extra 100 for the 1800 I needed for the server transfer.

I now come and read through this enite page to see when they were coming and see "You will not be able to transfer to a different reigon"

What the ***** do I do? I have an active sub that is pretty much worthless, I really enjoy the game but its an mmo, and an mmo with out players is pretty dull, im sure you all can relate after those long months spent on low pop servers leading up to f2p.

Theres always the option to re-roll but all my legacy, gear credits acheivement; all gone. Its a pretty crappy thought to have to completly start again :(

Sorry if some of its spelt badly or doesn't make sense :mad:

Edited by zachiamm

I live in New Zealand and first rolled on a europen server, as there were no APAC servers. The time I play the fleet has an astounding 8 people on it so as you can tell it's really enjoyable to sit there and look through the GTN for 2+ hours and no do WZ's and Raids because there is no one on. When they had the APAC transfers I wasnt active so I missed them. I was looking forward to the paid transfers so I could move to a US high pop server and finally do end game content :D, when I heard transfers were bring postponedI was sorta pissed off as I had just renewed my sub so I could have the monthly cartel coins as I needed an extra 100 for the 1800 I needed for the server transfer.

I now come and read through this enite page to see when they were coming and see "You will not be able to transfer to a different reigon"

What the ***** do I do? I have an active sub that is pretty much worthless, I really enjoy the game but its an mmo, and an mmo with out players is pretty dull, im sure you all can relate after those long months spent on low pop servers leading up to f2p.

Theres always the option to re-roll but all my legacy, gear credits acheivement; all gone. Its a pretty crappy thought to have to completly start again :(

Sorry if some of its spelt badly or doesn't make sense :mad:

I dunno what to say to you, but that really does suck for you dude. I don't mean that sarcastically....that would really be a bummer.

Yeah, the thing is, if you need to transfer, then you need to transfer. I'm gonna be moving (like physically, real life moving) to Europe in a few months. If I can't transfer by then, I dunno what I'd do.

The game is seriously limited if you're in the wrong timezone and can't do any group activity.

So I definitely agree that they should work out the kinks in the EU<->NA transfers. BUT they gotta delay any paid transfers until they fix the broken transfers. I moved from APAC and my achievements are totally ruined. It's really frustrating and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, especially paying for the privilege!

So they have to delay it until they fix it, you honestly wouldn't want it right now. But when they do get transfers worked out (and fix my game!), I do hope they'll bring in EU<->NA transfers. I can't figure out what the issues are, if it's not technical?

I'm in the exact same boat. I was only gone a couple months, but came back because it was supposed to happen on 6/11. Now it's targeted for 6/25, though they aren't making any firm commitment this time. It's frustrating - VERY frustrating - but the best I can offer is try to be patient. I've been just "suffering through", playing my characters to 55 where they are while I wait. If they're delayed much more, I may take another break and only resubscribe after I've confirmed transfers are actually live.

And, as CrazyMcGee said, I'd rather wait and have it done right than have it NOW and have my Legacy ruined.

Edited by Evengelyne

Bioware, will the "issue" with EU to NA transfers be worked out when your character transfers go live? It seems like there are alot of people that would like to be able to transfers regions. It's not really right to release transfers for APAC or just EU to EU or NA to NA only. Lots of people having issues with ping from APAC that want to come to EU servers or time zone differences for existing players that were thrown into merges, or playing solo because everyone is leaving this game. Edited by tonooo

Bioware, will the "issue" with EU to NA transfers be worked out when your character transfers go live? It seems like there are alot of people that would like to be able to transfers regions. It's not really right to release transfers for APAC or just EU to EU or NA to NA only. Lots of people having issues with ping from APAC that want to come to EU servers or time zone differences for existing players that were thrown into merges, or playing solo because everyone is leaving this game.

Just incase your one of those people who want to do to come to EU servers for better ping if you live in an APAC country, DON'T I live in New Zealand and playing on a EU server is so bad, when were awake their asleep, the fleet has like 12 people on when were awake and the ping is bad, stay in NA

I'm really disappointed. Not only that you ignore the high demand for EU <> NA transfers which became clear in this thread, but you also ignore all user asking for a valid reason.

Furthermore the problem I talked about in my first post got extended to all user now. The double exp weekends are starting and people will make new characters. So you can either pick to level a char on the server you would like to transfer on without your hard earned legacy unlocks or you make your situation worse and level it with the unlocks on your current server and pay 1.800 cartel coins for it.

Both options doesn't sound good for me.

Had an in game help request reply that stated they would put server transfert un place in June.

How come we got no official annoucement in the forums about that?

So far, we got "Can't say when but it's in the pipeline" kind of reply.

If that is still the official reply then maybe you tell your customer service department to calm down with potential features release dates? (because now I am expecting transfers to be available before the 30th of June :3 )

That awkward moment when they finally give a time for the release after fearing to do it, because they expect to not meet that time. Then failing to meet that time. Then the reason for failing to meet that time, because of a crummy achievement system implemented before server transfers...

It would be HILARIOUS if it were not so sad. The cartel market and cartel coins are a joke.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.