Makeb shows why continuing class stories are necessary

BW has said it is not the cost of Voice Actors preventing more class content, and everyone enjoys it and wants more.

No, it's not the cost for Voice Actors. I'm guessing it's having to do 4x the content (4 Pub classes + 4 Imp classes) than just making two uniform 'Republic' and 'Imperial' storylines with minimal differences based on what class you are. A couple of lines of dialogue which can be modular, depending whether you're playing a Jedi Consular or a Smuggler, and some class-personalized in-game mail.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

/signed.

And thanks to the SWTOR team for FINALLY giving us a Class Mission for all the iconic classes. I re-subscribed on that basis alone. I am hoping Shadows of Revan is the start of getting back to the original spirit of the game. SWTOR was built on cinematic story, bring it back devs. <3

Edited by ashikagaoda

The thing everyone needs to remember first and foremost is that this is NOT Bioware, its the EA Games Corporation. Bioware was a company run by gamers, its dead now. EA is a corporate conglomerate run by bean counters, and that means minimal input with maximum profit.

Nothing personal, but why spend money on developing something truly outstanding like the original class stories when you can grind out common material like Makeb and make almost as much? Less cash spent, almost as much made, much more profit. Bioware may have been interested in good story, but EA is all about the profit. Put those story hopes on the shelf.

Bioware was a company run by gamers, its dead now. EA is a corporate conglomerate run by bean counters, and that means minimal input with maximum profit.

Nothing personal, but why spend money on developing something truly outstanding like the original class stories when you can grind out common material like Makeb and make almost as much?

I am still holding out for the SWTOR developers and hoping that 2015 is a return to form and a new chapter of Class Story. :hope_06:

To be perfectly honest I am against further individual class stories as given the amount of resources and development time that there is I would rather have bigger stories Makeb style than small individual ones. Even from a lore perspective we "identify" with one of our chars and maybe with one mirror of him from the opposite faction... so Makeb works nicely. It is just that it seems these big story expansions do not follow up. For example

The Republic successfully evacuated the Makebians. On the other hand the Empire have been on their back-foot after the events of the storylines of the Consular and the Knight in my opinion. However, after securing the isotope-5 resources in Makeb they should be in a position to come back. But, there is no continuation, Makeb story is left just at that.

It would be nice in every expansion (if not shorter) there is something that bring the overall saga story forward.

Wow, I haven't seen this thread in awhlle, lol. Still haven't changed my mind from when I started it. I want new chapters of the class stories. They were abandoned for financial reasons and because the fanbase was so irked by the lack of endgame content. Both those problems have been have been dealt with to the extent that it would be possiblle to shift back to the original intent of the game, then go back to other things. I'm not asking for class stories every six months, I'm asking for them every two or three years. They don't have to have new planets, that could be left for the faction missions.

That being said, adding a class side mission to the planetary style expansions is a step in the right direction. Not only does it show we're being heard, it will improve them greatly. I now have a reason to do it on at least 8 of my characters. Hopefully, there will also be enough differences in dialogue between each class in the rest of it that getting to those side missions on each class isn't a slog after the first few characters.

Edited by errant_knight

Folks, I'm not allowed to say anything specifically. But those of you concerned about story in the game, hold out for 3.0.

It'll never be like 1-50, but the quality of the writing and the story is in that vein, and maybe, even better.

Significant character growth happens, from a story standpoint, and it is extremely well written.

I'll leave it at that...

It'll never be like 1-50, but the quality of the writing and the story is in that vein, and maybe, even better.

Significant character growth happens, from a story standpoint, and it is extremely well written.

Sounds encouraging!

I think i've only ever completed Makeb once because as the OP stated...theres very little point in repeating the exact same content. Heck i tend not to even bother going to Makeb anymore and when i do i get bored really fast while there.

Once on each side at least correct?

Folks, I'm not allowed to say anything specifically. But those of you concerned about story in the game, hold out for 3.0.

It'll never be like 1-50, but the quality of the writing and the story is in that vein, and maybe, even better..

Awesome! Great news Zion. I still have a lot of faith in the new development team. And I know the story component of SWTOR is something they care about as deeply as we do. I hope the stars align for them and give them the chance to enhance Class & Group Story moving forward. ^_^

Awesome! Great news Zion. I still have a lot of faith in the new development team. And I know the story component of SWTOR is something they care about as deeply as we do. I hope the stars align for them and give them the chance to enhance Class & Group Story moving forward. ^_^

I think bringing Freed back paid huge dividends myself...