Patch 2.6 New Species

Gordoma

so how would you explain VOSS player character being on VOSS and treated like they aren't a VOSS (outsider) because bioware ain't got no time to be writing all new dialog for everything on that entire planet.

Probably the same way, when you can ask "what a cathar is" as a trooper on ord mantel. Anyway just show's how BioWare never pays attention to detail... at all.

But anyway playable voss would not make sense at all, when compared to cathar.

Edited by Aelther

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wookiees/Trandoshans would be awesome, but that just isn't going to happen. Easiest/cheapest path is to use existing skins that can use the existing voice acting, and that is what you do for patches. At least GL isn't in the way to block force-using wookiees anymore, so there's hope I guess...

Easiest/cheapest path is to use existing skins that can use the existing voice acting, and that is what you do for patches.

Well Kel Dor can also use existing VO, just need to slap some voice filter on top and done. And those filters already exists, many helmets have them.

And before some guy runs in to say how companion kissing a mask would make no sense, I'll say, WE DON'T NEED THE DAMN ROMANCE! Just disable them. The easiest way would be to switch all [Flirt] options with the other line from other gender options for all romancable companions. What I mean by that is you ALWAYS have 3 options. So let's take jedi knight for example. You see [Flirt] options as a male for Kira, but you see something else if you were female, so just swap all [Flirt] options for their counterparts of opposite gender for Kel Dor and everyone's happy.

Ofc it would be more interesting if you could [Flirt], but the companion would reject you xD, but BW is too lazy for that.

At least GL isn't in the way to block force-using wookiees anymore, so there's hope I guess...

And when did he block that? I remember a wookiee padawan in clone wars.

Edited by Aelther

• 1 month later...
This is an exercise in futility. We asked for playable Wookies, Togruta, Talz... they gave us Cat People. We've been asking for guild ships for how frickin' long now... they give us Czerka. Here and there they throw us a bone, but only if it makes sense money-wise (like adding a smattering of hair styles to an appearance changer). We can dream all we want, but it's like the George R. R. Martin meme of why he kills off characters that you've grown to love, "Because F U, that's why."

Most plausible?

Echani- Near humans with light akin and hair.

Kiffar- Near Humans with tattoos.

Zeltron- "Zeltrons were a near-Human species, made physically distinctive by their skin and hair, which came in different shades of red ranging from pink to deep red to black"-from wookiepedia

Togruta- We already have a companion with customizations in the game, and they are confirmed to be in development.

Mon Calamari- We already have a companion with customizations ingame

Kaleesh- Same as Mon Calamari

Sarkhai- See above

While I'd love to see more exotic species such as Wookie, Trandoshan, and Weequay, they would probably take a year or two to develop and be bundled with a paid expansion(One preferably including Kashyyk and its moon, to give Wookies and Trandos some context).

The next one will the Togruta. It's always been the most asked for after Cathar. Funnily enough, I've yet to run into a single Cathar

You probably just haven't noticed, since they look notihng like Jorgen or the various Cathar NPCs we see. More like Humans with circus clown make-up or Ratatakki with hair.

Edited by branmakmuffin