Will the Gree event be tuned to 55?

BalphoWan

I assume you are referring to WoW. Explain to me when WoW has ever released content for lower levels, other than once to revamp its 10 year old landscape which was only for the purpose of the Cataclysm expansion WHICH WAS ONLY TO MAKE ROOM FOR NEW ENDGAME CONTENT

New starting areas for level 1-20. Revamped lower level zones adding zillions of new quests. New lower level dungeons. There are tons of examples.

And I don't want it to be all me all the time. I think it should be all endgame all the time, as far as new content is concerned.

Which is the same thing as "all you, all the time".

New starting areas for level 1-20. Revamped lower level zones adding zillions of new quests. New lower level dungeons. There are tons of examples.

Again, those new zones were for the purpose of cleaning up Azeroth to make way for Cataclysm. And again, you completely ignore my point, that new content should cater to endgame players, regardless of whether my character is max level. I am starting to think you are just a troll.

Sorry. New starting areas was solely for new races, and was part of an expansion.

Revamped zones didn't actually add quests -- they changed them. This was done once, and during an expansion.

What new lower level dungeons? I don't recall them ever adding in new lower-level dungeons.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The Gree event will be remaining at level 50 for this run of the event. We will be upgrading it to level 55 at some point in the future though. We'll let you know before the 55 Gree event kicks off!

-eric

Hey folks,

The Gree event will be remaining at level 50 for this run of the event. We will be upgrading it to level 55 at some point in the future though. We'll let you know before the 55 Gree event kicks off!

-eric

I appreciate the clarification. But this is no longer the issue. I should probably edit the OP. This thread has become more of a discussion about why I believe it should have been raised to 55 this week instead of "in the future." Make no mistake, I am a huge fan of the game and will be a subscriber for the indefinite future. I was just disappointed to hear it would not be tuned to level 55 tomorrow, since the level cap has already been raised. To me, this went against the logical business model of releasing new content for end game players instead of lower levels. Now, I know the Gree event isn't exactly "new content." It just seemed that tuning the Gree event to level 55 was the smart thing to do, since it will only invite those that have not purchased the expansion to do so. Furthermore, it would give endgame players more reason to take part in the event. Obviously, I don't think BW would re-release the Rakghoul event, or release some new event for level 35 characters, for example, because it would alienate the majority of the player base, which I assume has reached endgame levels. Thus, I was surprised to hear it would not be tuned to level 55 right away, following the level cap increase. I just disagreed with that decision, and wanted to get others' opinions on the subject.

This is not to say that I will not take part in the event, I am already legendary and have purchased every single Gree item available for all 3 of my max level characters, as I have been a BIG fan of the Gree event from the start. But I will definitely be collecting more helix components for the next time the Gree return. I just thought it would be nice for the Xeno Op to remain challenging and drop a higher tier of gear. I can already imagine what a joke Xeno SM will feel like with my full 55 level guildmates. It will probably be kind of a joke. But I love the PVP aspect of the event, which should hopefully remain mostly unchanged, as I am sure there will be other 55's down there trying to make a mess of things. I look forward to that!

Edited by BalphoWan

Hey folks,

-eric

I'm disappointed but not surprised. This follows this games long standing pattern of taking good ideas and failing to implement them very well. This will be the 4th time this event will be recycled with no changes right? What's the rush to put it out again without upping it to the level cap / adding something new.

Not game breaking, but annoying, oh well.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Hey folks,

-eric

Curious eric, has Bolster been fixed properly yet to allow 45's to participate?

Hey folks,

-eric

...that's okay, it's not like you guys released an "expansion" that increased the level cap to 55. And it's not like you weren't already planning to reuse the Gree event frequently. Who could have foreseen that you would need to update the Gree event for level 55? What are you guys psychic or something?:rolleyes:

Add that to the list of "Who makes these decisions?"

Updating the gree event to level 55 would require some devs. Unfortunatly, there is only one ghost left in Bioware's office and he's working on the cartel market. Edited by Kesphin

...that's okay, it's not like you guys released an "expansion" that increased the level cap to 55. And it's not like you weren't already planning to reuse the Gree event frequently. Who could have foreseen that you would need to update the Gree event for level 55? What are you guys psychic or something?:rolleyes:

It's funny, when I asked this question in the forum a couple of weeks ago, I had nothing but people jumping down my throat about how lame it would be for Bioware to bump it to 55, how they're stealing content away from 50s and how they would justifiably be pissed and leave because of it. Maybe they just listened to forum feedback. ;)

I don't think that many swtor players really play STO.

indeed

liking star wars =/= liking star trek too.

while they are those who like both franchises,they are however, the minority. SW and ST are very two different scifi series and more hardcore (or even casual) fans tends to aggressively diss the other franchise for numerous reasons.

indeed

liking star wars =/= liking star trek too.

while they are those who like both franchises,they are however, the minority. SW and ST are very two different scifi series and more hardcore (or even casual) fans tends to aggressively diss the other franchise for numerous reasons.

Actually, that's not true. The majority are fans of both. The diehards who dis the other franchise are just more known because of jokes and memes and comedy movies that focus on them. Don't believe everything you see on TV.

:cool:

LOL....NO

Don't you think your expectations are kinda getting out of hand there? I mean they would have had to adjust the stats on at least 20 different mobs to do that. And fix the bolster issue so that lvl 45 could still play it.

I bet you were hoping you might get a red recolor of the mount too, or maybe even 3 recolors of a different helmet.

/sarcasm off

Look on the bright side - you'll probably be able to 3 man the SM op now.

It's a puzzle within an enigma within a teapot of soap and daffodils.

Black Talon crashes on completion, using the terminal at the end. Every single time, without fail. It would seem that whatever the issue is, it is for some reason, too difficult or time consuming to fix.

The obvious answer, to somebody on the outside would be to Turn It Off. Disable the asset and it's associated script... but no, somehow they reason that it's better to let the program crash. Reliably. Every single time.

TOR seems to be peppered with such reasoning. I liken it to driving a... an Alfa Romeo - by all accounts it should be a wonderful car and great experience but its beauty is stifled by perplexing design choices and baffling mechanical problems that seem like they could easily have been avoided, but which require the driver to partake of an occasional ritual.

It's really only when you're quite familiar with it that you start saying things like "but... why... would they do that... it was going so well..' and "How does that make any sense?" and thereafter just go on treating it like the beloved but quirky Alfa (or leave the keys in the ignition and walk away).

I'm sure they're doing the very best they can with what's available but that something's holding them back, be it tools or company practices or structure or some combination of whatever, I really don't know. It's not my place to know or responsibility to fix - presumably though that privilege does belong to somebody. I hope.

Stuff like this is difficult to handle for people like me. On one side, I love the game, I wanna level up as fast as possible to participate in the Gree event. I'm now lvl 21 with my Jedi Knight and I'm probably not gonna make it to 45 until the Event ends. On the other hand, I don't wanna rush the content and enjoy it. I wish they would have downscaled versions of it. Edited by xSpheraX

Actually, that's not true. The majority are fans of both. The diehards who dis the other franchise are just more known because of jokes and memes and comedy movies that focus on them. Don't believe everything you see on TV.

:cool:

I am a big fan of both. But I am not a fan of focusing on more than one MMO. I have WoW and GW2 on the side, there's no way I'm going to invest more time in another one.

Why 3 Gree events yet we haven't seen the Rakghoul one back? I much preferred the Rakghoul event.

Because Bioware equates participation to 'enjoyment'. I think they believe that this event appeals to PvPers...which it doesn't.

Because Bioware equates participation to 'enjoyment'. I think they believe that this event appeals to PvPers...which it doesn't.

They did say the Rakghoul event was originally meant to be unique, and they'd have to significantly re-design it to be able to bring it back.

No idea about the other event though. And idk why they couldn't have added a few dyes to the rep vendor, or at least some new rewards. Same exact event 3x = most people are burnt out and don't want to see it again.