2.1 Patch Notes?

Jenzali

Yes there is. They switched them to bind to your character so that they can charge us Cartel Coins in the Collections Tab to unlock them Account Wide. I'm pretty certain that's exactly why they switched them to character bind.

I think you are right about this.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there is. They switched them to bind to your character so that they can charge us Cartel Coins in the Collections Tab to unlock them Account Wide. I'm pretty certain that's exactly why they switched them to character bind.

Oh I understand THAT part of it.

I meant logically, in a way that will at least make customers semi-supportive of it, it makes no sense.

its like a couple of things that have been requested for a while now combined with a buttload of cartel market crap...I wish BW would just use a patch to actually fix in game stuff instead of adding in more crap to the cartel market...swear they are overstuffing us with the CM and going to end up burning out their customer base with new cartel market crap every 6 weeks while long time bugs go overlooked or say something like the codex which is still broke to hell...even their new achievement system is broken as all hell and the only fix they offer us in this patch is that they finally fixed the counters for the pvp kill achievements...Im disappointed yet again.

Oh I'll buy the new styles too, I really like that long hair style the character in the video had. And I'm not gonna get overly upset about it because it won't change anything, and it is, like you said, completely cosmetic. I'm not even surprised they designed it that way. Basically, like I said, I'm just surprised that the people that have been most vocal in opposition to this not being free for subs aren't on here screaming about this now....or maybe they just haven't read or realized it yet lol.

They gave up on ranting on this boards and are raging on several other social media. No use to complain here. It's not like EA/Bioware cares.

Edited by Kirameki

They gave up on ranting on this boards and are raging on several other social media. No use to complain here. It's not like EA/Bioware cares.

Hallelujah to that lol, everyday it was a new thread about the same complaint, this should be free, that should be free, let them go whine on Facebook and save the forums for bigger concerns :) I'm still excited for 2.1, all in all I think it's great progress.

Edited by nshotsman

I'm sure the new Cartel features will be popular but am disappointed that the achievement system got only 1 fix seeing as I've lost count on the broken ones. Hopefully patch 2.2 will fix some of the old bugs and any of the new ones that will no doubt be 'born' with tomorrow's patch.

Oh I understand THAT part of it.

I meant logically, in a way that will at least make customers semi-supportive of it, it makes no sense.

Fully agree with you on that. But it is what it is. And we still haven't seen what the CC costs are for the account wide unlocks, so it may not even be that big of deal. It may be worth the cost for players to not have to mail things back and forth from toon to toon.

Kind of like charging you one time for a new Font packet for your computer and then charging you again, just a smaller fee, every time you use that font in a new document.

They never said, or even implied, that you would first have to pay Cartel Coins to unlock the new Hair Styles/Colors, etc for your account before you paid for them AGAIN to be applied to your character...I've been pretty supportive of charging Cartel Coins for the Design Kiosk but this is a little messed up I think.

You're talking apples and orange here. One is the purchase of new hairstyles....the other option is changing an existing character's hairstyle. If you unlock the new hairstyles, you don't pay again for the unlock. You can use them on any new character you create just like the other hairstyles. If you want to change your character's hairstyle, then that's a separate issue. Why would you get a free character re-customization for all of your characters just because you unlocked a few hairstyles?

They really should be bind to legacy. There is no reason for CM toys like that to be bound to only 1 character.

There's really no reason they should be BOL....other than the Cartel Certificates, there's really nothing in the CM that is BOL. They should have been BOE from the beginning and someone just screwed up. There's no reason you should be allowed to pass those holostatues around to all of your characters...or use them and then sell them on the GTN. That's not consistent with the other Cartel items.

They switched them to bind to your character so that they can charge us Cartel Coins in the Collections Tab to unlock them Account Wide. I'm pretty certain that's exactly why they switched them to character bind.

I'm sure the Collections system had something to do with it. They should have been BOE from the start though and they probably released that when they put together the Collections system and figured out that there was no need to duplicate those items when players could simply pass them among their characters.

Fully agree with you on that. But it is what it is. And we still haven't seen what the CC costs are for the account wide unlocks, so it may not even be that big of deal. It may be worth the cost for players to not have to mail things back and forth from toon to toon.

I'm sure, no less than 400-500coins (if not 1000...) per item. :rolleyes:

Until you find out the actual cost it's pointless and downright petty to conject and accuse Bioware of price gouging when you don't know what it is.

I'm sorry, but this patch sickens me. I understand subscribers get a monthly allowance, but this kind of non-stop pimping of the cartel market pushes me (and I'm sure a few others) over the edge. I want to see real content that is integrated into the game, not bought off of an exchange.

I'm sorry, but this patch sickens me. I understand subscribers get a monthly allowance, but this kind of non-stop pimping of the cartel market pushes me (and I'm sure a few others) over the edge. I want to see real content that is integrated into the game, not bought off of an exchange.

Did you have to buy Makeb off the exchange? That was a 10% increase in levels and in terms of content probably more than a 10% increase in terms of environments. They're adding new content all the time.

Did you have to buy Makeb off the exchange? That was a 10% increase in levels and in terms of content probably more than a 10% increase in terms of environments. They're adding new content all the time.

I'm fine with the Cartel Market, I understand why it exists, I understand its a necessary evil. What I'm sick of is BioWare's constantly harping on it. Every interview they do, every patch note they post, every question they answer, it's cartel market, cartel market, cartel market. And finally we have patch 2.1 that is literally 95% cartel market related. It should be called 2.1 Revenge of the Cartel Market.

Cartel Market, Cartel Market, Cartel Market.

I'm sick of the Cartel Market. Buying Makeb for a straight-up money transaction was refreshing by comparison.

How do you feel about everything they've added since March that's not appearance only?

How do you feel about everything they've added since March that's not appearance only?

Not sure what you mean here. If you mean Makeb, then I'm fine with Makeb. I love Makeb. Keep the Makeb's coming. Just stop shoving the cartel market down my throat with every damn patch. I get it, people want to pay $12 to look like Jolee Bindo, but I want real content.

And yes, I want appearance-only content that is integrated into the game that you don't have to buy off of the cartel market. Why should the artist that are assigned to the cartel market not also be creating art assets for the main game? Why can't a subscribing player earn a Jedi Guardian set that doesn't have a hood up? WHY? Why do you have to pay CC for that?

Not sure what you mean here. If you mean Makeb, then I'm fine with Makeb. I love Makeb. Keep the Makeb's coming. Just stop shoving the cartel market down my throat with every damn patch. I get it, people want to pay $12 to look like Jolee Bindo, but I want real content.

And yes, I want appearance-only content that is integrated into the game that you don't have to buy off of the cartel market. Why should the artist that are assigned to the cartel market not also be creating art assets for the main game? Why can't a subscribing player earn a Jedi Guardian set that doesn't have a hood up? WHY? Why do you have to pay CC for that?

Because they think they'll get more revenue by making you pay for it than they'll lose by making you pay for it.

I think he was refering to Patches 1.1 through 1.7. You know... all the major patches between launch and release of 2.0.

Andryah, I think you have a reading comprehension problem. It's okay, I'll give you time to reread the thread. Let me know when you hit on where you took a wrong turn. I'll wait.

EDIT: Alright I'm done waiting. Since March. Since March.

Edited by Korusus

2.1.0 patch notes

5/15/2013

cartel market

added some nice new items with a generous 0.5% chance to drop from packs.

Reskinned some crafted items to resell as adaptive armour.

Added helms to armour sets we've already sold you.

Discounted some old items no-one was buying.

Broke the appearance of several items, which we'll fix next patch .... Maybe.

Classes and combat

fixed a typo in an ability tooltip for some class or other, can't remember which.

Miscellaneous

broke a random feature that was formerly working perfectly. Enjoy.

lmfao

i know you can;t read but i will put this here again.

NOTHING on the collector thing will cost more then 600 cartel coins... they have stated it more then once.

WHY? Why do you have to pay CC for that?

because its cosmetic and not content and they have been very open and honest about charging for cosmetics so they don't have to charge for content updates, but don't except perfectly reasonable answers from bioware... just keep screaming for attention on the internet

would you rather have a free hood down robe and pay for the next new warzone? seems to me like complaining has ruined gamers priorities and complaining is all forum gamers really care about