2.1 Patch Notes?

Jenzali

Patch Notes don't seem to be saying anything about the pricing of changing your head/complexion and such.

I guess those won't have a price because, as far as i know, there's no unlockable heads you need to BUY so that you can use them.

Still, 240 for a hair change is a bit uh... silly. Though i guess it won't be as bad with the subscriber discount.

I hope i'm understanding the entire concept of the Designer Kiosk right, lol.

Edited by GhostDrone

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but this patch sickens me. I understand subscribers get a monthly allowance, but this kind of non-stop pimping of the cartel market pushes me (and I'm sure a few others) over the edge. I want to see real content that is integrated into the game, not bought off of an exchange.

what content have you had to buy off the cartel market as a subscriber??? pretty sure all "real" content has been integrated into the game and not purchased through the cartel market

especially since you stated you're perfectly ok with $10 mini expansions and a new content update on the way within the 6-8 weeks since the makeb expansion

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Patch Notes don't seem to be saying anything about the pricing of changing your head/complexion and such.

I guess those won't have a price because, as far as i know, there's no unlockable heads you need to BUY so that you can use them.

Still, 240 for a hair change is a bit uh... silly. Though i guess it won't be as bad with the subscriber discount.

those prices in the patch notes are not for the appearance kiosk...they are for items from the Cartel Market. I am kinda hoping that the Kiosk adjustments are cheaper than that.

what content have you had to buy off the cartel market as a subscriber??? pretty sure all "real" content has been integrated into the game and not purchased through the cartel market

cathar was one thing, they are sailing far to close to the edge if they are thinking about charging subscribers for looks on races we bought with the game.

Every slider (Hairstyle, hair color, eye color, head, etc) will cost Cartel Coins to change. The hair colors and styles that were priced in the patch notes are referring to sets of customization option additions on those sliders. You will first have to pay Cartel Coins to unlock those options on your account. Then if you choose to make changes to an existing character using those unlocked options you will pay for those changes on a per slider basis through the Kiosk

cathar was one thing, they are sailing far to close to the edge if they are thinking about charging subscribers for looks on races we bought with the game.

you missed the other post about cosmetic features being paid for so "real" content does not have to be bought, in this case cathar is not being considered "real" content [hence why I keep using "real" content in quotations]

would you of rather had a free cathar unlock and pay for the next FP/OP/PVP map

or do you just want everything for free?

again bioware and eric have been fairly open and honest about charging for cosmetics and not content people just refuse to listen and then get upset that bioware has not changed their stance on paying for cosmetics

Edited by Vis-Tecum

you missed the other post about cosmetic features being paid for so "real" content does not have to be bought

Did you read what i said or just jump on cosmetic hmm. I said im ok with cathar being charged to subscribers as it did not come with the game. Human, cyborg etc came with the game, we have payed our duds on the game in concern to those and any looks that are being added to them should go to subs for free, we already pay for the upkeep of the servers so getting some fluff with our real content should be a given.

Ow and btw its not free if im paying a sub.

Did you read what i said or just jump on cosmetic hmm. I said im ok with cathar being charged to subscribers as it did not come with the game. Human, cyborg etc came with the game, we have payed our duds on the game in concern to those and any looks that are being added to them should go to subs for free, we already pay for the upkeep of the servers so getting some fluff with our real content should be a given.

Ow and btw its not free if im paying a sub.

well then if you strongly think your sub is enough and everything should be free since you pay a sub you are going to be very unhappy

I for one understand that my sub along with the under 500k others who sub that it is not enough to bring in the content I am looking forward too and the cartel market offsets that. I also understand being the stand up company bioware is they are not going to charge me extra for new content just optional cosmetics that I can choose to purchase or not with out missing any story or gameplay just some armor skins and make up.

that is 100% ok with me and I thank bioware for considering our sub when deciding this instead of us paying for new warzones and op or god forbid they go warhammer maintenance mode and we are stuck with nothing

Edited by Vis-Tecum

well then if you strongly think your sub is enough and everything should be free since you pay a sub you are going to be very unhappy

I for one understand that my sub along with the under 500k others who sub that it is not enough to bring in the content I am looking forward too and the cartel market offsets that. I also understand being the stand up company bioware is they are not going to charge me extra for new content just optional cosmetics that I can choose to purchase or not with out missing any story or gameplay just some armor skins and make up.

that is 100% ok with me and I thank bioware for considering our sub when deciding this instead of us paying for new warzones and op

Im sure you cannot read, did i say anywhere in there that everything should be free. if i did please show me where i said it and also highlight where i said new races being added are fine to charge to subscribers.

Edited by Shingara

Im sure you cannot read, did i say anywhere in there that everything should be free. if i did please show me where i said it and also highlight where i said new races being added are fine to charge to subscribers.

that's what I thought this sentence meant silly me :rolleyes: I guess I did miss you're qualifier "some" in the sentence

"we have payed our duds on the game in concern to those and any looks that are being added to them should go to subs for free, we already pay for the upkeep of the servers so getting some fluff with our real content should be a given."

by fluff I figured you meant the cosmetic features we are being asked to pay for

Edited by Vis-Tecum

that's what I thought this sentence meant silly me :rolleyes:

"we already pay for the upkeep of the servers so getting some fluff with our real content should be a given."

by fluff I figured you meant the cosmetic features we are being asked to pay for

Thank you for proving my point, you cannot read.

you missed the other post about cosmetic features being paid for so "real" content does not have to be bought, in this case cathar is not being considered "real" content [hence why I keep using "real" content in quotations]

again bioware and eric have been fairly open and honest about charging for cosmetics and not content people just refuse to listen and then get upset that bioware has not changed their stance on paying for cosmetics

I said im ok with cathar being charged to subscribers as it did not come with the game. Human, cyborg etc came with the game, we have payed our duds on the game in concern to those and any looks that are being added to them should go to subs for free.

that is 100% ok with me and I thank bioware for considering our sub when deciding this instead of us paying for new warzones and op or god forbid they go warhammer maintenance mode and we are stuck with nothing

Edited by Shingara

Every slider (Hairstyle, hair color, eye color, head, etc) will cost Cartel Coins to change. The hair colors and styles that were priced in the patch notes are referring to sets of customization option additions on those sliders. You will first have to pay Cartel Coins to unlock those options on your account. Then if you choose to make changes to an existing character using those unlocked options you will pay for those changes on a per slider basis through the Kiosk

Ah, now i understand.

I fully assume that the existing hairstyles and such will not require a CM purchase and instead will only have a slider price?

This is indeed a relief to hear, though. Looking forward to seeing what the new customization options are. Hoping for some more Sith Pureblood jewellery in the future.

Specific to the new race unlock......you are going to pay for new races in an MMO. It's simply a question of how.

If they put a new race in an expac.. nobody complains.

If they put in the market where players get to decde if they actually want it rather then have it pushed on them as part of a xpac fee... people claim the world is ending.

What we have here is largely irrational feelings about how Cathar is being sold, not that it costs incremental real dollars to get... OH WAIT.. it doesn't for subscribers who have been prudent with their coin allowance. Snap! That makes the feelings expressed even more irrational... since Bioware is giving players choices.. and choices that don't actually cost incremental dollars.

Edited by Andryah

Ah, now i understand.

I fully assume that the existing hairstyles and such will not require a CM purchase and instead will only have a slider price?

This is indeed a relief to hear, though. Looking forward to seeing what the new customization options are. Hoping for some more Sith Pureblood jewellery in the future.

Correct existing style options will only cost the per slider amount to change

You are going to pay for new races in an MMO. It's simply a question of how.

If they put a new race in an expac.. nobody complains.

If they put in the market where players get to decde if they actually want it rather then have it pushed on them as part of a xpac fee... people claim the world is ending.

What we have her is largely irrational feelings about how Cathar is being sold, not that it costs incremental real dollars to get... OH WAIT.. it doesn't for subscribers who have been prudent with their coin allowance. Snap!

Im not talking about the cathar andryah, ive covered this, im talking about the haircuts, tattoos etc for races we have now and have unlocked to legacy requirment for unlocking full looks.

And not to point out the obvious but you actualy quote me stating cathar are fine.

Edited by Shingara

Thank you for proving my point, you cannot read.

what ever you can be as grumpy and unhappy as you want throwing around insults, point is they said over and over they will charge for cosmetic and the NEW hairstyles fall under that category and is completely optional for everyone

Edited by Vis-Tecum

what ever you can be as grumpy and unhappy as you want throwing around insults, point is they said over and over they will charge for cosmetic and the new hairstyles fall under that catagory

The only person being insulting is yourself, as for what they stated was infact, we shall not charge subscribers anything extra for what is already within the game or the creation options of races already within the game, cathar are a new race and as such did not come with the game or those rules. Humans, Cyborgs, mirialan, chiss etc on the other hand are part of the game from launch and fall under those rules.

If f2p have to purchase those looks that is perfectly ok as they have to purchase the other races not free anyhows so it makes no difference. So as character creation is all under one catagory and that is where the limitation stands with the difference to f2p and subscribed that is where we shall draw the line as that is where bioware have drawn it.

And if they ever do a graphics upgrade i shall point it out to you that for you to play with the NEW looks you shall have to pay cartel coins shall i, so stop being such a blind sider and actualy think for a second before posting.

Because right up until that post you have been blindly attacking me as if i was arguing cathar shouldnt be charged even though i stated it multiple times in each of my posts this wasnt the case and you simply were refusing to read what was written and just blindly attacked instead, just as you are still doing.

Edited by Shingara

Hmm, I think I like the way they're handling the new customization options, this way I can make a new character with one of the new options right from the start without having to wait to get my desired choice until I hit the fleet. ^^ Edited by Gwena

The only person being insulting is yourself...

Because right up until that post you have been blindly attacking me as if i was arguing cathar shouldnt be charged even though i stated it multiple times in each of my posts this wasnt the case and you simply were refusing to read what was written and just blindly attacked instead, just as you are still doing.

don't see how I attacked you... you quoted a question I asked someone on what content they had to buy off the cartel market... your first line was "cathar was one thing", I mistook that to mean cathar was your answer and that it is content you had to buy so I filled in the context of the question... but since I made a simple mistake I obviously cant read, that is a petty forum insult so im not the ONLY person being insulting

the only thing I said that could be considered a attack was me asking if you think you should have everything for free... that was a honest question

a lot of subscribers do believe that everything should be free with a sub, and that is valid and why I said I understand that my sub is not going to bring in the content I look forward to, so asking that question wasn't meant to be a attack if that's how you saw it

Edited by Vis-Tecum

don't see how I attacked you... you quoted a question I asked someone on what content they had to buy off the cartel market... your first line was "cathar is one thing", I mistook that to mean cathar was your answer and that it is content you had to buy so I filled in the context of the question... but since I made a simple mistake I obviously cant read, that is a petty forum insult so I used the rollseyes emote so im not the ONLY person being insulting

the only thing I said that could be considered a attack was me asking if you think you should have everything for free... that was a honest question

a lot of subscribers do believe that everything should be free with a sub, and that is valid and why I said I understand that my sub is not going to bring in the content I look forward to, so asking that question wasn't meant to be a attack if that's how you saw it

You were trying to state anything and everything on the cartel market is justified aslong as its not a flaspoint, operation or warzone. This isnt the case. I clearly stated before i wrote anything that cathar was not the issue but the options for char creation for our exisitng chars which we have unlocked fully as a race for all looks are and after being promised that anything todo with races already existing wouldnt be charged beyond the kiosk for new looks on existing chars and it was only cathar that was being charged as it was a new race,

You saying that i was asking for everything was your vieled attack as if im somehow suggesting that subscribers should somehow get everything from the cartel market for free and how I am somehow the harbringer of doom by suggesting that bioware keep there promise because if they do we would somehow have to pay subscriptions and then cartel coins for every patch update which is equal to throwing a stick of dynomite in a goldfish bowl becuase it looked at you funny in concern to this debate.

And as for you not being able to read, the fact you didnt read what was written is a statement of fact which you picked up on yourself after me telling you to read what i wrote as you kept going on about cathar so is actualy a fact not an insult.

Edited by Shingara

You were trying to state anything and everything on the cartel market is justified aslong as its not a flaspoint, operation or warzone.

everything cosmetic... yes

You saying that i was asking for everything was your vieled attack as if im somehow suggesting that subscribers should somehow get everything from the cartel market for free and how I am somehow the harbringer of doom by suggesting that bioware keep there promise because if they do we would somehow have to pay subscriptions and then cartel coins for every patch update which is equal to throwing a stick of dynomite in a goldfish bowl becuase it look of you funny in concern to this debate.

like I said I misunderstood your first post but you were asking for NEW cosmetic features for free so my points were still valid as for the harbinger of doom... lol not even close

And as for you not being able to read, the fact you didnt read what was written is a statement of fact which you picked up on yourself after me telling you to read what i wrote as you kept going on about cathar so is actualy a fact not an insul.

really?

edited

everything cosmetic... yes

Char creation through kiosk which we have to pay for anyhow with cartel coins on existing chars from launch and a peice of armour or a mount are not the same thing. That said, well done for nominating yourself as telling EA that all armour and weapons shells and mounts introduced from this patch forwards should only be obtainable through the cartel market.

like I said I misunderstood your first post but you were asking for NEW cosmetic features for free so my points were still valid as for the harbinger of doom... lol not even close

And ye, i can understand how that shouts cathar boo, not. And free... no dont see that.

Ow and ring your brain around this gem, at the current rate of developed real content into the game from launch of f2p, people who have been solid subscribers could have unsubbed upon the point of completing said content. Left that money in the bank and purchased alot more coins and that includes coins required to unlock the restrictions as they threw coins at us for staying subbed whilst f2p hit.

If we all did that we would have saved a alot more money then what we have recieved in coins back and yet still had the same content yet we didnt, if we had swtor would be in alot worse condition to what it is now and it is currently believed that it is subscribers who spend the most on the cartel market through packs. And how should we plan on supporting this game going forward.

So if there plan is to take people off subscription and onto prefered status then this is the perfect way todo it.

Edited by Shingara