Please Get Rid Of Orbital Stations

Funkdocdaspot

Or at least the option to not use one and just head straight to the planet. The first few times they were cool looking, but now have become an annoying pit stop. The Makeb Orbital Station was useful as a mini-fleet like station with a GTN, some trainers, and vendors but why not just put all that in Makeb starting area with the other half of useful trainers and vendors?

It doesn't take that long to get from the surface to the station.. It is essentially an elevator ride.. Also from the shuttle on the surface, you can go straight to your ship..

I see no need to get rid of the orbital station.. It has it's function for both story and the realistic feel of the planet...

It doesn't take that long to get from the surface to the station.. It is essentially an elevator ride.. Also from the shuttle on the surface, you can go straight to your ship..

I see no need to get rid of the orbital station.. It has it's function for both story and the realistic feel of the planet...

If there's a technical or programming reason for them I could accept that and be fine with it. But the only orbital station I remember having any significant use with the story was the Makeb station and even that only lasted 5min. The rest were just to talk to the guy near the shuttle so he could tell you to talk to another guy on the surface. The other stations that were actually related to your class missions were unrelated to the planets and you never went back to them. Just wondering why I can go from the surface straight to my ship, but not straight to the surface from my ship. Remember traveling between Section X, Black Hole and Belsavis?

The other OS's sometimes have Companion Quests, or Class Quests that takes place on them. Not to mention, they make sense for certain Worlds that do NOT HAVE a Land Based Starport big enough to handle the Class Ships.

Plus, I'd rather be on a Shuttle down to Hoth then be in my own Ship simply because A) I wouldn't want it stolen [again] or B) Have it get stuck there.

You and others might hate the OS's but the fact remains, they are needed to help with the feel of the Worlds and some still have Companion/Class Quests that have use of certain OS's.

Edited by Altyrell

It's a hinderence for those of us that only enjoy PvP, but forced to PvE. It wouldn't be half as bad if there was actually some vendors etc on them, even if not used it'd still make a difference.

• 1 month later...
Please get rid of Orbital stations they are a waste of time and hard drive space. Can't we just pretend we went to an "Orbital Station" and start us off on the surface of the planet we choose. The OP was correct the station for Makeb made sense from a Story perspective and offered Crew Skill trainers and GTN etc. But the others are just a hassle and for some people with a low income and who cannot afford awesome I5, Gforce 700 series graphics cards it's a real pain watching these minute long load screens just to get from my ship to the planet surface. Not to mention the Ilum and Belsavis missions or the Dromund Kaas missions that bug out when you teleport planet side with a priority transport and your have to get back to your ship and fly away and back again to continue the mission. GET RID OF THEM :)