Does anyone else hate RED ERROR TEXT as much as me?

DjCritz

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should edit the fly text with the ability to toggle on or remove some of the red text errors like:

Target not close enough

Ability on cool down

Not enough X resource

I made my UI really small so that I can enjoy the game more. Plus the fact that I'd rather be staring at the main action than at the quicks bars.

I think this is a PVP problem more than pve, as a juggernaut ill spam charge to try to get mine off before another leaper does to make sure I have unstoppable up when I engage. Everyone knows that people have different connection speeds, and who spams fastest will get theirs off first. I support the OP, the red text is stupid, and anyone that says they like it is just trolling to argue, its that simple.

I think this is a PVP problem more than pve, as a juggernaut ill spam charge to try to get mine off before another leaper does to make sure I have unstoppable up when I engage. Everyone knows that people have different connection speeds, and who spams fastest will get theirs off first. I support the OP, the red text is stupid, and anyone that says they like it is just trolling to argue, its that simple.

No one said they like it. So who's trolling?

Edited by branmakmuffin

Yes, it bothers me to no end. There is a thread about this in the suggestions forum from 05/2012 in which a dev posted and said they plan on fixing this. This was almost 2 years ago, still no fix. So I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Does anyone else hate RED ERROR TEXT as much as me?

Not really. It doesn't happen all that often for me. I think the feedback needs to be slightly annoying in order to (hopefully) convince the user to stop doing that thing that is annoying the system. You can't just beat on the system and not let it have feelings too.

I think if it is THAT much of a hassle you are spamming way too much anyway for anything to be efficient. Then again, I never ever notice it.

It isn't a hassle at all in pve, but in pvp all I see is constant red error text, on my marauder at least. But that is because I am strafing around, watching whats going on the screen, and not staring at my cool down bars. Don't see how hard it would be to either add an option to disable it, or add it to the "customizable UI" so we can move/get rid of it. Especially since a dev said they are planning on addressing this issue, that was in 2012.

Edited by Xdancp

It isn't a hassle at all in pve, but in pvp all I see is constant red error text, on my marauder at least. But that is because I am strafing around, watching whats going on the screen, and not staring at my cool down bars. Don't see how hard it would be to either add an option to disable it, or add it to the "customizable UI" so we can move/get rid of it. Especially since a dev said they are planning on addressing this issue, that was in 2012.

I see. Well just be hopeful they are working on it then. I'm sure the developers wouldn't lie about something like that. Just be patient, lots of things have priority over that and that frankly is a QoL feature. It will probably make it in the game at some point.

It is annoying. When I play I find that I have to turn my screen so that the mob/player I am fighting is not in the center, particularly if I have to watch for visual cues like on the gate boss in DF. This affects all my characters, some more than others, laggy times more than lag free times.

No offense to anyone intended, but if you don't see the red text you may not even be watching the action, because the only way to play at your best and watch the action (as opposed to the cooldowns) is to spam the buttons until the abilities cool down, and spam multiple buttons in the cases where you rely on abilities not tied to the global cool downs. As we all know, there is a minor lag between when something happens, we perceive something happening and when we are able to act on it.

I guess unlike some of you people I like to watch what is happening on the screen, the graphics are part of the reason I play this game, if all I cared about was watching the cooldowns then why would I bother with playing one of the best graphical MMO's? The only way you don't notice the red text is if you are watching the cooldowns instead of the action -- and personally I don't like playing that way, at all.

update: After reading the whole thread and several others posted by the OP I think I may just try to turn off my UI since all my abilities are bound to buttons (though I am concerned with how this will affect /rc and chat). I do not point and click on hardly any abilites. Neither do I use a macro program, so advise others have posted on changing the macro delay does not apply. Having read much on the issue I have noticed that people with the most issues also have a robust key bind setup, and those without the issue point and click, though I am sure that is an oversimplification.

Edited by Drossious
typos and clarity

and if you don't see the red text you are a poor player or not even watching the action, because the only way to play at your best and watch he action (as opposed to the cooldowns) is to spam the buttons until the abilities cool down, cause as we all know there is a minor lag between when we perceive something and when we are able to act on it.

I'm almost always watching the action just because if I look at quickbars/resource bar the enemy has a chance to escape.

http://imgur.com/GZyIipe

this is what I see on my JK when ever I am in a fight.

Chasing people trying to hit them, trying to use my force push or leap ability, spamming my defensive and breaks.

On my ranged classes I have less issues, but on my melee classes it is a nightmare, so much that I turn my UI off on most fights now.

Same thing with my marauder in pvp. Constant wall of red text.