The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can't Fix Sittable Chairs? Sitting Emote = Solution!

RPers abound want sittable chairs.

HOWEVER, when I spoke with Damion Schubert (spoke with is a loose term, I asked him questions... he answered; By the way, those cantina tours are nice), it seemed that the programing involved to provide sittable chairs would be "insurmountable" compared to it's importance and profitability.

So I am here to provide Bioware a solution.

Give us an emote to sit like we do in the captain's chair in the cartel market (See below image). Make the emote a perma emote (like /sit, /kneel, /map, /binoculars, etc.) and allow your players to allign our sitting bodies with chairs... OR as one brilliant person mentioned, make a chair appear underneath their butts.

http://www.mmo-guild.co.uk/addons/autogallery/Gallery/1.Games/1.Star%20Wars%20the%20Old%20Republic/pv_Sith_Senggar_Captains_Chair.jpg

Very simple. I know I'd pay to have this emote... I'm tired of my character sitting on the ground with some terrible yoga pose, with my man part's lasciviously displayed to the galaxy.

If you don't want to do this, allow a /sit2 or /sit3 possibility... where we can sit in this game with a bit more dignity. /leanback like the scoundrel? /leanforward like a brooding man? /tripod with a hand on the chin? The possibilities are limitless.

And while you're at it... a /lay emote (to lie down) would be nice too.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/70955/module_gallery/original/496320.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Creedys

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this idea, cryptic had something like this in city of heroes they had a few different sit animations you could use to sit on just about anything from chairs to benches or dangling your legs of the top of a wall. +1

This is an amazing idea. I would be happy to buy a massive number of Cartel packs in order to be able to sit without looking like a 'lady of the evening'. The /sit is currently ridiculous for any role-play whatsoever. Your role-players are the ones who keep playing even when content is old and boring, because they're making their own fun. Supporting them with cheap implements like this would likely appease them. As others have mentioned...

/liedown

/wall lean

/injured

All of these things are 'emotes' your npcs already use so you've coded them into the game!

Think of the micro-transactions!!!

I have been asking for "sittable" chairs since Beta. I understand its far, far, FAR from a high priority on the development list, but it can't be that hard to implement (they added the click-and-sit feature to the personal starships, mind you). I'd love even the work-arounds suggested in this thread! :)

/liedown

/wall lean

/injured

Please :D Also, /elbows on counter lean for when you're in a cantina, because just standing by the bar with your hands two inches away from your sides and you feet placed shoulder width apart while you stare off into the distance is just a little creepy.

Edited by Tatile

This is an amazing idea. I would be happy to buy a massive number of Cartel packs in order to be able to sit without looking like a 'lady of the evening'. The /sit is currently ridiculous for any role-play whatsoever. Your role-players are the ones who keep playing even when content is old and boring, because they're making their own fun. Supporting them with cheap implements like this would likely appease them. As others have mentioned...

/liedown

/wall lean

/injured

All of these things are 'emotes' your npcs already use so you've coded them into the game!

Think of the micro-transactions!!!

/signed. I'd also love the /injured one.

RPers abound want sittable chairs.

HOWEVER, when I spoke with Damion Schubert (spoke with is a loose term, I asked him questions... he answered; By the way, those cantina tours are nice), it seemed that the programing involved to provide sittable chairs would be "insurmountable" compared to it's importance and profitability.

Profitability?

Let me try to make sense of that.

Profitability?

Let me try to make sense of that.

Every minute a developer spends coding this in is a minute that could have been spent on something else. Making the hundreds (thousands?) of chairs interactive, by itself, isn't going to get new people to start playing, it's not going to keep players from leaving, and it's not something they can monetize through micro-transactions. Therefore, no profit in taking the time to change the chairs.

The Sitting Emote, on the other hand, should be a much quicker coding issue than changing the nature of the chairs themselves, so I hope they would throw it in on that basis alone, for good will from RPers. But, more realistically, I hope they implement it since it's a new /emote (using existing in-game animations) they can throw in the Cartel Packs.

Edited by DarthDymond

/signed

I support all of this, but what I'd also like to see if different "walking stances." I mean, not every bounty hunter or Sith Lord walk the same way, right? have different stances like

/walk1 (( Standard walk ))

/walk2 (( injured walk ))

/walk3 (( Stealthy wlak ))

and so on

ROFL Yes! Also, to have gender specific stances, so you don't see Big, burly, body size four, naked Sith Lords seductively strutting towards you in the cantina.

No, no.

Because then you can (at the very least) RP as either a comical drunk or a drag queen.

But really, this game needs to build a GIANT BRIDGE and get over the problem it has with gender stereotypes.

I don't want my hard-arse, guns-and-explosives Trooper being forced to walk around daintily because some man who's insecure with his gender identity and his sexuality thinks that women and men should be forced to walk differently. I know there's inherent differences because of the weight distributions and that you can learn to overcome those if you so want, but that's not the point.

No, no.

Because then you can (at the very least) RP as either a comical drunk or a drag queen.

But really, this game needs to build a GIANT BRIDGE and get over the problem it has with gender stereotypes.

I don't want my hard-arse, guns-and-explosives Trooper being forced to walk around daintily because some man who's insecure with his gender identity and his sexuality thinks that women and men should be forced to walk differently. I know there's inherent differences because of the weight distributions and that you can learn to overcome those if you so want, but that's not the point.

Well, I see your frustration, and agree. I said Gender specific walks because on the server(s) I live on, there are a lot of trolls...and I can already foresee that there will be trolls that will just walk up to you and start doing their thing.

I'd suggest giving both men and women very courageous walks and such, instead of limiting women to dainty walks like you said.