EA signs exclusive SW rights with Disney

I didn't pull random posts. I went to a single page and pulled the ones that specific page that were clearly not valid reviews. I even linked you to the page the posts came from, so your use of "supposedly" just shows you don't actually care about actual evidence or lack of it.

Bethesda doesn't have a rabid hate machine working against it that think its video games are worse than a gulf full of oil or people losing their homes.

Really ?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-3-citadel/user-reviews

Where is the rabid hate machine? Maybe it is simply when things are done right ,people (gasp) react positively and when they are done wrong they tend to do the opposite....

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really ?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/mass-effect-3-citadel/user-reviews

Where is the rabid hate machine? Maybe it is simply when things are done right ,people (gasp) react positively and when they are done wrong they tend to do the opposite....

So.... what does your link have to do with what I said? I didn't say there weren't any positive reviews at all (and whether a review is positive or not is actually completely irrelevant to my point that user reviews are largely worthless), we were talking about the overall score and I showed you a large part of why the overall score for various EA games are so low.

Not to mention the fact that the people who are most likely to buy DLC for a game is people who liked the game to begin with.

Edited by Odlus

Don't be so quick to say that, The Witcher 2 & Dark Souls are hard, and yet they were successfull.

I guess in the end it's not about a game being hardcore or not, it simply needs to be fun to play, and THAT, is what EA needs to understand.

Well, CD Projekt managed to hit that specific type of players, so it became successful, as Witcher 1 was not that hard, it used a good world (pretty much unknown outside of Poland), and it had lots of naked chicks. :tran_cool:

However, I personally did not find Witcher 2 extremely challenging (more like annoying, as it was terrible resource hogger and it lagged constantly, much more than SWTOR). However, it was good game, but I still like Mass Effect better (minus last 15 minutes of ME3)

As for Dark Souls, I will admit, I read few reviews on it and did not find guts to play it, as I hated tomb crawling in Elder scrolls games :)

So.... what does your link have to do with what I said? I didn't say there weren't any positive reviews at all (and whether a review is positive or not is actually completely irrelevant to my point that user reviews are largely worthless), we were talking about the overall score and I showed you a large part of why the overall score for various EA games are so low.

Not to mention the fact that the people who are most likely to buy DLC for a game is people who liked the game to begin with.

Nope, you have shown me why tiny irrelevant part of the overall score for several recent EA games is low. There were literally thousands of negative posts, you just went for strawman and selected few that seemingly prove you point.

BTW, your "not to mention" part actually strengthens my point. Negative feedback was left by people that did not like the game - which makes perfect sense. This is why getting info about the product from user score (if pool of voters was large enough) makes perfect sense.

Both of you are ridiculous.

1st.) "User Experience" is subjective.

2nd.) More people review things when reeling with emotion. Which, generally, is caused by dis-like of the game/product.

3rd.) "User Experience" is subjective.

Clearly, EA is making a crapload of money. Whether or not you enjoy their games personally, millions of people are buying them up and spending $ in them. THAT is more proof of success than any rating. Don't forget -- companies care about what?

1.) Profit

2.) . . . See 1

"Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said in a press release on the Star Wars website that the company's primary goal was to choose a game publisher who could consistently deliver "great Star Wars games for years to come." She continued, "When we looked at the talent of the teams that EA was committing to our games and the quality of their vision for Star Wars, the choice was clear.""

LOL

plz dont post opinions of 1 person, the guy is a blogger and nothing more

He seems to have it backed up by lots of data from metacritic, which should have at least some value.

Probably more objective would be to base it on User Score, rather than on score from "official" reviewers, however, in this regard metacritic is a mixed bag. For example, many people gave Mass Effect 3 a 0 rating because of last 15 minutes (which were fraked up, but that should not invalidate the remaining 30+ hours of gameplay)

it was a must coz the Star Wars change hands so need to renew the contract.

What we will never know are the new terms via the old that we never learned

its a normal thing

Edited by Kissakias

I think it's fair. I think EA released quite a few top notch games...Bioware adding to that list. I still think it rightfully earned the worst company in America rating though. One of the few companies (Sony is one of the others) that flat out misleads it's customers IMO.

I think it's fair. I think EA released quite a few top notch games...Bioware adding to that list. I still think it rightfully earned the worst company in America rating though. One of the few companies (Sony is one of the others) that flat out misleads it's customers IMO.

'merica, where feeling mislead about video games is a higher priority than selling products from labor camps, bank fraud, illegally selling customer personal information, destroying the environment, etc...

'merica, where feeling mislead about video games is a higher priority than selling products from labor camps, bank fraud, illegally selling customer personal information, destroying the environment, etc...

Yes, but it's also the place where cake beats pie. True story.

Sony is not where near as bad in the misleading department. but they are far stupider in the direction they took SOE for the last 5 years.

Ok reading most of this thread and i come to some conclusions.

1.BW is in Canada?

2. People are becoming paranoid about Disney's plans for the SW universe. As i may have a (wait for it) a bad feeling about it. I am just curious on how Disney is gona approach this. If they fail to give the fans what they want, We the fans can Foreclose the House of Mouse. IF they succeed then they get lots of money and everyone is happy.

3. We all need to sit back and wait. Ether we get to see a A-bomb explode in Disney's face or watch them become richer with money and more success..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.