Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Just returned after 15 months absence

Allana

Hey!

I've just resubbed for the game and purchased the new expac and feel a bit overwhelmed by all the new stuff (cartel market, achievements, legacy etc), so overwhelmed that I decided to start a new character fresh. However, I'd like to know what suggestions there are to make this a more enjoyable experience. I have received about 900 cartel coins for example and wonder what I should spend these on. I still have about 4 million credits on my server - anything useful to get? What should I unlock to make my leveling smoother etc.

Any suggestions are very welcome, I feel a bit lost.

Grab all XP boosting character perks save for those your not interested in.

If you're playing Jedi Knight buy yourself Valiant Jedi set (1440 cartel coins or 1.4 million credits). I don't recommend buying cartel packs for the coins. I'd actually save them for dyes and customization in 2.1.

Grab all XP boosting character perks save for those your not interested in.

If you're playing Jedi Knight buy yourself Valiant Jedi set (1440 cartel coins or 1.4 million credits). I don't recommend buying cartel packs for the coins. I'd actually save them for dyes and customization in 2.1.

Thanks! I am going to play a sith assassin as I've already leveled the other 3 force classes to maximum level and the female inquisitor has the loveliest voice of all. Such a snarky tone!

Thanks for the suggesiton mate =) I guess I'll keep my coins for the moment and scour the galactic market for some suitable leveling gear.

Are there suggested guides for crew skills or so?

Check the codex (bottom tab of your mission log) for basic guides on crew skills. Not sure what's best crafting skill at the mo - they all have pros and cons.

I'd also invest in the speeder legacy perk so you can unlock your speeder at lvl 10. Can't remember what the speeder perk costs, but its 40k to get the skill.

I am rolling Artifice/th/arch since December 2011. Got some other stuff on my alt but that's what gets me money. Used to be few million a day buty after Bioware killed end-game gear crafting it's around a mere million a day with selling black-purple crystals. It's bad relying on a single craft. I got an synthweaver alt and Artifice actually helps getting mk - 9 augmentors for the kits. Cant raelly recommend any crafting skills right now. It's gonna be too much competition and less monies from synthweaver and armormech in few weeks.

I am rolling Artifice/th/arch since December 2011. Got some other stuff on my alt but that's what gets me money. Used to be few million a day buty after Bioware killed end-game gear crafting it's around a mere million a day with selling black-purple crystals. It's bad relying on a single craft. I got an synthweaver alt and Artifice actually helps getting mk - 9 augmentors for the kits. Cant raelly recommend any crafting skills right now. It's gonna be too much competition and less monies from synthweaver and armormech in few weeks.

That's interesting. When I played before BIochem seemed to triumph everything due to making yourself the reusable kits, med pacs and stimulants. I guess that's no longer the case. I suppose I'll go with synthweaving since out of my characters I have 2 biochems and 1 artifice already.

Also cheers to the guy above for the speeder suggestions, sounds like a good idea

wait!you are the guy on tomb of freedon naad selling black purple crystals for 50-60k right?

i finally managed to get those super cool crystals for my characters.

so if it's you,THANKS!

Edited by _biddan_

My best advice is to stay away from the forums for the first 2 months. No, I'm not trolling you, I'm serious. People are crying about everything (which is normal for MMO communities), you would just lose interested in the game again, if you read through everyone's ************.

Just don't read the class forums or else you will never decide what to play - everyone says his class is the most nurfed and the worst ever - but if everyone says that, the game has to be pretty balanced, eh?

General discussion is mostly just a troll forum. A few good threats are here too, but def. more trolls.

My best advice is to stay away from the forums for the first 2 months. No, I'm not trolling you, I'm serious. People are crying about everything (which is normal for MMO communities), you would just lose interested in the game again, if you read through everyone's ************.

Just don't read the class forums or else you will never decide what to play - everyone says his class is the most nurfed and the worst ever - but if everyone says that, the game has to be pretty balanced, eh?

General discussion is mostly just a troll forum. A few good threats are here too, but def. more trolls.

Thanks for the warning but I don't really care, I always play what I find interesting not what's on top of the food chain =)

Thanks! I am going to play a sith assassin as I've already leveled the other 3 force classes to maximum level and the female inquisitor has the loveliest voice of all. Such a snarky tone!

Thanks for the suggesiton mate =) I guess I'll keep my coins for the moment and scour the galactic market for some suitable leveling gear.

There is a huge selection of moddable and adaptive level 1 cartel armor in the GTN that you can look through and most of it is pretty inexpensive. That is the way I would go for armor. The Valiant set suggested to you is way over priced IMO (both on the CCM and on the GTN) and not very unique since most of the pieces are reskins (or close enough) of other pieces in game. You can get pretty close to that look, or other looks, here in a few weeks when armor dyes go live in the next patch. So I would at least wait for patch 2.1 to go live before sinking any heavy credits or coins into gear.

Edited by Andryah

I understand you, I'm back after a 4 month break, and boy, the game have changed. for example, it wasn't until today that I realized that there is an universal planetary comm, and have a cap (wich I'm getting close), and this achievement things...even my favorite class, operative, has changed since 2.0. I feel like a newbie lol

My advice: don't spend your Cartel Coins on anything yet.

Spend the millions you have. After you play again for a while (say, one month), you will get to know all new stuff and get a pretty good idea what you actually want to spend your Cartel Coins on, since a LOT of stuff would be just better to get from GTN for credits

- join guild (+5% XP boost)

- buy a couple of Major Experience Boosters on GTN (category on GTN: Cartel Market -> Consumables)

- buy adaptive speeder on GTN (category on GTN: Mounts) for dirt cheap (one that works with all Pilot ranks - 90%, 100% and 110%)

- if you feel like you can unlock some XP boosts in Legacy (under Character Perks) although you should check on GTN (category on GTN: Cartel Market -> Legacy) if these unlocks can't buy bought for cheaper currently than directly from Legacy

Edited by Pietrastor

Hey!

I've just resubbed for the game and purchased the new expac and feel a bit overwhelmed by all the new stuff (cartel market, achievements, legacy etc), so overwhelmed that I decided to start a new character fresh. However, I'd like to know what suggestions there are to make this a more enjoyable experience. I have received about 900 cartel coins for example and wonder what I should spend these on. I still have about 4 million credits on my server - anything useful to get? What should I unlock to make my leveling smoother etc.

Any suggestions are very welcome, I feel a bit lost.

I could make a few initial ones :)

Depending on your legacy level, make sure to unlock things like extra cargo bays, all of your bag inventory slots, etc.

The starter and preferred bundles on the cartel market have quite a few goodies for returning players that are useful.

Then you might like the following...the following applies to all current and future characters on the account if I am not mistaken.

Repair droid, mailbox and GTN terminal on your ship.

Transport - Personal Starship (long cooldown, but more useful than you might think)

Rocket boost

I think the next ones are per character, but still really useful IMO.

Field repair droid

Mail droid

5 second "comp sell junk" return

It's a good general idea to check legacy first before you purchase an item in the market and burn coins, especially if you have the EC to burn.

The other two things I can think of that seem to make a big difference would be the universal planet comms now....check how many you have, and buy those mods for your alts. There is also a huge overabundance of Orange gear now, many fantastic designs to choose from, so have fun with that.

Welcome back :)

I understand you, I'm back after a 4 month break, and boy, the game have changed. for example, it wasn't until today that I realized that there is an universal planetary comm, and have a cap (wich I'm getting close), and this achievement things...even my favorite class, operative, has changed since 2.0. I feel like a newbie lol

Same... ish.

I left way back in... End of December 2012, i think? Possibly early January but...

Boy, a lot has changed over just a few months, for sure. I'm personally satisfied with some of the balancing for the classes. Arsenal seems to be fixed and quite viable in PVP, according to some commentary i saw in a few /general chats.

If there's one thing i'm most thankful about, it's the upgrade in damage for Immortal Juggernauts. I don't know if they substantially buffed anything or not, as i only quickly skimmed over the patch notes, but i seem to be taking stuff down much faster with the way the new Crushing Blow works.

I have to say that the only thing that I am really disappointed with is the changes to some of the audio effects for abilities and the change to Overload for Sorcs for the sake of PVP. At the very least they could have left it as it was but made it unavailable in PVP, and offered the current version of Overload as a different ability that was PVP only.

The 360 degree Overload was one of the favorite things about the class for me. The loss of it dramatically effected the fun factor for it IMO.

Since you have lots of credits, but not a lot of Cartel Coins, before you spend anything on the CM, check the GTN first. People resell cartel items on the GTN, often for surprisingly low prices! For instance, last night I bought the account wide cargo bay for under 140k credits, but it would have cost over 1k CC to get it through the market.

I would also like to strongly recommend, if you find you like the game's current state, download the free security key app for your phone (if you can) to get the bonus 100 coins and purchase 20 bucks worth of coins from jump. It will give you a rather healthy pool to start with for all of the convenience features that make the game FAR more fun to play IMO.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.