Do i understand dulfy's dye-FAQ-correct?

bibobpipop

Guild Wars 2 has a nice dye system so don't go and talk about precedents :p

)

Both GW games have a nice dye system. If Bioware had copied that then 100% of consumers would be happy, but no, they went the greedy route. EA at it again = Unhappy Consumers. Every time.

Bioware, please just make ALL dye craftable and let us enjoy something for once without a fee put on it. Would it kill you? I am curious, how much money is enough for you? GIVE BACK for once. Without us you'd have no jobs.

Edited by DarthVengeant

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both

Bioware, please just make ALL dye craftable and let us enjoy something for once without a fee put on it. Would it kill you? I am curious, how much money is enough for you? GIVE BACK for once. Without us you'd have no jobs.

I am pretty surprised at just how little non-Real Money content they've put in the game in the last 6 months.

Oh and the way the dyes work is just dumb/greedy/stupid. I'm sure the most desirable dyes will be CC only.

Better yet, don't deal with dyes at all. No crafting, no dyes. Just go to a COH style color palette system.

You go to the new appearance editor, select your armor piece, it opens the color palette, you select what you want for the primary/secondary colors, pay a small fee and be done with it.

I am pretty surprised at just how little non-Real Money content they've put in the game in the last 6 months.

Oh and the way the dyes work is just dumb/greedy/stupid. I'm sure the most desirable dyes will be CC only.

Worse, Cartel Pack only.

Want black? Buy a Gamble Box. Good luck!

:cool:

I am only reiterating what others have said but I just wanted to confirm that yes, Dye Modules are consumable. Once they have been placed into a piece of gear, if they are removed or replaced by another Module they are destroyed.

-eric

You should have the ability to learn them and collect them. Once you have that one, you have it for good.

With 25 of them being available in the CM (gambling boxes I'm sure), and probably in the CM vendors (buy rep with cash vendors) for some of the remainder. Over half will be though CM coupled with CM vendor. For that reason, I don't like how this is handled. I'm sure I'm not alone in that thinking, vocal or not. However, If on the Cartel Market. It should be a separate purchase on it's own for a bunch of random dye's. Permanent dye's though. Not consumable....:mad:

No quest rewards or FP's etc. No way to obtain in game, other than crafting by Artifice no less. I thought for sure Synthweaving and Armormech would have it.

Nice to have a dye system, but by the sounds of it. Implementation... Not so much...

Exactly. People don't have to buy it if they don't want to use the color either.

It also depends on how much they cost per dye.

50 coins, I'd be perfectly fine treating them as a consumable... 500 coins, and I'd better be REALLY sure I want to keep that piece of gear before even considering getting that dye.

My guess is that they'll be somewhere in the middle of that range.

From the info we have so far, yes, that what it sounds like.

:cool:

Thanks for that, I hadn't actually thought of that... enthusiasm = sunk... :(

On the bright side, it'll beat the Jawagrams hands down since this would at least be permanent until you no longer like it.

Though knowing my luck, the next packs will still have those damn things.

Edited by Callaron

It also depends on how much they cost per dye.

50 coins, I'd be perfectly fine treating them as a consumable... 500 coins, and I'd better be REALLY sure I want to keep that piece of gear before even considering getting that dye.

My guess is that they'll be somewhere in the middle of that range.

IMO, the cartel coin dyes is not what you should be worried about from an economics standpoint. Its the Artificers in game price gouging early adopters after the patch goes live for their exclusive dyes.

Whatever the price of dyes turns out to be in the Cartel Market... it will scale comparably (based on average conversion of CCs to credits via GTN) to what the actual credit charge is for the Security Vendor and CE Vendor exclusive dyes. And hopefully, this will keep the artificers in balanced check on pricing as well.

IMO, the cartel coin dyes is not what you should be worried about from an economics standpoint. Its the Artificers in game price gouging early adopters after the patch goes live for their exclusive dyes.

Whatever the price of dyes turns out to be in the Cartel Market... it will scale comparably (based on average conversion of CCs to credits via GTN) to what the actual credit charge is for the Security Vendor and CE Vendor exclusive dyes. And hopefully, this will keep the artificers in balanced check on pricing as well.

Oh, probably that too. =/

I have an artificer though, so unless the schematics are incredibly hard to get... I'll be able to keep my many, many alts happy with the color selection that provides! :D

I am only reiterating what others have said but I just wanted to confirm that yes, Dye Modules are consumable. Once they have been placed into a piece of gear, if they are removed or replaced by another Module they are destroyed.

-eric

With them being consumables I assume (one would hope) that we can preview the potential color change before commiting the dye?

As an aside must admit although Artificer needs more recipes for sure I was surpried Dyes didn't go to Biotech being as dyes tend to come from plants or animals. But nvm.

Edited by NeoWolf

I don't suppose anyone will know but... any idea whether we'll be able to "dye" the glowing parts on our armors as well? (The Scalene Gree armor sets being an example of "glowing" parts, though there are several other sets that have some too)

Mods are something that I can see as salvageable. (even though you cant visually see the presence of mods). Dyes are not.

Think of it like a bicycle. You can replace and salvage parts like wheels, steers, brakes etc. But once you apply paint to your bicycle, there is no way in the world you can recover said paint.

Even though this system of armor dyes is not very convenient in some cases, it does make a lot of sense when immersion is concerned. Dyes are very much consumables.

Edited by Kameki

I don't suppose anyone will know but... any idea whether we'll be able to "dye" the glowing parts on our armors as well? (The Scalene Gree armor sets being an example of "glowing" parts, though there are several other sets that have some too)

I have not seen any info that can clarify that... but considering the fact that they have made the neon trim a unique identifier for different Gree armor (including that limited time set that was on the CCM), I bet that is not a primary or a secondary color. I don't recall them changing with color matching to chest... but I'll double check on that later and post the results. If it can change with color match.. there might be hope.

-eric

Awesome to hear because this should create a good economy in game. Thanks Eric..:D

Edited by Asturias

Awesome to hear because this should create a good economy in game. Thanks Eric..:D

Plus... I know it sounds counter-intuitive... but it means lower prices for dyes as well because they will account for the dispoable nature of the dyes as they integrate them into the economy (both price at merchants, and materials to craft).

Well.. let me rephrase that.. they will have accounted for it in the economy if they were not asleep at the switch during design. :p But I give them the benefit of the doubt until such time as it is proven that they didn't. :)

I have not seen any info that can clarify that... but considering the fact that they have made the neon trim a unique identifier for different Gree armor (including that limited time set that was on the CCM), I bet that is not a primary or a secondary color. I don't recall them changing with color matching to chest... but I'll double check on that later and post the results. If it can change with color match.. there might be hope.

Thanks, I don't think those ever change though - so you're guess is probably right, there won't be any dyes that affect them either.

Ah well, just something to take into account when dyeing stuff!

With them being consumables I assume (one would hope) that we can preview the potential color change before commiting the dye?

As an aside must admit although Artificer needs more recipes for sure I was surpried Dyes didn't go to Biotech being as dyes tend to come from plants or animals. But nvm.

Yes you can preview it before committing it, that has been written several times. Also, artificers are IMO going to produce it from color crystals which are nearly completely useless with everyone using Cm crystals (grind the crystal and mix it with some base paint material to create a color paint, seems logical)

I doubt it.

My money says all the desirable colours will be from the CM, the artificers get a bunch of crap colours so EA can point and say "not everything is in the market, look..."

Want a Cat-Vomit Green dye, find an artificer. Black dye you say? Buy more gamble boxes and hope.

I doubt it.

My money says all the desirable colours will be from the CM, the artificers get a bunch of crap colours so EA can point and say "not everything is in the market, look..."

Want a Cat-Vomit Green dye, find an artificer. Black dye you say? Buy more gamble boxes and hope.

This.

I doubt it.

Absolutely!!!! Black, white, any "primary" color I bet comes from the CM. All the crappy "Havoc Squad" orange and purples and teals will be "craftable" lol

F that S!!!

Yep.

“Rare” Dye Modules are also found randomly in Dye Module Kits now and in the future as part of Cartel Market Packs."

I foresee a future where Black dye modules cost upwards of 2.5 million credits on the GTN.

:(

Edited by Blackavaar

I am now a bit concerned because it seems, at least according to the new updates page put up that as of now the dyes only apply to level 15 and up gear that is CRAFTED.

If that is the case I will be disappointed. Unless they intend to add a slew of crafted gear most of the crafted gear is not my personal taste, as it is comprised mostly of the old ugly designs that the game launched with.

Most of the good looking gear seems to be Orange gear or Cartel Market gear (but not necessarily the iconic gear).

I am now a bit concerned because it seems, at least according to the new updates page put up that as of now the dyes only apply to level 15 and up gear that is CRAFTED.

I'm still confused about this too. Didn't the Q and A that was posted recently say that CM armor will be dye-able at any level? But it said nothing about social armor, which I *think* is level 1. I'll have to check that. Basically I still can't figure out what will be dye-able and what won't. I'm looking forward to getting more info on this.

I would love to be able to dye the glowy part of my Gree armor another color as well.