The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Ill explain what I meant to clear this up.

Tank doesn't do his job, 3 standards attack healer (for example)

I shoot standard number 1, get aggro. Should I now move to enemy 2 then 3 or kill 1 then move to 2 etc.

Shield probe, evasion, stun, auto heal from being in cover (on my sniper)

Sabre ward, rebuke, healing myself with burn crits and a 36% crit chance (sent)

How is pulling stuff off the healer going to cause the healer problems? You think a dps can't cope with enemies just because a dps has no heals?

This is all based on the assumption that the healer has the aggro of a by-standing mob already and that mob is not the current dps target - now, yes, kill it by all means! One shot or even two shots and done, fine, great... lets move on, maybe I'll drop the AOE heal to get us back on track, no worries.

But DON'T just "take aggro" in order to just switch it from where it is probably already being dealt with (possibly innately) to somewhere that it isn't. That interrupts me because I now have to heal you as well as the tank AND myself. Needless to say there will be an impact on your dps too, even if slight and certain classes will have certain abilities restricted due to being the main target, so there is a consideration to bear in mind. And again... as before, there are 2 dps, what if you both do it on different mobs? This is where clusterfarts come from!

So if you are going to change your kill order in order to protect the healer, do it, BUT make sure its dead!

That "other" Manaan aside is possibly getting caught up in some of this? Its certainly making me check and double where the bits I'm saying and you're responding to are coming from! Ignore that, concentrate on this Bob :p

And to be clear, and something we can all agree on... if the tank in your question is so bad that you now have all the aggro from all of the mobs, well... /stuck and lets all have a little chat? that might work.

Edited by leehambly

A TFP at any level with a tank and healer? It's every man for themselves. There are kolto tanks, even the tank and healer should be using these liberally, whats the CD on them? 20 seconds? The dps might get a probe or a bubble here and there, leading up to hopefully, if not, during the boss "special move". But with that group composition there's obviously no argument to be had - and yeah, at that point, the tunnelling would be talked about - don't go ruining my pathetic dps in a TFP!

You obviously missed where I stated its the Level 60 HM Manaan, which is a HM Flashpoint (they confirmed FA FPs are gonna be the level 60 HM FPs), and there are no heal stations to use.

One other thing: Your single target healing goal is 4.5k HPS in 198s, and you are expected to use your 4-man heal in your single target healing rotation. This means that if the DPS are taking some damage, it should be dealt with anyway by your rotationally used AoE 4-man heal.

Edited by TACeMossie

You obviously missed where I stated its the Level 60 HM Manaan, which is a HM Flashpoint (they confirmed FA FPs are gonna be the level 60 HM FPs), and there are no heal stations to use.

One other thing: Your single target healing goal is 4.5k HPS in 198s, and you are expected to use your 4-man heal in your single target healing rotation. This means that if the DPS are taking some damage, it should be dealt with anyway by your rotationally used AoE 4-man heal.

And you entirely missed where I talked about being the healer in the Manaan TFP with 3 dps. If you change the scenario, then as I stated, the response changes - that is how it works. That is what I was pointing out. If its a standard FP and we have the trinity, then that's that - there's no issue, never has been and I doubt there to be one. Don't see the point of this.

This wasn’t a Group Finder weird people but I thought I’d post any way as a Weird people you find running dailies.

Was on my last daily run planet for the day on Oricon with my shadow tank. I start off doing the one where you rescue republic solders from the escape pods and it’s then when I notice this Sent on about 15K (no joke) running in and clicking the objective before running off whilst I was fighting the mob around it. He did this to me twice more and I was starting to get real annoyed but I just wanted to do these dailies and finish for the day. Whilst I was on the way to destroy the 3 terraforming devices I notice the same Sent taking another republic survivor whilst someone else was fighting the mob. I move on and do 1 terraform device and as I move onto the next one the same Sent runs up and steals it from me, I’m getting annoyed by this stage but decide to just keep going but he seems to follow me and does it again! I message him and tell him to stop following me and stealing all my objectives and that if he need help either ask me or someone else, I get no reply and he seems to leave (most likely to annoy someone else). I get my remaining 2 Terraforming devices and go fight the Corrupted Subertooth with no issues. Once I exit the tunnel I get a whisper from the Sent saying he wants me to help him defeat the Subertooth, I quickly reply no and he goes on some tirade of how I’m selfish and rude and its people like me that stop new people from playing blah blah blah with some profanities thrown in for good measure. I end up just moving on and the rest of the time whilst I’m there I see him advertising for help for that mission.

Honeslty I've dreaded (:cool:) going to Oricon lately because there are just so many newish players who instead of taking advice to gear up more, group with someone, group with guildee's or ask for help just run in and steal objectives from everyone making running dailies longer than they need to be.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

One of my all time greatest hits of weird GFs.

The Manaan TFP. First time running it, but I figure it'll be fine, I'm in full 180s and the others seem geared well too. I'm in a heal spec Scoundrel. This one Sent votes to kick someone who said they're on a taxi after less than a minute of waiting, and his guildie buddy makes the kick happen. Then the Sent proceeds to explode every. single. kolto tank. he comes across, BEFORE combat. Because I want to get the FA storyline done, I heal the guy. He and the others do okay dps, but I'd had to use my threat reducer often, and even had to emergency stealth because I was drawing aggro (no tank). We come up to that place where you have to activate the two terminals. I stealth and tell the rest to stay put, tranq one of the guards to sneak past, and just as I'm about to activate the first terminal, the Sent aggros a mob, and starts screaming for me in chat. I'm stuck, because of the mob between me and the rest, and I can't even activate the terminal because of the combat. Sent barely survives, and starts yelling at me for not running to come heal him. I told him I couldn't restealth to come help, and would've brought a mob with me as well. He hurls some profanity at me and said 'your job is to keep me alive.'. I reply: "You know, the kolto tanks would help if you used them only when you need them". He and his guildie kick me.

Naturally, I put the Sent on ignore. And I pity the healers that have to put up with this one.

This is all based on the assumption that the healer has the aggro of a by-standing mob already and that mob is not the current dps target

That interrupts me because I now have to heal you as well as the tank AND myself.

Needless to say there will be an impact on your dps too

And to be clear, and something we can all agree on... if the tank in your question is so bad that you now have all the aggro from all of the mobs, well... /stuck and lets all have a little chat? that might work.

First sentence: thats the only way a healer will have aggro - if nothing has hit it yet as your aggro gen is through the floor

second sentence: Try reading what I wrote again. A dps does not need heals to kill 3 standard enemies. With DCD's on a dps I would imagine fighting 3 standard enemies would result in a dps dropping down to maybe 97% at the lowest (often recieving no damage, 3 standards can't even break down my shield probe by the time they are dead). That really doesn't require a heal.

3rd sentence: doesn't effect my sniper dps as when I am in cover I am unaffected by pushback (you as a heal however are). Sentinels who use rebuke do more damage when they are being attacked.

4th sentence: I agree, this should be irrelevant if the tank is awesome. However on spread out pulls even the best tanks don't get a chance to hit everything before your first heal (though the good ones know that a slow should come early in the pull). Expecting tanks to know what they are doing is rather hopeful IMO.

Think of it the other way round imagine you are in atheiss. The tank and both dps tunnel vision the boss and all those adds run at you (I think there are 4) then the mini-beasts spawn in and you get 4 more. Are you going to stand there healing yourself while thinking "well at least I only have to heal myself?"

Either the dps rip off you, kill it and in the process loose maybe 3% (through you can use your sage hot if it bothers you that much) or they stay on you pushing back all you heals, causing you to heal yourself while the tank is wondering why his 30% isn't being sorted out.

And if the adds are on you and your healing through it, thats still no better because unless they are killed your going to have to heal yourself and the tank (without any cast heals of course as they get pushed back) so you run out of resource fast.

I don't see why you would moan about dps pulling aggro, its either that or the tank ends up dying as the healer cannot cope.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Tank doesn't do his job, 3 standards attack healer (for example)

I shoot standard number 1, get aggro. Should I now move to enemy 2 then 3 or kill 1 then move to 2 etc.

As dps your highest priority is to protect the healer. If you see 3 standard enemies running to healer then it's your job to do something about it.

(includes 2 first bosses from Athiss HM)

Was on my last daily run planet for the day on Oricon with my shadow tank. I start off doing the one where you rescue republic solders from the escape pods and it’s then when I notice this Sent on about 15K (no joke) running in and clicking the objective before running off whilst I was fighting the mob around it. He did this to me twice more and I was starting to get real annoyed but I just wanted to do these dailies and finish for the day.

I'd have force stealthed and dumped the mobs on him. Or just rushed in and clicked on the thing before killing the mobs.

On The Ebon Hawk, I ran a lowbie group finder flashpoint the other day on a new pub toon I was levelling. This particular toon of mine was a female toon and the other 3 people were male toons. Everyone in the group was "normal" except for the tank. If a male toon "whisltes" at one of my female toons, it's no big deal because I just laugh it off and reply back saying I am a male behind the keyboard.

Anyway, this tank was:

1. Using group chat the whole time during the FP, not to lay out his plan of attack but to just give commentary after we completed something (not just to say "Good Job" but a full commentary of what just went down. LOL) He repeated this throughout the flashpoint.

2. Using ALL CAPS, like he was yelling (He did it to be "noticed" so he could get all the attention.)

3. Always referring to himself in the 3rd person, like "JIMMY DID..." and "JIMMY DOES...", etc. (His toon's name was not JIMMY. I just used that as an example to protect his real identity.) This reminded me of an old Seinfeld episode where a character always referred to himself in the third person.

4. When we came to a cutscene and when it showed his toon, he asked in chat "ISN'T JIMMY GOOD LOOKING?" (or something similar.) Then one of the group members replied something like "Dude, I'm a guy, and besides, you are meh looking, at best". Then the tank replied "JIMMY WASN"T ASKING YOU! JIMMY WAS ASKING <my toon's name>." I didn't even know how to respond. I just ignored him and didn't respond and finished out the flashpoint.

After the flashpoint, I didn't even know what to think of this guy at first. Was he a weirdo, a goofball, an immature kid or adult, or was he just trying to RP? I immediately ruled out RP because he wasn't using RP-speak. I then ruled out him being a goofball because he wasn't funny at all the entire time (he wasn't even clever with any of the crap he was saying.) So, it came down to either being a weirdo or an immature person. Either way, he was very strange.

Then a day or two later, I was on Tython with this female toon of mine speaking to the Jedi Council. And who do I see there also? Yep, it was JIMMY. He recognized me while we were running past each other in opposite directions. I saw him stop running, but before he could acknowledge me (I knew he was going to say something to me,) I hit my fleet pass to zone out. LOL

Edited by nootsie

Did my first lvl 60 HC FP via GF today. Got a group consisting of my Jugg Tank, an Op Heal, a PT DPS (Advanced Prototype? Is that what it's called?) and Madness Sorc. The three musketeers belong to one of the biggest guilds on my server, but I don't care about those things. FP is Legacy of the Rakata and I immediately facepalm, fearing the worst with them untankable bosses.

Anyway, first boss still takes forever, sadly. Had some deaths along the way, still getting used to 3.0 Jugg tanking, it just feels different somehow. Also the PT kept falling behind because scavenging every droid is of the essence. Get to the bonus boss, and :rolleyes: happens. The PT DPS stands in the AoE and dies (AoE is somewhat similar to Garold, pulls you in and has at it), don't think there were heals going on at that point. The boss uses me as a punching bag while I control the adds. The Op finally, after all of the forevers, throws a combat rez at the PT, who proceeds to stand in the AoE and die again, immediately. If I hadn't been in the middle of a boss fight, my face would have made contact with my desk. We clear it, but it takes a very long time.

Commander Rend is a pushover. But oh my, the final boss. Colonel Darok. Watch out for that guy, he can insta kill you if you stay around for the hugs. Arkous is harmless enough, but Darok, he'll kill people. If he enrages, it gets worse, he nearly managed to kill Jakarro, that's how high his damage is in enrage. We down them on the second try.

Also, recent experience is that Sorcerors don't learn that they have a battle rez apparently.

Edited by Darkelefantos

Get to the bonus boss, and :rolleyes: happens. The PT DPS stands in the AoE and dies (AoE is somewhat similar to Garold, pulls you in and has at it), don't think there were heals going on at that point.

Isn't that what you are supposed to do :p? I did legacy of rakata HM yesterday for the first time, and I figured since we still took aoe damage when we moved out of the room and just spawned adds that way, we might as well stack up and I just healed everyone through it.

Isn't that what you are supposed to do :p? I did legacy of rakata HM yesterday for the first time, and I figured since we still took aoe damage when we moved out of the room and just spawned adds that way, we might as well stack up and I just healed everyone through it.

Yeah but you're not supposed to die :p

Yesterday I ran my first 55HM in 3.0.

I was getting used to the Gunnery changes, so I queued as DPS for the practice. I get HM Mandalorian Raiders (level 55, 38k HP) alongside a 55 Gunslinger (32k HP), a 59 Scoundrel healer (40k HP), and a 59 Guardian tank (42k HP).

We start clearing trash, agree to do the bonus, and pretty much immediately I'm pulling aggro on strongs that the tank is hitting. I ask the tank for guard. The tank says he's already guarding the healer. I point out that the healer isn't likely to pull aggro, and he accuses me of badmouthing the healer or something. I let it go and just give the tank a few seconds at the start of difficult pulls to build aggro before I start DPSing. I still end up with aggro on a lot of stuff throughout the instance, but I've specced into Reflexive Shield and Electro Shield and the healer is good, so I survive the doggies.

We get to the difficult pull just before the first boss and decide to LoS. We stack up, the tank pulls the group with Saber Throw, and then proceeds to not use any AoEs as they come through the door. I get a dog or two, the Gunslinger ends up with two, and I realize that the tank has been tunnelvisioning like a pro this whole time. Amazingly, everyone survives; I pop all my DCDs, use Cryo Grenade and Concussion Charge to peel dogs off the 'Slinger, and the healer spam-heals us through the fight.

First boss (Braxx the Bloodhound) isn't a problem, only the tank takes FRICKIN' FOREVER to taunt the boss back after being stunned, so the dogs keep getting buffed. Whatever, we handle it. On our way to the second boss (Imperial Boarding Party) the healer gets stealth-detected by the two turrets right before the boss and the tank proceeds to tunnelvision the nearer one, forcing me, the less-squishy DPS, to peel the other one off the healer until he gets there and taunts.

The boarding party boss itself goes fairly smoothly except that the tank just tunnelvisions the Inquisitor the whole time. The Warrior is just leaping around hitting random people like he does, and the healer has aggro on the Agent and Hunter until the Inq is nearly dead and I try to peel. The tank eventually picks up the last two and we finish the fight, though I got 2shotted by the Agent's AoE.

We spawn the bonus boss (Gil) and wipe pretty badly. Why? Well, the 'Slinger and the healer aren't getting out of circles very fast...OH AND ALSO, the tank isn't taunting him back until he's already gotten about three hits in on whoever he leaped to. I honestly think the tank wasn't expecting the boss to drop aggro, because he made some crack about DPS being used to easy Elite Comms, and how we were going to have to relearn how to manage our threat. I tell him that the threat drop is a MECHANIC, and that we'd have been fine if he just taunted as soon as Gil chuckled. We end up skipping Gil.

On the final boss (Mavrix Varad), the tank pretty much stays on the boss the whole time, occasionally hitting or taunting one turret. Naturally, the other turret in each pair stays firmly on the healer most of the time until the first turret is dead. Meanwhile, the tank is yelling at me, telling me to only attack one turret at a time. Amazingly enough we clear it without any problems. I then give the tank a piece of my mind, explaining that what I was doing is called "peeling for the healer" and if he'd been doing his job properly it wouldn't have been necessary. The 'Slinger decides to be diplomatic and says we shouldn't worry about apportioning blame. I shake my head and head back down to Rishi.

Teal deer: tank tunnelvisioned, blamed DPS for pulling aggro when it was actually an aggro-drop fight mechanic, and yelled at me for peeling an elite off the healer. Props to the healer for keeping us alive through that kind of stupidity.

For various reasons I have only just logged on since last weekend. I didn't bother pre-ordering lvl 60 so am stuck at 55 until next week. However upon logging in with my sniper I did my discipline stuff then queued up for HM fp's

I eventually get a pop for lvl 55 mando HM. the healer is level 59, tank is level 59 and the other dps level 57. As soon as I zone in I see the tank saying "too low" and popping a vote kick on my level 55 sniper. I ask what thats about and the tank tells me:

tank: "your undergeared"

me: (takes a look at hp) "I have 36k, the healer has 27k the other dps 28k, and your tank is 37k so hardly a huge leap considering your a tank"

Before I get to see the tanks response I get thrown out the area by the kick.

I set off to do my makeb dailies while waiting for another pop and eventually get HM hammer station. We get to the first boss and, being a sniper I open with the same ability I always open with on tougher enemies or bosses....shatter shot. Throughout the fight I refresh shatter shot once or twice, noticing that it isn't refreshing the armour debuff. I read my tooltips and see it no longer does armour debuff so I apologise in chat:

me: "sorry about that, I only just started this new disciplines thing"

healer: "np"

other dps: "what? I didn't see anything aweful"

me: "I kept shooting shatter shot, hadn't seen my armour debuff is now in my penetrating shot"

The tank then throws a vote kick on me with the reason: noob. It doesn't go through, the tank tells us he wont carry a noob, ninja loots then quits. We get bored waiting for a new one so complete with the healer using their Kaliyo.

Edited by BobFredJohn

Had a pretty terrifying group that caused me to deselect Manaan from my list of flashpoints i'll queue up for ever again (unless its with guildies or for the daily reward).

Me using Basic Comm tank gear (because screw mitigation, I want 53k hp!)

DPS Sentinel with mostly dread master gear

DPS Shadow with revanite gear, but missing the helmet (oh no)

Heal Commando

I could tell the run was going to be scary when at the start, I inspected the DPS to see who would get the guard (of course the sentinel got it) and the shadow was helmetless. I don't kick people unless its absolutely necessary, but then again I had no idea how tough the DPS checks were going to be.

The first bits of trash I apologized, because I hadn't tanked since patch 2.6 (its been ages), though we didn't lose anyone for the first couple of pulls.

Then we get to the corridor before the first boss. Second set of alarm bells, because the entire corridor got pulled.

3 guesses who did it with their knockback.

I calmly explained that he killed everyone, and that whirling blow is a better AoE option, especially since they specced Infiltration, then hoped for the best.

Next up, the first boss. This took 15 minutes. Now i'm really terrified for the last boss's hard enrage, but I thought i'd just deal with it if I had to, and bring it up again later. Turns out the shadow took my advice too literally and only used whirling blow that time except to activate telekinetic throw:mad:

Afterwards, we got through the trash easy, then tried the bonus. None of us had ever done the bonus boss yet, so understandably we died. A lot.

I figured the easy way to do it is not stand in the circles. Except for some reason the droids kept charging at the shadow and blowing us all up. I'll look it up later to see what to actually do there (I highly suspect a DPS is supposed to alternate taking the explosions so the whole team doesn't).

Then the Order of Shasa Selkath boss time. Cause we skipped the bonus boss after 5 wipes.

This guy took 3 attempts, the first one wiping @15% because I didn't notice how much quicker the 'flow' attacks were coming. The second one @5% for the same reason, and the third one had both DPS die to flow @10k hp remaining (still killed it).

After a roll over the trash before the third boss, I say a quick prayer, and get started.

I was going pretty well (apart from constantly losing aggro to the kick) until everyone died :p

This happened 16 times. 12 of these were caused by the hard enrage (I was really getting pissed at the shadow, though I almost got through to him of what to actually use, hopefully he was able to form a rotation out of it), while the other 4 were cases of me being kicked right as the adds spawned and insta-killed the healer. Eventually, we lucked out, as on that last pull, the fire always spawned on top of the boss, and the adds always spawned between the healer and the fire, so they died on the way to the healer.

We finish with 20 seconds to spare.

Afterwards, a DPS Trooper chestpiece drops. I don't win it, but after that healer's performance with dealing with the shadow and my unaugmented basic comm gear, I say he earned it (I really wanted it though because it was actually an upgrade in 90% of cases) - sure it had an accuracy enhancement but it also had power mod + good armoring for him to use.

Edited by TACeMossie

I had that Manaan FP yesterday and our group didn’t even make it past the first boss. I was Tanking with my shadow in full 186 gear and we had a scoundrel healer and sent and guardian DPS all geared very well. We all say at the beginning this was our first group run as we’d all done it only solo before. In two of the pulls before the first boss I go down and the scoundrel healer apologizes about how he is still getting used to his new lower level healing specs and how to manage his abilities, I tell him that’s not a problem (I also have a scoundrel healer I’m levelling to 60 and understand the changes in amount of healing done will take a little getting use to) and just make sure to use health packs and DCD's more often. Get to the first boss and it glitches out hard with the shields being on the boss with the shields still registering that they're on the two bots, for some reason the guardian blames me? We all let ourselves die and respawn to start again only to find the same glitch it still going on as in we're doing 0 damage to the unshielded bots, the guardian gets a little shirty at me and leaves and the sent and scoundrel understand it's glitched out and there's nothing we can do and we all leave. Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Finally got back to FPs after taking my main (Lightning Sorc) to 60 and buying a full 186 rating armor set. I still kept the 156 rating augs and the 55 PvP relics, though, due to the lack of basic ones, and REed myself a purple 186 rating hilt for my lightsaber. :confused:

This time, however, I was hte weird one, for sure. :D

I queued for a few TFPs and had no issues, finished hte weekly in about 1h, so I decided to queue for a HM FP 60. Queue popped instantly, and I got a Rakata run right from after the first boss. Apparently, the DPS before me left for some reason. It's usually a bad sign, but I'm in my dailies spec, so in case I can still take a beating.

My build, just to be clear, is composed of Force Suffusion, Sith Defiance and Tempest Mastery for the Skillful Tier, Emersion and Lightning Barrier from the Masterful Tier and Force Haste and Force Mobility from the Heroic Tier.

Which means that, with the change to Lightning that makes Lightning Bolt/Lightning Strike instant every time I use Force Speed, I have great kiting potential without sacrificing DPS. Loving it. :D

Still, I zone in and begin my stuff, AoEing the mobs as much as possible without breaking CC and the like. The Tank, an Assassin, seems a bit worried I'll break it, however, and asks me to be careful. I'm confident I won't create trouble, though, so I keep doing it. Not a single CC broken in the whole run. :cool:

On the mobs guarding the crates you need to destroy, I begin my kiting, running in circles around the mob themselves while using all my instant procs, with the odd Shock, Lightning Flash and Thundering Blast on the move.

It's pretty hilarious to see, I bet, but since my DPS is the same regardless, I don't risk creating trouble in that regard. I however get asked what the hell am I doing, and as I explain the three seem quite shocked. Must have been riddiculous to see a Lightning Sorc change from turret to ninja shooter. :p

I still manage to rip aggro, though, but that's a minor problem. On mobs, I can manage. ;)

The following boss gets interesting. We do our thing as usual, AoEing the mobs as the Tank keeps them together, and down them in no time. I however keep getting the love of the boss himself, and hte Tank has to single Taunt him back on CD, even though I use my Cloud Mind - threat drop - on CD myself. :o

I lol a bit as I see the Tank Force Speed to chase the boss and Taunting it, as I keep running in circles around him only stopping to unleash Force Storm on the mobs as she groups them. :D

Still, we down it no problem, and go on merrily with me running in circles like a madman and downing mobs in moments. :rolleyes:

Last boss works the same, I'm constantly getting Darok's love - he's untauntable, so my kiting actually prooves useful :p - as the other 3 focus on Arkous, bringing him at 10% before chasing the other one around as he rolls at me. :D

We down them no problem, and the Tank Assassin comments on how fit my Sorc has become with Lightning Spec after 3.0. We all lol together there, and part our ways happily, the HM FP 60 Weekly started in the best way possible, for me. :cool:

TL;DR: Got to work on the new Lightning Spec with a nice build of my own, kited like crazy in a HM FP, so much in fact that we all lolled at it. In the end it was NP, not it was hilarious regardless. :D

Finally got back to FPs after taking my main (Lightning Sorc) to 60 and buying a full 186 rating armor set. I still kept the 156 rating augs and the 55 PvP relics, though, due to the lack of basic ones, and REed myself a purple 186 rating hilt for my lightsaber. :confused:

This time, however, I was hte weird one, for sure. :D

I queued for a few TFPs and had no issues, finished hte weekly in about 1h, so I decided to queue for a HM FP 60. Queue popped instantly, and I got a Rakata run right from after the first boss. Apparently, the DPS before me left for some reason. It's usually a bad sign, but I'm in my dailies spec, so in case I can still take a beating.

My build, just to be clear, is composed of Force Suffusion, Sith Defiance and Tempest Mastery for the Skillful Tier, Emersion and Lightning Barrier from the Masterful Tier and Force Haste and Force Mobility from the Heroic Tier.

Which means that, with the change to Lightning that makes Lightning Bolt/Lightning Strike instant every time I use Force Speed, I have great kiting potential without sacrificing DPS. Loving it. :D

Still, I zone in and begin my stuff, AoEing the mobs as much as possible without breaking CC and the like. The Tank, an Assassin, seems a bit worried I'll break it, however, and asks me to be careful. I'm confident I won't create trouble, though, so I keep doing it. Not a single CC broken in the whole run. :cool:

On the mobs guarding the crates you need to destroy, I begin my kiting, running in circles around the mob themselves while using all my instant procs, with the odd Shock, Lightning Flash and Thundering Blast on the move.

It's pretty hilarious to see, I bet, but since my DPS is the same regardless, I don't risk creating trouble in that regard. I however get asked what the hell am I doing, and as I explain the three seem quite shocked. Must have been riddiculous to see a Lightning Sorc change from turret to ninja shooter. :p

I still manage to rip aggro, though, but that's a minor problem. On mobs, I can manage. ;)

The following boss gets interesting. We do our thing as usual, AoEing the mobs as the Tank keeps them together, and down them in no time. I however keep getting the love of the boss himself, and hte Tank has to single Taunt him back on CD, even though I use my Cloud Mind - threat drop - on CD myself. :o

I lol a bit as I see the Tank Force Speed to chase the boss and Taunting it, as I keep running in circles around him only stopping to unleash Force Storm on the mobs as she groups them. :D

Still, we down it no problem, and go on merrily with me running in circles like a madman and downing mobs in moments. :rolleyes:

Last boss works the same, I'm constantly getting Darok's love - he's untauntable, so my kiting actually prooves useful :p - as the other 3 focus on Arkous, bringing him at 10% before chasing the other one around as he rolls at me. :D

We down them no problem, and the Tank Assassin comments on how fit my Sorc has become with Lightning Spec after 3.0. We all lol together there, and part our ways happily, the HM FP 60 Weekly started in the best way possible, for me. :cool:

TL;DR: Got to work on the new Lightning Spec with a nice build of my own, kited like crazy in a HM FP, so much in fact that we all lolled at it. In the end it was NP, not it was hilarious regardless. :D

If you're an artifice, take a look at the vendor again - it sells schematics for green rating 168 relics that give 800/proc and 21 base power, that are REd into 810/32, and then 825/43 for the purples.

Far better than your old PvP relics thats for sure.

If you're an artifice, take a look at the vendor again - it sells schematics for green rating 168 relics that give 800/proc and 21 base power, that are REd into 810/32, and then 825/43 for the purples.

Far better than your old PvP relics thats for sure.

Yeah, I know, and I have those recipes... I just had no time yet to RE them to purple 186 rating, and for now the value of Brutalizer ones with Willpower Augs is higher still than green... :o

Did a Legacy of Rakata HM FP with my Merc DPS on POT5. I had mostly Dread Master (minus mainhand and one relic).

Struggle to make it through the FP, but we get to last boss and wipe three times. I finally check gear of the others and see that our illustrious Sniper (who was condescending throughout the whole thing towards the tank) had no relics, no hilt in offhand, and no earpiece.

Whisper him about it and get "I have done this ten times before today with no issue". Take a quick look at achievements and see ....Nothing for this FP even in SM. I add him to ignore and vote to kick. It fails and I leave the group so I don't waste anymore time.

Why would you go into a New HM FP without Relics, Hilt or Ear? Unless you are trolling that is.