Guild was hacked

DarthMurdek

Two people who had not been given any privileges in my guild removed all but 15 of our 200+ members before i was able to login and stop them as well as clear and delete our Guild Bank. Is there a way to get a rollback? Or at least to get these *********** permabanned?

Just realized it sounds like i cleared and deleted the bank in my post. It was them not me

Edited by DarthMurdek

Well that means either someone gave them privileges or someone with privileges were hacked. There is a way to prevent that. There is a checkbox to make sure anyone with privileges must have a security token. I'm sure a GM can help you, but its kind of your fault too.

Well that means either someone gave them privileges or someone with privileges were hacked. There is a way to prevent that. There is a checkbox to make sure anyone with privileges must have a security token. I'm sure a GM can help you, but its kind of your fault too.

If i the not on regularly guild leader gave those options to the second in commands then sure but hes the only one with those priveleges and if he was hacked he would have been online and they probably would have just dispanded it.

This obviously is a case for customer support not for general discussion.

If CS can proove, that the person to the ejects and the bank accessment was not privileged to do so, you got a chance for a restore.

If however a char with legit rights was doing all that, you are doomed.

I'm curious how one's account gets hacked, unless one's email also was hacked.

I do know that if a guild leader is absent for a set period of time (don't recall the interval), guild ownership reverts to someone else. I wonder if this might have happened in your case and whomever got ownership decided to be a spaz.

I'm not trying to poke at you about this... but how do you know for sure it was not an "inside job"

I ask, because I've seen it happen before. Specifically in Rift.. where it tended to be more common since players could server hop and name change in the process.

In any event... you need to move this to the Customer Support forums to get attention. You need an in game ticket to get it resolved.

I'm not trying to poke at you about this... but how do you know for sure it was not an "inside job"

I ask, because I've seen it happen before. Specifically in Rift.. where it tended to be more common since players could server hop and name change in the process.

In any event... you need to move this to the Customer Support forums to get attention. You need an in game ticket to get it resolved.

I've seen it happen in Eve, so :p

Yup. Someone got upset or someone sold their account - either way, I bet you were betrayed by someone you trusted.

Another thing I've heard is going around is people pinging guild leaders and claiming their the alts of members. Some guilds give alts the same privileges as mains so if someone granted access to an alt cause they said it was so and so then you're in trouble. Our guild has implemented a policy of not inviting alts unless the requester confirms in TS.