[Sorc PvP Video] 1 mil Damage Taken, 0 Deaths

Cilas

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other healer on your team took more damage than you. Well done for being guarded and healing each other.

What? not even close, the other healer took 100k damage. I took 2 million. Can you count?

I'm not that impressed though. But good for you if you feel you achieved something.

I don't think I achieved something at all. You missed the point of posting this completely.

Wrong. You are a full premade with communication. You know as well as I do the second they were to go for another node you would have been right there to defend. That warzone was a lose from the start, no matter the pugs strat. There is no way they were gonna get the rotation down to hold 2 nodes against a full seasoned premade.

I would agree with that I suppose. Point is they didn't even try.

80% of the PUG's ive been in couldnt even spell common sense, let alone enact its application in decision making.

Strategy is useless in PVP, unless, your against extremely bad players. Adaptability is the way of PvP.

Also, hows the old e-peen feeling? PUG stomping getting to the point where everytime it happens we get a forum thread?

another person who missed the point of the video. My e-peen is very small, and I like it that way.

My e-peen is very small, and I like it that way.

That's what she said.

But, seriously. This isn't about PuG vs. Premade; this is about, people who don't appear to get the point in the first place.

I suggested a possibility in another thread about some tutorial quests to unlock the ability to queue for PvP. Since many players appear to assume that PvP means 'team deathmatch rules', some optional, repeatable tutorial quests for each type of warzone's rules would be helpful in teaching players the bare-bones basics of each warzone.

It would be helpful in that it would reinforce to the players that the point of warzones is to achieve the objectives, and that to do that, you may (or may not) have to pwn some opponents.

sorc facetanking is op with guard and operative heals.

good ****.

I would think anything is op with guard and operative heals. Solution? Nerf guard and operative heals.. no.. wait.. don't do that.

what is this healing thing..I have never experienced it in a warzone.

LooooooL I understand yer pain.

Cilas, I watched some the vid, music made me turn it off. I'm incredibly sorry, but aside from demonstrating great survivability with class skills and teamwork...what was the purpose if this thread? LoL man, I tell ya sometimes people can't see what's in front of them. Like not being able to see the forest because the trees are in the way. Clever I'd suppose.

Healing is overpowered, AND highly appreciated...lol

LooooooL I understand yer pain.

Cilas, I watched some the vid, music made me turn it off. I'm incredibly sorry, but aside from demonstrating great survivability with class skills and teamwork...what was the purpose if this thread? LoL man, I tell ya sometimes people can't see what's in front of them. Like not being able to see the forest because the trees are in the way. Clever I'd suppose.

Healing is overpowered, AND highly appreciated...lol

i try to switch the music up from video to video, a lot of people have a lot of different tastes. Purpose of the thread and video was to demonstrate the type of person that complains about healing and it's OP'ness

My thoughts:

In 3 node warzones, there's a common perception among losing teams that once two nodes are lost, it's assumed you'll be able to faceroll the third node. About 90% of the time, that happens, just because the leading team never knows when some skilled stealther will knock out your solo guard on the edge - meaning you go and split up. Especially when you've got split ends like here.

I find it quite remarkable that all this fighting actually took place at mid. what amazing pub stupidity. Just amazing.

However, there's also this: Someone mentioned that PvP is getting boring, with combat essentially involving 'turtling' around nodes. I have to agree with this. Survivability is very high compared to 1.7 now, in everything but huttball. Amount of healers directly influences results so dramatically now that I refuse to group with more then one or two guildies/friends unless one of them is a healer - then I'll join a 4 man.

it kinda sucks- I honestly liked pre-2.0 better. The only reason we're seeing much higher DPS numbers in warzones is because healers are cranking out more HPS then ever before. Combine this with increased defensive mechanic (of varying kinds) for almost every archtype in 2.0, and non-exploit health pools being about 50% more then pre 2.0, and you get what we have now (besides a bad bolster system we never needed at 55).

I had 19k health in 1.7. I'm now at 29k. 5 levels, 50% health increase. Why?

Edited by islander

Much respect for Cilas - and this video does simply display a poor team - but, the fact of the matter is, it now (post 2.0) takes roughly twice as long to kill a healer 1v1 on my sin (and I eat healers for breakfast). Add another healer or two to the mix, and it's pretty clear that healing is out of whack. The odd part is, it now takes about half the time to kill anyone else. Go figure. I'm not here to say how easy a healer should be to kill. Maybe they weren't as powerful as they should have been before - I'm not here to debate that either way. I'm just saying, it's pretty clear there's a difference and their strength has been increased. No amount of bad pugs will change that fact.

Sorry, one team playing very badly is not indicative of a balance issue.

When premades are queuing straight heals consistently (and winning that way) they need to change it. There's a reason why the healing debuff exists in PVP. Nothing against healers on a personal level, I play them too, but its pretty unanimously bad for the game to have heals this strong.

Edited by dcgregorya

Skip to 2:50 in the video

About 5 people were attacking you, you were guarded also. It doesnt take skill to guard someone. You never went below half health on that bit.

he was never rupted once, he never recieved a healing debuff.

4 of 5 dd´s were horrible not matching the dmgpotentials the 6th was indicating they were even unable to match the dmg of the opponents TANK ffs. so stop blaming the healing - start playing while using the brain as a dd.

Edited by Tankqull

Exactly! Yet, for some reason, whenever I play my Vanguard, I usually wind up living, especially if we do what I like to call the 'Texas Triangle':

1: I guard healer, who heals themselves. While that's going on I

2: taunt the attacker and unload my full set of debuffs, slowly nibbling him down. Of course during that,

3: the attacker continues ineffectively damaging the healer, who is still healing themselves.

For some reason, 90% of attackers love dancing my Texas Triangle with me...darned if I understand why...

As stated a few posts above, the game needs better indicators of effects in play and who is doing what. The taunt effect should be visible and also who did it, there should be no question about someone taunting you so that the attacker can adjust focus accordingly. As it is the attackers hardly notice the taunt, especially mdps as they already have far too many things to consider already and usually can't see what's going on behind their back.

Um no. We had 3 healers and 2 tanks at mid.. which is why NONE of them were dying. They could have easily left mid and taken the other nodes. They could have cc'd and/or shifted focus on a different target too. They were on me the whole time which is why the assassin guarding me didn't swap guards at all. He got 1mil protection just guarding me, and I took 1mil damage. That's a total of 2 million damage directed at me. The op healer with us only took 100k damage. Something wrong in that picture?

Something has to give? Bad players complaining for nerfs.

Ok, so you had total control of the middle, the opposing team has wiped numerous times, which deteriorates their tactical cohesion with each wipe. You say they should of went for another node? Lets say they did, the minute one person would of been visible there would of been a call out. Since you're so skilled, and others are so bad, I'm positive you would react immediately by dispatching one of your three healers to help defend the other node. By this time, there's no one really attacking the middle, so does your 2 healers just stay in the middle? No, at least one of them would rotate over to support the assaulted node, bringing us back to the same scenario, invincible healers that are deciding every game. It's not about skill anymore, it's about how many healers your side has.

Edited by Odyseus

he was never rupted once, he never recieved a healing debuff.

4 of 5 dd´s were horrible not matching the dmgpotentials the 6th was indicating they were even unable to match the dmg of the opponents TANK ffs. so stop blaming the healing - start playing while using the brain as a dd.

eeeeeexactly. No one interrupted me (or the other healers for that matter)